AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 22:30   Link #1521
servidor

I will admit that Kenchi has more experience and a better Seikuuken than Takeda, but please don't forget what makes a great boxer, the desire to win no matter what. I believe that the one with the greatest desire to win will be the victor regardless of technique.

In page 15 of chapter 320, Master James Shiba, said that Kenichi has used his full strength against Takeda.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:43   Link #1522
Umobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
I will admit that Kenchi has more experience and a better Seikuuken than Takeda, but please don't forget what makes a great boxer, the desire to win no matter what. I believe that the one with the greatest desire to win will be the victor regardless of technique.

In page 15 of chapter 320, Master James Shiba, said that Kenichi has used his full strength against Takeda.
Kenichi is a unpredictable person. I believe even James Shiba will be shock later.

But this is so weird, takeda was really overpowered and I hate the fact he is kenichi clone. zZzz. If kenichi lose to takeda, i'd say that is bullshit.
Umobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:53   Link #1523
servidor

Hey! that was just the first round, you just measure your opponent strengths and weaknesses, before the real assault. I wonder how important will Akisame and Shiba become as couches to their disciplines, is their job to see through the opponent's strategy to come with a strategy of their own.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:26   Link #1524
NoLongerSane

I do not mind that Takeda has modified some of Kenichi's moves to fit his style of fighting as long as it make him reliable in the upcoming fights. Even though Takeda has copied some of the moves that Kenichi preforms, it only fits to his boxing style, which means the power and effectiveness of the moves are as strong as the style allows. Kenichi has the advantage in bring out the full potential of power due to being trained in multiple aspects of the martial arts.

As I have stated before, if Takeda is power up due to this sparring, then it makes him a very valuable fighter for Kenichi when he faces of with YOMI and beyond.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:31   Link #1525
Umobile

^Still.. why didn't the writer pick hermit instead.

Takeda is really being cocky with all his current powered-up character. >.>
Eventhough he got all the talent, but still; don't you think he's progressing abnormally fast? I hope at least hermit stronger than him or else it'll be fake.

If kenichi lose, indeed he will push him self to a stronger dimension. However, it'll be stupid eh.. with the current determination in him.
Old 2009-01-15, 03:22   Link #1526
kujoe
from head to heel

For me, the Seikuuken is becoming a bit overused in the manga.

While I understand it's one of the more effective special techniques that Kenichi knows, it's starting to get too much focus or page time. I would like the manga to show Kenichi developing different special techniques from other styles, since him having more than one teacher is what makes a martial artist like him interesting.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 04:57   Link #1527
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Takeda using Ryuusui Seikuuken was unexpected for me but it's still inferior to Kenichi's Ryuusui Seikuuken since Ma Kensei said it's shallow.
Old 2009-01-15, 06:32   Link #1528
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Takeda using Ryuusui Seikuuken was unexpected for me but it's still inferior to Kenichi's Ryuusui Seikuuken since Ma Kensei said it's shallow.
Its not Seikuken. Its an offensive type of move. Its basically "Double Man" vs Ryuusei Seikuken.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 07:26   Link #1529
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its not Seikuken. Its an offensive type of move. Its basically "Double Man" vs Ryuusei Seikuken.
But Ma Kensei said it's shallow, but Ryuusui Seikuuken has definitely been activated.

Last edited by Photonbeam; 2009-01-15 at 07:36.
Photonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 11:09   Link #1530
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
For me, the Seikuuken is becoming a bit overused in the manga.
Let's just hope that it doesn't become the Kage Bunshin of this series......
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:10   Link #1531
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Let's just hope that it doesn't become the Kage Bunshin of this series......
I thought is was the resengen, or is from anime only.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 13:44   Link #1532
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally out !!!
Combat intense ! Ahah Akisame thinking , kenichi care about his moustache ^^
Kenichi is serious now , well Takeda too ! Fight between 2 sei fighters , its promising !

Yeah , its true , takeda is overpowered and seems like a kenichi clone , so if ukida find a master judo , he will be a badass as a clone judo kenichi ?

And for kenichi , remember he got the endurance ! he can stand !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:07   Link #1533
Terrean

Hmm.. unexpected and annoying..

Spoiler for ch320:
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:23   Link #1534
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seikuken is a defense technique, the "ultimate" barrier. But as we all know a good offense is a good defense. What Takeda used is an offensive move, intended to try to break through the seikuken and knock Kenichi out.
Old 2009-01-15, 16:44   Link #1535
noktown

Well it starts annoying me seriously,what the hell ?So Takeda has gotten as strong as kenichi 100x times faster than Kenichi ?Even if he is Talented,there is a limit too...

I think that Matsuena is trying to make the "Talented" friends strong too fast...

And on top of that he didn't even expect Kenichi to be so strong :

"How Was his full Strength"
"Honestly,more than i expected"

Like what the hell...
Matsu needs to slow down ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:45   Link #1536
ultimateking

first of all, nobody ever mentioned this would be the "ryusui seikuken", it only reminds of the activation of the ryusui seikuken...it's just something very similar used by sei types...remember akisame's yahagi ayurashi? that also looks like ryusui seikuken, but it's something completely different...
what i don't like is this whole fight, it seems like a filler, like the author's running out of ideas, so he uses this fight as a time for respite to think about the next plot...i'm sure after this fight it'll get much better storywise ^^
Old 2009-01-15, 17:03   Link #1537
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seikuken is a defense technique, the "ultimate" barrier. But as we all know a good offense is a good defense. What Takeda used is an offensive move, intended to try to break through the seikuken and knock Kenichi out.
Ryuusei Seikuken Is not only an almost absolute defense technique depending on the user, but it also holds offense as seen in chapter 320 where he attacked Takeda with Ryuusei Seikuken, while Takedaīs so called poor copy version only holds offense.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 19:52   Link #1538
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Ryuusei Seikuken Is not only an almost absolute defense technique depending on the user, but it also holds offense as seen in chapter 320 where he attacked Takeda with Ryuusei Seikuken, while Takedaīs so called poor copy version only holds offense.
The move gives the user perfect foresight on the opponent. In its core its a defense technique. Blocking or Dodging opponents allows the user to have an opening to do an attack. That's what happened. The attack wasn't the R.S. but rather an opening caused by the R.S.
Old 2009-01-15, 22:11   Link #1539
Umobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Hmm.. unexpected and annoying..

Spoiler for ch320:
Exactly!

It looks very unfair when kenichi work so hard and unique because the only one who possess such technique for young people thou.

Now.. takeda; got everything from a 'great' master.

Very frustrating. However, I do believe the manga author will make something out of it. Kenichi may probably get his own developed technique in future chapter. Technique that would impress the ryozanpaku master? =P

Hope So!!

Last edited by Umobile; 2009-01-15 at 23:15.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:31   Link #1540
Rashou

Wow, Takeda's being kinda cheap by just copying Kenichi, but then again it'll probably help Kenichi grow more if he's being countered with his own technique (albeit a far inferior version of it). Can't wait to see exactly how this fight turns out- hopefully Kenichi will spar with Tanimoto one day as well- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Nice Kitty!
Rashou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen