AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 03:21   Link #31161
Eratas123

Odd, I remember parts of my life when I was a 1 year old. Specifically going to a restaurant and nearly falling off a chair on my birthday. I remembered even before I saw the video they took.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:30   Link #31162
demino_hellsin
That one guy

exactly. You'd remember something like falling off a chair, the restaurant you'd remember going to one but not exactly what restaurant and even if you do, you don't remember which branch. The whole point is memories that make a deep enough impression stick.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:52   Link #31163
Eratas123

Actually, I know the name (It was Jollibee), I'm just wondering because people say things like "It rained the day I was born" or "I remember seeing my parents die in front of me" even when they had no possible way of knowing that.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:54   Link #31164
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Actually, I know the name (It was Jollibee), I'm just wondering because people say things like "It rained the day I was born" or "I remember seeing my parents die in front of me" even when they had no possible way of knowing that.
That kind of stuff is either bullshit, made up memories that they're not aware of, or they might have brain damage.

Oh, and Jollibee ftw.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:32   Link #31165
demino_hellsin
That one guy

dude... I actually remembered being annoyed at not having school since me whole family was out of the house and I was stuck at home. I was prolly two or three then though...

Ironic considering how much I loathe education now
Old 2012-05-23, 04:41   Link #31166
Eratas123

Planning a future part of FI now with Virtual Reality games. Some of the kids playing Fallout New Vegas and going for the multiple endings.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:45   Link #31167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so they tapping multiple girls?

"Raise that flag!"

"Flag raised!" *Hell yeah*

"Wrong flag!"

Congratulations on the Houki ending.

FUUUUUUU
Old 2012-05-23, 04:47   Link #31168
Eratas123

Dating sims too Well, only Ichika does that one. THe others go on fighting games, mystery games, RPG's, and others. Ichika's Playing Lovecraft plus:/
Old 2012-05-23, 06:22   Link #31169
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Age
I was talking about shit like canon event that is US army vs Silent Zephyr. Fail is an understatement here. Yes, it's not cost effective, but if you have a weapon that CAN do jack against I.S., you can slow them down until your own I.S. came.

It's not about glorious (but stupid) sacrifice such as what Natasha did, it's about the application of what you can use NOW.

@ Demi
You though that was bad? Try Canon!Madoka's bonus ending.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:26   Link #31170
Eratas123

How is that bad? You get to hang out with her forever and ever and ever.........
Old 2012-05-23, 06:45   Link #31171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

if you guys had to choose between the types of super soldiers available to you, what which would it be?

Undead super soldiers; psychics that easily overextend themselves and die from the strain; or an army with a wide variety of superhuman abilities?
Old 2012-05-23, 06:46   Link #31172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"You can't leave, you will stay here, with me"

I prefer the running brick type, like SPARTANs from Halo.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:02   Link #31173
Eratas123

Sneaky soldiers. They're so good your entire enemies army's been destroyed already and yhey didn't even hear so much as a peep.

@ Senpai - Ever played Lovecraft PLUS?
Old 2012-05-23, 07:24   Link #31174
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
"You can't leave, you will stay here, with me"

I prefer the running brick type, like SPARTANs from Halo.
Masterchief is the best, man.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:38   Link #31175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What I said

They're basically infantry on crack. True, they weight like, half a ton plus armor, and twice the mass of normal human when naked, and about 2 meter tall and...

but really, they can do almost anything infantry can do, only better. Their only weakness is their 'price' and 'size'
Old 2012-05-23, 07:47   Link #31176
greedyspectator

@Zero
About your comments about bullet design at 1558, there are a few problems with your assertions, and I would like to correct them.

A projectile has both kinetic energy and momentum. Momentum is what keeps the projectile moving in its direction of motion. Kinetic energy is the amount of energy the projectile has, regardless of direction. The equations for both are as following:

P= M*V
Ke= 0.5*M*V^2

(P: Momentum, M: Mass, V: Velocity, Ke: Kinetic Energy)

As you can see, kinetic energy increases much faster as velocity increases. The amount of momentum and kinetic energy is rarely the same. The ratio of momentum to kinetic energy is what determines the penetration power of a projectile. The greater the ratio, the less penetration you will get, regardless of the amount of kinetic energy you have, simply because you do not have enough momentum to prevent the projectile from diverting from its original direction of motion. A greater momentum-to-kinetic energy ratio will result in a spherical explosion with less penetration. Given equal velocity, a bullet with larger mass will penetrate better than a bullet with smaller mass.

Just my two cents. I just finished my science exam yesterday, so my brain right now is wired with physics equations.

Source: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/spacegunconvent.php
Old 2012-05-23, 07:58   Link #31177
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ahem

Hence my reason of rifle vs pistol round

As for higher mass = better penetration, true.

But when you can't afford larger bullets (= larger weapon, which is the reason demi argues against it), you make the bullet smaller in diameter, and fullmetal jacket. The mass is largely unchanged. You have a rifle round the size of pistol round.

A stronger bullet with smaller contact surface has better penetration, but inflict smaller wound. This is the science behind PDW
Old 2012-05-23, 08:01   Link #31178
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
if you guys had to choose between the types of super soldiers available to you, what which would it be?

Undead super soldiers; psychics that easily overextend themselves and die from the strain; or an army with a wide variety of superhuman abilities?
undead(/vampire) type. they look normal but can infect others via nanomachine and i have control over them.

i like my enemies to destroy themselves from within.

paranoia, the worst weapon in a battlefield. you can't even trust your own people!
Old 2012-05-23, 08:02   Link #31179
greedyspectator

@Zero
Ah, sorry, didn't read that correctly.

My apologies
Old 2012-05-23, 08:07   Link #31180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I actually forgot about momentum and such. Besides, when it comes to I.S. I'll take a page of Battletech fanfic and adapt it to this fandom "I.S. barrier are made of UV-resistant vampires, their weapon are loaded with silver bullets, and their engines are powered by soul of the damned"

When you make the science behind them too hard, someone will scream "WANK!" and kill a catgirl

Lol @ Age's choice and reasoning

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest