Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-03, 19:29   Link #1861
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Except Eve wasn't a legendary assassin, Eve didn't have as dark a past (well, assumedly dark from what Yami said way back when she was introduced), Eve isn't a Tsundere, and they don't even use the same form of Japanese speech. ANd Eve wouldn't be out to beat up Rito half as much as Yami is, lol.
1. Eve not a legendary assassin? Her job was an assassin and that's what she was made for. The legendary title would obviously apply as she grew, which you see in Yami.

2. Eve not having a dark past? I would say she had a dark past. She was held captive away from her mother. She was induced with devices to make her go insane and pilot that flying ship.

3. No idea how to speak Japanese or read it, so can't comment on that.

4. Who know's what Eve would do against Rito. Not something that's debatable since there's no facts.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 20:16   Link #1862
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
1. Eve not a legendary assassin? Her job was an assassin and that's what she was made for. The legendary title would obviously apply as she grew, which you see in Yami.
Nope, she never actually killed a person, and certainly never got into the assassination business. She was intended to, but never got there. (Train and Sven got her out before that) That was the whole point of the training Torneo was putting her through, but as said Train and Sven got her out before he completed her training.

Quote:
2. Eve not having a dark past? I would say she had a dark past. She was held captive away from her mother. She was induced with devices to make her go insane and pilot that flying ship.
I said not as dark a past. (wording means everything, please note ) And growing up all alone and having to actually become an asassin all on her own to survive all on her own is much, much worse than the upbringing Eve had with Train and Sven.

Quote:
4. Who know's what Eve would do against Rito. Not something that's debatable since there's no facts.
Actually, it's pretty clear what she would (or rather, wouldn't) do; she wasn't an assassin or even violent, so she wouldn't be so quick to beat up Rito. She never constantly picked fights or duels with Train to try and beat him, or prove anything or whatnot, like Yami is always hacking at Rito to remind him he's her prey.

You're kinda confusing an homage for a copy; just like Macross Frontier had many scenes which were strong homages to original Macross (yet not copies of the respective scenes from original Macross), Yami is an homage to Eve. They're very similar, but not actually the same.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:27   Link #1863
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Nope, she never actually killed a person, and certainly never got into the assassination business. She was intended to, but never got there. (Train and Sven got her out before that) That was the whole point of the training Torneo was putting her through, but as said Train and Sven got her out before he completed her training.
I don't see a big difference here. Just because she hasn't killed anyone yet doesn't mean she was not an assassin. She was built for killing and that is all she knew how to do. If Train and Sven didn't get there, she would of undoubtedly have killed many.

Quote:
I said not as dark a past. (wording means everything, please note ) And growing up all alone and having to actually become an asassin all on her own to survive all on her own is much, much worse than the upbringing Eve had with Train and Sven.
Sorry, I missed the word as.

Quote:
Actually, it's pretty clear what she would (or rather, wouldn't) do; she wasn't an assassin or even violent, so she wouldn't be so quick to beat up Rito. She never constantly picked fights or duels with Train to try and beat him, or prove anything or whatnot, like Yami is always hacking at Rito to remind him he's her prey.
Eve was defintiely violent. She was trained to be and almost killed Train when he came to rescue her.

Quote:
You're kinda confusing an homage for a copy; just like Macross Frontier had many scenes which were strong homages to original Macross (yet not copies of the respective scenes from original Macross), Yami is an homage to Eve. They're very similar, but not actually the same.
I never seen Macross, so can't comment on Macross. I don't see the reasoning for a homage. It's pretty much the same thing as a copy, the author was just reusing old ideas and just tweaked it very slightly. They're very similar, so although it may be a homage, it's also a copy to me. It makes me see Yami as a negative since she is copied from Eve.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 02:33   Link #1864
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
I don't see a big difference here. Just because she hasn't killed anyone yet doesn't mean she was not an assassin. She was built for killing and that is all she knew how to do. If Train and Sven didn't get there, she would of undoubtedly have killed many.
How can you be an assassin without actually being an assassin? lol Assassins kill people. You aren't one if you haven't killed people. And even if you did kill people, that doesn't necessarily make you an assassin anyway. And it doesn't matter what she only knew how to do in the past (especially when she never actually killed anybody) because Sven and Train taught her not to kill. How she was initially raised, and what she was created for, doesn't matter; she never killed anybody, and she still never will. And for the record, she was already starting to shed off the training that Torneo had put her through before Sven and Train actually came to save her later on; she was crying when she was forced to attack Sven when Torneo came to take her back. Which is why Sven knew it was worth it to save her; he realized she wasn't hurting people because she wanted to.

Quote:
Eve was defintiely violent. She was trained to be and almost killed Train when he came to rescue her.
Hmmm? You mean way back before she learned not to kill or hurt anybody? Which is now moot because she'll never do it again?
However, I believe you're talking about the Black Cat anime; in the manga, Eve didn't fight anybody at all when Train and Sven came to rescue her, in fact, she chose of her own will not to fight them. What's more, she was crying when she was forced to attack Sven before they later came to rescue her. (in this case, it's better to compare the manga since they were actually done by the same person; the Black Cat and ToLoveRu animes weren't even done by the same person, let alone Yabuki) And in the anime, Train was supposed to kill her, not rescue her.
She doesn't go around trying to beat up Train every day to win their rivalry and become Sven's partner. On the other hand Yami is always going after Rito. If Eve was violent like Yami (Yami's not really being in a bad way), she'd be fighting and dueling with Train all the time like Yami beats up and goes after Rito all the time; quite to the contrary, Eve and Train actually get along quite well.

Quote:
I never seen Macross, so can't comment on Macross. I don't see the reasoning for a homage. It's pretty much the same thing as a copy, the author was just reusing old ideas and just tweaked it very slightly. They're very similar, so although it may be a homage, it's also a copy to me. It makes me see Yami as a negative since she is copied from Eve.
That comment wasn't made assuming you saw Macross or Macross F, lol. It was an example of an homage, where something is very similar to another thing, but still different.
And that's what I mean by you not understanding an homage; it's a nod-off to a previous work or something just for irony's sake, or, in this case, for fans of something. While similar, Eve and Yami are still definitely different; all the similarites are just homages to Eve, and the legendary assassin bit is more an homage to Train and the Black Cat story, rather than to Eve herself.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-03-04 at 02:50.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 03:43   Link #1865
Freeter
beyond

Mikan/Yami chapter this week...and it's not in a bathhouse (much to Himajin's surprise ).

Spoiler for 139 summary and pics:

Spoiler for discussion:

Last edited by Freeter; 2009-03-05 at 09:40.
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:00   Link #1866
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 139:

sure looks pretty interesting
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:12   Link #1867
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Wait, WHAT??!!
Spoiler for Chapter 139:

And dang those lying preview stubs, lol........buuuuut I'll forgive them in this case.
Old 2009-03-04, 04:24   Link #1868
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Wow, I missed 20 chapters because of school and marathoned them yesterday. Good thing it was worth it and the upcoming chapter 139 just made me much more excited.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-04, 04:42   Link #1869
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch chapter 138 :

Well , we saw Riko XD and Yui's brother . Now he know about Lala etc ...
I forgot he go out with Akio .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 05:38   Link #1870
Freeter
beyond

Wow, the peeps at 2ch are all over this chapter. Full script has already been leaked. I'll post the full summary tomorrow, but here's a nice tidbit:

Spoiler for yamikan:
Old 2009-03-04, 06:04   Link #1871
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for yamikan:
Now the question is...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-04, 06:32   Link #1872
Justin Kim
*Artist

Er...wait so this is self - explanatory after all but... if Yami has the body of Mikan and blushes in front of Rito. (Please think of what the poor guy will think...)
Rito: MIKAN O_O Don't hug me like that, and don't touch me like that as well.
Mikan: *Incest mode*
But yeah I guess this actually shows that Yami somewhat has a chance, this arc >.> suprisingly enough.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:06   Link #1873
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Er...wait so this is self - explanatory after all but... if Yami has the body of Mikan and blushes in front of Rito. (Please think of what the poor guy will think...)
Rito: MIKAN O_O Don't hug me like that, and don't touch me like that as well.
Mikan: *Incest mode*
But yeah I guess this actually shows that Yami somewhat has a chance, this arc >.> suprisingly enough.
O_o
wha?!
"I" mode?????

may be she (Yamikan) will say:
Spoiler for when hug him...:

But Lala will upset,if that happen....
Lala: "Yami!! what are you doing to my future-husband?!!!"
Rito: "Eh?!Yami?!!!!"
Yamikan: "Damn!just a little more time and he'll be mine"
MikaYami: "My Body!!!"

a chance??? for what? if it for join Rito Harem,she have it from the moment she delay her contract with Lacospo, and more after Rito bring her to Mikado when she sick because use too much Trans ability
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:59   Link #1874
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol the point here is, Rito is really undecisive. (One of his own personal flaws). So we really don't know what the author is going to do due to this flaw. If Rito was assertive around the girls, and actually wasn't meek we would have a certain / good speculation to whom he would pair up with towards the end. I mean everything/anything is possible in this manga. Thus, the question lies herein, can you answer whom Rito will end up with? Can you derive any sources in which Yami does not stand a chance? Not fighting or anything, but usually these mangas are up to the mangaka whom makes them, and the story can be predicted, but most predictions are irrevelant without a factorial base.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:19   Link #1875
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
O_o
wha?!
"I" mode?????

may be she (Yamikan) will say:
Spoiler for when hug him...:

But Lala will upset,if that happen....
Lala: "Yami!! what are you doing to my future-husband?!!!"
Rito: "Eh?!Yami?!!!!"
Yamikan: "Damn!just a little more time and he'll be mine"
MikaYami: "My Body!!!"

a chance??? for what? if it for join Rito Harem,she have it from the moment she delay her contract with Lacospo, and more after Rito bring her to Mikado when she sick because use too much Trans ability

Incest is always win. Add a "ni-pah" there as well XD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 00:51   Link #1876
Aip Karasu
糞っ垂れ!!

Send a message via MSN to Aip Karasu
love this manga!
Aip Karasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 04:28   Link #1877
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Spoiler for new chapter:
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 05:58   Link #1878
Justin Kim
*Artist

There is a user who does post up the raw versions of To - Love Ru with the summaries often, I wonder where that user went O_o. I want to see the pictures of the next manga coming out, even if it's in raw. (A spoiler/explanation is usually given along with the raw manga).
Old 2009-03-05, 10:35   Link #1879
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
There is a user who does post up the raw versions of To - Love Ru with the summaries often, I wonder where that user went O_o. I want to see the pictures of the next manga coming out, even if it's in raw. (A spoiler/explanation is usually given along with the raw manga).
read thru page 94, the user you describe sonds alot like freeter. freeter is probably the only user in this thread to post such content and still is doing it.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 14:33   Link #1880
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
read thru page 94, the user you describe sonds alot like freeter. freeter is probably the only user in this thread to post such content and still is doing it.
Actually, I think he's talking about me; I used to post up summaries with scan samples way back when Yami first showed up in chapter 34 (I was the first one to do so, and I'm pretty sure Freeter and I are the only ones who ever did any summaries in this thread; before that, this thread was pretty slow-moving), but Freeter got in his raws sooner than I did (and he still does), so I left it to him.

Quote:
I want to see the pictures of the next manga coming out, even if it's in raw. (A spoiler/explanation is usually given along with the raw manga).
They are, and Freeter has been putting that up too; that's how we knew last week that this week would be a Yami/Mikan story, and next week is going to be about Run.

Tags
harem, shounen, manga