2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-20, 15:59   Link #861
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post
After watching Ep23, for some odd reason, I don't think Lockon is dead. O_o maybe it's cause I think back to other gundam series and how no matter what the pilot goes through (Recent would be Heero/Trowa/Kira) they always seem to live >.>;
Second Mwu La Fraga? No way To me he is more like Treize Khusherenada - when he was dead, he was dead for sure
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:01   Link #862
Seras

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
I sure he don't But main villain of mecha must have mobile suit And his mecha painted gold too, as his gun
lol, reminds me of Dorothy from Gundam Wing
Seras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:01   Link #863
ShiniIllumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Second Mwu La Fraga? No way To me he is more like Treize Khusherenada - when he was dead, he was dead for sure
Still hoping he's alive, somewhere ;x
ShiniIllumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:03   Link #864
Terra

I'm accepting of the fact he is most likely dead, although a part of me can't get rid of the thought he might of survived. The existance of a twin does IMO reduce his chances of surviving. But the way he went out with what seems to be such a suicidal attitude makes me wish he would live so he has to learn to live and move on with himself. It's like he knew what he was, willingly became what he was, yet couldn't live with what he was. Yet he pushed the others to grow and overcome themselves. I'd like to see the others to have seen through his mask and give him the very advice he's giving others and get him to grow.
Old 2008-03-20, 18:37   Link #865
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
That's riiiight...we haven't seen a MASKED MAN yet! Though isn't the masked man always blonde, so wouldn't that go to graham?
I'm putting money on Lockon for masked man XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 19:59   Link #866
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Gundam 00 Episode 23 is up.

One thing I will mention here as well is the sudden realization of the symbolism in the ending that I had:

It all starts off very happy as Lockon is giving Setsuna a haircut and watching over the rest of the Meister’s as they prepare meals for the group. Suddenly though the scissors symbolizing his grooming of Setsuna into a more focuses individual fall….kind of like he’s no longer there to hold them, and the river turns to blood. Lockon’s blood. Now all the Meisters are seen grieving as a feather shrivels up (Symbolizing Lockon's life fading away) and Lockon seems to hang his head in shame as if he feels he has failed them and the world. In the end we see Setsuna casting off his apron in bold determination as if his grooming is finished and he’s ready to let go of Lockon’s presence as a mentor and step out on his own to hopefully change the world. The very last thing we see though are the barber scissors sitting next to Haro, symbolizing that Haro is keeping Lockon’s legacy and memories close to him still so that while they are no longer a corporeal part of this world, they are not forgotten.
The only problem with this is Lockon is still there in the ending. Unless thats his twin, but doubt it. Nice analysis though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Mm, I don't quite agree with that assessment of the ED though there is definitely a lot of symbolism. I too see the dropped scissors as a symbol of Lockon's death, but the following animation of Tieria and Allelujah I tend to match more with the lyrics that is sung at that moment. For Tieria especially, because the lyrics are: "Even if you show courage and pretend to be strong/You can't live all alone". Lockon pointed out in epi 22 that Tieria appears strong but is fragile inside. As for Allelujah I see it as implying he cannot come to terms with who he is (i.e. Hallelujah) so he can't bear to look in the mirror. For Lockon's portion I see it as him grieving over the destruction of him home and family, and feeling powerless and frustrated.

I think the feather is a sign of hope, but while it is burned and seemingly destroyed it in fact becomes sparks of GN particle that brings new hope to people. The reason why I say this is because everyone looks up from their grief (Marina, Louise) when they notice the light of the GN particles. And lastly the four meisters gaze up at what appears to be a green bird, presumably formed from the GN particles earlier, and Setsuna smiles. The bird I think symbolizes a dove of peace, and it represents the ideal that Setsuna (and the other meisters) are trying to achieve.

P.S. I love your weekly blog review of 00. Reading it helps me further my own understanding of the show and it’s nice to read a review that actually shares the same opinion of the show that I have.
Yes, I 100% agree on this. Though the dove of peace, for some reason I'd like to see it more like a phoenix, if the feather was to be burnt. If this was the case, then the rebirth of never ending war and never ending hope coincide each other, but it strongly emphasizes how they'd keep fighting for peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What, you mean a review that doesn't just immediately go into a predetermined bashing fest of the show? Yeah I find it much more rewarding to take an in-depth look at the show then to stroke my ego by saying why I think it's beneath me. Well unless I really feel it is in which case I probably wouldn't be blogging it. The way I look at it is that I'm just filling a void a guy who genuinely loves mecha in a blogging community that seems to predominantly feel it's a waste of time or an auto-fail theme. To quote Montreal Comedian John Pinette, "I say nay nay".

Anyway, your analysis works too. I'm sure there are a lot that work. I especially like how you see the GN Particle bird as a dove of peace and that's it's the Gundams that will create that bird with their power. The GN Particle is used to symbolize a lot of things I think to the point where it seems like they take on a life of their own. The bird's feather becoming GN Particles and then a forming into a bird kind of evokes the image of a Phoenix and I also think along with Lockon's death that it has something to do with the "Absolute destruction and Rebirth" that Mishizuma talked about in that interview. This season is going to end on a depressing note I imagine, but he wants us to remember through the ending that something good will eventually come out of it.
Lol, yeh, thats what I thought when I read it. And maybe it might be depressing, but season 2 will clear that up.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 20:09   Link #867
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its his brother.
I guarantee you that somewhere, at some time (even if it's only Felt's twiste imagination), someone is going to make/draw a Lockon/Lyle image.

The internet, raping your childhood since its inception.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 20:33   Link #868
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
The only problem with this is Lockon is still there in the ending. Unless thats his twin, but doubt it. Nice analysis though.
Lockon is such a nice guy. Even after his death, he still had time to give his friend Setsuna a haircut.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 22:37   Link #869
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

He was so nice, he even brought Louise's arm back with him, too.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 01:29   Link #870
mougrim

Masked man? I choose Ali But... I'd prefer to see him in same bad health as Gauron in Second Raid
Old 2008-03-21, 01:39   Link #871
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post
Still hoping he's alive, somewhere ;x
in our hearts
Old 2008-03-21, 02:14   Link #872
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I want to actually see a Gundam series where there's no masked character for a change. But, hey, I can compromise and actually see Lockon go masked man on us. The difference would be that we have a masked man on the "good guy" side not doing questionable things like most tend to do...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 04:10   Link #873
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I can see Ali as a masked man. Because of his burnt body (a result of his shodown with Lockon), he has to hide his hideous face. His voice could also be changed in order to sound more menacing Then we could not know which of the ol' characters actually hides under the mask
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 05:03   Link #874
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Except Lockon's too nice of a guy to go on some sort of revenge spree. Just like Kira, Athrun, and shit, even Heero Yuy were too nice to start going WAAAH THE WORLD SUX IMMA KILL SHIT.
heero wasnt the nice guy, quatre was...and he killed COLONIES with zero

....lockon might b dead who knows 4 sure.
neena was headed back to space so maybe she will find him
...(she has haros)

he could come back with a mask as a villain

Last edited by Copy Ninja; 2008-03-21 at 05:42.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 07:09   Link #875
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlebertz View Post
I really am feeling so sorry for lockon that I made a video blog dedicated for him. it is seen here : http://gundamdoublezero.blogspot.com...ons-final.html

hope you like it guys and together we say our condolences to the best gundam sniper ever...

I also found a real-life Haro (Lockon's pet)
watch him here:
http://gundamdoublezero.blogspot.com...resent-to.html

Gundam 00 the best!!!

And don't forget Kinue plus Michael & Johan Trinity because Someone needs to avenge for their Death!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 07:12   Link #876
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
And also, I can't Wait to See the revenge for Lockon's death tommorow night. ALI AL-SACHEZ is completely gone way too far. *still bothered about what happened. I can't eat or sleep because of that but 00 is going to an end soon. We'll have to wait till fall to see what's gonna happen to CB i mean Celestial Being.*
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 08:47   Link #877
Stretch5920

I like Lockon but he should stay dead. His death scene was great and it would be a total cop out to bring him back. Ali Al-Sachez is fucking awesome I love him.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 10:16   Link #878
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I like Lockon but he should stay dead. His death scene was great and it would be a total cop out to bring him back. Ali Al-Sachez is fucking awesome I love him.
So why don't you marry him?

But I agree, Lockon should stay dead. But I'd be happy to see that his death was not in vain. Something like Ali being partially crippled or mutilated.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 10:40   Link #879
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

But I agree, Lockon should stay dead. But I'd be happy to see that his death was not in vain. Something like Ali being partially crippled or mutilated.
How about having his brains half-fried? I remember someone mentioned Gauron from FMP :TSR, too....Maybe something like that could work.

Meh, don't mind me. I'm just thinking of the cruelest possibilities for that warmonger to descend to Purgatory.

Really, though...I'm wondering how Neena can ever play into the scenario again. She's still alive, still has a Throne with her, so either her or her Throne probably might appear again to replace that vacancy Lockon left, even if she isn't as skilled or dynamic.

And I can't help but keep thinking that she's finally received the payment of retribution for her actions in Spain.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 15:00   Link #880
mougrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
How about having his brains half-fried? I remember someone mentioned Gauron from FMP :TSR, too....Maybe something like that could work.
I mentioned It perfectly suits him - no arms, no legs, no means of regenerating... Or he may join club of Orange-kun