AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 02:11   Link #7721
Excorsism

Having montages of the losers really made me pumped up for this next match. Avenge them!
Old 2012-03-03, 02:17   Link #7722
orangejuicetang

I really can't see Jellal lose this fight. At worst he might tie.

I'm honestly kinda excited for this fight though. The two of them are both (or maybe were for Jellal's case) part of the ten wizard saints, right? If memory serves me right, the only time we've seen two wizard saints going at it was Jose vs Makrov, which Jose said could easily turn into a catcalysm. On the other hand, in this case they probably won't be going out all trying to kill each other, but it's still really interesting.

I'm somewhat curious, do you think Jellal will use his own magic, or try to use Mystgun's magic? He does have his staffs, as far as I can tell.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 03:02   Link #7723
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, I really hope Mystgon/Jellal pulls of a win here for Fairy Tail. The montage of the losers in today's matches as he walked into the arena was really emotional.
Old 2012-03-03, 05:20   Link #7724
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, Lucy still crying in the shower makes me wish Natsu wasn't stopped in the beginning of the chapter...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 05:46   Link #7725
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Jura would probably find out that it isn't the 'real' Mystogan behind the mask, but keep quiet over it...

I'm betting on a draw here :3 Jellal seems extremely pumped up for the fight and Jura, being Jura is calm as ever.
Old 2012-03-03, 09:01   Link #7726
Lunarskylar

jura however claims that he's the weakest of the wizard 10 saints. and unlike the rest of fairy tail, jellal actually had the 7 year time span to improve as well. so i can't see this match being too complicated since jellogan should have the advantage

which makes me think he'll be trying to imitate mystogan's magic, putting him at a disadvantage
Old 2012-03-03, 09:24   Link #7727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
which makes me think he'll be trying to imitate mystogan's magic, putting him at a disadvantage
It's not like anyone knew what magic Mystgan used, the only one who survived an encounter and could realize what was going on was Luxus...
Old 2012-03-03, 09:43   Link #7728
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Wendy is going to have a heart attack when she sees Jellal. She will think that original Mystogan came back or something. ^^'

I really hope that anime makes a filler about his past when he was collecting his staffs.

Natsu is definitely getting more perverted.
Old 2012-03-03, 13:59   Link #7729
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It's not like anyone knew what magic Mystgan used, the only one who survived an encounter and could realize what was going on was Luxus...
At the same time, though, a lot of people probably know what magic Jellal used. You don't get to that level (10 Wizard Saints and Mage Council) without almost-everyone knowing what you can do. Granted, he has had seven years to develop new talents in various fields, but his primary magic ("Heavenly Body Magic" according to the wiki) is pretty much an instant give-away.
Old 2012-03-03, 16:47   Link #7730
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even though it looks like that sometimes, it's not like a magic is particular to one wizard. There may be lots of people who use "Heavenly Body Magic". Though I suppose not as well as Gerard.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 18:10   Link #7731
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And since we have no indication that Leon and Ultear even know of each other
Umm, yes they know of each other. Ultear was the one pulling Leon's strings on Galuna island. After they returned from Tenrou Island, Leon said to Gray "You know Ultear and Meldy, right?" and apparently proceeded to tell Gray about the prison break for Jellal that Ultear and Meldy pulled off.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 08:28   Link #7732
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Here is to betting on Jellal doing something epic to win, after all he was also one of the wizard saints. And in the earlier chapters Jura himself said he was the weakest among the ten.
Perhaps to entertain the crowd he might even perform some Mystogan-like magic! The crowd being us, the readers of course.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 13:02   Link #7733
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And in the earlier chapters Jura himself said he was the weakest among the ten.
That was seven years ago, however Granted though, Gerard and Ultear were admitted into the council purely because of their strength while being officially guildless, in contrast to Jura. And Gerard's fanbase is as big as Magnolia
Old 2012-03-04, 13:22   Link #7734
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Umm, yes they know of each other. Ultear was the one pulling Leon's strings on Galuna island. After they returned from Tenrou Island, Leon said to Gray "You know Ultear and Meldy, right?" and apparently proceeded to tell Gray about the prison break for Jellal that Ultear and Meldy pulled off.
Gah, I lapsed on that one, you're right, you're right.

Still, I don't think that Ultear even thought of Leon as a potential other than for being used.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:16   Link #7735
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That was seven years ago, however Granted though, Gerard and Ultear were admitted into the council purely because of their strength while being officially guildless, in contrast to Jura. And Gerard's fanbase is as big as Magnolia
Jellal and Ultear have also had seven years. And Jellal was admitted to the council with only a percentage of his power, given that it was a frickin' astral projection.
Old 2012-03-05, 13:48   Link #7736
orangejuicetang

Somewhat curious, have we seen the rest of the people who were stuck on Tenrou Island and then went off to train yet?

i.e. Cana, Fried, Bislow, and Evergreen?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:42   Link #7737
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Somewhat curious, have we seen the rest of the people who were stuck on Tenrou Island and then went off to train yet?

i.e. Cana, Fried, Bislow, and Evergreen?
No, we have not.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 16:12   Link #7738
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What's the use of a 'tournament' if ANYONE can basically cheat.

Gadz that's like the 'cursed' broom in Harry Potter, if a teacher could do that heck I am surprised the Qudditch Cup is even playable with all the high level magic going on there.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 00:30   Link #7739
orangejuicetang

Somewhat off topic, but has anyone know where I can find the Fairy Tail Rave Master crossover?

Is it somewhere online/has it been released in some volume?

Old 2012-03-08, 11:08   Link #7740
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn....*tilts head*

Hnnn.... *tilts head further*

Hnnnnh!....*head bent at 90 degrees*

... I can't remember!

I thought it was attatched to one of the released chapters but I don't remember which one...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen