AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-29, 06:49   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, jaded cynical tall/dark/bishoujo character. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love that kind of thing. She doesn't want Madoka and Sayaka to be dragged into this, but there's little she can do at this point.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 09:58   Link #22
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

somebody had alrdy said this in another thread..L0L..

homura might be that cat with her in the 0P.. the black cat..XD srsly though, i think she is..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 10:08   Link #23
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Lol, that'd be pretty awesome.

Reminds me of the cat from sailor moon.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:36   Link #24
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Akemi continues to be my favorite character for this series.

At this point not much can derail her from that.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:09   Link #25
Seihai
スマイリウム

I wanna see Homura in a scene where she wears a baseball outfit + cappy, scoring a home run. And then, after she ran the round, she screams "HOMURAAAAAAN DESUUU!"
Old 2011-01-29, 22:14   Link #26
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, i don't like the idea of homura being evil. some people speculate that she is, but really i am a believer that homura-only-one-who-reaches-out to madoka at the ED quite implies that she truly cares about madoka,if that's any indication. Mah, or maybe it's just a troll..
Old 2011-01-30, 03:06   Link #27
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Homura is the character I'm most curious about, and favorite so far, so I look forward to the reveals of her secrets.
Old 2011-01-30, 05:18   Link #28
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
People are suggesting timewarp or so,ething similar I believe.

Me? No. Though I do suspect she is far older than she looks physically, perhaps in her 20s

I am suspecting that becoming a magical girl freezes the aging process. Reason?

1. Shes been at this for awhile.

3. That contract feels permanent and it is magical "girl".
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 05:52   Link #29
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I am suspecting that becoming a magical girl freezes the aging process. Reason?

1. Shes been at this for awhile.

3. That contract feels permanent and it is magical "girl".
hm..that's quite making sense.we also don't know when mami started as one but it looks like same as homura did or maybe more than her.

EDIT: oh derp,got it now,she'll remain as a young girl..it's quite literal.XD
Old 2011-01-31, 12:39   Link #30
Spinell

I think Homura doesn't feel affectionate towards Madoka, more conflicted and guilty. Because she might be willing to let her, at the least, be killed by witches instead of helping her.
Homura knows that Madoka is a kind and nice girl and possibly insane powerful. Somehow Homura is convinced that Madoka will end up as a witch (see beginning of episode one) and is trying to dissuade her from getting in contact with that part of the world.
First try was to prevent QB from getting in contact with her and would have been the best choice because Madoka just can't help but meddle. If she continues to do so, she would sooner or later cave in and make a contract (due to the danger to meddle with witches without any powers) and possibly make a bad wish or break under the demands of the job and, whatever is possible, become a witch.
So Homuras choices now are to let her die or kill her herself. My impression from the end of episode 4 is she is not pleased, maybe by Sayaka's choice, maybe not.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 10:25   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Homura is the veteran soldier. She has to fight, but most have no idea what she's fighting for. She is used to seeing people die, and she knows her duty is dirty work. Her professional attitude towards Mami's death contrasts with Madoka's.

As a soldier, people are going to hate and misunderstand her. Homura didn't shed any tears over Mami's death, so she could be seen as a very cold and uncaring person when that's not true at all. There is a reason why Homura said only other Puella Magi have a right to Mami's soul gem. Only other people who fight on the same battlefield as her would truly understand its value.

I believe SHAFT did an adequate job of characterizing Homura as the veteran soldier. She has her reasons for fighting, but because she knows the consequences, she's not going to become Uncle Sam and enthusiastically recruit other girls.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 17:13   Link #32
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinell View Post
I think Homura doesn't feel affectionate towards Madoka, more conflicted and guilty. Because she might be willing to let her, at the least, be killed by witches instead of helping her.
What?

She's come to save her every time and follows her everywhere.

When nobody else noticed Madoka being depressed in class, she did. She even went all the way to Mami's apartment to try to comfort her.

If you consider how practical Homura's approach to problems are (KILLING Kyuubey just to stop Madoka from making a contract) she would have killed Madoka a long time ago if she knows she's going to be a huge threat or simply let Charlotte kill her.

I think the biggest clues here are still in episode 1 during their first meeting. Every time you see Madoka talking about her name, she gets that incredibly painful expression on her face.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:04   Link #33
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
I think the biggest clues here are still in episode 1 during their first meeting. Every time you see Madoka talking about her name, she gets that incredibly painful expression on her face.
Maybe they switched places in some way ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:55   Link #34
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Maybe they switched places in some way ?
hmm..maybe.. but if so, why? that's the only way she could get madoka(that was originally homura) out of being involved? ah, tons of possibilities! DX i am frustrated!
Old 2011-02-04, 03:00   Link #35
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
So, so far we have learned that she has at least 4 abilities as a magical girl.

1.She can create barriers

2.She can teleport

3.She can fire somekind of laser projectile

4.She can create bombs

Judging by these abilities, I say it's obvious she was more suited to fight the witch in episode 3 than Mami.

I wonder what other abilities she has up her sleeve.

I'm beginning to wonder what the hell is Homura's abilities or power ... And how is it connected to her wish...

If we think about it Homura is really powerful... most of the Mahou shoujo we know have a single weapon and that's all. If the art is right, Homura has a bow... like Madoka which feeds epileptic theory about her and Madoka being the same person but, with the revelation of episode 5 about magical girls having powers connected to her wish. It could mean that whatever wish Madoka will make might be similar to whatever wish that Homura made in the past.

Then there is an observation posted by JDGBOLT that Homura might not be teleporting at all but manipulating time itself. It could mean that whatever wish Homura made has some sort of time travel component. It is possible that she is stopping time or slowing time just for a brief instant thus making it appear as if she is teleporting.

Evidence for Time manipulation as of Episode 5
Madoka's bubble burst as if someone passed through it and Homura's reflection in the bubble is seen passing through plus Homura's voice is heard for a moment. Then, time seems to resume a slow pace. This means that Homura moved really fast or she stopped time or slowed it, then moved to save Sayaka.

Evidence against Time manipulation and for Teleportation as of Episode 5
The placement of Sayaka and Kyoko at the final scene. Its subtle but if we look at it, Sayaka moved up a bit. Sayaka is supposed to be where Kyoko stabbed and far away from the water falling. But, when Homura came she is near the water and Kyoko is surprised meaning this happened in an instant.

Of course, both can do the same effect. In the Time manipulation power theory, Homura could just have manually moved Sayaka (highly unlikely). In the other theory for Teleportation, Homura can use her teleportation ability very well that she can speed herself up or sort of appear near Madoka but is so fast that she can't be seen except by a burst of bubble and use her teleportation ability to teleport Sayaka in a safe location when she appeared.

Beside this, it is also possible that Homura possess both ability at the same time. She can do Time manipulation and Teleportation or have some ability which allows both effect. But, I find this highly unlikely since it would mean that Homura is ridiculously overpowered. Come to think of it, with the apocalyptic dream or future or alternate dimension that Homura is fighting she would need it won't she? And note even if she possess both powers she is losing in the dream or whatever it is. Scary thought....

Oh, I think you missed one ability. Homura can fly. Judging from most MH we have seen this is an uncommon ability or unique to Homura since she's the only one we saw doing this.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2011-02-04 at 04:14.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 04:48   Link #36
venk
Agent of Chaos

Hmm... it could be both time manipulating and teleportation (LOL, i remembered minato from naruto)

but if homura possessed power to manipulating time, it should be very easy for her to kill kyubey in 1st episode.

stop/slow the time, put a bomb near kyubey, and bang

Last edited by venk; 2011-02-04 at 05:01.
venk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 06:30   Link #37
Arkeus

Homura's wish also seems to be linked to Madoka, given how Homura believes a MG can only fight for her wish, and Homura seems to only fight for Madoka.

My theories are either she comes from the future and want to help out Madoka, or she comes from the distant past and madoka is the reincarnation of someone she wished for.

In that case, she may predate Kyuubey.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 06:42   Link #38
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by venk View Post
Hmm... it could be both time manipulating and teleportation (LOL, i remembered minato from naruto)

but if homura possessed power to manipulating time, it should be very easy for her to kill kyubey in 1st episode.

stop/slow the time, put a bomb near kyubey, and bang
Yes, I agree that time manipulation would make it really easy for Homura to kill Kyubey but, so would teleportation her other ability which is kinda confirmed now.

Homura will just teleport and bomb Kyubey and teleport out. Which raised the question of why didn't Homura just did that!

In fact, seeing Kyubey is supposedly harmless any magical girl with enough grudge can kill him quickly at that. It could mean that Homura have another motive or Kyubey is not so harmless and very hard to kill.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 08:39   Link #39
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

maybe homura's teleportation and time manipulating abilities won't work against kyubey since it has to do with her wish. and the only power she has that can hurt him are the arrow-like beams(?) w/c aren't related to the wish..or she's simply really not trying to kill him? ah, just a speculation..XD
Old 2011-02-04, 09:18   Link #40
venk
Agent of Chaos

But really, having ability to manipulating time is little bit overpowered imo.

if there's no one who can't counter this ability, theoriticaly homura is invincible, like hiro on Heroes series.

just simply stop/slow the time, you can dominate every enemy easily

venk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters