AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 06:56   Link #1
bastek66

Aquarion EVOL OVA

Evol OVA will be about reincarnations of Yunoha and Jin
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-21, 08:00   Link #2
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Well the character design (yeah, I mean that awful logos) didn't sit well with me, but we'll see if the story worth it.
Also the biggest shock, WHERE'S MY AKINO-SAAANNN?! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!

On the other hand, that OVA looks EPIC!! Now we have 2 crossovers (another is from Tengoku-hen)

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2015-03-22 at 00:00.
Old 2015-03-21, 08:29   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Well shit. Now I'm actually intrigued.
Old 2015-03-21, 09:06   Link #4
kuromitsu

That EVOL OVA... Oh man. I never particularly cared about Jin and Yunoha's romance, and I know this is going to be a mess, but for some reason I really can't wait. XD Doggie Aquarion might just be on my top 5 list of awesome silliness I've seen from Aquarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And my hype for this series drops a couple notches after seeing those character designs. EVOL had great designs, but these may be the worst of the three series.
Yes, that was my very first reaction, too. What's with those character designs?

Great Angel designs, though! The one that's shown when the Sunrise logo appears looks a bit like Touma/Mykage. I wonder how he'll figure into the story, now. (He has to, somehow. PLEASE, DON'T FORGET ABOUT HIM!) That white-haired girl... could it be? I mean, this is Aquarion....

And while I was to be expected (unfortunately :/ ) I'm also not happy that it seems we'll get yet another girl - guy - girl love triangle. Why can't it be another combination... I can already see the shipping wars

In any case, I'm glad that Shimazaki Nobunaga will play the main guy, finally I can hear his badass voice again. He did that so well!
Old 2015-03-21, 10:31   Link #5
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Evol ova looks interesting (reincarnation fight lol)

Logos is looking reall average atm and the reincarnation stuff doesn't seem to be in play but who knows.
Old 2015-03-21, 12:54   Link #6
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So I checked out this vid because you described it as being about the reincarnations of Yunoha and Jin, which was one of the more adorable pairings I've ever seen...

... only to find that the PV is actually also about the original Aquarion characters vs the EVOL cast in an actual honest to goodness crossover!

What a rather odd way to undersell a PV

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-03-21, 18:36   Link #7
hinode

The Apollo/Silvia/Reika team makes me think they're using the OVA continuity for the original Aquarion team - that's not a combo that the TV series used very often, but the OVAs focused on that trio, with everyone else sidelined (except Pierre to an extent).
Old 2015-03-21, 18:50   Link #8
Frontier

I'm with LoweGear. I was expecting a simple love story OVA featuring Yunoha and Jin's reincarnations finally finding happiness together, which I'd be perfectly fine with, but then you have Solar Aquarion and Evol Aquarion legitimately duking it out showing that this is a legitimate crossover between both generations of Aquarion casts !!!

And that new Aquarion wolf Gattai looks pretty cool .

And we got Gen back! Awesome! Now I'll try and forget the plot twist in Evol with Zen .

Looking forward to Apollo and Amata meeting, as well as the interactions between the rest of the cast .

Kagura's also in it...I wonder if he switches out with either Amata, Mikono, or Zessica during the fight between the Aquarions? Could the cast be post-Evol?

Mugen Punch crosscounter for the win .

Honestly, this made me completely forget about Logos .
Old 2015-05-10, 10:37   Link #9
juve

I will watch it for Apollo, Sylvia and Zessica.
Old 2015-05-10, 10:39   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

Got Crea?

No Crea no watch.
Old 2015-05-10, 14:47   Link #11
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
The Apollo/Silvia/Reika team makes me think they're using the OVA continuity for the original Aquarion team - that's not a combo that the TV series used very often, but the OVAs focused on that trio, with everyone else sidelined (except Pierre to an extent).
Aw, I hope not. I didn't like the OVAs, I thought they were taking themselves way too seriously for something as silly as Aquarion. I hope this OVA will be as over-the-top and silly and romantic as it's supposed to be, without the horrors that plagued poor Evol. (I also hope Zessica will be back to her old self instead of being the badly written mess that she became in the second half of Evol. Also, please just give poor Amata and Mikono enough screentime...)

Also, Mykage. I'd kill for a Touma/Mykage scene!
Old 2015-05-13, 14:51   Link #12
Aquaman OS

If the listed voicecast in the prerelease material is any indication, Mykage's not in. Nor is anyone from Genesis other than Apollo Silvia and Reika in, which is why people think it's the OVA.
Old 2015-05-19, 19:59   Link #13
bastek66

BD-box
-Two new episodes after the final are included "I wonder how many gattai can there be?"
-New 30 min. drama CD about the elements no longer enjoying gattai
-New re-edited booklet
-New special final scene of 1 hour 43 min.
New covers by Kurahana Chinatsu and illustrations by Kana Ishida.

Old 2015-05-19, 21:52   Link #14
Freeter
beyond

I just want them to finally reveal baghead girl's face so we can get some good fanart of her.
Old 2015-05-19, 22:11   Link #15
Higurashi-san
ひぐらしさん

I have no expectations on this, though I wish they stopped pushing KaguraxZessica.
I'm fine with anything not involving Amata and Mikono. Keep them far, far away from me.
Old 2015-05-23, 02:49   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Two new episodes after the final and a new hour and 43 minute final scene? Geez.
Old 2015-05-25, 22:12   Link #17
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I like how Shush is trying to do a falcon kick.
Old 2015-06-15, 15:57   Link #18
ReddyRedWolf

We got from the original Aquarion OVA parallel universes exist and can affect each other. Crea was able to find Apollo thanks to the dimensional effects of the OVA. Silvy mentioning Apollo out of the blue. Reika being a bad luck magnet cause she cursed herself in the other universe.

So Jin and Yunoha are reincarnated in different universes. Separated by 12,000 years.
Old 2015-07-02, 01:24   Link #19
bastek66

Is that true that EVOL's OVA will air in tv right before Logos premiere?
Old 2015-07-02, 10:27   Link #20
Raxnom
気疲れ

Yes, it aired. It was more like character showoff than any story. And mecha fights.

Last edited by Raxnom; 2015-07-02 at 12:28.
Closed Thread