AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 07:44   Link #521
GundamZZ
残念美人

I think the whimsical personality gene runs in their family. It proves they are related.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 09:04   Link #522
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Go look at the end of volume 6, chapter 25. There's a color picture there of Kirie and Yuuko back to back. Sorry, red eyes in the manga have been confirmed for Kirie.
Yea, I just based it on chapter 33's color spread where she has blue eyes...must have been a mistake by the author.
I kinda like blue eyes better though...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 09:24   Link #523
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Episode 3 was good. We have more mystery and horror parts now. No major deviations for this part of the story as far as I can tell. The Paranormal Investigations Club gets a new member. Another demonstration of how Yuuko looks different to some people who encounter her. But this time, it's about her grandniece Kirie. And Teiichi's original vision of how Yuuko is, winning over Kirie's scary view.

I guess no one saw something when Kirie left the hallway after she ran away from Yuuko in the club room...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
i just thought of something they all could go to jail right now for having skeleton in the basement without telling anyone about it
lol, I never thought of it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-04-24, 09:36   Link #524
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Out of curiosity why wait longer? Unless you've read ahead with the manga I believe this is a good time to truly start watching it. IMHO at this point in the anime, it has already picked up the it's pace (and the manga's) and will continue to get better. All the main characters have been introduced and the basic premise about Yuuko's death has been laid out.
Yeah I'm reading the manga. I don't why I'm like this but maybe it's just that I don't like to feel hanged when watching that I need to wait another week for the next episode. That's why most of the anime I watched which I find it interesting or should I say pretty god, I wait for about episode 5 to 6 before I start watching or worst, I just wait patiently till it finished. And since I already knew the flow of the story, I really don't need to rush watching the anime.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:03   Link #525
king12354

Episode 3 wasn't scary at all but it did deliver on the spooky tone and atmosphere. Good episode and it's a nice deviation from the usual romantic comedy.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:32   Link #526
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
im pretty sure its a crime if not offence to harvest a (human) skeleton in an basement with out telling anyone about it
1) None of the members of said club harvested the body, it was already there.
2) Human skeletons are used since at least a century ago to routinely teach young surgeons the basics of human anatomy, in a sense they are merely objects that can be property of someone or some organizations (otherwise museums would have none).
3) Even if (by some time machine or magic) they WERE the culprits of collecting said corpse, there is a thing called an status of limitations, whoever left Kuuko to die there is no longer liable of said crime if he/she still lives (which is quite posible given japan's citizens long average lifespan).
4) There is no spoon.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:01   Link #527
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
This really has to stop you keep harassing every post i make anyway
im pretty sure its a crime if not offence to harvest a (human) skeleton in an basement with out telling anyone about it
What way? Is it like little boy trying to get little girl's attention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
1) None of the members of said club harvested the body, it was already there.
2) Human skeletons are used since at least a century ago to routinely teach young surgeons the basics of human anatomy, in a sense they are merely objects that can be property of someone or some organizations (otherwise museums would have none).
3) Even if (by some time machine or magic) they WERE the culprits of collecting said corpse, there is a thing called an status of limitations, whoever left Kuuko to die there is no longer liable of said crime if he/she still lives (which is quite posible given japan's citizens long average lifespan).
4) There is no spoon.
Are you talking about Skeleton in the closet(cupboard)? There is no evidence that a British doctor actually dig up skeleton from the grave. Although the act was illegal, hiding skeletons in the closet was only a myth.

Knowing Teichi...I am not surprised about the possibility. He has high chance to bring Yuko home, so he can introduces her to his parents. He has to do it. It seems Yuko's story only circulates in the school field. She may be restricted to the certain zone, as the girl from Bakemonogatari.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:27   Link #528
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well hot damn, I stand by what I've said before- Silver Link really has gotten that creepy-artsy-atmospheric-horror thing down.
Well, they got some staff (including the director) from SHAFT, so no surprise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Though not as dark as [Another] from last season, I would say this show puts up an intriguing story as well.
Another dark, well it was hit and miss, since the plot (as presented in the anime) was handled poorly, and ended up several times being funny in a splatter B-movie way.

This one, like C3 makes excellent transitions between ecchi and horror (as of ep.3 at least), and like the little I read from the manga keeps the atmosphere... more prevalent though in the mangaka's hentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It seems to me there was a guy (?) standing at the top of the stairs in the flashback Teiichi saw when he touched Yuuko in an earlier episode. Someone may have pushed her, at least, whatever else was involved in the situation. Was she an offering to the shrine?
I think so too... also there was also this figure in the shadows at the end of the episode... maybe another ghost that does not suffer Yuuko's curse (or bless, since at least one person is horny enough to see her as an attractive senpai)
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 19:31   Link #529
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What I found most interesting was the idea that someone intentionally subverted the story of what happened to Yuuko. After all that broken leg could have happened in any number of ways. Maybe she simply tripped and fell down those stairs never to be found, or maybe someone broke her leg and threw her down there. That shrine gives me a bad feeling. Seems a little odd that she would just happen to die by a strange little shrine like that.

All those stories going around may help to create theories, but probably none will be spot on. Somehow Yuuko was killed, but hard to tell how exactly it all happened. At least a good thing from Kirie's actions here was Niiya having to take a better look and getting more information.

Will take a while to warm up to Kirie after all this, but at least get where she was coming from. Was going to stay out of this until she saw something dark and terrible. Either her opinion of Yuuko changed and that changed how she saw Yuuko, or she saw something else entirely. Whatever she saw would change how she saw Yuuko.

This was a tough episode. They did a good job making Yuuko sufficiently creepy. I'm glad Niiya was able to force the image to change back. In the end it's not that he's running from her true form, but rather he's forcing the change away from his altered view of her. If Yuuko says what he sees normally is what she sees, then that's good enough by me.
Old 2012-04-24, 21:29   Link #530
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... and yet another very faithful adaptation of the manga material in anime form. Is it just me or are such excellent and largely faithful adaptations becoming more common of late?

In any event I thought this ep was very well done indeed, and on re-listening to the ED this ep around I must say it is really growing on me - it is excellently sung and a little unnerving at the same time, though not in the "scratchy"/semi-irritating way the OP comes across to me as. Ah well.
Old 2012-04-24, 23:39   Link #531
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The ED sounds too sporadic in its rhythm and isn't catchy enough for me, although I liked the concept and it has a pretty melody.
Old 2012-04-25, 03:35   Link #532
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So...I just noticed that they changed Kirie's eyes in the anime. In the manga she has blue eyes and considering she supposedly looks like Yuuko, it serves as an important difference between them...that and the boobs...

Anyway, best episode so far. However, I can't help but feel that, for an anime only watcher, this episode would have been kind of ruined by the first episode. I already read the manga so it didn't bother me, but the suspense is kinda ruined when you remember Kirie already as a club member and interacting with Yuuko "peacefully" in episode 1.
Yes but you still have to remember that there is tension between them after this ED so it's not like the suspense is completely gone.....

I love the ED's traditional style. Matches well with Yuuko's voice.
Old 2012-04-25, 04:40   Link #533
Lukeman1884

I'm wondering what made Kirie change how she saw Yuuko. From the flashback, it seemed like initially she saw her as a normal girl, just like Niiya, Something must have changed her perception of Yuuko.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 06:35   Link #534
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
I'm wondering what made Kirie change how she saw Yuuko. From the flashback, it seemed like initially she saw her as a normal girl, just like Niiya, Something must have changed her perception of Yuuko.
Its likely because her misconception of Yuuko as a vengeful ghost portrayed in the "Spirited Away" mystery was proven false after they inspected Yuuko's corpse and discovering the shrine.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-25 at 07:59. Reason: Removed spoiler.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 07:44   Link #535
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Its likely because her misconception of Yuuko as a vengeful ghost portrayed in the "Spirited Away" mystery was proven false after they inspected Yuuko's corpse and discovering the shrine.
I believe he was asking what made Kirie see Yuuko as a vengeful ghost in the first place, since she said that when she first saw Yuuko she saw the same girl that Teiichi normally sees. And that, of course, is Kirie's question after she fled the clubroom for the second time: "If the story was wrong and Yuuko isn't an evil spirit, then what was that evil spirit that I saw?" She saw something that drastically changed her view of Yuuko, and only afterwards did she hear the "Spirited Away" story.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-04-25 at 08:34.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 07:51   Link #536
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Yeah I'm reading the manga. I don't why I'm like this but maybe it's just that I don't like to feel hanged when watching that I need to wait another week for the next episode. That's why most of the anime I watched which I find it interesting or should I say pretty god, I wait for about episode 5 to 6 before I start watching or worst, I just wait patiently till it finished. And since I already knew the flow of the story, I really don't need to rush watching the anime.

lol that's exactly what I'm doing with Sankarea but your hnnnngh avvy is making it really hard for me.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:00   Link #537
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Guys, please stop with the manga spoilers. If it hasn't aired in the anime yet, do not talk about it.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:05   Link #538
bumbayker

Eh? How was my post a spoiler? It was pretty clear towards the end of episode 3 that the vengeful spirit that Kirie initially saw and Yuuko weren't the same. If you could please explain to me then I'll delete this post.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:26   Link #539
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Guys, please stop with the manga spoilers. If it hasn't aired in the anime yet, do not talk about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker
Eh? How was my post a spoiler? It was pretty clear towards the end of episode 3 that the vengeful spirit that Kirie initially saw and Yuuko weren't the same. If you could please explain to me then I'll delete this post.
I have to agree with bumbayker. Kirie herself asks "if Yuuko isn't an evil spirit, then what was the evil spirit I saw?" That is in-anime content, a character herself thinking that there is something else besides Yuuko that is haunting the school.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:29   Link #540
EroKing

At about 20:15 of episode 3 there was something shown with a creepy aura but the anime didn't make it clear whether Kirie was seeing that or Yuuko after her perception had changed. Saying outright that Kirei was seeing the mysterious vengeful spirit implies you have manga knowledge and hence the post was edited I suppose.
I'll have to agree with Solace on his decision being just an anime watcher myself.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural