Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 07:00   Link #241
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nah... She gets an appearance, but plays only a minor role...

If you haven't read it, I really suggest reading the manga. Not only is the adaption done well, but you get to see characters like Alicia and Seles in anime/manga designs instead of the usual field avatars. Plus, the Zelos/Seles chapter in the EX volume of the manga was a really wonderful read (and a bit original, in a good way).
since I haven't played the game yet, I'll wait to see. after I beat the game, I'll read the manga, if characters feel OOC especially the original cast. I'll probably end up dropping it
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:54   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
since I haven't played the game yet, I'll wait to see. after I beat the game, I'll read the manga, if characters feel OOC especially the original cast. I'll probably end up dropping it
Just making sure, but I'm talking about the Tales of Symphonia (first game) manga, not a Ratatosk manga. You have played that, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 10:12   Link #243
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
you get to see characters like Alicia and Seles in anime/manga designs instead of the usual field avatars
The field avatars are already in anime/manga designs.
Old 2008-11-11, 13:18   Link #244
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The field avatars are already in anime/manga designs.
Like the full body (almost) pictures in the profile, I mean. You can't get a good look at them when they are just in their avatars. What would be a better way of saying it... Hmm, instead of having to look at them in 3-D, the manga gives you everything in wonderful 2-D! I guess...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-11, 15:12   Link #245
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Just making sure, but I'm talking about the Tales of Symphonia (first game) manga, not a Ratatosk manga. You have played that, right?
The manga for the first game sucks, I dropped it.

It might've been good if I never played the game and became such a hardcore fan. The art was decent enough, though. There was too many changes to the character developments that I didn't like.
Old 2008-11-12, 03:56   Link #246
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
TotA and ToV have both a main and a oneshot/extra hap too, with[I think] TotA being about Ion and ToV being about Flynn. I even recall someone mentioning a ToL oneshot with a young Chloe, but I never found any indication of it's existance.

This game comes out tomorrow and I'll be picking it up right after school. Can't wait .

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-12 at 04:15.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 06:15   Link #247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

so far the game is good. I've only put 5hrs in so I can't say 100%, enjoying the battle system. And goddamn this game is hard... I've game over'd like 10x's already... >_>
Old 2008-11-12, 06:24   Link #248
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka View Post
so far the game is good. I've only put 5hrs in so I can't say 100%, enjoying the battle system. And goddamn this game is hard... I've game over'd like 10x's already... >_>
How did you get it already? It's not due in stores til today :<.

Is it better than Vesperia?

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-12 at 07:11.
Old 2008-11-12, 09:12   Link #249
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Are the skits voiced in the english version... oh and how's the voice acting?
Old 2008-11-12, 15:00   Link #250
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Are the skits voiced in the english version... oh and how's the voice acting?
All the skits are voiced. The voices are pretty decent. Marta's voice was better than I thought. Emil is meh, but fits his whinny personality though. I'm just happy that VA's like Terra Strong and Jennifer Hale are back! they did a great job on Presea and Sheena.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:34   Link #251
NoLongerSane

So what were the extras for loading the original TOS game?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:32   Link #252
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
So what were the extras for loading the original TOS game?
Just money and heal items. Its random though. But that's what I got. 10,000 Gald and 15 of each type of heal item.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:42   Link #253
NoLongerSane

Thank you for the info. I was reading the boards over at Gamefaqs and they were saying the same thing about the items being random. I read that it ranges from gels to stat boost items. I wonder if it has to do with how many hours you put in the first game.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:40   Link #254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I was reading the boards over at Gamefaqs and they were saying the same thing about the items being random. I read that it ranges from gels to stat boost items. I wonder if it has to do with how many hours you put in the first game.
I don't think so, cause you don't choose a file. I believe you can reset and reload until you get the "set" you want.
Old 2008-11-12, 18:05   Link #255
frubam
simp for Lyria

Laura Bailey voicing Marta is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! She's my favorite eng VA. She did Tohru off of Fruits Basket(hint: my username) and Sana on Kodocha and I just <3 her! And I thought I was gonna hate Bosch. Well, his sissy voice really sucks, but he sounds pretty good in battle.
Old 2008-11-12, 20:40   Link #256
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Laura Bailey voicing Marta is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! She's my favorite eng VA. She did Tohru off of Fruits Basket(hint: my username) and Sana on Kodocha and I just <3 her! And I thought I was gonna hate Bosch. Well, his sissy voice really sucks, but he sounds pretty good in battle.
I'll have to agree she does do a good job as Marta. I would've liked to hear Rie though, especially since Marta is romantically aggressive.
Old 2008-11-12, 23:35   Link #257
NoLongerSane

Just a few questions I want to ask about the monster catching and evolving? Besides the sword dancer, are there any other monsters that are from other Tales series that are in this game. From what I have heard, there is one from Rebirth and one from the Abyss games that make it in here. Also, which of the monsters are very effective in a fight?
Old 2008-11-12, 23:42   Link #258
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Just a few questions I want to ask about the monster catching and evolving? Besides the sword dancer, are there any other monsters that are from other Tales series that are in this game. From what I have heard, there is one from Rebirth and one from the Abyss games that make it in here. Also, which of the monsters are very effective in a fight?
no idea... don't have a complete list of monsters... maybe I should get the guide.
Old 2008-11-13, 00:11   Link #259
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*stretch*
Finally finished the story...
It was surprisingly touching, even with that sudden plot device at the end for the... err, what was it, true(?) ending.
Spoiler for a tad bit thoughts on story:

If only this game was more Tales like, I might have bought it... Hah... And seriously, put in some animation.

Now then... Done with this. Guess I'll go watch Vesperia next.

Old 2008-11-13, 18:05   Link #260
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
*stretch*
Finally finished the story...
It was surprisingly touching, even with that sudden plot device at the end for the... err, what was it, true(?) ending.
Spoiler for a tad bit thoughts on story:

If only this game was more Tales like, I might have bought it... Hah... And seriously, put in some animation.

Now then... Done with this. Guess I'll go watch Vesperia next.

You should probably give on video games on consoles then. As nowadays finding 2d games is only possible on handhelds and PC.