AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 18:56   Link #981
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Hey guys, I've the 3M Paint Masking Tape...and it doesn't adhere very well. Where do you guys get that yellow one?

Well, I found this one too...
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 20:41   Link #982
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

The yellow one I use is Tamiya's stuff. They have varying thickness as well, which is quite useful depending on what has to be masked.

I like the 3M stuff though since it peels away nicely and being so low tack, it doesn't pull the paint with it.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 23:47   Link #983
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

I guess I'm not smudging it down hard enough. When I spray, it occassionally get's under it... Figured maybe the Tamiya tape would be a little better?
Old 2006-04-17, 01:40   Link #984
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Hrrm, I haven't had any "leakage" under the blue tape. I do like the Tamiya stuff though as well. Like I said, it comes in multiple sizes, compared to the 3M blue stuff, which I can only seem to find in wider rolls. I have used a mix of the Tamiya and 3M with the Tamiya sometimes making up the outer edge of the masked surface,, which you could try, but I have done it strictly with 3M and not had any trouble.

I guess just try and make sure you have a good smooth seal along the outer edge and make sure the paint coat is well cured first.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 07:25   Link #985
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
YOSHa!!

Sword Calamity 01 attacks
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...0/SCAL01FL.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...0/SCAL01AS.jpg

... next project : Eliji's refined mobile JINN
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 10:10   Link #986
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

I think you have alot of red paint drops all over it.
Old 2006-04-17, 11:04   Link #987
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
I think you have alot of red paint drops all over it.
That's sakura ...

Rena (sakura burst) have these things everytime she appears in Manga or PS2 scenes
Old 2006-04-17, 15:37   Link #988
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
as you heard, I'm new at models again (meaning i will be buying my first real model ^^; and i looked at those 6 dollar models, and well they looked like crap -.-
so i am asking;
is : http://www.tisinc99.com/gun11gungpmg.html
a good model to start with?
and is that a good price for a model of that quality?
i just cant buy that 6 dollar crap -.-
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 15:43   Link #989
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I would say that something like this would be better for a beginner - not that any Gundam kit is actually hard to build, but this one is cheaper while still being big enough to be easy to paint. It seems all SEED 1/100's are on sale at that site for 24.95, so get the one you like.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 15:46   Link #990
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I would say that something like this would be better for a beginner - not that any Gundam kit is actually hard to build, but this one is cheaper while still being big enough to be easy to paint. It seems all SEED 1/100's are on sale at that site for 24.95, so get the one you like.
i dont like seed though
i grew up with msg and gw, and ggundam
i've never seen seed, and i dont want to get something i've never seen and dont know anything about. for me gundam models is an experiance i can only have with familiartiy
Old 2006-04-17, 15:52   Link #991
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
i dont like seed though
i grew up with msg and gw, and ggundam
i've never seen seed, and i dont want to get something i've never seen and dont know anything about. for me gundam models is an experiance i can only have with familiartiy
You should watch SEED, it's quite good.

They do have the Force Impulse and Sword Impulse Gundams in, and they are pretty much updated RX-78-2's.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 15:56   Link #992
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
as you heard, I'm new at models again (meaning i will be buying my first real model ^^; and i looked at those 6 dollar models, and well they looked like crap -.-
so i am asking;
is : http://www.tisinc99.com/gun11gungpmg.html
a good model to start with?
and is that a good price for a model of that quality?
i just cant buy that 6 dollar crap -.-
buy the one you like plus the crapy or any SD where you should try basics at least on them
Old 2006-04-17, 16:40   Link #993
GameraBaenre

I would recommend you buy what ever kit you like to work on. It doesn't matter if you are just starting out or have been building for a while. If you get a crappy kit or cheap kit that you do not care for, what kind of a finished job do you think you'll get? Can you really put your hard work on a kit that you don't care for when there are other kits that you would much rather work on?

There's no such thing as screwing up. It's plastic. ANYTHING can be fixed. I've redone kits that I built years ago. I've rebuilt the same kit three times already. I've also built several of the same kit in different themes.

Bottom line, buy what you want, build what you want. So long as you build, you'll improve. And your interests will increase since you are working on something you like, as opposed to something you do not like.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 16:46   Link #994
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

ok but is that a good price for a phylassis 1/100?
Old 2006-04-17, 17:03   Link #995
GameraBaenre

It's decent pricing. If I was shopping on line I would by from either of these two places: www.best1hobby.com or www.gundamstoreandmore.com

Tinsic99 is a poor online sales company. The owner is a bastard. I buy only from their brick and morter shop because of good prices. But in the online community, they have ALOT of complaints.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 17:11   Link #996
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I also never had problems wit HOAoutlet.com and imageanime.com
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 19:09   Link #997
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre

There's no such thing as screwing up. It's plastic. ANYTHING can be fixed. I've redone kits that I built years ago. I've rebuilt the same kit three times already. I've also built several of the same kit in different themes.

Bottom line, buy what you want, build what you want. So long as you build, you'll improve. And your interests will increase since you are working on something you like, as opposed to something you do not like.
very very good advise

p.s. GameraBaenre, you wouldn't mind if I steal some of your wording here for future use, would you?
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:28   Link #998
infested_ysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
I have considered getting one of the two these for my 1/144's (and teh second one will support 1/100's as well, something they didn't previously mention):

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMB-02
Don't get this.

It doesn't fit properly on most 1/144 kits, though it perfectly fits the 1/144 Wild Falken kit I have.

The platform thingy that supports the lower crotch isn't wide enough for most of my 1/144 kits, unless they're thin, like the 1/144 08th MS team ver. Zaku-II. Though some newer HGUC/HG kits might have no problems with it, at all, because they have a small polycap hole under it, which is used to fit in some stands Bandai give for some kits, which the Kotobukiya stand also has a ball jointed peg for.

Recently completed the Wild Wurger:

No paints though, except for the emerald green paint for the eyes and the Stag crusher sensor (Kotobukiya kits never come with stickers, the eyes comes prepainted if it's binocular visioned, like the Huckebein series, Alt Eisen, for GM-like eyes, like the Wurger and R-Gun, you're expected to paint them) and some panel lines.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:38   Link #999
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

^ Did you paint those?
Old 2006-04-18, 20:43   Link #1000
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
^ Did you paint those?
^ Did you read that?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy