AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 02:25   Link #281
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll ask again... I've only seen/heard WESTERN fan reaction - of which a good number are never going to spend a dime on Haruhi or any other anime. What are the Japanese fans doing/saying? The ones with the wallets?
In my very humble opinion I highly doubt anyone is qualified to answer that very interestion question as of yet even if one is a very knowledgeble Japanese fan. We will probably able to reach some sort of conclusion once these episodes become available in some format in the unforseen future. We can also get certain ideas once any other future series, games, products, etc. produced by Kadokawa and KyoAni become available and how well those will be received by the fans of these two companies.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:32   Link #282
astrallionheart

Did you seriously think Endless Eight wasn't going to be eight episodes after the 3rd repetition?
Old 2009-07-31, 02:38   Link #283
Raiku-chi
ねんきもの ばか

I have to admit, by the 3rd repetition I was hooked in finding the differences lol.

Repeating for 8 episodes has it's merits after all =)

It probably hasn't been done before.
Suspense
erm....

But then, if Kyon-kun breaks the cycle, Nagato would probably be impressed :P
Old 2009-07-31, 02:38   Link #284
Peanutbutter

Koizumi sounds even more flippant than previous iterations. And Kyon is deliberately emphasising his lines more than ever.

And really, the internet will explode if Endless Eight still doesn't end next episode. *sigh*
Old 2009-07-31, 02:45   Link #285
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Have you purposely left out the reactions of people like me who are still liking it and are having fun? Seriously, more Haruhi is better than no Haruhi.

But you sure didn't forget to post about it. Interesting.
Y'know, I've been thinking about that - all the folks who have no opinion of the ep because the didn't watch it and feel compelled to tell us that - pretty much a status ploy, I figure.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the music in this one and the cafe deja vu scene.
Old 2009-07-31, 03:50   Link #286
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post

There is still a ton of humor among them like yesterday one of the youtube comments like something like:
The viewer's depair.
The viewer's sigh
The viewer's boredom
Kadokawa's rampage
The viewer's unrest

>Reply to above
The viewer's disappearance.

Lol this part is really funny.
Old 2009-07-31, 03:56   Link #287
Phych

Old 2009-07-31, 04:16   Link #288
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

I still watch these episodes with enthusiasm :3

For those of you who refuse to watch Endless Eight, I bring you the ENDLESS EIGHT FANSERVICE COMPILATION, which consists of only the most tantalizing parts of each Episode. (only 3:51).
Whipped together in a few hours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYBgzY0hu4
Old 2009-07-31, 04:19   Link #289
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
If you havn't noticed yet no matter how good an anime is there are a group of people who like to complain. They think they are critics. Even if they watch a show/episode that they like instead of discussing the positive merits of the show they talk about what they didn't like.

Even if the shows were good those same type of people would still complain. And just because critics tend to be the most vocal doesn't mean that everyone doesn't like it.

The arc isn't even over yet so who knows the ending may very well be good. Even if they have the best ending ever instead of people praising the show they will complain.

It's just MHO, all rights reserved, batteries not included.
I don't think you can compare Endless Eight to anything else that came before it. It's not so much that there are a dedicated cadre of complainers, it's that Kyoani and Kadokawa have created an abomination the like of which Man has never seen before. Furthermore, if Endless Eight sinks the series, which I do think is a very real possibility, it will deny people the continuation of something they like.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:21   Link #290
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
I don't think you can compare Endless Eight to anything else that came before it. It's not so much that there are a dedicated cadre of complainers, it's that Kyoani and Kadokawa have created an abomination the like of which Man has never seen before. Furthermore, if Endless Eight sinks the series, which I do think is a very real possibility, it will deny people the continuation of something they like.
I don't think the response will be that severe, though it is creating a fair amount of unrest. Just think about how quickly people will dl Episode 10/be eager to watch it.
I think they're geniuses.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:26   Link #291
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by resoLv777 View Post
I think they're assholes.

(This is proof that truth is subjective, as our opinions differ.)

The objective truth can only be reached through a consensus of the majority. When enough people believe, it becomes truth.

We'll see when E8 is over and the worst story in the original novels begins.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:35   Link #292
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think they're assholes.

(This is proof that truth is subjective, as our opinions differ.)
Aahhhh... but "geniuses" and "assholes" are not mutually exclusive. It's quite possible to be both - perhaps both you and resoLv777 are seeing but one side of the objective truth... I go back to my previous hope that KyoAni and/or Kadokawa are ran by pure evil genius' that are deliberately trying to kill this anime... and are quite efficient at doing so.

In complete seriousness, though, I tend to agree with you.

I'm going to watch this episode later today, and try to demonstrate to those who actually support this crap that us "haters" who apparently aren't "level headed" can play the minutia game as well. In my mind, actually enjoying endless repetition (tiny little differences don't overcome the overarching plot similarity) isn't exactly a sign of being level headed, but to each their own...

Still doesn't mean that I'm going to vote this any higher than a 5, though - and it only gets that high if the artwork/animation quality simply blows me out of my seat and the dialogue has changed substantially. Chances are I'll be voting this an 1 or a 2 after I watch this episode.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:47   Link #293
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Anybody else feel mocked at the Yukata scene?
Old 2009-07-31, 04:48   Link #294
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I don't think the response will be that severe, though it is creating a fair amount of unrest. Just think about how quickly people will dl Episode 10/be eager to watch it.
How many people dl E8 episodes is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how many of the fans will be willing to drive over to the store and buy the DVD. Creating drama is hilarious, but it only really matters if it can make some money.

Kyoani would certainly not turn out to be geniuses if it people aren't as willing to buy 10-12 episodes as easily as they were to download them.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:56   Link #295
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

I'm going to assume that Kyoani will throw something in to make the DVDs palatable... coming plain would only appeal to the MOST HARDCORE of the hardcore fanbase.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:58   Link #296
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I'm going to assume that Kyoani will throw something in to make the DVDs palatable... coming plain would only appeal to the MOST HARDCORE of the hardcore fanbase.
Given their current track record of what I can only describe as incredibly poor business decisions, I doubt they'll even try.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:59   Link #297
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If Endless Eight ends up lasting more than eight episodes I'm going to point and laugh at my dog because I really can't point and laugh at other people as it would be rude scary and obnoxious to do so and blah blah blah blah.............
Old 2009-07-31, 05:06   Link #298
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Anybody else feel mocked at the Yukata scene?
I don't see what's wrong about it, in comparison to all the others...
(My vid contains all of them)
Old 2009-07-31, 05:16   Link #299
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
I don't see what's wrong about it, in comparison to all the others...
(My vid contains all of them)
Behind Itsuki, and Kyon.
Old 2009-07-31, 05:16   Link #300
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Your bassically gonna have to get a product that the majority of malcontent fans would be willing to purchase for it's own value and tack on the E8 episodes to it.
Closed Thread