AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 02:18   Link #1
Nayim

Danganronpa The Animation: General discussion thread

Important note: 2 specific threads for speculations and spoilerish comments threads have been created:
1) Dangan Ronpa: Speculations & Theories (First time anime viewers only)
2) Dangan Ronpa: Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced Despair Students only)

Newtype Magazine announce unexpected TV anime adaption: Dangan Ronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koujousei.

It will aired in spring 2013.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 13:12.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 02:42   Link #2
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

oh god so much good news one after another This really makes me want to continue reading the LP

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:14   Link #3
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
WHY. WHY KISHI SEIJI. Q_Q Not that I hate the guy, but I certainly don't wish that the guy is pigeonholed for all (decently popular) game-adaptations from now on *looks at Devil Survivor 2 anime* just like how Kon Chiaki is for many BL animes aired on TV orz

Other than that, I'm just going to pray for the best... And 2 cours. Wouldn't want to see how crammed it is with just one cour.

Oh and for those who are wondering, is spoiler phobic and pretty much want to experience it from anime only: don't, don't, DON'T ever search the game contents if you don't want to be spoiled. Don't go to Tumblr. Don't go to Pixiv. Don't go to 4ch. Avoid Tvtropes. Blacklist SA for the sake of not getting spoiled.

Heck, just don't go to the game thread. Once you spoil yourself, it takes many of the interesting parts away from your experience. Way too much.

Anyways, CVs:
Monokuma/Mono Bear: Nobuo Ooyama (aka Doraemon. Yes, you read it right.)
Naegi Makoto: Ogata Megumi
Maizono Sayaka: Oomoto Makiko
Kuwata Leon: Sakurai Takahiro
Ishimaru Kiyotaka: Toriumi Kousuke
Oowada Mondo: Nakai Kazuya
Yamada Hifumi: Yamaguchi Kappei
Asahina Aoi: Saitou Chiwa
Yasuhiro Hagakure: Matsukaze Masaya
Celestia Ludenburgh: Hekiru Shiina
Fujisaki Chihiro: Miyata Kouki
Junko Enoshima: Toyoguchi Megumi
Oogami Sakura: Kujira
Kirigiri Kyouko: Hikasa Youko
Togami Byakuya: Ishida Akira
Fukawa Touko: Sawashiro Miyuki

That was really a long list... Not willing to link it to ANN /too long.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2012-12-07 at 03:53. Reason: *cough* Brain not working @Sawashiro
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:26   Link #4
mistress_kisara

Damn, spring will be awesome!!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 04:45   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
WHY. WHY KISHI SEIJI. Q_Q Not that I hate the guy, but I certainly don't wish that the guy is pigeonholed for all (decently popular) game-adaptations from now on *looks at Devil Survivor 2 anime* just like how Kon Chiaki is for many BL animes aired on TV orz

Other than that, I'm just going to pray for the best... And 2 cours. Wouldn't want to see how crammed it is with just one cour.
Knowing the game's content. Cramming seems necessary even for a 2 cours... which applies to almost all VN based anime.

But either way, has to support this. All action that can help the 3rd game to be made must be taken.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:34   Link #6
com_gwp

Mother of god, my mind is blown every time I look again. It's been one awesome announcement after another. SnK, DS2A, and this as well? Spring is going to be so much awesome.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:42   Link #7
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOODDDD

*calms down*

That was unexpected

Quote:
WHY. WHY KISHI SEIJI. Q_Q
Ummm....who?
Old 2012-12-07, 05:47   Link #8
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ummm....who?
Director of P4A, angel beats, and more recently Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (the fairy show).

Actually, I think he's a great fit for this. Black humor is a niche he excels in.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:49   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Director of P4A, angel beats, and more recently Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (the fairy show).

Actually, I think he's a great fit for this. Black humor is a niche he excels in.
Jinrui? Then I'm sold. Jinrui is quite suited for this vein of tragedy

Fact that I'm a major, major AB! fan also helps
Old 2012-12-07, 05:52   Link #10
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Ummm....who?
Persona 4 Anime director, CE! Also Angel Beats director and Carnival Phantasm's. my beef came from him revealed to be directing DeSu2 as well lol

Though I guess I have to admit the guy knows his humour... Which is all good in DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Knowing the game's content. Cramming seems necessary even for a 2 cours... which applies to almost all VN based anime.

But either way, has to support this. All action that can help the 3rd game to be made must be taken.
Honestly, if I have to spout my inner obsessed fangirl self, 1 cour will overkill it. I just can't even begin to imagine how terribad the pace will be if it is one cour. Two is the bare minimum with cuts on too-long-expositions. (And I do agree that 1 cour usually kicked VN adaptations silly.)

And even with that, spoilers problem OTL

And support from day 1 as well. I'm not even holding my breath for the quality; I just wish it is good and fun enough for people to buy the games for now q_q Hopefully it exceeded my expectations XD

Old 2012-12-07, 05:54   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why does noone mention Kishi's Seto No Hana Yome? That was easily his best show, a really underrated comedy... Anyway guess I can avoid waiting on the fan translation for the PSP game now with the anime on the way.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 05:57   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Honestly, if I have to spout my inner obsessed fangirl self, 1 cour will overkill it. I just can't even begin to imagine how terribad the pace will be if it is one cour. Two is the bare minimum with cuts on too-long-expositions. (And I do agree that 1 cour usually kicked VN adaptations silly.)

And support from day 1 as well. I'm not even holding my breath for the quality; I just wish it is good and fun enough for people to buy the games for now q_q Hopefully it exceeded my expectations XD
They're covering the first game or both? Looks like just the first one
Old 2012-12-07, 06:08   Link #13
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
It is one of those funny thing. Despite the developer are trying their best to prohibit spoilers and banning uploaded videos beyond ch.1, the spoilers are still everywhere in other forms, ESPECIALLY pixiv.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:15   Link #14
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why does noone mention Kishi's Seto No Hana Yome? That was easily his best show, a really underrated comedy... Anyway guess I can avoid waiting on the fan translation for the PSP game now with the anime on the way.
Was never hooked up on Seto no Hanayome, tbh
Quote:
They're covering the first game or both? Looks like just the first one
I think even the first one only is still wordy and long... At least, I can't say I will be pleased to think of having all of them chucked in 12 episodes.

Or that was just me secretly wishing the first anime will be successful that we get 2nd as anime and Kodaka finally have incentive to make the 3rd game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It is one of those funny thing. Despite the developer are trying their best to prohibit spoilers and banning uploaded videos beyond ch.1, the spoilers are still everywhere in other forms, ESPECIALLY pixiv.
At least they have the decency to (mostly) one page cushion it... Though I swear that the first don't have the "please please PLEASEEEE no spoilers beyond ch 1"... In which Pixiv really spoiled the story in 2 weeks www

It was the right decision to not check Pixiv tags back in the days it was released. Nowadays, DevianArt and Tumblr made it worse lol

Old 2012-12-07, 06:24   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Was never hooked up on Seto no Hanayome, tbh
Whyyyy...it has that walking Terminator parody wwww

Quote:
I think even the first one only is still wordy and long... At least, I can't say I will be pleased to think of having all of them chucked in 12 episodes.

Or that was just me secretly wishing the first anime will be successful that we get 2nd as anime and Kodaka finally have incentive to make the 3rd game.
Believe me, you aren't the only one wishing that. I may even actually...buy anime BDs for once....

Quote:
At least they have the decency to (mostly) one page cushion it... Though I swear that the first don't have the "please please PLEASEEEE no spoilers beyond ch 1"... In which Pixiv really spoiled the story in 2 weeks www

It was the right decision to not check Pixiv tags back in the days it was released. Nowadays, DevianArt and Tumblr made it worse lol
You remember that little strip on PIXIV I linked you sometime back? Yeah there wasn't even any buffer page IIRC
Old 2012-12-07, 06:25   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I have Medaka Box vibes when I look into the announcement as well the story. Maybe I could check out, but since I am inexperienced on the series' stuff, maybe I will avoid spoilers at all costs.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 07:22   Link #17
Nayim

It can't be help, of course since anyone who caught attention to spoiler content especially Something Awful thread (Including Tumblr and Pixiv) spoil the storyline with translation despite the game itself never localize outside Japan.

And you know what funny is?

Yesterday I start reading because I get into Dangan Ronpa series (Just curiosity because I interest the series and storyline background. Currently reading Chapter 5 right now). And there, bump suddenly DR get TV animation adaption.

That was unexpected fate huh?

I can't wait to see Doraemon there

EDIT: This actually same goes for Persona 4 Golden, hell even some games like Tales of Xillia 2 or SRW OG 2nd fandom quickly spoil everything.

Oh well, just give warning for everyone:

Always use spoiler tag. These are important. Especially who finish play/read the series.
Old 2012-12-07, 07:26   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ I was pretty close to jumping into this as well, luckily the anime was announced before I did, now to just avoid spoilers...

Quote:
Whyyyy...it has that walking Terminator parody wwww
Don't forget that episode the Terminator went moe!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:16   Link #19
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

This day, the gods of anime have smiled down upon us. Dangan Ronpa is incredibly well suited to being adapted to anime. I've read the entire LP of the video game, and I still can't wait for this series as an anime. It's going to be amazing.

As for the director, Persona 4's anime wasn't bad, and Jinrui wa Suitashimashita was brilliant. I think he'll do a good job of it. Good direction will be essential for this series. It's not the sort of game that can be adapted halfheartedly and still be okay (and no, I don't think this contradicts what I just said about it being well suited to an anime adaptation). My guess is it will either be a disaster or a masterpiece, but it won't be mediocre.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I strongly recommend that anyone planning to watch the anime who hasn't read and doesn't intend to read the LP avoids spoilers for this series like the plague. You do not want any of the glorious twists in this series to be spoiled for you out of context.

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-12-07 at 09:30.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:04   Link #20
Kouvley

I remember reading the LP and thinking " this would make a great anime!" so this is very welcome news indeed.

And yes, for the best experience avoid spoilers!

Looking forward to all the crazy speculation after each episode.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote