AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-25, 14:41   Link #6461
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Btw, Mikoto didn't solo Level Upper arc. Without Kazari and Kiyama I doubt Mikoto could have done any damage to AIM burst with its regenerative power.
Well, I counted only the "main spots", there was always a lot of side characters.
(Even in this arc Mikoto "mentally" helped, but she is still considered the damsel in distress.)

Plus, the AIM Burst itself caused massive pain and strain on the people.
Having to constantly regenerate would eventually worn them out.
Without the ability to disconnect, if she kept attacking it, she would have eventually killed all the people connected to it (thus stopping it).
Old 2014-03-25, 15:03   Link #6462
Birdway
Banned

And she would've been out of battery before that.

And without taking in consideration that, it would've been a loss without help.
Old 2014-03-25, 15:30   Link #6463
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Spoiler for Railgun Chapter 69:
Old 2014-03-25, 16:03   Link #6464
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

^^She wouldn't have been out of battery, she has more than enough volts. She just wouldn't have been resolute enough to actually kill people... that's the real reason she would have failed without help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I agree with zaeraal about how soloing everything would be a little boring.

And you know, I don't think Mikoto was exactly a "damsel in distress" in sisters arc anyway. Sure, she received significant help from Touma, but one cannot deny that Touma would have been beaten to a pulp if Mikoto hadn't done some quick thinking and requested the Sisters to help out with the wind manipulation. Sure, it wasn't like she got much "action" in the finale, but it was actually quite a significant move if you think about the overall scheme of things. Just my two cents.
That's true. Also, it was Touma's fault that Tree Diagram was destroyed in the first place, so he kind of owed it to her to resolve her situation that time. That's especially why I thought he should have been involved in that crisis. Maybe he didn't remember what happened, but she could have just changed the experiment data like she was originally going to, if Index hadn't used Dragon's breath...

Also, it's better seeing more characters involved in these arcs, and non-solo wins.

Though the level upper arc wasn't completely soloed. Uiharu had some important parts in it. That's the arc where I originally got to really like Uiharu.

Furthermore, we really should wait until next month to say anything. Just like Hiss13 said, these are better to read in installments, not in chapter by chapter... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Plus, I doubt Kamachi is actually messing with the chronology. He probably planned this out.

Also, there were definitely things from NT foreshadowed in the railgun manga:

Gunha's power is dividing the world by 0 (I wonder what that's referring to... I have my suspicions)...

Misaki has a connection to Touma... that's foreshadowing already...

ITEM made their first debut chronologically here even if they were written first in OT light novels.

I'm not sure how the dragon has to do with anything right now, but rather than complaining about it messing with the chronology, I'm enjoying it. I think next chapter will help fix whatever problems we have with the current one.

And yes, current Touma doesn't care about his powers. While people may find it annoying, that is the way it is. That doesn't say anything about the NT Touma. These events right now are happening during the Daihasesai. That was a long, long, long time ago (even if it was only a few months). So stop using these events as evidence for how Touma feels about things right now. There is no connection at all.

This dragon is probably not a foreshadowing to NT 10; more likely, it has to do with something else that might end up being important in Railgun or not. Maybe the Kiharas find out about it or something...
Old 2014-03-25, 16:17   Link #6465
Birdway
Banned

Not really Touma told her about magicians and the church and she forgot that, Mikoto really thinks she became Level 5 by only hard work and never tried to deepen on the persons related to the experiment, heck, Lessar gave the best exposition posible about magic systems but Mikoto was like... "It must be science lol" =___=
Old 2014-03-25, 16:37   Link #6466
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

It looks like Mitori is on the cover page of this chapter with the bottom part of the page explaining about her ability, like the ones that some of the other characters have gotten earlier in the Railgun manga.
Old 2014-03-25, 17:10   Link #6467
LG-MAX

the problem is not Mikoto receiving help, Touma is almost always helped in Index, the problem is the second arc followed that Mikoto is the damsel in distress, be the damsel in distress is not receiving help, but be unable to do anything and waiting to be rescued by others. Yes, she begged the sisters by helps in sisters arc, so that they could cancel the wind.

Was it really necessary for this transformation demon Mikoto? for what purpose it served? we knew that the city would not be destroyed, also knew she would not gain psychological problems after that. The arc was much better until the flashback of Dolly, after that it was only fanservise, I wanted this time see a story about Mikoto, but unless something twist happens in the next chapter, the ending only served to make the Touma gain some fans and make the series lose some.
Old 2014-03-25, 17:37   Link #6468
Gray Servant

Eh I don't see the big deal really. Mikoto has saved Touma more times than he's saved her.
Old 2014-03-25, 17:39   Link #6469
LG-MAX

There is a big difference between saving and steal the dignity of a protagonist, think about it.
Old 2014-03-25, 19:36   Link #6470
dKmps
ñe

Well, I saw the chinese scans already... anyone know what those hands are? are those good or bad hands? xd it reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist

I'm waiting to see some reaction from Misaki from what happened to Mikoto...
Old 2014-03-25, 20:08   Link #6471
Miraluka
Banned

Probably something like:

"Still alive? That's good☆...
...Tch"
Old 2014-03-25, 20:11   Link #6472
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Not really Touma told her about magicians and the church and she forgot that, Mikoto really thinks she became Level 5 by only hard work and never tried to deepen on the persons related to the experiment, heck, Lessar gave the best exposition posible about magic systems but Mikoto was like... "It must be science lol" =___=
I'm hoping next volume she'll be forced to acknowledge it. She might not, but one can always hope... She could just take Touma at his word, but well, one can still hope. It depends on how much Kamachi dislikes her popularity...

And...

@Miraluka

Yes, that's exactly the reaction that I would see happening.
Old 2014-03-25, 20:18   Link #6473
Death Usagi
Banned

Power of Friendship wins all!!!

Joking aside

There are reasons when one fails while trying to solo
Old 2014-03-25, 21:08   Link #6474
LG-MAX

By the way, already explained why Touma's arm was ripped?

I do not think it was simply by supernatural power of the black sphere.
Old 2014-03-25, 21:45   Link #6475
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Yeah it was awesome, but according to some spoilers it quickly came back.

PS: Mikoto is naked and Touma saw her
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246
-snip-
Sigh...I thought Mikoto was naked but looking a better raw she still has that cloth thing covering her body except for her head, neck and shoulders... guys plz.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-25 at 23:27. Reason: needed to destroy someone illusions
Old 2014-03-25, 21:50   Link #6476
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Not sure how to answer, this is what happens to (nearly all) main female characters.
They are the ones that get carried around like princesses by their chosen "prince".
It's a sign of being the main character, other don't tend to have this privilege.
There's so much wrong in that I wonder if you realize the unfortunate implications.
Old 2014-03-25, 21:58   Link #6477
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
There's so much wrong in that I wonder if you realize the unfortunate implications.
There are unfortunate implications, but it doesn't mean that was the intent. It's just how the readers interpret it. It's not like he saves the day every time, just many times. For example, he can't speak French...
Old 2014-03-25, 22:06   Link #6478
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
^ I agree that Mikoto had it comming like all Touma's harem members.
Though unlike the others, she had it done in the most outstanding way.
That's the tsundere for you. Hold out longer then anyone, and then outdo everyone before.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2014-03-25, 22:15   Link #6479
Goldzero

can someone send the raw in message for me?

nvm, found it.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2014-03-25 at 22:34.
Old 2014-03-25, 23:11   Link #6480
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
That's the tsundere for you. Hold out longer then anyone, and then outdo everyone before.
Or just regret for holding back her feels on a typical tsundere fashion and later mourn over the past time cuz someone else got ahead of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Everyone has their own 'filters' I guess .

Quote:
Not sure how to answer, this is what happens to (nearly
all) main female characters.
They are the ones that get carried around like
princesses by their chosen "prince".
It's a sign of being the main character, other don't tend
to have this privilege.
Well, Index and Orsola did beat everyone regarding that though .

...nuns.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-25 at 23:24.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen