AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 06:45   Link #201
Wakan Tanka

Even though the art is childish it was refreshing...I won't expect anything serious from this show. Wars in the Dogverse are about points, no one dies or get hurt just depressed. By summoning just one man the Princess of Bis claimed that they gonna win this war.
Old 2011-04-03, 06:46   Link #202
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
Hm, so what possible outcome can we expect for next ep? Protagonist fails horribly, protagonist muddles along or protagonist flat out dominates?
I think he'll try to adapt first while acting a noob, but considering he's definitely athletic, experts with staffs, and the magical weapon he uses also a staff, he'll probably win afterwards against the generic cat soldiers. Dunno if the enemy suddenly decide to throw in the white-haired warrior princess though.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 06:57   Link #203
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I think he'll try to adapt first while acting a noob, but considering he's definitely athletic, experts with staffs, and the magical weapon he uses also a staff, he'll probably win afterwards against the generic cat soldiers. Dunno if the enemy suddenly decide to throw in the white-haired warrior princess though.
Hm, so the second episode ends with white-haired cat lady declaring her intent to win against him ( and add herself to his harem? )?
Old 2011-04-03, 07:05   Link #204
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, so the second episode ends with white-haired cat lady declaring her intent to win against him ( and add herself to his harem? )?
Wait until the his girlfriend in the Humanverse joins the harem.
Old 2011-04-03, 07:10   Link #205
Peanutbutter

What is this? Takeshi's Castle on crack?

The all-star cast pulled me in. Now to see whether my interest can last.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 07:47   Link #206
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I am completely okay with the direction this plot is going. At the very least, this will be different from TtT. Also, I enjoyed the first episode. It wasn't amazing, but it set up the premise of the series well enough.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 09:07   Link #207
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Expectation

Plot twist #1: Human girl becomes champion for the cats and ends up in a reverse harem situation. Sink and girl end up KiraArthruning each other for some time.

Plot twist #2: This entire war is a farce staged by some higher being, which was fine until another force comes and kills one of the characters (probably male unless Gen Urobochi was hiding somewhere). Sink gets to the bottom of it and puts an end to the farce.

Ending: The 'war' continues as a sport and everyone becomes Sink's harem.
Old 2011-04-03, 09:13   Link #208
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Expectation

Plot twist #1: Human girl becomes champion for the cats and ends up in a reverse harem situation. Sink and girl end up KiraArthruning each other for some time.

Plot twist #2: This entire war is a farce staged by some higher being, which was fine until another force comes and kills one of the characters (probably male unless Gen Urobochi was hiding somewhere). Sink gets to the bottom of it and puts an end to the farce.

Ending: The 'war' continues as a sport and everyone becomes Sink's harem.
Why not have both? It would be much epic that way.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 09:20   Link #209
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
W-Wait, how can you be sure she's a-

*flashback to the interview on Shinku's character... Zoom in on the part with Eclair...*

Hmmm... Good potential there

Oh and dibs on Brioche too. Because she's a Hikasa Kuudere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
btw, doesn't this look like...

...Caro and Erio ?
Wrong voice actors, but about time you started noticing how some of the characters seem to have been cloned from Nanoha. Like Subaru as a catgirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Why not have both? It would be much epic that way.
That is one after another. Having only 1 plot twist would be boring!

Also, Crack theory:

The higher being mentioned above is in fact the Belka royal family who use the familiars to decide trivial affairs, and by destroying the 'war' sets off a chain reaction that wrecks the home dimension of Ancient Belka. It shatters the empire and plunges the entire of Ordered Space into a long period of infighting. Olivie Seigbrecht, clone-daughter of Sink, unites much of the Old Empire but she gives her life for the sins of her father, allowing the TSAB to be born.

IE, everyone's wishes are granted LOL
Old 2011-04-03, 10:47   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Wrong voice actors, but about time you started noticing how some of the characters seem to have been cloned from Nanoha. Like Subaru as a catgirl.
Nono, I've noticed, but that picture was too obvious

I wonder... The native folks gets turned into body-less heads when they get KO-ed, possibly preventing death or at least serious injuries. But our dear Earth-representative Shinku doesn't have that niffty evolutionary trait We Earthlings are like Diablo on Hardcore mode, cut him and he'll bleed!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-04-03 at 11:08.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 10:50   Link #211
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Lolwut?!

Hmmm, well, somehow I didn't feel as trolled as others (I guess the promotional images had managed to give me a rather precise expectation this time)

I like this series for a the similar reason I like Infinite Stratos: it's honest. No pretense of an ultra-serious plot, or some claim of awesomeness by the director, or futile attempts at magitech or military flavors, all which will probably end up catastrophically considering past attempts. Besides, for my serious anime of the season there's already Appleseed - I'm following this one for the fun and games.

And I was mistaken - the "treat the hero with respect" and the "kind, gentle and in no way bitchdere summoner noble girl" parts were more similar with MAR than with ZnT (and thank the Maker for that, otherwise I'd drop this series for sure)

The "War" being Cats vs Dogs Takeshi Castle was completely surprising for me, that's for sure

...pity I like cats more...

PS: What the heck is Norio Wakamoto doing in this?

PPS: Yes, I too believe Leonmichelle is wearing a white g-string (or similar)
Old 2011-04-03, 11:01   Link #212
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
This anime blew my mind. The first thing that came up when they said war I was thinking people getting killed, etc. It's completely different, it's an athletic competition with them turning to their cat/dog form when they get hurt. It's something really different. It's the Dog nation vs the cat nation.

The character design looks like magical girl lyrical nanoha/a's.
Old 2011-04-03, 11:14   Link #213
Justin_Brett

Well that was...weird. Good kind of weird, though.

And I wouldn't worry, Tiresias - at least two characters so far have the potential to be the tsundere.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:23   Link #214
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well that was...weird. Good kind of weird, though.

And I wouldn't worry, Tiresias - at least two characters so far have the potential to be the tsundere.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't hate tsunderes (btw you're talking about Leonmichelle and the green haired, right?), I hate TSUNderes aka the one who bitches too much and had too few good points to the point only masochistic protagonists would stand them
Old 2011-04-03, 11:31   Link #215
Justin_Brett

Yeah, I actually like that Seven Arcs doesn't really use those (there is Teana, but she can't really hurt Subaru anyway, and even then only a few times), and focuses more on the dere side.

And yeah I did, although I could be wrong in the former's case.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:52   Link #216
Seihai
スマイリウム

Shinku is awesome. I wonder if he'll return to his own world from time to time, I like Becky also.
Old 2011-04-03, 11:55   Link #217
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Any similarities to Nanoha are perfectly logical: same director and same writer. Fortunately for me, it isn't too much like Nanoha. I enjoyed the first episode -- and I enjoyed Horie Yui as Millefiore, in particular. I also thought the slight artificiality in Miyano Mamoru's voice worked here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:02   Link #218
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Shinku is awesome. I wonder if he'll return to his own world from time to time, I like Becky also.
Sure he will, and his classmate will join the harem. the Princess of Biscotti might pay a visit to the real world and becomes a transfer student.
Old 2011-04-03, 12:02   Link #219
lightbringer
M9000

I don't mind the furries (but the chocobos should stay in FF-land), but this is way too fluffy and childish for my taste. At the same time, the combination of talented cast and "normal-guy-summoned-to-foreign-land-as-hero" pandering makes me want to keep watching. It can't be much worse than Zero no Tsukaima, anyway.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:13   Link #220
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
Sure he will, and his classmate will join the harem. the Princess of Biscotti might pay a visit to the real world and becomes a transfer student.
And than Leonmichelle will transfer in the episode after, oh wait we're spoiling the plot for season 2
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen