AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-01-13, 00:32   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Fan Manga - Need Artists and misc help

Hi all. Hey, sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys about the fan manga we were starting but for the past 2 months I've been hammered to the wall and our only surviving artist is currently swamped with school (or at least that's my understanding) so he's not been able to do much yet. Of course as I mentioned before our other line artist had to bow out due to other commitments, so we're back to square one, aside from the 3 wonderful people who posted in my last thread about finding out who was in the group and who wasn't because we lost the old list.

If you guys want to jump in, here's what we're going to want first.

1 storyboarder (your job is to convert the script to a simple storyboard for the line artists)
1 Script writer/converter (I kick *** at writing novels, but couldn't write a script to save my butt)
4 line artists. (yes 4. That way we've got the work more spread out and we don't overload anyone. Plus if anyone gets sick or something else happens, we got others who can pick up for them.)

That's all we'll need right now. If you guys want to join in, here's the basic outlay of charecters and what you'll be drawing.

Animals, people, trees, rock and terrain formations, some minor mecha stuff (near the beginning of the book and near the very end, but overall not much in total) and military hardware. We'll only need 1 CG'er, but I've already got that and all the other posts covered right now. All we're lacking is the list of people I gave above. If you want to join in, please let me know. You can either post here or PM me.

If you want to email me, just send an email to "manga@raiden.net" as I'll be using that email to keep track of all of our efforts with this manga. Many thanks all.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 00:04   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Just bumping this again. I take it nobody else is interested in helping out with this manga? I know plenty were interested to start with, but it seems odd that all the interest has dried up now.
Old 2004-01-15, 02:11   Link #3
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

hmmmmm....could i get a sample of the style of the manga plz??? as in the characters and stuff
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 10:02   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

That's just it. We are starting from ground zero right now. We had everything rolling and was about to do our charecter designs when schedules and who knows what else collided. So we're still at the beginning getting started with the drawing. If you want to read the story that the manga will be based off of, go here:

Click me

That should give you a good idea of the charecters and how the whole manga will run.
Old 2004-01-15, 21:23   Link #5
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

wow...dont you think its gonna be hard to put it into manga format...Try reading it over while imagining in manga form...its kinda hard lol

and i mean style as in Ken Akumatsu's Love hine style or....The Initial D style....bAh, do you understand me?
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 22:50   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yup. I understand you. That's why I want to see if someone can at least try to do the script and the storyboard. Cause those two alone will tell us how hard this will be to pull off. I know it will be hard, but it can't be all THAT hard. I've seen far more complex stories put into manga than the one I got.
Old 2004-01-19, 10:25   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Nobody is interested in doing line art for this manga anymore? Sheesh. We had so many people wanting to help before.