AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-27, 13:06   Link #5181
Oslight
*Scanlator

Ah, screw it, IS is now a RomCom, the actual IS related things is just the sub-plot.

Last edited by Oslight; 2015-02-27 at 13:22.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 13:11   Link #5182
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And yet the Rom-Com is seriously failing. You yourself pointed out that they fall in love, do a 180, then it's the boot for them. Little to no development at all, and it doesn't make you feel emotionally invested in a girl t make you want to cheer for her.

The closest I got was Cecilia. Even though she felt pretty shallow at first. She got a bit better during cannonball fast. Sadly she reverted though so... DAMMIT IZURU! Rin during SIlver Gospel was also good.

Houki developments are the exceptions as everything that is supposed to improve the general outlook on her feels really cheap and handed out, kinda like her IS
Old 2015-02-27, 13:18   Link #5183
Oslight
*Scanlator

Well... at least she now acknowledges that illegal fishermen are also people.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 17:34   Link #5184
lovetospoon73

hey, do u guys think ichika is like the acadamy's conscious?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 09:45   Link #5185
tuckersister

Any word for the next volume or the author is in a slump?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 09:49   Link #5186
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

I wouldn't say he is the Academy's concious. The Harem does have values and morals, but their are sightly different from society's and easily twisted to achieve their goals. Like Houki, who would have let the illegal fishermen die to finish the fight with Silver Gospel.
In brief, Ichika is the normal one with the normal concious.
Old 2015-03-01, 15:31   Link #5187
lovetospoon73

so if he dies in the crossfire, everyone at the academy would go rogue
Old 2015-03-03, 17:36   Link #5188
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Not everyone. There's must be some normal people out there...
Yamada sensei is pretty much OK, though she'd follow Chifuyu to stop her from destroying the world. Because a world without Ichika is simply not the world at all.
Old 2015-03-03, 19:52   Link #5189
lovetospoon73

i was referring to the students only is what i meant to say
Old 2015-03-08, 04:04   Link #5190
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Chifuyu is strong because Ichika exists. Losing Ichika, causes her to lose her center, and that for a martial artist is equal to losing all your skill.

She'd be nothing, not even a dictator, if Ichika dies. Because unlike what comics teach you, you always become weaker to almost nothing in kung fu if you lose the foundation.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 12:35   Link #5191
lovetospoon73

Anyways, this is my opinion, as long ichika is the only guy thatcan pilot an IS unit, the academy is not right for him
Old 2015-03-08, 13:00   Link #5192
ImperialFlameGod8190

IS has two distinct weaknesses at a story. Many other minor ones but 2 distinct ones
1. Having a harem where there's literally zero indication or minimal indication of a "lead girl" or "end girl" is an absolutely foolish mistake especially when a harem ending is impossible because you get what you have which is a dense fool.
2. If you have number 1 you need to replace it with incredible action and a great storyline both of which IS has rather brilliantly failed to do.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 15:56   Link #5193
lovetospoon73

i know is this, (my opinion) before ichika came to the academy the girls didn't probably get along with each other, but when he came the girls became ya know what other countries leaders couldn't do stick together
Old 2015-03-08, 18:59   Link #5194
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
IS has two distinct weaknesses at a story. Many other minor ones but 2 distinct ones
1. Having a harem where there's literally zero indication or minimal indication of a "lead girl" or "end girl" is an absolutely foolish mistake especially when a harem ending is impossible because you get what you have which is a dense fool.
2. If you have number 1 you need to replace it with incredible action and a great storyline both of which IS has rather brilliantly failed to do.
Are you kidding me? 'Zero indication' of end girl? We've had several indications, it's just that it's not tastefully done. Several points supporting Houki:

1) First girl introduced, and also first girl to know Ichika in backstory - and LNs these days tend to have First Girl Win.

2) As shown in that VR arc, she knows Ichika better than others does (figuring out the fake).
2.5) Related, that is because Houki is portrayed in a way that she doesn't focus only on wanting Ichika to go all R18 on her *censored*. Look at the other girls' dreams such as Charlotte's for example >.>

3) She literally have the best support in getting Ichika out of all the girls, ie Tabane. A 4th Gen IS that's designed to be Ichika's best partner is miles ahead of what other girls can pull off as a country representative candidate, or in Tatenashi's case the actual country representative. But, well, given Ichika's denseness also extends to fighting to a extent so he doesn't choose Houki based on that, and Tabane isn't going to be able to help that.

On the flipside, I disagree not having a clear end girl is the issue in a story, it's having the protagonist being incredibly dense like Ichika is. There are many other stories out there that have a end girl settled from Vol1, to the point the end result has to be shoehorned in ignoring things like logic, much to the detriment of story. Those of you who have read my posts about the last few volumes in the Hidan no Aria LN thread might know what I'm talking about.

As for 'incredible action and a great storyline', well that's a given for most stories to be good No disagreement from me on this one.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 05:33   Link #5195
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Are you kidding me? 'Zero indication' of end girl? We've had several indications, it's just that it's not tastefully done. Several points supporting Houki:

1) First girl introduced, and also first girl to know Ichika in backstory - and LNs these days tend to have First Girl Win.

2) As shown in that VR arc, she knows Ichika better than others does (figuring out the fake).
2.5) Related, that is because Houki is portrayed in a way that she doesn't focus only on wanting Ichika to go all R18 on her *censored*. Look at the other girls' dreams such as Charlotte's for example >.>

3) She literally have the best support in getting Ichika out of all the girls, ie Tabane. A 4th Gen IS that's designed to be Ichika's best partner is miles ahead of what other girls can pull off as a country representative candidate, or in Tatenashi's case the actual country representative. But, well, given Ichika's denseness also extends to fighting to a extent so he doesn't choose Houki based on that, and Tabane isn't going to be able to help that.

On the flipside, I disagree not having a clear end girl is the issue in a story, it's having the protagonist being incredibly dense like Ichika is. There are many other stories out there that have a end girl settled from Vol1, to the point the end result has to be shoehorned in ignoring things like logic, much to the detriment of story. Those of you who have read my posts about the last few volumes in the Hidan no Aria LN thread might know what I'm talking about.

As for 'incredible action and a great storyline', well that's a given for most stories to be good No disagreement from me on this one.
heh you have a point about Houki and i can live with that. I'm a distinct believer that ichika's denseness is because of the fact he likes houki and he's aware that acting on his feelings would ruin the team dynamic

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 16:29   Link #5196
lovetospoon73

well ichika was the one that cause the girls to stick together, he's also can tear them up too (since they have feelings for the young orimura boy)
Old 2015-03-09, 16:57   Link #5197
lovetospoon73

does anyone has info about the LN series yet?
Old 2015-03-10, 07:26   Link #5198
darkofficer
just a devil

i remember one thing now there was a romance part

Spoiler for ....:

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 16:12   Link #5199
lovetospoon73

not unless count the failed seduction tactics from ichika's harem
Old 2015-03-10, 19:50   Link #5200
lovetospoon73

so basically ichika were able to give the girls a reason to stick together, he's also a reason for the girls to dismantle that bond

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen