AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you read the Monster manga?
Yes, I've read it all. 48 55.81%
Nope, I want the Monster anime to be my first Monster experience. 18 20.93%
I'm in the process of reading it. 16 18.60%
Other 4 4.65%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-25, 01:13   Link #1
Spooky-Electric

Have you read the Monster manga?

Personally I read the next two chapters, and then watch those two chapters animated. I do that weekly, to keep it fresh in my mind and experience them both as I go along.
Old 2004-05-25, 01:56   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yes I have...ever since the first volume was first released in 1995.
Old 2004-05-25, 02:49   Link #3
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Read the entire 18 volumes. Now going through Kinnokuniya to look for them to purchase. I still find myself flicking through them. Marvelous read.
Old 2004-05-25, 11:14   Link #4
avmoghe

Watching the anime first, though its going to be a long wait. I prefer anime over manga.
Old 2004-05-25, 13:39   Link #5
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Yes, I've read all of the 18 volumes too. It's currently my 4th favorite manga ever
And I'm also reading other Urasawa manga: 20th Century Boys, Pluto, and Master Keaton (only 4 chapters of it were scanslated so far...)

Old 2004-05-25, 14:54   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I couldn't do that, reading 2 chapters and stopping. I was always so anxious to find out what happens next, and I could never stop when a volume ended on a cliffhanger. I ended up mass-reading the last 10 volumes from early in the evening until early the next morning. I don't particularly like doing that either, because then I rush through and things happen too fast so I don't recall events well. *sigh* That's just me and manga I guess. Same thing happened with Love Hina
Old 2004-05-25, 15:35   Link #7
Psyonara
Freelance Gif Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I couldn't do that, reading 2 chapters and stopping. I was always so anxious to find out what happens next, and I could never stop when a volume ended on a cliffhanger. I ended up mass-reading the last 10 volumes from early in the evening until early the next morning. I don't particularly like doing that either, because then I rush through and things happen too fast so I don't recall events well. *sigh* That's just me and manga I guess. Same thing happened with Love Hina
OMG! I do the same thing

except i finished all 18 vols...

I wish someone scanlated Another Monster.
Incredibly good story.
Old 2004-05-25, 15:48   Link #8
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyonara
OMG! I do the same thing

except i finished all 18 vols...

I wish someone scanlated Another Monster.
Incredibly good story.
Wait, do you mean there is another manga called "Another Monster" that you want someone to scanlate, or you are just expressing wishful thinking of 'another manga like Monster' to come along and be scanslated?
Old 2004-05-25, 15:55   Link #9
Psyonara
Freelance Gif Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Wait, do you mean there is another manga called "Another Monster" that you want someone to scanlate, or you are just expressing wishful thinking of 'another manga like Monster' to come along and be scanslated?
No. "Another Monster" goes in depth to the characters and explains some of the mysteries.

It's mentioned in the last volume.
Old 2004-05-25, 17:20   Link #10
stpehen
kisses for all

Another Monster is a novel, there's no point to "scanlating" it because there's nothing to scan aside from a few scenery photos and rough sketches. However, like I said in the afterword pages, I'll probably whip up some .txt files sooner or later (probably later, I have to revise the first few vols of the manga before that).
Old 2004-05-25, 18:20   Link #11
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

read it all. I bought every volume the day it got released over here. It's one of my most prized collections.
Old 2004-05-25, 18:46   Link #12
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Another Monster is a novel, there's no point to "scanlating" it because there's nothing to scan aside from a few scenery photos and rough sketches. However, like I said in the afterword pages, I'll probably whip up some .txt files sooner or later (probably later, I have to revise the first few vols of the manga before that).
I, for one, will be ever in your debt if/when you do the novel...

You did such a wonderful job on the manga, I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the novel either...
Old 2004-05-26, 11:31   Link #13
Hunter Nin.

Yep read it all, t'was fantastic. Really want to read another monster.
Old 2004-05-27, 02:16   Link #14
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Since I start with the anime, I'll keep seeing it and after that probably read the manga, but I doubt it, reading in a screen is so painful to me I've been reading alichino, and it has such a damn fantastic art, but always end up with a huge headache
Old 2004-05-27, 03:27   Link #15
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

For as much as I really really want to read it, I think the only way I'd ever want to appreciate the Monster Manga is to have the pages in my hand... Unless somehow this manga is magically released in the US in english, I don't think I'll ever read it

Probably the only manga I'll ever say that for too Much respect... Oh well, got 20th CB
Old 2004-05-27, 05:38   Link #16
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
For as much as I really really want to read it, I think the only way I'd ever want to appreciate the Monster Manga is to have the pages in my hand... Unless somehow this manga is magically released in the US in english, I don't think I'll ever read it
Do you know any other language beside English? There are French, German, Chinese (Singaporean) and Indonesian trans of Monster, if you know one of the languages and is willing to go through the hassles and pay import charges...

Yeah, um, I guess that doesn't help much
Old 2004-05-27, 07:56   Link #17
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Yes, I've read all of the 18 volumes too. It's currently my 4th favorite manga ever
And I'm also reading other Urasawa manga: 20th Century Boys, Pluto, and Master Keaton (only 4 chapters of it were scanslated so far...)

Pluto is great so far. 20th Century Boys is the greatest thing, EVER. May I also ask where are you getting your Master Keaton scans?

Thanks!
Old 2004-05-27, 12:20   Link #18
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Pluto is great so far. 20th Century Boys is the greatest thing, EVER. May I also ask where are you getting your Master Keaton scans?

Thanks!
Well, since the manga is not licensed (the anime is), I can safely tell you the manga is being scanslated by Manga Daisuki and Manga-section. Only 4 chapters were released so far. The manga is cool, even though it's not as half as good as Monster or 20th Century Boys. Well, the author is not Urasawa, after all (Urasawa only drew the manga)

You can get the 4 chapters in Manga-section
Old 2004-06-01, 20:44   Link #19
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Uhm... I have to change my vote.... I'm addicted and have the sore dry eyes to prove it....yes I'm currently reading the manga and highly recommend it

IT IS AWESOME
Old 2004-06-01, 22:24   Link #20
Renato_kun

Send a message via ICQ to Renato_kun Send a message via MSN to Renato_kun
I'm reading....it's wonderful....
Even when I've already read the chapter, when it's animated I go through all emotions again
Closed Thread