AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-11, 13:42   Link #461
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron Gendum View Post
hahahaha.

All I can say is: Watch more TV. Sunrise's HiME / GSD dealio with having the most popular character basically take over the show and flawlessly destroy the remaining cast is actually the exception to the rule. A mid-series recast generally has the exact opposite effect, causing ratings to bomb because you're essentially going out of the way to alienate the existing fanbase.

Actually... the My-HiME anime's really immature perception with equating stalker-rapist complexes to actual romantic relationships is pretty disgusting and another one its game-breaking faults.

Because, you know, Mima in Perfect Blue totally should have put out for her insane stalker fanboy. Nevermind the fact that the way he wanted Mima was clearly not healthy, and pay no heed to the whole "Mima developing strength as an independent character and overcoming her conflicts to tell a fulfilling story" thing.
Good point!
Old 2010-02-11, 14:20   Link #462
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTeddy View Post
Were you watching the same anime I watched? They didn't explain anything about his background or "dark past", nor Reito's background or Shiho's. So by your way of thinking if they all did it by themselves then Shiho has murderous intent because she killed Tate and Takemi, Natsuki must be extremely stupid for forgiving a so-called rapist and having her around, same with Nao for bumping someone off a moving motorcycle and attempting to poke out her eye. You seem to know everything, Highman. But I don't buy it.
Before I talk about Ishigami, I think certainly it's obvious that for Natsuki's sake on caring Shizuru, to the fact that in Natsuki state of mind, she maybe think that so called raped by her now girlfriend, now officially. But in my case, Natsuki was afraid of Shizuru behavior and I really blamed on the fat guy teacher "Kaiji Sakomizu" for putting all of this on Natsuki shoulder than do something about it. But he was close with Saeko Kuga as scientists in District One. But no he just let it all slide and let this Carnival continue for years and years to come, but he knows it was all a lie and the government played a role.

But back to what I'm saying about Natsuki fiasco, Natsuki should have continued her battle with District One and fought the Carnival. But she dropped the ball, because Natsuki revenge made Shizuru goes berserk doing her war with District One for her lover. When the end of HiME Carnival, Natsuki kissed Shizuru for no reason instead fighting her destiny and tried to talk with Shizuru about her actions. (just an hug.) All I'm saying that Natsuki jumped the gun with Shizuru, now she's in the wraps of the snake and she doesn't know what her true feelings is instead loving everybody she sees. Thats why I have problem with Shizuru and Natsuki, they don't know what their true feelings are to both of them.

Now with Ishigami, it's in fact that Ishigami has hatred in his nature, no matter how he hasn't changed. It seems that Ishigami was more smart that District One, since Nagi figured what he was doing. Already I see in his fox eyes, that he had something in his past burning in him even though he kept going to see Yukariko in church. But already he joined District One so he could get the power that his people were talking about and try to get his revenge on the real people who have done him wrong and his scarred past. When he figured that was all a lie, he was pissed and yet the he wanted Yukariko to fight but she couldn't.

Ishigami was not an jerk, he had anger all his heart and wanted to fight and avenge those that took it away his life of happiness. The same for Natsuki, who is now Shizuru leash on her.

If you don't buy all of this, that's fine but that my two cents.

Last edited by Highman; 2010-02-11 at 14:46.
Old 2010-02-11, 14:24   Link #463
Highman

Quote:
Natsuki gets blamed for it? What? In the anime Shizuru was blamed for it, lol. Actually after the Carnival she does be more open but you can let her like pull a whole 180 and be open to love like Shizuru's love, that would be ooc. And as for Sasuke, she was eluding to going on a trip during the final ep...that was before her teacher blamed her for missing all those classes. (And that is Natsuki's own fault, it had nothing to do with "crazy broad" Shizuru. :P)
No you got all wrong, Natsuki actions made what Shizuru became like Natsuki, If you want the one person to blame all of this, It's Kaiji Sakomizu, he's the one that blame on part of this.

Last edited by Highman; 2010-02-11 at 14:45.
Old 2010-02-11, 17:24   Link #464
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
[...]Natsuki kissed Shizuru for no reason [...] Thats why I have problem with Shizuru and Natsuki, they don't know what their true feelings are to both of them.
I think this point of view completely ignores actual anime canon ^^

Natsuki kissed Shizuru, and then she told her a very important thing: Her true feelings. Natsuki couldnt have the same feelings (past tense!), followed by "I do love you." I don't know how this can be misunderstand?

This also stopped Shizuru, giving Natsuki a very good reason to do it this way. Shizuru's true feelings were wide in the open at this time and caused all this drama in the first place, so... Their feelings and motivations are clear.
Old 2010-02-11, 20:38   Link #465
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Before I talk about Ishigami, I think certainly it's obvious that for Natsuki's sake on caring Shizuru, to the fact that in Natsuki state of mind, she maybe think that so called raped by her now girlfriend, now officially.
Maybe you should re-read what you just typed, because I couldn't coherently understand what you are meaning. I recommend:
http://www.whitesmoke.com/grammar-checker

QUOTE=Highman;2910601] But in my case, Natsuki was afraid of Shizuru behavior[/QUOTE] No, it's just her character, both of their characters. Natsuki acts "tough, but inside she's a prude and a softy. Shizuru is aggressive, not necessarily violent but when Shizuru does advance on her (and I mean the littlest, most innocent non-threatening actions) Natsuki would over react, but this was played for humor in the show. If as a scenario Natsuki would grow a backbone like Sasuke, then most fans wouldn't enjoy her character as much. [/QUOTE]
Quote:
and I really blamed on the fat guy teacher "Kaiji Sakomizu" for putting all of this on Natsuki shoulder than do something about it.
Why exactly? Sure I assume losing her mother and fighting District One would most definitely put a weight on her shoulders but it was Sakomizu's fault. After all, He was a double agent, that was an informant to Kuga and a father figure to her. So you expect him to take down the District by himself? Doesn't work that way. You can't bring down an entire organization if you don't know the whole goings on, the "ins and out" inside it. Besides you are assuming too much that may or may not be true. In the OFFICIAL novel "Natsuki's Prelude " It mentions nothing about how it's his fault, putting the burden on Natsuki and any of it indicating Shizuru at all. If anything, it was Natsuki's burdan on herself for rebelling against District One (I'm not saying it's Natsuki's fault at all obviously, just arguing how you say it's fault. It's not. )

QUOTE=Highman;2910601] Sakomizu's But he was close with Saeko Kuga as scientists in District One. But no he just let it all slide and let this Carnival continue for years and years to come, but he knows it was all a lie and the government played a role. [/QUOTE]
Have you read Natsuki's Prelude, the two animation books and the two adapted novels? I think you should re-read them, or, better yet, rewatch Hime. The point is not alot of it was explained, it was explained in Natsuki's Prelude that Sakomizu and Saeko Kuga were working at the District One, NOWHERE did it say that Sakomizu "let it slide." Maybe since they were serving the much powerful Obsidian Prince that any sense of opposing him would involve death (which it was in S Kuga's case....but that's a big unofficial assumption! READ: ASSUMPTION.)

Quote:
But back to what I'm saying about Natsuki fiasco, Natsuki should have continued her battle with District One and fought the Carnival. But she dropped the ball, because Natsuki revenge made Shizuru goes berserk doing her war with District One for her lover. When the end of HiME Carnival, Natsuki kissed Shizuru for no reason instead fighting her destiny and tried to talk with Shizuru about her actions. (just an hug.) All I'm saying that Natsuki jumped the gun with Shizuru, now she's in the wraps of the snake and she doesn't know what her true feelings is instead loving everybody she sees. Thats why I have problem with Shizuru and Natsuki, they don't know what their true feelings are to both of them.
OMG Atleast try to explain it coherently! There's a reason why she kissed Shizuru...to get her to STOP Fighting. I thought that was hit-you-on-the-head obvious. She doesn't feel the same feelings as Shiz has fo her, which is in a sense human, a character can't start off growing up with years and years of hatred and revenge against the people that killed a parent, not trusting anyone to make a complete 365 degree turn to accept people and love romantically. It would be totally forced and way too fast, as it would indeed take her years to be that character (open to love, i mean) The final episode her character is starting change. If for example she was still the way she was from beginning( Not trusting of people, cold, somewhat violent) It would be boring and one dimensional. This is not character development. The Natsuki we meet in the beginning changes to the Natsuki we are left with at the end (is trustworthy, is warm, is not at that point to accept Shizuru's love but there's enough of truth in the Animation Books that she will some day in her own way. And I'm not gonna bother debate about your Ishigami paragraph, because you're just assuming things again. And plus ya missed the point, why bother explaining it to you again?

Quote:
Ishigami was not an jerk, he had anger all his heart and wanted to fight and avenge those that took it away his life of happiness. The same for Natsuki, who is now Shizuru leash on her.
Never in my post did I say he was a jerk, It was an example of the Obsidian Prince manipulating him. And Reito too. Shiho, Shizuru and Nao. Natsuki won't let her be manipulated obviously because her emotions are so detached. But I mean, who cares? maybe Natsuki likes that she is "whipped." Not that it's a bad thing, in a way it allows her to open her feelings more (having someone else to be cared for) If you don't believe me, watch the specials.

Quote:
If you don't buy all of this, that's fine but that my two cents.
I don't buy that you're constantly just assuming this and stating them as fact, no. I could care less about your assumptions but feel free to continue this discussion. If not, good.

Last edited by SpookyTeddy; 2010-02-11 at 21:10.
Old 2010-02-11, 20:41   Link #466
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
And that's the reason Natsuki is Shizuru's bitch and it's like Boa constrictor has the grip of an mice. Natsuki is that, she does what she truly wants at the end.
If that's what you think you are seriously mistaken then. Again re-watch Hime, read the novels. You are twisting your assumptions into facts.
Old 2010-02-11, 21:03   Link #467
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
No you got all wrong, Natsuki actions made what Shizuru became like Natsuki, If you want the one person to blame all of this, It's Kaiji Sakomizu, he's the one that blame on part of this.
You're wrong, and I'm tired of explaining this to you. And I'm tired of trying to make sense of your bad grammar and poor structural sentences. Not to say I'm the best at them, I know, but yours are the worst I've seen thus far, and I've seen a lot... to the point the other users can't understand you or won't reply to you. No offense, it's the truth. In my previous post I provided a link (I don't know if it'll work, I just Googled.) so that will help.
Old 2010-02-11, 21:29   Link #468
Highman

Quote:
If that's what you think you are seriously mistaken then. Again re-watch Hime, read the novels. You are twisting your assumptions into facts.
Seriously on everything I have read the novels, manga and anime alot of times. For the anime, it's clear to me that Natsuki didn't used common sense and even though she wanted to love Shizuru, but we don't for what is right for her, it state these two will find happiness, but what kind of happiness they will lead to? What kind of love they have for each other that's the one thing I care about.

Another thing Sakomizu had all these chances he had to avenged his friend, but no he didn't have the muster or the plan to stop District One and I believe that still all a lie the Carnival and everything. OL was not powerful, he was never powerful from the beginning but OL was an smart but never ever powerful. He screwed those people because Nagi was just deity doing his thing and wreck shit up. District One was created by the government not by OL.

You know what, you think that it was just an one man job, OL and his cronies but I know that their someone pulling all this strings and it doesn't matter to you, but to me it is.

Already If I'm not assuming things, I throwing my speculation you do not know what speculation is? Don't you?
Old 2010-02-11, 21:34   Link #469
Highman

Quote:
You're wrong, and I'm tired of explaining this to you. And I'm tired of trying to make sense of your bad grammar and poor structural sentences. Not to say I'm the best at them, I know, but yours are the worst I've seen thus far, and I've seen a lot... to the point the other users can't understand you or won't reply to you. No offense, it's the truth. In my previous post I provided a link (I don't know if it'll work, I just Googled.) so that will help.
Well since you said it nicely, maybe I'm rushing myself on my grammar too much and yeah I'll referred to it. I need to be easy on myself anyway.
Old 2010-02-12, 00:15   Link #470
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Seriously on everything I have read the novels, manga and anime alot of times. For the anime, it's clear to me that Natsuki didn't used common sense and even though she wanted to love Shizuru, but we don't for what is right for her, it state these two will find happiness, but what kind of happiness they will lead to? What kind of love they have for each other that's the one thing I care about.
Err if you care about it why do you not like the pairing? What makes you think that just because you think Shizuru has a leash on Natsuki she's not free? Because she's afraid of Shizuru?

Quote:
OL was not powerful, he was never powerful from the beginning but OL was an smart but never ever powerful. He screwed those people because Nagi was just deity doing his thing and wreck shit up. District One was created by the government not by OL.
So? We serve the Queen in this day and age, but she's not powerful. BUT PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK SHE`S IMPORTANT. You're nitpicking.

[QUOTE=Highman;2911208]You know what, you think that it was just an one man job, OL and his cronies but I know that their someone pulling all this strings and it doesn't matter to you, but to me it is. /QUOTE] Nope, I`m trying to tell you that it isn`t just a one man job. You seem to blame that Sakomizu for not doing anything to stop the Carnival. Seriously, do you think Sakomizu`s gonna come into the District One building with guns blazing and destroy everything? Because it's Not a one man job like you readily think it is.

Quote:
Already If I'm not assuming things, I throwing my speculation you do not know what speculation is? Don't you?
Oh I do know what speculation is but you apparently don`t. When I say this:

"I think/assume/In my opinion that Shizuru has Natsuki on a short leash. I also believe that perhaps she's mentally unstable due to the Carnival Arc, and here's why I think so:

It's not hostile or arrogant, or assumptive.
but this:

"Sad but true, but it's still the fact Shizuru has a leash on Natsuki and she's mentally unstable, even Natsuki knows it. "
Is. See the difference?

Quote:
Well since you said it nicely, maybe I'm rushing myself on my grammar too much and yeah I'll referred to it. I need to be easy on myself anyway.
Uh....lol...I actually just pointed it out, suggested it and nothing more. It's just common sense since we're on a forum. I wasn't even hostile about it, just stating my opinion as well as the facts, though if I am proved wrong then I don't have a big angry fuss over it, I just say "You're right, I'm wrong, moving on..." Whereas you seem to be pretty hostile throughout this discussion, so chill out, seriously. And if you didn't even stop to think you have a grammar/sentence problem, you do.

Last edited by SpookyTeddy; 2010-02-12 at 00:48.
Old 2010-02-12, 00:41   Link #471
Highman

[QUOTE=SpookyTeddy;2911401]Err if you care about it why do you not like the pairing? What makes you think that just because you think Shizuru has a leash on Natsuki she's not free? Because she's afraid of Shizuru?

So? We serve the Queen in this day and age, but she's not powerful. BUT PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK SHE`S IMPORTANT. You're nitpicking.

Quote:
You know what, you think that it was just an one man job, OL and his cronies but I know that their someone pulling all this strings and it doesn't matter to you, but to me it is. /QUOTE] Nope, I`m trying to tell you that it isn`t just a one man job. You seem to blame that Sakomizu for not doing anything to stop the Carnival. Seriously, do you think Sakomizu`s gonna come into the District One building with guns blazing and destroy everything? Because it's Not a one man job like you readily think it is.

Oh I do know what speculation is but you apparently don`t. When I say this:
"
I think/assume/In my opinion that Shizuru has Natsuki on a short leash. I also believe that perhaps she's mentally unstable due to the Carnival Arc, and here's why I think so: " It's not hostile or arrogant, or assumptive.
but this:
"Sad but true, but it's still the fact Shizuru has a leash on Natsuki and she's mentally unstable, even Natsuki knows it. "
It is.

Uh....lol...I actually just pointed it out and suggested it and nothing more. It's just common sense since we're on a forum. I wasn't even hostile about it, just stating my opinion as well as the facts, though if I am proved wrong then I don't have a big angry fuss over it, I just say "You're right, I'm wrong, moving on..." Whereas you seem to be pretty hostile and rather ignorant throughout this discussion, so chill out, seriously. You're not the best Hime fan out there, believe me. And if you didn't even stop to think you have a grammar/sentence problem, you do.
Well you seem to be the smartass on all of this and to the fact that this discussion is was overly ran over and I got myself too far and I apologized on my grammar. But seriously you may have won the battle but you haven't won the war, kid. You have the nerve calling me not the best HiME fan out there, apparently you full of crap to question my fanism of HiME. I'm not crazy for HiME, I just love how the story and world is all about that is much.

Speculations are just speculations, nothing too serious about it, I still think Carnival was just lie to my opinion, that is all and for Shizuru and Natsuki life, you think that Natsuki on what she could do then yes. Shizuru has the leash for Natsuki and it's killing her and her lover. Yes, she was stupid that Natsuki jumped the gun to Shizuru, she should have killed her when was raped. (If it's true) So my point is Natsuki should ditched Shizuru no matter what and she should have punched Sakomizu in the face as well for not saving her mother or stopping this from the controlling government and District One.
Old 2010-02-12, 01:03   Link #472
SpookyTeddy

[QUOTE=Highman;2911424]
Quote:
Err if you care about it why do you not like the pairing? What makes you think that just because you think Shizuru has a leash on Natsuki she's not free? Because she's afraid of Shizuru?

Well you seem to be the smartass on all of this and to the fact that this discussion is was overly ran over and I got myself too far and I apologized on my grammar. But seriously you may have won the battle but you haven't won the war, kid. You have the nerve calling me not the best HiME fan out there, apparently you full of crap to question my fanism of HiME. I'm not crazy for HiME, I just love how the story and world is all about that is much.

Speculations are just speculations, nothing too serious about it, I still think Carnival was just lie to my opinion, that is all and for Shizuru and Natsuki life, you think that Natsuki on what she could do then yes. Shizuru has the leash for Natsuki and it's killing her and her lover. Yes, she was stupid that Natsuki jumped the gun to Shizuru, she should have killed her when was raped. (If it's true) So my point is Natsuki should ditched Shizuru no matter what and she should have punched Sakomizu in the face as well for not saving her mother or stopping this from the controlling government and District One.
Well you haven't apologized for the grammar in the previous posts, but regardless, I've just proved my point about speculations: they are just ideas without proof. all I was doing was to get you to back up/show proof for your speculations. *shrugs*
Old 2010-02-12, 01:11   Link #473
Highman

[QUOTE=SpookyTeddy;2911446]
Quote:

Well you haven't apologized for the grammar in the previous posts, but regardless, I've just proved my point about speculations: they are just ideas without proof. all I was doing was to get you to back up/show proof for your speculations. *shrugs*
I won't apologize for my grammar, but speculations is speculation and I really want to see how I'm right when the original sequel comes out and you're gonna turned your head sideways to think that I was better than you, kid. So enjoy your victory, I will win the war.
Old 2010-02-12, 09:54   Link #474
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

@Highman: Well your grammar is a little goofy at times, so you might wanna proof-read your posts at least once before sending them "into war" But i can understand your arguments most of the time.

Its just... you have few arguments to begin with. You have a certain idea about the HiME Universe and another idea about a possible "second season", thats clear and okay. But you show the bothersome attitude to present your ideas as facts.

Combined with your freestyle grammer, that makes your posts look like "i dont care what you all think". This is not acceptable on a social platform like this. So... you really want to stop calling this a "war". We are not at war here, we are discussing future projects of HiME and (slightly offtopic) also looking back to what we know of the HiME Universe.

So, lets stick to "what we know".
Old 2010-02-12, 12:48   Link #475
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
@Highman: Well your grammar is a little goofy at times, so you might wanna proof-read your posts at least once before sending them "into war" But i can understand your arguments most of the time.

Its just... you have few arguments to begin with. You have a certain idea about the HiME Universe and another idea about a possible "second season", thats clear and okay. But you show the bothersome attitude to present your ideas as facts.

Combined with your freestyle grammer, that makes your posts look like "i dont care what you all think". This is not acceptable on a social platform like this. So... you really want to stop calling this a "war". We are not at war here, we are discussing future projects of HiME and (slightly offtopic) also looking back to what we know of the HiME Universe.

Yep! Agreed! Anyway can't wait for EXA to be translated! I know, it might turn out to be meh (wasn't a fan of the Mai Hime manga, though there were some good parts there) but I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by SpookyTeddy; 2010-02-12 at 13:23.
Old 2010-02-12, 17:31   Link #476
Same_Shark

Quote:
Yep! Agreed! Anyway can't wait for EXA to be translated! I know, it might turn out to be meh (wasn't a fan of the Mai Hime manga, though there were some good parts there) but I'll give it a shot.
With the HiME and Otome manga, I just try to convince myself that they didn't exist. I'm all for some of the sexual things being apart of the Japanese, but recently Japanese writers and artists have been getting entirely out of control.
Old 2010-02-13, 01:21   Link #477
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
With the HiME and Otome manga, I just try to convince myself that they didn't exist. I'm all for some of the sexual things being apart of the Japanese, but recently Japanese writers and artists have been getting entirely out of control.
yeah! I haven't even gotten around to read the Otome manga yet. I've heard that it's worse than the Hime manga.
Old 2010-02-13, 07:59   Link #478
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I found the Mai-Hime manga to be far superior to the anime, because it doesn't force the plot by having characters go insane just to have fights, and also love and rape are not treated as the same thing.
Old 2010-02-13, 09:47   Link #479
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I found the Mai-Hime manga to be far superior to the anime, because [...] and also love and rape are not treated as the same thing.
If in doubt, guilty. What a well refined view we have.
Old 2010-02-13, 12:42   Link #480
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

.................................................. ...........Well yeah, no problem, it's just conversation like these get's the best out of me though. I have my own view and I'll keep it that way. Let's all be peaceful in these times.