AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 02:07   Link #101
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's where the difference between ability and jutsu matter.
What Kamui does isn't necessarily the same technique as Tobi's jutsu but both can be based on the same subjacent mechanism. The MS ability would simply be to open an access to this pocket universe (or something along this line) and through this, many different jutsu could be made including Kamui, teleportation and phasing.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 02:18   Link #102
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i don't think there really is any pattern to MS techniques among the different users we've seen aside from both eyes being able to potentially summon susano'o.
There's obviously some degree of similarity between the eyes (besides Susano'o), and what I've mentioned is an easily observable pattern between the only known sets of eyes. Of course, this is a sample size of two, so any assumptions can and will be tossed aside with relative ease (though I do have to question why Kishimoto has decided to add more and more techniques to the MS).

Quote:
there are subtle differences though, like tobi not being able to use it at a distance like kakashi can. at least he's never demonstrated that ability. he always needs to be touching people or things in order to suck them into the other dimension. kakashi has arguably the better technique in that case since he doesn't have to put his body in harm's way in order to do it. but of course tobi's phasing ability or self-dimensional traveling is far more advanced than what kakashi can do
Interesting observation. I've always attested that Kamui is simply a stripped down version of whatever Tobi was doing (maybe the same basic dimensional ability, but a different opening), but your observation could be correct and it is distance that plays a role in the respective eyes.

Whatever the case may be, I certainly hope Kishimoto provides some semblance of it in the upcoming chapter. I may not care who Tobi is any longer, but the mystery has been needlessly extended well past my point of patience (not that I necessarily wanted a whole Tuxedo Mask style presentation (though, now that I think about it, Obito would be a Tuxedo Mask style presentation )). Part II has worn out its welcome (though, I am a little sad that there will not be a Part III)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 02:28   Link #103
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(though I do have to question why Kishimoto has decided to add more and more techniques to the MS).
Wouldn't it be stranger for a kaleidoscope to hold only a couple of patterns?
Old 2012-08-10, 02:51   Link #104
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Wouldn't it be stranger for a kaleidoscope to hold only a couple of patterns?
No...but it sure would be more bearable and interesting at time .
Old 2012-08-10, 11:09   Link #105
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I'd rather have a lot more MS abilities each and every one of them different from user to user and forget about things like Izanami and Izanagi -or at least make them personal MS power as well.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:11   Link #106
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

So if Tobis jutsu does not have a distance component, how was he able to cancel kakashis attempt to decapitate the mazo?
Old 2012-08-10, 12:45   Link #107
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'd rather have a lot more MS abilities each and every one of them different from user to user and forget about things like Izanami and Izanagi -or at least make them personal MS power as well.
me too. I really dont like the izanagi and izanami techniques. I'd much rather that izanagi was a personal technique of danzo's that didn't require sharingans, but rather a very high level genjutsu and preferably didnt alter reality. as it stands, danzo just didnt seem powerful enough without the sharingans to be the leader of root. all he had was a fairly powerful summoning with a huge weakness and some high level sealing techniques. his ninjutsu and taijustu were high level but nothing spectacular. a genjutsu mastery would make more sense for his character. then we wouldn't have had to suffer through the nonsense sharingan techniques that can alter reality and whatnot. it also makes story-sense that danzo would have a 'reality-altering' technique since he couldn't bear his own weakness and desired for things to be different when sarutobi was chosen as hokage instead of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
So if Tobis jutsu does not have a distance component, how was he able to cancel kakashis attempt to decapitate the mazo?
I was thinking about that too, but whatever Tobi did to counter it must be different or else it makes no sense why he hasn't used a long range kamui technique before. when he fought fuu and torune he seemed to have no choice but to sacrifice his arm to the poison nano-beetles. and when he fought minato he had to get right behind him and touch his shoulder, which gave minato the slight opening he needed to escape the vortex
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:46   Link #108
mahbod

i really dont understand this "OBITOS EYE THEORY" we are clearly shown evidence of obitos incident and his whole RIGHT side was COMPLETELY CRUSHED including eye. like look at the size of the rock that hit him....., gave kakashi his other eye and then more rocks piled on top so i really dont understand how this eye could survive all that when he him self said it was crushed
mahbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 17:36   Link #109
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbod View Post
i really dont understand this "OBITOS EYE THEORY" we are clearly shown evidence of obitos incident and his whole RIGHT side was COMPLETELY CRUSHED including eye. like look at the size of the rock that hit him....., gave kakashi his other eye and then more rocks piled on top so i really dont understand how this eye could survive all that when he him self said it was crushed

I think its really just a lack of other Uchiha alternatives introduced in the story. Doesn't help that the author himself is teasing us with the idea of Tobi being Obito (the reference to Kakashi's past). I'm sticking with Izuna.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:44   Link #110
mahbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I think its really just a lack of other Uchiha alternatives introduced in the story. Doesn't help that the author himself is teasing us with the idea of Tobi being Obito (the reference to Kakashi's past). I'm sticking with Izuna.
not possible if tobi = obito he would be same age as kakashi and shown in the kyuubi raid on kohnoa were u see gai and kakashi and teen ages u see madara fully grown there for obito being same age as kakashi.
Old 2012-08-10, 19:58   Link #111
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
We haven't seen the extent of the damage done to his body by the rock that fell on him so it's a little hasty to claim the eye was crushed don't you think?
I'm not among the Tobito believers myself (or at least I think there is obviously more to Tobi than a mere Obito) but I believe it's quite evident at this point that he has Obito's eye. And why not? He has scores of Sharingan at his disposal.
I don't find it that hard to believe that he had Zetsu on duty to keep an eye out for Uchiha's corpses for decades in order to collect as many Sharingan as possible and that one of them was Obito's.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:00   Link #112
mahbod

Quote:
We haven't seen the extent of the damage done to his body by the rock that fell on him so it's a little hasty to claim the eye was crushed don't you think?
I'm not among the Tobito believers myself (or at least I think there is obviously more to Tobi than a mere Obito) but I believe it's quite evident at this point that he has Obito's eye. And why not? He has scores of Sharingan at his disposal.
I don't find it that hard to believe that he had Zetsu on duty to keep an eye out for Uchiha's corpses for decades in order to collect as many Sharingan as possible and that one of them was Obito's.
well from what it looked like the anime... and what he said it was crushed then dont forget the whole cave fell on top, .. he said it was crushed no feeling means all shit is doomed, if a rock fell on u that big u live? and if the other eye was in tact he woulda given both to kakashi, im just going by actual solid evidence thats provided no speculation, and tobi being obito no way weve seen to many different time skips of tobi, and hes a full grown man compared to what obito would be as shown in kyuubi raid, so yeah im a evidence man i dont like to speculate how ever, its possible they may be related and that technique is unique to obitos blood line as susske itachi MS(ems) are unique and how shisue was unique too but more plausible :d based of given evidence, on that note from memory we dont see madara (edo tense) use genjutsu or amaterasu , we are told that each eye has a specific technique , and each eye can alter that technique and once both can be used susanoo is born, so its seems the susanoo is generic among uchiha , how ever the ms (ems) abilities are unique

oh and we was not shown the extend of his dmg body b.c its anime its pg or G isnt it? it cant show anything gorey etc, so its explained in words e:g hidan beheading was a shadow etc

also in the flash backs we are shown of madara/kyuubi/first fight u we see the same weapons, as tobi is using now how ever if he really was madara why hide the face.if weve seen madaras face whats the point of wearing the mask apart from drawing/focusing your eyes to sharingan? other then to hide his face, obviously hes not, also when madara was resurrected from edo tensei in the war, he refered to tobi as "him" when questioned implying that he knows him, implying that they had some sort of relationship/plan which was also mention ( possible teach student tobi being teacheR in the shadows, just like itachi states in susuke itachi fight, my teacher/mentor uchiha madara referring to tobi so thats why i believe its plausible ) how ever im just speculating here

Last edited by mahbod; 2012-08-10 at 22:28.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:30   Link #113
james0246

Quote:
To be fair, we never really see the true damage to dying characters. Its almost always just blood coming from their mouth or other simple visual representaions.

Thats not to say I disagree with you...
Old 2012-08-10, 21:44   Link #114
mahbod

Quote:
To be fair, we never really see the true damage to dying characters. Its almost always just blood coming from their mouth or other simple visual representaions.

Thats not to say I disagree with you...
its because its G/pg rated i believe so it has to show simple visualization or audio explanations as u stated within legal g/pg guidlines or w.e

any one comment on above discussions opinions ty

ty for fixing post , u beat me to it james/hunter lol soz no sleep for 2 days :P was supposed to edit ahaha , f5 spammers :P
Old 2012-08-11, 01:31   Link #115
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

In the manga, there are views in which u can see that obitos head is not crushed. While I agree that we do not see the true damage of dying characters, I tend to believe that since obito had purposeful discussion (requesting his eye be removed, demanding they live him behind), and thoughts of regret, that he had an intact brain and likely 2 intact eyes before he "died"
Old 2012-08-11, 01:48   Link #116
itachi-san314

Quote:
its because its G/pg rated i believe so it has to show simple visualization or audio explanations as u stated within legal g/pg guidlines or w.e
I don't know about that. remember the hidan vs asuma fight? a lot more psychotic torture and injury happened there than a mere bunch of boulders falling on someone and crushing them. We also watched Hidan's face get pummeled with rocks when he lost to Shikamaru.

Quote:
what? Jiraiya had an arm severed and was pierced with many weapons. Zabuza the same. Asuma was tortured to death...

The fact is that we did not see Obito's eye crushed. He was buried under rocks, but the extent of his damage is unknown. Even if Tobi is not Obito in any way, Kishi purposely left Obito's damage unknown so that we could at least entertain the thought of Tobi being him at least in part. If we did see Obito completely crushed as mahbod incorrectly states, then nobody would be arguing obito theory because it would be impossible
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 05:57   Link #117
mahbod

Quote:
I don't know about that. remember the hidan vs asuma fight? a lot more psychotic torture and injury happened there than a mere bunch of boulders falling on someone and crushing them. We also watched Hidan's face get pummeled with rocks when he lost to Shikamaru.

what? Jiraiya had an arm severed and was pierced with many weapons. Zabuza the same. Asuma was tortured to death...

The fact is that we did not see Obito's eye crushed. He was buried under rocks, but the extent of his damage is unknown. Even if Tobi is not Obito in any way, Kishi purposely left Obito's damage unknown so that we could at least entertain the thought of Tobi being him at least in part. If we did see Obito completely crushed as mahbod incorrectly states, then nobody would be arguing obito theory because it would be impossible

incorrectly states? lol? check your sources ,
http://www.endless-naruto.com/Kakashi-Gaiden.html

Kakashi bandages his eye and he and Obito approach a cave to save the weakening Rin from the Kakko, the remaining Iwagakure ninja. Using their skills, they strike Kakko and save Rin. However, the battle had weakened the cave and, in a last ditch effort to destroy the young shinobi, Kakko uses Earth Release: Rock Lodging Destruction, causing the cave to crumble in upon itself. With rocks falling in around the Konoha ninja, Obito throws Kakashi out of the way of a falling rock trapping himself instead, crushing the entire right side of his body. Mortally wounded and knowing his life is over, Obito tells Rin to remove his remaining eye and offer it - along with the Sharingan - to Kakashi as a belated present and final gift to Kakashi for being promoted to Jonin. Obito tells Kakashi he is a great ninja and that he can become Kakashi's eye and help them all live on. A short time passes and Kakashi emerges from the rubble a holder of the

in here and various websites/manga it stats his right side of his body is completely crushed in that context referring to his eye also other wise somthing would of been said öh i can see out of my right eye break this rock and take it too...
Old 2012-08-11, 06:02   Link #118
yakumo-chan

Quote:
incorrectly states? lol? check your sources ,
http://www.endless-naruto.com/Kakashi-Gaiden.html

Kakashi bandages his eye and he and Obito approach a cave to save the weakening Rin from the Kakko, the remaining Iwagakure ninja. Using their skills, they strike Kakko and save Rin. However, the battle had weakened the cave and, in a last ditch effort to destroy the young shinobi, Kakko uses Earth Release: Rock Lodging Destruction, causing the cave to crumble in upon itself. With rocks falling in around the Konoha ninja, Obito throws Kakashi out of the way of a falling rock trapping himself instead, crushing the entire right side of his body. Mortally wounded and knowing his life is over, Obito tells Rin to remove his remaining eye and offer it - along with the Sharingan - to Kakashi as a belated present and final gift to Kakashi for being promoted to Jonin. Obito tells Kakashi he is a great ninja and that he can become Kakashi's eye and help them all live on. A short time passes and Kakashi emerges from the rubble a holder of the

in here and various websites/manga it stats his right side of his body is completely crushed in that context referring to his eye also other wise somthing would of been said öh i can see out of my right eye break this rock and take it too...
BUt Kishimoto did not created that website

Everything you see in the website is not 100% fact, only the Author of the manga can say that.
Crushed or not crushed, Only Kishimoto Knows....

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-08-11 at 06:14.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 06:37   Link #119
mahbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
BUt Kishimoto did not created that website

Everything you see in the website is not 100% fact, only the Author of the manga can say that.
Crushed or not crushed, Only Kishimoto Knows....

every manga/anime say the same thing that was just a summary of the manga/anime since i cannot post direct links to any manga anime website and in the images you can clearly see the boulder covers his right side of his head, neways what do you think about the other ideas i mentioned above

also since naruto has come out, every nite i watch a few episode starting frm begging to end, out of love for naruto in general, but also to repetition just incase something clicks then i repeat every nite since naruto has come out lol, i watch episodes to analyses etc , so please infuture before you say i incorrectly stated without providing evidence/sources i am offended , obito said there is on feeling at all in his right side of body what that means its Completely dead , the boulder is covering his eye aka Crushed, how ever if that was true, he would be instantly dead and not be able to talk so obviously his head/brain intact but in the context its mentioned it implies all right side body is gone is the head part of the body?( possible translation errors) due to impossible direct jap> english translations but now that i think about it that dont make sense if his right side of his head would be crushed instant death so that actually may be possibility that the eye is alive, but then the after math of the cave would end it all see them landing on his face instantly deforming it etc (anime) so unless kishi pulls somthing out of his ass i doubt it, but madara collects sharingans and has been around long time it also could be a very plausible idea that madara had taken obitos blood relatives eyes

http://img.mangahit.com/manga/0916/033341/13.jpg manga chapter were the incident happened in the image u can see the rock placement and around his left eye there is severe dmg(blood pouring from his "crushed"eye and none on his right eye , but this translation stats almost" thats debatable of translations

second link after math

http://img.mangahit.com/manga/0916/033342/09.jpg

Last edited by mahbod; 2012-08-11 at 06:57.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:58   Link #120
mahbod

Quote:

mmmm perhaps, would have to look into Japanese law g/pg guidelines it maybe different and the types of gores have limits

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion