AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 19:12   Link #2281
Nagumo
Random Translator

05 – Okaasan
05 – Mother

Precia: Oh, it’s not going well at all… Linith… Linith!
Linith: Yes?
Precia: Please bring me some tea.
Linith: Yes, right away.
Arf: Where?
Fate: Here, here.
Linith: Fate, Arf, after you eat, please clean up after yourselves. I have some business to attend to.
Arf: Okay~! Hey Fate, what does Linith do when she has to go out?
Fate: Oh, most likely she’s going to my mom’s place to help.
Arf: Mom? Fate’s Mom?
Fate: Yes.
Arf: Oh, so Fate had a mom.
Fate: Yes, I have one.
Arf: But… last night, the book we read last night says that a ‘mom’ is always by her kid’s side and protects them. Fate’s mom is never by Fate’s side at all. Why?
Fate: Um…
Arf: Fate?
Fate: Um, er, it’s because I’m not a kid any more.
Arf: Really? But Fate’s really short, and her chest is really flat, so I kinda think you’re still a kid.
Fate: Er, um, I don’t want to her that from someone who’s shorter than me.
Arf: Ahahaha, Arf is a wolf, so I’ll get real big real soon.
Fate: That’s true, for the last two months Arf’s gotten real big. I wonder if you’re going to get a lot bigger than me soon.
Arf: Yeah, I want to get big real soon so I can protect Fate.
Fate: Hm, I look forward to it. But until then I’ll always stay by Arf’s side.
Arf: Hm… Hm? Fate gave Arf life, Fate also stays by Arf’s side and protects… Oh, does that mean Fate is Arf’s mom?
Fate: No, not really. No… But… But it’s alright if you think that.
Arf: I don’t really get it, but it doesn’t matter. As long as I can stay with Fate.

Linith: Precia… Your tea…
Precia: Leave it over… *cough*
Linith: You look… bad (sick)…
Precia: Not at all… I just used a bit too much power/energy.
Linith: If that’s true, then it’s fine… No, that’s not fine at all. Please be careful…
Precia: That girl… I saw her with a dog…
Linith: Ah, we found her last month. We took pity on it because it was dying so we made her into a familiar. Right now, it’s still a provisional contract.
Precia: You permitted it?
Linith: Yes. After some thought, I felt that killing it/letting it die would have detrimental effects on her afterwards.
Precia: That girl’s mana/magic is still undeveloped. She shouldn’t possess a familiar at all, cancel it (remove it).
Linith: I will not to… When Fate is with her, she laughs more often. Not only would she want someone to take care of. I believe at the very least, she would want to be able to feel affection for (love) her own familiar. Moreover the usually obedient Fate was very firm/insistent/stubborn against me. I would like to respect her will.
Precia: You won’t follow my orders?!... Whose familiar do you think you are?!
Linith: I am your familiar Precia Testarossa, but I was also ordered by you to raise your daughter, Fate, to become a first class mage. Having those orders in mind, I have acted as I have. By having Fate meet and interact with Arf, it can only aid/support Fate. Most of all, because I believe that it will eventually help you and Fate (it is for your sake and Fate’s) … Precia
Precia: … The tea’s gotten cold; please make a new pot…
Linith: … Yes…
Old 2009-11-01, 19:24   Link #2282
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Tsuntsun, Precia-chan~~
Old 2009-11-01, 19:26   Link #2283
Supremezero

I've been waiting for this one. Thanks, Nagumo.
Supremezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 19:30   Link #2284
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Tsuntsun, Precia-chan~~
Personally I was wondering if Precia was going to start whipping Linith...
Old 2009-11-01, 20:05   Link #2285
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...while screaming BAKA-INU?
Old 2009-11-01, 20:06   Link #2286
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
I would assume that Ginga's Linker Core is derived from a relic, as part of the whole cyborg thing. Not sure, though. On the one hand, it would be possible her to have a natural Linker Core, but on the other hand, if Spaghetti (or whoever) was intending her to be a combat mage, they might have used a relic to boost her innate magical abilities.
Easier answer: Jail uses Relics bonded with people's Linker Cores as control mechanisms. See, eg., Lutecia. And how Vivio was still controlled by the Cradle's computer even after Quattro was taken out (although at that point her mind was back to being her own, her body still fought under the ship's orders...weird...) until Nanoha befriended the Relic out of her. (Technically, he also used them on the Numbers, so if one of them attempted to rebel I suppose he's have a control mechanism there...). Ginga probably got one implanted when she was captured, which is why she came back brainwashed.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 22:28   Link #2287
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...while screaming BAKA-INU?
Linith: I'm..... A cat. >.>
Old 2009-11-01, 22:31   Link #2288
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Linith: I'm..... A cat. >.>
Details, details...

*is clawed up*
Old 2009-11-02, 16:54   Link #2289
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Okay, let's get the stuff that most normal people will be interested in.

Mizuki Nana revealed the name of the single she's releasing Jan 13 [the one with the Nanoha movie songs] on her latest episode of Smile Gang. So, we know it's gunna be amazing Engrish, right? Right! .... Phantom Minds. Phantom Mines? I don't know, leaning toward minds.

And now, back to Radio StrikerS! I'm really tired, so I'm.... gunna be lazy.

Radio StrikerS Episode 4
Guest : Sanada Asami aka Vita

NEW CORNER [Wait, wasn't this supposed to be next week?]
Nanoha Mail - Blahblah, viewer mail about Nanoha related stuff. I don't even remember what happened in the first letter, but I do remember a comment going "kimoiwwww". I think it had to do with Hayate and Nanoha, lol.
Second letter was about how excited this guy was for the PSP game, but he doesn't have a PSP. Mentioned something about the game voices. seiyuu banzai!
Third letter was about Tsudzuki's hobbies. Apparently, he's not into tending bonsai.
Fourth letter - NANOHA IS AN AWESOME ANIME, WOO.

Shuffle Challenge!
Mittan = Suzuka, Arisa
Asanee = The bell, Fate, Nanoha

Serious
Lool, Mittan asking "ARE YOU MENTALLY PREPARED?" before it even starts. Trying to scare poor Asanee! .... But that's okay, because you can hear her trying to not burst out laughing during Nanoha's only line. [lol the nyonyonyo comment] .... and then they get the first point! Perfect! 7/8! Of course. They're all pros here, right.... ? At least Nana thinks so anyway.

Omake - OH GOD THIS IS THE SECOND BEST ONE SO FAR, SRSLY.
Mittan has learnt to be afraid of this part of Shuffle Challenge. She even says "WHY DO I GET THE DIFFICULT ONES?" after drawing the paper. dgndafgnag I seriously laughed so hard at Asanee. You just have to hear it first. FFFFFFFFFFFF LOL. Okay, Mittan had to voice Suzuka and Arisa with a voice like Inoki [who I assume to be this Inoki and, well, Asanee.... had to voice the school bell, Fate and Nanoha as if they were bawling.

Mittan : Hey, what does a bawling school bell sound like?
Asanee : ☆ごうご期待☆
Mittan : And Nanoha... She only has one line....
Asanee : ☆ごうご期待☆
.... lol....

Rofl at the end, Asanee's giggling. So cute! Mittan's all WAIT WAIT THIS IS EMBARRASSING! [Er, aren't they all kinda embarrassing? It's pretty sad when talking like a cat is the least embarrassing one. >_>;] Of course they got the point. Mittan is 7/8. IRONICALLY ENOUGH, she's at 7 because of the episode with Nana.

V - Yeah, I don't know why they're suddenly having a radio show when the other three seasons didn't. Re-airing A's + hyping up movie = Checking to see how a 4th season would do?

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2009-11-03 at 10:31.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 09:24   Link #2290
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I don't know what the hell is going on, but it sure sounds fun!
Old 2009-11-03, 12:43   Link #2291
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

02 - Rinis to Preshia
02 – Linith and Precia

Linith: Precia… It’s me, Linith… You’re awake aren’t you? I’m coming in…
Precia: Linith? Why are you here?
Linith: I’m here to report to you about Fate.
Precia: I’m busy right now, another time.
Linith: No, you haven’t bothered to hear any of it once this month.
Precia: Do as you like then.
Linith: I will. Fate’s growth has been normal, but is still terrifyingly/astonishingly swift. (the implication that the insane rate of growth is normal for Fate, but not for other people) Even at her age, most of her basic/elementary level spells no longer require incantations now. If we give her a support device of some sort, she should be able to cast advanced level magic with it. In regards to her combat magic (magic combat) abilities, her mid range combat is particularly good/skilled. Do you remember the previous reports up until now?
Precia: Linith, are you treating me like some sort of idiot?
Linith: I am merely asking to clarify any doubts/questions. If there’s no problem, then I will continue with my report (then let me continue). She’s particularly skilled at electricity based magic and learns it quickly. It must be because she’s inherited your ability/skill, but I strongly believe she wants you to recognize her ability and praise her regardless.
Precia: Did that girl say that to you?
Linith: Of course not, she would never voice such a selfish and childish request to me. Though I don’t know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Precia: I’ve been meaning to tell you this for awhile now but you’re incredibly insolent.
Linith: How unthinkable/unexpected, I have no intention of changing myself. (Sarcasm)
Precia: That’s enough; I’ve heard your report. You’re disturbing my experiments, leave.
Linith: Yes, well then… Oh, and I am currently creating a staff for Fate, but I lack certain parts to finish it though. I would like to go to a large city one day to get the necessary components.
Precia: Do as you like…
Linith: Yes.
Precia: Linith…
Linith: Yes?
Precia: When do think it will be ready?
Linith: Fate’s staff? I’m still in the process of designing (design phase) it, so nothing’s been…
Precia: No, I mean the girl herself.
Linith: She’s seven right now, so her physical maturity as a woman is another seven to eight years? For her to be ready as a mage, I guess another three years?
Precia: That’s too much time, make it a year.
Linith: That’s impossible!
Precia: There’s no need to teach her all aspects of magic. It’s fine to just teach her high speed combat magic she can use. This is not the first time I’ve told you this.
Linith: I know but unless I teach her the basic/underpinning and structure of magic, she won’t be able to properly use it when she’s in trouble/it’s important/in a crunch (pinch)…
Precia: Linith!
Linith: I will rethink the staff design, if I make it an Intelligent type (assisting/support type) device and depending on her ability. (bad translation) It will get her combat ready more quickly. But it will cost a lot of money. Are you prepared for that?
Precia: It’s only for one mere staff, use as much as you want.
Linith: Are there any other questions?
Precia: No.
Linith: Then, I will take my leave… Remember… Remember to properly eat and drink, Precia.
Precia: Just go, you’re bothering my research.
Linith: Good night, Precia.
Old 2009-11-03, 17:12   Link #2292
Nagumo
Random Translator

I have to constantly remind myself that people need help to find the complete translations and where they are gathered at.

So here it is for new people, I'll occassionally post it at the top of my translations now.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85192
Old 2009-11-03, 18:45   Link #2293
Nagumo
Random Translator

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Sound Stage M The StrikerS

02. shitsumon otayori corner 1 (with Fate)
02. Mail in Questions corner 1 (with Fate)

Hayate: This is our first corner! We’ll be reading the questions you mailed in!
All: Yeah!
Hayate: From the people of our homeland, Unadministerated planet #97, Japan, Earth; we’ve received your letters with your questions.
Nanoha: We received numerous letters and so we’ve decided to pick out and answer the most important questions addressed to us.
Fate: Yes, well then, the first question. Over here in our world, we’ve watched the adventures of nine-year old Nanoha-san, Fate-chan and Hayate-chan on TV but this time, all of a sudden, six years plus another four have flown by. To be frank, I’m a bit bewildered. So tell me, what has happened over those years? Could you please tell us of your personal experiences, one by one?
Nanoha: I see…
Fate: Well then, who’ll answer first?
Hayate: Hm, why don’t we start with Fate-chan?
Nanoha: Yeah.
Fate: Me? Er, well, okay then. Ten years ago, during something called the Jewel Seed Case/Incident, I met Nanoha. Many things happened but eventually we became friends. During that time, the commander of the Asura/Athra Admiral Lindy adopted me and became my gentle family. There I began my own chosen path. The reason I chose the path to become an Enforcer is because of people like my mother who was at the heart of the Jewel Seed Case/Incident. I thought to myself, I would like to save as many people as possible caught up in their despair and sad fates with my own hands
Hayate: And so you studied hard and passed the exam at age 12 in the winter with flying colors.
Fate: Ah, yes, but to tell you the truth I failed the exam twice before.
Nanoha: Ah, but passing on the third try is actually normal, no actually really good. The Enforcer exam is really hard.
Hayate: Fate-chan’s onii-chan Chrono-kun, failed once too.
Fate: Ah hahaha. Um, well, that’s what happened. I’m right now working as something called an Enforcer, with the loving support of my family and friends I’ve followed the path I wanted to take. Since that winter when I was 12 until now, I’ve overseen 21 cases. In a number of cases, I’ve rescued some children from their sad fate/misfortune.
Nanoha: Even now she receives letters and pictures from those happy children.
Hayate: And Fate-chan has some kids she’s looking after too.
Fate: Ah, um, it’s not a really amazing thing. But I’ve asked to become the guardian of two children.
Nanoha: A ten year old boy and girl, Erio and Caro.
Hayate: They’re really cute and well behaved kids. You can really tell that those two are definitely the kind of kids Fate-chan would raise.
Nanoha: Yeah.
Fate: Um, I’m their guardian and I’ve looked after them but it’s not like I’ve raised them. By the time Caro met me, she was already quite mature/independent, and Erio was raised by an orphanage/institution I had chosen.
Nanoha: But I feel that Fate-chan really looked after them well though. Like a real family.
Fate: Um, without a doubt they’re very important children to me. Thus as an Enforcer, I have carried out/performed many jobs and duties. I received Hayate’s request for help in starting up her division and am now helping her out a bit. That is what has happened up until now.
Old 2009-11-03, 19:55   Link #2294
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

13 - Rinis no Negai
13 – Linith’s wish

Linith: Precia, its Linith.
Precia: Come in.
Linith: Did you hear it, that thunderclap/thunderous roar?
Precia: A high level magic lightning attack… Was that Fate?
Linith: Without using a staff, with just only her body.
Precia: I see. How wonderful.
Linith: With that… I have nothing else left to teach Fate. And the staff will be finished by tonight as well. My job is done, isn’t it?
Precia: Yes it’s over. Once you’ve finished the staff, disappear immediately. Maintaining a high level/quality/independent familiar like you is very difficult.
Linith: I will do that, but before that. Precia, do you remember the contents of our contract? What we agreed to when it concluded? Once the contract is fulfilled, you would give me a reward.
Precia: Ah, yes, you will return to your former form as a mountain cat and possibly return home to the mountains.
Linith: Even if I were restored to my animal form now (To return to as an animal now) … Well…
Precia: You want to remain in human form? But if that’s the case, the contract…
Linith: Is not possible (Alt: would be violated right?). Don’t worry about that, it’s something far simpler.

Arf: Fate, are you all right?
Fate: Yeah, I’m really tired but it feels wonderful.
Arf: Hm, I’m happy too, as expected of my Master!
Fate: Thank you, Arf.
Old 2009-11-03, 20:40   Link #2295
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

11 - Sodachiyuku Hibi
11 – Days of growing up

Fate: During the depths/height of winter, Arf’s arms and legs got much longer/bigger.
Arf: OHHH~! TERIYA!
Fate: Amazing…
Arf: Did you see that? My special/secret skill punch! (hissatsu punch)
Linith: This stupidly powerful strength… to be able break/pierce/shatter a barrier in just one punch…
Arf: My fist is unbeatable/invincible!
Fate: Arf is particularly good at gathering magic and firing/releasing it.
Linith: And her tactical knowledge (movement ability) is extremely high. If she can master barriers, she’ll be a tolerable/decent support for Fate.
Arf: I can’t just be tolerable/acceptable. I’ve got to be amazingly good (really amazing) or else I can’t protect Fate!
Fate: By the time the snow melted, she finally grew into an adult and surpassed Linith’s height.
Linith: Seriously, your body is just getting bigger all the time.
Arf: Seconds please!
Fate: Together we continued to improve/grow as mages.

Linith: This is… Fate’s new staff. It’s still a work in process though.
Fate: Wow…
Arf: You know… this looks kinda like a hatchet/ax… Don’t ya think it’s a bit plain (alt: clumsy looking)?
Bardiche: Get Set…
Arf: It spoke!
Linith: Of course it speaks. It’s an intelligent device. By the time Fate masters the final magical challenge/task facing her; it’ll be ready/complete.
Fate: I see… This is my staff.

Last edited by Nagumo; 2009-11-03 at 23:13.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 00:08   Link #2296
Nagumo
Random Translator

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

12 - Fate, Sashuu Kadai
12 – Fate, Final Task/Lesson/Challenge

(アルカス・クルタス・エイギアス; 制裁の閃光よ、降り来たりて眼下の敵を討て;_
バルエル・ザルエル・ブラウゼル;突き立て、雷光の剣―――;サンダーレイジ!)

Fate: And then, at the end of summer…
Arukas, Krutas, Eygias… Light of judgement/punishment, shine down your terrible vengeance below. (upon all you see)

Arf: Uwa, what incredible magic!
Linith: Arf, cover your ears! The thunderclap is coming!
Fate: Baruel, Zaluel, Browzel… Pierce the Heavens with your sword/blade of thunder/lightning… Thunder Rage!... Linith, did I succeed?
Linith: You hit your target. Nothing wrong with the Lock On either. It’s fine; you’ve cleared the last task/lesson.
Arf: You did it!
Fate: I… Did… it…
Arf: Fate, are you all right?
Fate: Thank you Arf. I’m just a bit tired (lost strength).
Linith: You’ve used up most of your mana. Arf, take Fate to her room. Fate…
Fate: Yes?
Linith: Congratulations, you did very well.
Fate: Thank you, it’s because of you Linith. I hope after this, you’ll continue to help me out.
Linith: After… this, huh…

Last edited by Nagumo; 2009-11-04 at 20:36.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:04   Link #2297
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for your translation Nagumo
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:18   Link #2298
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Awesome. Thank you for the translations, fascinating to get more backstory on Fate.
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 07:23   Link #2299
Password

Just posting an update on the very delayed Track 06 of StrikerS SS3

I'm finally making headway on it. Estimated time of completion is around Saturday of this week.

Again, sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience.
Password is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 20:46   Link #2300
Nagumo
Random Translator

Where the completed tracks are sent to.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85192

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

08 - Tsukaima no Shimei
08 – Familiar’s Purpose/Fate

Fate: Then a month passed, I thought to myself that it was almost time for me to end Arf’s probationary/temporary contract.
Linith: Hm, your aggregate/total mana has grown quite a bit. It looks like it won’t be a problem.
Fate: Yes, I don’t think there will be any problem maintaining Arf.
Linith: It’s almost time for a real contract. We must decide on the appropriate contents/details of the contract
Fate: Yes, we do… Oh, rain.
Linith: It’s started to fall/rain. It looks like tonight will be a storm.

Arf: Oh, a door is open. Oh it’s a place that I’ve never in too! Ah, but they said that Fate’s mom might scold me/get angry at me if she sees/finds me. Oh well, I’ll just say ‘sorry’ if she finds me/that happens. Well then, the adventure begins!
Precia: Only just a little more, a little more! I’m missing some essential/vital component/piece! There must be a way, it’s theoretically possible!!
Arf: Oh, that’s Fate’s mom?
Precia: Who is it?
Arf: Um, er good evening, Fate’s mom. Um, I’m Fate’s familiar, Arf. Nice to meet to you, hope to get along with ya. Huh?! AH! Wha- what are you trying to do all of a sudden?
Precia: You’re very quick to react (fast on your feet). You’re more like a monkey than a wolf.
Arf: Arf is a wolf! Not a monkey!
Precia: When selecting/creating a familiar, you have to be careful with the raw material/base components. What a blunder/error by Linith, this is the limits/extent of Fate’s abilities/skills.
Arf: Linith is a good guy and Fate is amazing! She’s amazing at magic and she’s knows lots of stuff too! At night, she even sleeps with me!
Precia: Is the familiar confusing itself with a pet? Tell me, do you know the purpose/fate of a familiar?
Arf: Fate/Purpose?

Tags
music