AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 21
Perfect 10 6 6.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 6.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 28.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 8.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 8.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 4.60%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-27, 11:10   Link #41
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I thought this was possibly the best episode of Shippuden so far- partly because I think this is probably the best the manga has been so far. In particular, I liked how Sakura's dodging ability was explained, and seeing it come to full fruition later in the ep was cool. I also enjoyed the short clone fights. I even thought that the filler about the Kazekage was decent because it emphasized just how formidable an opponent Sasori is.
Old 2007-07-27, 11:22   Link #42
zanar

Send a message via MSN to zanar
I liked the episode. The pacing and all was good, and I hope it remains this way, especially if next week's episode is an hour long. Also, I was a bit surprised that Sasori was able to kill the Sand's strongest Kage when he was about 16(?) years old.

My main problems with this episode is the animation quality. I felt that Sasori looked too plastic, almost like a doll. And Kankuro was also not very well animated. He reminded me of a goldfish everytime he opened his mouth to speak.

It's not that I'm trying to nitpick. I like this episode, and I hope the episodes after this will be similar. Those are just problems I thought I'd share.

zanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 11:24   Link #43
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Funny you should say that Sasori looked like a doll... xD
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 12:38   Link #44
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanar View Post
I liked the episode. The pacing and all was good, and I hope it remains this way, especially if next week's episode is an hour long. Also, I was a bit surprised that Sasori was able to kill the Sand's strongest Kage when he was about 16(?) years old.

My main problems with this episode is the animation quality. I felt that Sasori looked too plastic, almost like a doll. And Kankuro was also not very well animated. He reminded me of a goldfish everytime he opened his mouth to speak.

It's not that I'm trying to nitpick. I like this episode, and I hope the episodes after this will be similar. Those are just problems I thought I'd share.

I think Sasori was very well animated. You'll know why Sasori is so young. But I agreed for Kankuro and Temari also. But anyway I dont really care. haha.
Old 2007-07-27, 13:21   Link #45
Hydex

They should really rename this anime "Dumbass Naruto : Shippûden"
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 13:52   Link #46
Willowwhisp

- Naruto, like others have said, has been severely downgraded to a ridiculously useless level. "Give him back you bastard" "Damn it" "Give him back" looped a lot.

- Temari and the Sand filler, yawn. Even the story about the 3rd Kazekage could've been explained elsewhere (by Sasori or Chiyo to Sakura for example).

Good points though:

- The clone flights looked nice.

- The animations in the Chiyo/Sakura and Sasori fight were good.

- I like Sasori's appearance and VA. Perfect effect, makes him come off as eerie.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 13:56   Link #47
captzork

Who would have thought that is was going to end up being a puppet vs a live puppet fight? I never would have guessed that granny was controlling Sakura. That fight was simple crazy to know that Sakura willing allowed her self to be turned into a living puppet.

As for Sasori, he must have used his preserving technique to keep his looks so that he look like his own creations. Or Orochimaru used his shedding jetsu on Sasori as a test subject (might explain why the 2 are no longer partners). Those are my two guesses why Sasori still likes young.

As for the clones fight, if they know what there weakness is, then so does the clone. If you tried going for that weakness your clone would already know where to block. i think the way to beat the clones is to switch who your fighting. E.G. Lee starts fighting Ten Ten clone and Ten Ten fights lee clone. If they do that then they might have a chance at winning.

Now for for Naruto's fight. He just needs to shut the hell up and just get caught so that he can get killed off if he is just going to be a whinny bitch. If your going to get Gaara then get him back. Don't just stand there and act like someone just made you drop your ice cream. So get some balls and fight like a man.
captzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 14:29   Link #48
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Sakura looked kind of sexy on the ground...
I noticed that, too. Oo
Yeah, the episode was good, I don´t know what´s up with you guys about that 5min filler....i found it pretty interesting, since it isn´t shown in the manga.

Impressive. Fake-Kun.^^ just too good
Old 2007-07-27, 14:36   Link #49
zanar

Send a message via MSN to zanar
Actually, I meant it to mean that Sasori looked like a Barbie Doll. Too shiny and doll-like. I don't know how to explain beyond that lol.

Oh, and I have a theory. Sasori said Orochimaru was his partner before he left Akatsuki(that's my impression of what he said anyway), so isn't it possible that Orochimaru taught him a few tricks on how to stay young?

And while I'm on this topic, isn't it strange how ONLY Jiraiya, of the Sannin is showing his age?

zanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 14:36   Link #50
Maxtro

I greatly enjoyed this episode and I felt it was very well balanced. The story time part where the old man talked about the 3rd Kazekage was needed to increase the impact when Sasori revealed that he killed the kazekage and turned him into a puppet.

I wish I could learn the technique to control girls using my chakra
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:12   Link #51
k0p4n

i guess the only time it will get better is if they started using the ost music from the first naruto ost
dum dum dum dum da dum dum
u know
that drum stuff that gets ur hopes high during the episode
like during the zabuza fights and when they were fighting oro's minions with the cursed seals
ahha...man i missed those days
k0p4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:52   Link #52
captzork

Quote:
Oh, and I have a theory. Sasori said Orochimaru was his partner before he left Akatsuki(that's my impression of what he said anyway), so isn't it possible that Orochimaru taught him a few tricks on how to stay young?
Maybe it could be a combination of un willing test subject and what zanar said.

Quote:
And while I'm on this topic, isn't it strange how ONLY Jiraiya, of the Sannin is showing his age?
It could be because he likes to chase young women, drink HEAVILY, and write crappy romance novels that he does focus on looking young. That, or he just doesn't care.
captzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:57   Link #53
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Umm first post here in the Naruto sub-forum XD, probably will be my only one ^^;; Just have to say that I dont remember Sasori being so HOT in the manga (yes Im shallow) Nice animation, nice seiyuu for him, nice fight.....so why was there 10+ mins of Temari's group!! Ruined most of the epi for me, I just skipped to the end to see the fight!

Ok Im gone again
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:34   Link #54
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Good ep. Actually, the episode that got me the most impressed.

I'm beginning to like Sakura abit more now. The part when she said she had a bunch of questions to Sasori was nice.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:54   Link #55
Riku540

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanar
My main problems with this episode is the animation quality. I felt that Sasori looked too plastic, almost like a doll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanar
Actually, I meant it to mean that Sasori looked like a Barbie Doll. Too shiny and doll-like. I don't know how to explain beyond that lol.
Hmmm... >.>

Spoiler:
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 19:09   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah have to say that bit with Temari's group was a bit annoying. Yes we get it she's worried and now we're going to sit through a story from grandpa. Kind've just flew through that bit though I'm sure it was very exciting. Guess when your trying to kill time things can get a bit annoying (the Naruto saying the same things over and over again).

Don't think there is a simple solution to the mirror fight. If you flipped fighters then your still in a difficult position. Say Lee beats the fake Ten-Ten, doesn't that leave hte real Ten-Ten getting beaten to hell by the fake Lee? Unless you can manage to arrange the fighters in a group that they can all win their fights. Or have it so one will be at a disadvantage but can hold out while the others finish up and come to help. But of course I doubt the fakes will just sit pat while they all run to a central location to trade off.

Did like the plan of using strings to move Sakura. It's combining hte experience with the ability of Sakura to make a good combination. Though against Sasori this is going to be tough. Actually having the 3rd Kazekage as a puppet. Seeing the thousand hand move and the poison which we know is very dangerous....things are going to be really tough for Sakura and Chiyo to hold out.

(And yes Sakura did look pretty sexy there )
Old 2007-07-27, 20:15   Link #57
BlackShinobi07

The last five or seven miutes of this episode actually reminded me of part one. Now, If they can manage to do this for 20-35 whole minutes, that would be AWESOME!

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-28 at 01:57.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 20:55   Link #58
EoT
~~

I enjoyed the last 5 minutes, where Sasori and co started to really fight, the fight scene actually seemed like old fights we've seen. Like even when Chiyo used Hikiro's tail to protect Sakura, that looked pretty good.

Bad parts about the episode were the pointless filler (im sick and tired of watching a fight then filler appear, ruins the mood) and the fact they are making Naruto look really retarded, his personality has really sunk to the bottom.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 22:06   Link #59
Kona-Fanboy
Kona-Chan! <3

Naruto looks weak now <_< Less chatting, more fighting please
Kona-Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 22:14   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He first need to catch up with Deidara, then Deidara decide to toy with him, then Kakashi need to save him, Kakashi then will be in danger, Naruto would be pissed again (not that he cooled down with the pissing on Gaara - so double pissing ), Naruto do Kage Bunshin, kage bunshin goes poof, Naruto goes Rasengan.. etcetc

Yep, still a long way before a good fight

Spoiler:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote