AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-04, 14:26   Link #2161
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Some people don't like Mashifoni anime because of the end pairing
Old 2013-02-04, 14:35   Link #2162
LeoXiao
思想工作

All (i.e. >90%) of the "moe" garbage.
Old 2013-02-04, 14:41   Link #2163
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I don't have a good a track record with Shaft's anime except for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Madoka, the former because the art style already lends itself to Shafts shafting and the latter because Shinbo's artistic ego didn't get in the way.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-02-04, 15:18   Link #2164
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Highschool of the Dead. Thought that anime was dreadful.I got recommended it by some of my friends, who said it was good, never going to listen to them again
Old 2013-02-04, 15:26   Link #2165
Fuyuno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
All (i.e. >90%) of the "bishie" garbage.
Sorry but I had to fix that.
Old 2013-02-04, 20:18   Link #2166
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Kuroko No Basket, it felt a little too bland for my tastes.
Old 2013-02-04, 23:10   Link #2167
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Hetalia though I hate its fandom many times more than its actual "show".
Old 2013-02-04, 23:44   Link #2168
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
Sorry but I had to fix that.
Don't like that much either, though tbh I haven't really seen any.
Old 2013-02-06, 04:39   Link #2169
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Hetalia though I hate its fandom many times more than its actual "show".
Madoka and Nanoha... yeah the fandom.. *runs and hide
Old 2013-02-06, 13:15   Link #2170
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
You shouldn't have done that

I'm talking about the fandom, I personally will not attack you if you don't like something.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-06 at 13:39.
Old 2013-02-06, 13:37   Link #2171
Soverence

Personally, Sword Art Online is probably the one that most stands out for me but I feel like there is a big split in people who like and hate that show.

Also well I didn't particularly "hate" this series, I think it ended up being a much worse series then it could have been, that being Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Its odd that I put this here when my Avatar is Dekomori, but the second half of that series just was done terribly in my opinion except for a couple of parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Even though I am personally a fan of Madoka, I can see why some people might hate it. It has some flaws and leans somewhat toward melodrama with a lot of talking and ideology in the later half so I can see where the hate can come from.
Old 2013-02-07, 23:20   Link #2172
Oxistu
下呂様

In my case would be Naruto for all the extra chapter they include... some times it extends to long and it makes cuts in the story and it gives the sensation that everything is out of order....
Old 2013-02-08, 01:04   Link #2173
MC117

Dragon Ball Z. I know that it is a classic but I don't see what's so great about it.
Very overrated imo.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:16   Link #2174
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Even though I am personally a fan of Madoka, I can see why some people might hate it. It has some flaws and leans somewhat toward melodrama with a lot of talking and ideology in the later half so I can see where the hate can come from.
I don't mind the normal fans... it's the other fans I'm pointing too.... the very speculative, delusional ones who makes stuffs though it doesn't exist....

I personally want to watch the two series but the fandom and the fanarts makes me wants to halt and think more before I make a mistake... like Vivid did....
Old 2013-02-08, 08:55   Link #2175
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
Dragon Ball Z. I know that it is a classic but I don't see what's so great about it.
Very overrated imo.
Even speaking as someone who actually does like DBZ... I haven't the foggiest idea how it became so popular and influentual. I mean, I can basically point to two factors for why I even like it at all:
1: It was one of the first Japanese series I ever got into, back at the very beginning of it when it was still a comedy-series, and
2: I read the manga first, in the collected volumes that came out once a month over here in Norway. (Granted, the translation for those was really sloppy, but I didn't notice that back then.

When it comes down to it, the manga had very little content per chapter, which of course made things rather difficult for the anime when they'd have to stretch out basically 12 pages of people exchanging punches into a 20 minute episode when the content really didn't lend itself to much more than five minutes at best... and how ever people managed to actually stay invested in the story when it was being given to them in such ridiculously small portions in the manga back when Toriyama was still writing it, I'll never understand. Heck, one of the things that contributed to me eventually giving up on Bleach (I mean, before it became completely apparent that Kubo was just making stuff up as he went along) was how for a good while, it would take me less than two minutes to read a single chapter. And having actually tried looking through the Dragon Ball manga, a lot of the chapters there are just as quick reads, if not even quicker... How exactly did Toriyama even manage to keep the interest of the children of Japan for over a decade?
Old 2013-02-08, 09:02   Link #2176
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Even speaking as someone who actually does like DBZ... I haven't the foggiest idea how it became so popular and influentual. I mean, I can basically point to two factors for why I even like it at all:
1: It was one of the first Japanese series I ever got into, back at the very beginning of it when it was still a comedy-series, and
2: I read the manga first, in the collected volumes that came out once a month over here in Norway. (Granted, the translation for those was really sloppy, but I didn't notice that back then.

When it comes down to it, the manga had very little content per chapter, which of course made things rather difficult for the anime when they'd have to stretch out basically 12 pages of people exchanging punches into a 20 minute episode when the content really didn't lend itself to much more than five minutes at best... and how ever people managed to actually stay invested in the story when it was being given to them in such ridiculously small portions in the manga back when Toriyama was still writing it, I'll never understand. Heck, one of the things that contributed to me eventually giving up on Bleach (I mean, before it became completely apparent that Kubo was just making stuff up as he went along) was how for a good while, it would take me less than two minutes to read a single chapter. And having actually tried looking through the Dragon Ball manga, a lot of the chapters there are just as quick reads, if not even quicker... How exactly did Toriyama even manage to keep the interest of the children of Japan for over a decade?
Ha, is that why it would take them 5 episodes to install a light bulb? I never read the manga.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:39   Link #2177
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think that the general plot slowness and repetitiveness of DBZ, Pokemon, and Sailor Moon is a big part of the reason why these three shows went completely mainstream where I live in Canada. I know that's very counter-intuitive, but let me explain.

These three anime shows weren't exactly episodic (DBZ in particular wasn't), but they had that typical benefit of an episodic show in that you felt you could pick it up at any place without feeling lost.

As a high school friend of mine said back in the 90s, "The good thing about DBZ is that if you miss an episode or two of it, it's no big deal because you haven't missed much at all." (I know this sounds like an insult, but he meant it in terms of plot) This makes DBZ seem painfully slow for a committed fan of it, but it's actually a plus for more casual fans, making DBZ more accessible in some ways.

I don't think a show like DBZ would work in the modern, internet era though. It's pacing is as much a reflection of its time as it is of anything else.

Another thing with DBZ is that there will probably always be a market for big, burly guys getting into theatrical and BIG EXPLOSIONS! fights all the time.
Old 2013-02-08, 18:10   Link #2178
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
Very overrated imo.
Lol, yeah. I hate it.

I do love parodies of it though-it's such an easy show to make fun of.
Old 2013-02-09, 05:24   Link #2179
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Lol, yeah. I hate it.

I do love parodies of it though-it's such an easy show to make fun of.
It does a lot wrong, but I always thought of DBZ as intending to be a gratifying show to watch.

So Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse is drawing to a close on my end, and it can't end soon enough. Normally I do a great job of picking anime that I can enjoy watching, and for all my criticism I have to give I usually still find enjoyment in what I've seen.

Spoiler for Severe criticism within. A little bit of plot discussion.:

I've seen it mentioned that people want another season of this. Apparently a lot of people liked it.

My regret at this moment is that I have two episodes left.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:30   Link #2180
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Angel Beats though I didn't personally hate it. More like I wasn't its target audience or something like that. First of all I don't like its theme, rebelling against God. Yes its true it wasn't made for devout Christians but even from Atheistic point of view, it still silly.
Closed Thread