AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-12, 14:18   Link #1
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Talking Why not a Formula One anime series?

Indeed, why not a true and realistic Formula One anime series? Takuma Sato is doing a great job at BAR-Honda, and we all know that the japanese are crazy for F1.
Being myself a F1 AND an anime fan , I'd love to see that! ^^
Old 2004-08-12, 14:57   Link #2
Blaine

id like to see an F1 anime too
Old 2004-08-12, 15:01   Link #3
MrMoron

Hell yeah! But not super realistic though, nowadays the formulas are a bit boring. It should be made more like how it was in the 90s, I remember being more interested in F1 back then. I'd like to see Hakkinen and the whiney brat Raikkonen as side chars, and they could make Michael Schumacher the main villain (he's evil! ).
Old 2004-08-12, 15:20   Link #4
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Isnt formula 1 a trademark?
The whole league belongs to that one guy I think... (ekkelstone.. or something?)
If anyone would make an anime about formula 1 would they have to pay?
Or maybe only if they would use the real drivers names?
Old 2004-08-12, 17:24   Link #5
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
Isnt formula 1 a trademark?
The whole league belongs to that one guy I think... (ekkelstone.. or something?)
If anyone would make an anime about formula 1 would they have to pay?
Or maybe only if they would use the real drivers names?
Hm... good point. Ecclestone would probably demand an astonashing amount of money...

Oh well... we can still dream.
Old 2004-08-13, 05:17   Link #6
Jumper
Shimurai

Jeah, an F1 Anime wouldn't be bad, and there arn't really many Racing Animes out there (especially about real existing Racing Series), so one about the F1 would be a really good idea.

But it would be really to expensive to make one about F1, there was an Hollywood Film (Driven), they wanted to make an F1 Movie, but Eccelstone wanted too much money, so an anime about F1 will be much to expensive.
Old 2004-08-13, 09:13   Link #7
dodadoo

F1 racing is boring enough as it is! Vrooom... left turn! Vrooom.... right turn! Vroom, pitstop!
Old 2004-08-13, 09:40   Link #8
Zidane

Like they say in allot of sports animes when someone tries to take something hard and make it sound stupid and boring/simple: Dont underestimate formula1! .
Formula 1 might be the most physicaly and mentaly demanding sports there is. You have to be in extremely good condition. It could make into an awsome and exciting anime.
Old 2004-08-13, 18:02   Link #9
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Ive never much liked anime about sports.
Am i missing out?
Old 2004-08-13, 18:08   Link #10
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Am i missing out?
I wouldn't say you're missing out exactly.

My take on them is that they are rather "casual" and "easy" to watch. There's no other way to describe. I started Initial D Stage 4 recently having never seen any racing or sport animes before and I must say that it is just about the most easygoing thing for me to watch. It's one of those things you can watch and just go away from feeling content. It's not like Naruto or Gundam where after watching it you want to go visit forums and find out what happens next or whatever.

The only thing about Initial D that I got back from it is that I would like to drive and play some drivign games afterwards so that might be a side-effect. oh yeah, one thing about Initial D that stuck out is the awsome music; it has the best soundtrack if you like to drive

EPYON
Old 2004-08-13, 18:19   Link #11
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
I wouldn't say you're missing out exactly.

My take on them is that they are rather "casual" and "easy" to watch. There's no other way to describe. I started Initial D Stage 4 recently having never seen any racing or sport animes before and I must say that it is just about the most easygoing thing for me to watch. It's one of those things you can watch and just go away from feeling content. It's not like Naruto or Gundam where after watching it you want to go visit forums and find out what happens next or whatever.

The only thing about Initial D that I got back from it is that I would like to drive and play some drivign games afterwards so that might be a side-effect. oh yeah, one thing about Initial D that stuck out is the awsome music; it has the best soundtrack if you like to drive

EPYON
IMO most sport anime are average at best.

There are a few exceptions though, like Hajime no Ippo.
Hajime no Ippo is one of the most exiting and fast-paced anime I´ve ever seen.

So yes, if you haven´t seen that you´re missing out.
Old 2004-08-14, 02:40   Link #12
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Am i missing out?
Not unless you are really into geekiness and pain. Sports shows tend to combine a headache-inducing knowledge of subject-specific minutiae with the peculiarly masochistic attitude the Japanese have about sports.

A Formula One title would focus on the kind of grease-monkey stuff you can see if you watch Horsepower TV on TNN, combined with some huge drama about the driver having to take a leak for the last 50 laps...
Old 2004-08-14, 19:33   Link #13
feeman_4_life

i cannot possibly see having formula 1 having the same appeal as initial d. but then again, who would've thought a board game would make a series as successful as hikaru no go?

that being said, the comment on hajime no ippo, i truly believed that series has raised the bar for a sports genre a fair bit, it's incredibly fast paced, exciting and extremely addicting. we don't need like 5-10 episodes for a game like slam dunk (not saying the series was bad tho).
Old 2004-08-14, 21:16   Link #14
Aero

F1 is pretty good, the problem with it right now is that almost everything is controlled by computers. They calculate the speed, breaking time, etc... for the drivers.
Old 2004-08-15, 04:29   Link #15
ato
Oups...

In answer to Aero: Mmmm, not really. In fact, F1 cars are positively primitive, compared to street cars when it comes to computer assistance. In order to keep "driver skill" at a premium, active suspension, breaking assistance, no-lock breaks and a number of other things are banned. It has actually gone so far that many are suggesting that the return on investment in the form of new technology for streetcars that once came from F1 has been severely diminished because of these strict rules.

As for if Bernie would demand an excessive fee for the use of the F1 brand in an anime? Surely he would. But on the other hand, there is nothing to stop a company making a series about G2, featuring prominent drivers like 靴作 (Kutsutsuku), 春記念 (Harukinen), and others, hehe.
Old 2004-08-15, 08:48   Link #16
DNE
Kyo!

the closest anime to f1 is cyber formula, bt i duno where u can get that am looking aswell
Old 2004-08-15, 10:11   Link #17
Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
In answer to Aero: Mmmm, not really. In fact, F1 cars are positively primitive, compared to street cars when it comes to computer assistance. In order to keep "driver skill" at a premium, active suspension, breaking assistance, no-lock breaks and a number of other things are banned. It has actually gone so far that many are suggesting that the return on investment in the form of new technology for streetcars that once came from F1 has been severely diminished because of these strict rules.

There are rules about certain things but the whole braking, turning max speed, etc.. are calculated for the drivers.
Old 2004-08-25, 13:27   Link #18
_yeah
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
the closest anime to f1 is cyber formula, bt i duno where u can get that am looking aswell
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO010395

At $59.99 with free shipping, you're looking at only $1.60 an episode. Compared to the cost of most other DVDs, that's a damned steal. Well worth the money.
Old 2004-08-25, 14:06   Link #19
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
The only one??? what about "meteoro" !? (sorry no idea of the name of this in english or japanese), thats almost F1, not to mention its a classic, I never like it but thats because I dont like anything car related, how can you people not know about it?

EDIT:

found it!
spanish: Meteoro
japanese: Mach Go Go Go
english: Speed racer

look at this gallery for screens of the show, I know its in spanish but is a gallery, I suppose you wont get lost there

I cant believe you people dont know about this one, theres more than naruto in anime you know?

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-08-25 at 14:35.
Old 2004-08-25, 14:37   Link #20
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
The only one??? what about "meteoro" !? (sorry no idea of the name of this in english or japanese), thats almost F1, not to mention its a classic, I never like it but thats because I dont like anything car related, how can you people not know about it?

EDIT:

found it!
spanish: Meteoro
japanese: Mach Go Go Go
english: Speed racer

look at this gallery for screens of the show, I know its in spanish but is a gallery, I suppose you wont get lost there

I cant believe you people dont know about this one, and some of you claim to be otakus

I think everyone knows Speed Racer and it's not really Formula-1. I don't think F1 races underwater, thru volcano caves and has jumps over cliffs...

BTW. As for F1 being copyright and not being able to appear in an anime. I just noticed in the latest translated Yakitate! Japan chapter that they are baking bread for F1 drivers (mentioned by name) in the Monaco Grand Prix.

So maybe it's not a copyright issue?
Closed Thread