AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 13:01   Link #7241
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The shoulder area is not too far from the brain and still somewhat close to their spines, maybe Carter managed to find a spot where such sensor could be fooled. Altough i think the theory about the tracking devices could make sense, having the bombs going off inside their bodies give the Grendels an advantage in the grand scheme of things because they're now free from Vandin's surveillance and they are the joke villains of the season understimated by pretty much everyone. A key intervention from them is totally unexpected xD

Go Carter xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:58   Link #7242
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, Carter and the Grendels are head and shoulders above the other eclipse infectees?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:16   Link #7243
Justin_Brett

Hey, you can't make a joke in Force without having blood next to it, that's against the rules.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:46   Link #7244
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I am not convince about the shoulder area. Maybe Carter move it out of his brain and get bored before he could take them out of their bodies and decide to leave it like that, he did mention the bomb was on his head so maybe he just forget about it. Besides if the bomb can tell when they are about to talk then how it can't tell it’s on their shoulders? Typical of Mid-Childan made parts they never work when you need them to.

Bu Aki is right, the Grendel are now free to do something, maybe they do have a plan. I have to say that will be a really surprise twist.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:32   Link #7245
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

I read the chapter and i feel it was explained properly.Read it before arguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I am not convince about the shoulder area. Maybe Carter move it out of his brain and get bored before he could take them out of their bodies and decide to leave it like that, he did mention the bomb was on his head so maybe he just forget about it. Besides if the bomb can tell when they are about to talk then how it can't tell it’s on their shoulders? Typical of Mid-Childan made parts they never work when you need them to.

Bu Aki is right, the Grendel are now free to do something, maybe they do have a plan. I have to say that will be a really surprise twist.
It's not the shoulder but the neck.The bomb detects the distance from the head so the neck is the limit of movable range.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:04   Link #7246
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, they do have the bombs on the shoulder. At least the blood is on their shoulders and they grab their shoulders or rather their trapezius if you want to be exact which area I am talking about in general. They don't touch their necks and the blood is not even there so how the bomb could be there.

Last edited by Sansker; 2013-02-12 at 22:13.
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 18:13   Link #7247
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hey guys, new chapter out in english! Something tells me they'll be coming out faster from now on

So lol. The first comment vaugely related to romance in a long time was spoken by Cypha
Old 2013-02-21, 18:16   Link #7248
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hey guys, new chapter out in english! Something tells me they'll be coming out faster from now on

So lol. The first comment vaugely related to romance in a long time was spoken by Cypha
What?

She proclaim her never-ending love for Signum or something?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 18:18   Link #7249
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
No, she told Thoma and Erio to man up or they can't protect their women.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:27   Link #7250
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

That chapter is a lot sillier than I remember it
Old 2013-02-21, 18:32   Link #7251
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Still wondering what the idea behind the design of TotallyNot!Vivio is.

I mean, I like Vivio, and seeing a badass version running around is kinda fun, but, what the heck?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 18:36   Link #7252
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Still wondering what the idea behind the design of TotallyNot!Vivio is.

I mean, I like Vivio, and seeing a badass version running around is kinda fun, but, what the heck?
Obviously she's an alternate universe mirror clone future version of Vivio who's come back in time to stop herself from doing something stupid that will lead to the universe being destroyed.

Or she's just like Not!Vita and looks similar.

Old 2013-02-21, 18:37   Link #7253
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well it might seem as a cheap trick to make people buy Force because it has... "not Vivio" on it. But maybe that is just a interesting design to... appeal other viewers while also making a subtle reference to the other manga.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:43   Link #7254
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC, not-Vivio's hair coloring is different from Vivio's, so I imagine that'll factor into it.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:45   Link #7255
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm wondering what exactly Signum is doing? Everyone has shown up to the party and she's just hanging out in the sky. Clearly this situation isn't worth her lifting a finger over .

Not exactly going smoothly here. Erio and company are getting smoked by a small town thug who's big goals include "king of this town" . Frankly I think it's back to training for Erio and Caro if they can't handle this situation...
Old 2013-02-21, 18:46   Link #7256
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well it might seem as a cheap trick to make people buy Force because it has... "not Vivio" on it. But maybe that is just a interesting design to... appeal other viewers while also making a subtle reference to the other manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Obviously she's an alternate universe mirror clone future version of Vivio who's come back in time to stop herself from doing something stupid that will lead to the universe being destroyed.

Or she's just like Not!Vita and looks similar.
It's as if the artist went "Damn, I really liked Kaiser Vivio. Those sharp eyes, that scowl. Too bad there's no chance of her returning. Olivie looks more like regular Vivio than Kaiser Vivio... Oh! I know! I'll just design a character just like her!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm wondering what exactly Signum is doing? Everyone has shown up to the party and she's just hanging out in the sky. Clearly this situation isn't worth her lifting a finger over .
Waiting for Cypha to show up so she can swoop from above and trap her. Like Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not exactly going smoothly here. Erio and company are getting smoked by a small town thug who's big goals include "king of this town" . Frankly I think it's back to training for Erio and Caro if they can't handle this situation...
To be fair, they were using clever tactics. Pretending that the sniper attacks were all one of loudmouths secret skills kept their attention on him and not looking for the actual shooter.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:50   Link #7257
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Waiting for Cypha to show up so she can swoop from above and trap her. Like Batman.
While yelling "It's a trap!" or "AN OPENING!" ?

Old 2013-02-21, 18:54   Link #7258
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
To be fair, they were using clever tactics. Pretending that the sniper attacks were all one of loudmouths secret skills kept their attention on him and not looking for the actual shooter.
Yes, clever but they should already know Karter isn't the one attacking if Signum can tell the number of Grendels that are in there. I mean she knows there is 4, she says it, and yet she doesn't told this information to the rest who should be able to still pick that up when you see a simple fact: Bullets make noise.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:57   Link #7259
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
No, she told Thoma and Erio to man up or they can't protect their women.
I thought that was a bit nice coming from her, then again they are trying to recruit Thoma...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 19:14   Link #7260
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yes, clever but they should already know Karter isn't the one attacking if Signum can tell the number of Grendels that are in there. I mean she knows there is 4, she says it, and yet she doesn't told this information to the rest who should be able to still pick that up when you see a simple fact: Bullets make noise.
There's a difference between "we know there's four people somewhere out here" and "We know there's four people here, here, here and there." They only know that four people will attack because of Cypha, they have no idea where they are.

Also, bullets may make noise, but given enough range and surrounding noise it's not always as easy to make out. Case in point here: No sound effects at Erio and Thoma's location. They can't hear the bullets.

Tags
manga, nanoha force