AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-16, 23:47   Link #401
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

watched ep 1. hooked. amazing animation, and a retelling of a storyline i greatly enjoy. plus their school uniforms are very stylish. much better than your typical run of the mill stuff.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 13:01   Link #402
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Too many excuses saying "It's cause it's Clamp." I still have no idea what I'm watching. There has been zero character development and zero character establishment. The whole clumsy Saya switch to demon slaying Saya doesn't impact in any way. It's neither creepy nor cool. It's literally two different characters. I could be watching two different animes spliced together.

Elder Bairyns or whatever.. what's with the insignificant monster of the week fights? Not like these creatures post any threat to anyone! The stone mantis statue thing was just taking a bath in the moon light... and then some girl with a sword wakes him up. The flower monster was just chillin on the rock and Saya comes up and bothers him. Nothing's at stake. The episode ends with Saya saying "Protect," but in the past 2 episodes has shown nothing that needs protecting.

It's like this anime is trying to satisfy two different groups of fans at the same time: People who just like all the highschool fluffy mystery good lookin shounen, cute girls in uniforms, etc.. and then the ones that just wanna see fight scenes.... but they might as well just make two separate animes. Each bit offers no weight, no consequences, no emotion attachment of any kind.

I'm still waiting for this to all be a dream or a mental brain f*** dimension of some sort.

This anime just offers no weight like previous Code Geass, Tsubasa, or even Chobits. No content. Nothing that makes us fans care about anyone. It's a mindless anime. There are intentionally mindless anime that I enjoy. There are just fighting anime I can enjoy. Or i can go watch a highschool daily life anime. Why slap my favorite Blood logo on something that it is not? Are the twins suppose to turn me on in some way? Do girls just wanna gush over that mysterious Tokizane?

Clamp fans get to see their characters have bento
Girls can watch their bishounen
Shounen can watch their action sequence of "kill monster of the day"
We Blood fans just try to last through each episode hoping for some redeeming quality as this is still a Blood production..hoping this Kisaragi family secret is all mind blowing awesome or else i'm going to commit seppuku

I'm going to have to find that old Blood Last Vampire DVD and wash this bad taste from my mouth.
Old 2011-07-17, 13:11   Link #403
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I haven't watched any of the previous Blood anime or even know what they're about but I overall enjoyed Episode 1. The whole happy school life scene really felt forced and I'm not 100% sure if was entirely intentional or not (though I did like the twins), but I did enjoy the fight scene at the end though. Episode 2 was basically more of the same except just more hinting at the darker undercurrents of the school life. As for the character designs, can't say I like the massive legs...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 15:27   Link #404
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
What I don't get is why she doesn't have a completely different outfit every episode.
Oh no... please no more Tomoyos!!!!!!!....
Old 2011-07-17, 15:46   Link #405
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Haha But its needed to take out the bland clothing being instantly fixed.
Old 2011-07-17, 16:32   Link #406
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Haha But its needed to take out the bland clothing being instantly fixed.
It happens that she has like a mountain of spare school uniforms. BTW, like the twins said, in the town there is only one store of each thing. So probably the only clothes store is really bad so they wear the school uniform

ah... i forget another thing:

NO MORE MOKONAS!!!
Old 2011-07-17, 20:12   Link #407
Newhope

Finally got around to watching the frist 2 episodes while it's pretty good, although I'am disappointed I was hoping for a return of the hard case type Saya from the movie but instead we ended up with another shatter-brained moe character.

Last edited by Newhope; 2011-07-17 at 20:39.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 20:38   Link #408
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

^ If you have seen the PV videos, then you could tell that she was scatter-brained the first moment you laid eyes on her moe side
Old 2011-07-17, 20:53   Link #409
Fran~
floating away...

Looking at those pigtails and her glasses... we couldn't expect anything else. Saya is faaaaaar from being like the original Saya, which i think it's a good thing, to avoid silly comparisons. In fact i said that if this series it was related to the original i wouldn't watch it.
Old 2011-07-17, 20:55   Link #410
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
^ If you have seen the PV videos, then you could tell that she was scatter-brained the first moment you laid eyes on her moe side
I never watch PV's I mostly judge weather or not a series is worth watching by it's frist few episodes, so far it looks good just disappointed we don't get to see the hard no nonsense Saya from the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Looking at those pigtails and her glasses... we couldn't expect anything else. Saya is faaaaaar from being like the original Saya, which i think it's a good thing, to avoid silly comparisons. In fact i said that if this series it was related to the original i wouldn't watch it.
I'd far prefer a more dark Saya than the ones from blood+ and so far this series she'd be a far more interesting character than a moe character that's all to common in anime ATM.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 21:20   Link #411
Fran~
floating away...

Yeah, but Clamp's heroines are Moe. I know that not everybody is happy with this moe-fashion, but if you are going to watch some show from Clamp, you can't expect something different.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:44   Link #412
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, you get what you get apparently. So moe Saya with some action Saya is what you'll be expecting to get throughout the entire series.
Old 2011-07-17, 23:35   Link #413
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, she hasn't been developed yet, so we have no idea how she'll turn out. i'm watching this wondering, "which one of these characters will die to trigger the 'i am completely badass flag'"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 00:23   Link #414
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, she hasn't been developed yet, so we have no idea how she'll turn out. i'm watching this wondering, "which one of these characters will die to trigger the 'i am completely badass flag'"
I know, right? Fujiwara Keiji is voicing the father, but everyone expects his character to die and Saya's convinced the sun rises and sets with him so I wonder whether he'll make it through just because obvious setup is so obvious.
Old 2011-07-18, 00:48   Link #415
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am more interested in song that saya sings every morning, need to find the full version of that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:40   Link #416
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
I know, right? Fujiwara Keiji is voicing the father, but everyone expects his character to die and Saya's convinced the sun rises and sets with him so I wonder whether he'll make it through just because obvious setup is so obvious.
There's always been a theme I've noticed with the Blood series. Saya must suffer. This little bubble gum world is being set up so we'll see it collapse piece by piece or all at once depending on which would break Saya more. The story they're trying to tell will determine how long we'll be seeing this white picket fence life, there are already seeds planted.
Old 2011-07-18, 04:58   Link #417
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Too many excuses saying "It's cause it's Clamp." I still have no idea what I'm watching. There has been zero character development and zero character establishment. The whole clumsy Saya switch to demon slaying Saya doesn't impact in any way. It's neither creepy nor cool. It's literally two different characters. I could be watching two different animes spliced together.

Elder Bairyns or whatever.. what's with the insignificant monster of the week fights? Not like these creatures post any threat to anyone! The stone mantis statue thing was just taking a bath in the moon light... and then some girl with a sword wakes him up. The flower monster was just chillin on the rock and Saya comes up and bothers him. Nothing's at stake. The episode ends with Saya saying "Protect," but in the past 2 episodes has shown nothing that needs protecting.

It's like this anime is trying to satisfy two different groups of fans at the same time: People who just like all the highschool fluffy mystery good lookin shounen, cute girls in uniforms, etc.. and then the ones that just wanna see fight scenes.... but they might as well just make two separate animes. Each bit offers no weight, no consequences, no emotion attachment of any kind.
I agree with this. I never got into Blood+ because it didn't really feel like "Blood", which had more of a Vampire Hunter D feeling. Although I watched a few middle episodes of it and found certain ones entertaining, the general premise just didn't click with me, as it was just too complicated for me to care about. I'll give this 2 more episodes at most to entice me to keep watching, because right now, it's absolutely boring me =0<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As for the character designs, can't say I like the massive legs...
Generally I don't like CLAMP designs either, but they're a bit better than xxxHolic at least. And I actually like tall girls(well, IRL), so tall+nice(big?) chest+long hair greatly appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am more interested in song that saya sings every morning, need to find the full version of that
Actually, I think its really stupid, yet I found myself singing it at work today =0\. They certainly are making use of Nana's voice. Advertising for a single perhaps?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 05:37   Link #418
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
NO MORE TOMOYOs!!!!!!!....
Quote:
NO MORE MOKONAS!!!
NO MORE KEROS!!

I sense a pattern here...

I'm fine as long as CLAMP keeps their dimension-crossing in their skirts...
Old 2011-07-18, 08:46   Link #419
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The song changes everytime she sing it because every day she experiences different things, like the laundry and her father telling her something different.

But having Nana Mizuki is a shame that we couldn't hear her awesome singing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
There's always been a theme I've noticed with the Blood series. Saya must suffer. This little bubble gum world is being set up so we'll see it collapse piece by piece or all at once depending on which would break Saya more. The story they're trying to tell will determine how long we'll be seeing this white picket fence life, there are already seeds planted.
That's why i posted before that it's pointless to compare both Saya. Besides, this Saya (from Blood-C) isn't exactly in a bubble, Clamp manages to create the same atmosphere of CCS where Sakura was a Genki girl despite her mom is dead. Furthermore, here Saya deals with the elder bairns everynight, risking her life and her school uniform , i don't see the same situation from in Blood+, that Saya lives her life normally until the truth is told.
Old 2011-07-18, 11:14   Link #420
klare

after watching eps 2, i feel this show can be divided into 2 parts:

1) Saya and her daily life in the morning

2) Saya and her night mission of slaying demons

feels like 2 different productions and 2 completely different Saya, not sure this format will continue or not... oh at least we know her uniform can be torn but her glasses are unbreakable, so far

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.