AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-22, 15:32   Link #7201
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Esdeath and Tats are the only reason people read the manga or watch this anime in the first place.
While I like both characters they are not my only reason for reading so I'm am not part of that group.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:41   Link #7202
ta2666

Characters in this manga are superfluous. Kill one off, plug a new one in. That how it's gone since the beginning. Best not to get to attached to anyone.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 15:44   Link #7203
Junior117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
Characters in this manga are superfluous. Kill one off, plug a new one in. That how it's gone since the beginning. Best not to get to attached to anyone.
Too late. Already attached to Mein. I'll suffer the consequences if or when she gets killed somehow...
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 15:50   Link #7204
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
Too late. Already attached to Mein. I'll suffer the consequences if or when she gets killed somehow...
nah, not killed, just to become prime minister's wife
Old 2014-09-22, 15:54   Link #7205
Junior117

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
nah, not killed, just to become prime minister's wife
Wha...?

Now where did that come from?
Old 2014-09-22, 15:57   Link #7206
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Wha...?

Now where did that come from?
Last chapter.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:01   Link #7207
Estzero1

Don't scare him. We don't know yet who will it be.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:01   Link #7208
Junior117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Last chapter.
Well, where in the last chapter that it imply it; looking at it, I just don't see it (and if this is a joke,... then I don't get it).
Old 2014-09-22, 16:14   Link #7209
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

It was foreshadowed by the path of peace. Surely you did not forget the prophecy?
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:22   Link #7210
Junior117

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
It was foreshadowed by the path of peace. Surely you did not forget the prophecy?
Of course not! But they were referring to the chapter that came out this month, not the chapter that come out months ago (I don't remember exactly how long; I've been out of the loop working on other things and focusing on NOT paying attention to this manga until the newer chapter came out).

And, while I'm keeping an eye on that prophecy, it could still mean anything (though, I still feel like this current conflict between Esdeath and Tatsumi (she wanting to kill Tatsumi and all) could be it). I don't know: I'm just guessing things.
Old 2014-09-22, 16:27   Link #7211
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

On a serious note, I'd be really shocked if NR attacks, and the PM falls in love with Mine on first sight the way Esdeath fell for Tatsumi

It's like the villains in this series need to declare their love ahead of time.
Old 2014-09-22, 16:27   Link #7212
GDB

Quote:
Surely you did not forget the prophecy?
I actually have forgotten the prophecy, other than Tatsumi and Mine becoming a couple. What was it again?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:29   Link #7213
Estzero1

Quote:
On a serious note, I'd be really shocked if NR attacks, and the PM falls in love with Mine on first sight the way Esdeath fell for Tatsumi
Oh goodness, hope not.
I couldn't take this serious, if something like this would happen

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:33   Link #7214
NeutralZero

The PM is like his son
there's no way he'll be attracted to Mine the way she's 'lacking'...
the prophesy iis not fully stated as to what kind of event will un fold
that is one possible path
then there's also Tatsumi dying (?)

now that NR loses 2/3 of their memebers
things look grim for them considering the chance that there will be no more additional memebers (Kuro and wave can defect though)
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:35   Link #7215
gmsephiroth

Geez, I'm gone for a few days and this thread blows up.
Old 2014-09-22, 16:36   Link #7216
Junior117

Quote:
Highly doubt that would happen; that would really look really silly (and would just complicate things). I'd drop the manga right then and there.

Though, I am genuinely concerned on the seriousness (or lack thereof) that this manga is taking itself. I mean, there wasn't much meaning with Lubbock's death; it was very quick, there wasn't much of a fight there, and it seemed that the author killed him off just for the sake of killing him off (and for pure plot advancement, seeing how Tatsumi is now enraged over all these things and then finding out that Lubbock's dead). If the author is capable to do that, then who knows what else he'll do that could might not make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsephiroth View Post
Geez, I'm gone for a few days and this thread blows up.
Yep. Welcome to the Akame forum thread! XD
Old 2014-09-22, 16:38   Link #7217
Wandering Soul

Quote:

It's like the villains in this series need to declare their love ahead of time.
I don't know whether I would laugh or be disturbed if that happened.
Old 2014-09-22, 16:46   Link #7218
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I actually have forgotten the prophecy, other than Tatsumi and Mine becoming a couple. What was it again?
Something regrettable happens to Tatsumi x Mine shippers. He smirks, and walks off with an evil smile, remarking to himself, "Enjoy it while it lasts, fools!"

Quote:

Though, I am genuinely concerned on the seriousness (or lack thereof) that this manga is taking itself. I mean, there wasn't much meaning with Lubbock's death; it was very quick, there wasn't much of a fight there, and it seemed that the author killed him off just for the sake of killing him off (and for pure plot advancement, seeing how Tatsumi is now enraged over all these things and then finding out that Lubbock's dead). If the author is capable to do that, then who knows what else he'll do that could might not make any sense.
If you remember last month, there was a time constriction because of the Anime book the author was working on at the time. That effected the editing for sure, and we were left with an odd pacing that made it seem like the author didn't care about Lubbock's death in the next chapter.

Do you think it would have felt more meaningful and made a bigger impact had chapter 52 ended off with Lubbock's death instead?
Old 2014-09-22, 16:47   Link #7219
saw2097

Quote:
Highly doubt that would happen; that would really look really silly (and would just complicate things). I'd drop the manga right then and there.

Yep. Welcome to the Akame forum thread! XD
This author has no rules or restrictions.

Just look at that extra chapter a while back with those poor three girls, that tells you the author has no problems with how dark or vicious the manga gets.

I have just accepted that everyone is going to die except for Tatsumi and Akame, at least until the final arc, then they become killable characters.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:48   Link #7220
Junior117

Quote:
If you remember last month, there was a time constriction because of the Anime book the author was working on at the time. That effected the editing for sure, and we were left with an odd pacing that made it seem like the author didn't care about Lubbock's death in the next chapter.

Do you think it would have felt more meaningful and made a bigger impact had chapter 52 ended off with Lubbock's death instead?
Honestly... yes I do (even more so if the fight lasted two chapters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
This author has no rules or restrictions.

Just look at that extra chapter a while back with those poor three girls, that tells you the author has no problems with how dark or vicious the manga gets.

I have just accepted that everyone is going to die except for Tatsumi and Akame, at least until the final arc, then they become killable characters.
I still have hope for the remaining Night Raid members (maybe Lione may die; I'm not sure).

As for the three little girls,... did they have much of a plot? If not, then I'm sure that their deaths did make sense to an extent.

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-09-22 at 16:58.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!