AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 58 Rating
Perfect 10 25 48.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 18:13   Link #21
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Yes, those are mini-Bradleys. And even a a scrap of King Badass is a handful. They are tougher than they look - have been training all their life, nothing else.
And Roy can't just combust the whole room with everyone running around.

Edit for post below:
Exactly they won right away - what does that tell you? Mini-Bradleys > Our Heroes XD
Even when you calculate that they were surprised, they were overwhelmed. The Bradleys are also very fast.
Old 2010-05-24, 18:13   Link #22
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well he can't really be blowing things up there with everyone around. And those oldires are far superior to dolls. While he might be burnng one soldier, others won't let him be.
You do remember the ridiculous precision he had when he burned the dolls, don't you?
There is no hell of a way he could have problems with those wannabe-bradley.
The problem here is that in the manga the fighting doesn't take place. As soon as they go inside the room the doctor activates the circle.
The anime staff wanted to make this battle longer for don't know what reason so they put the fight, which clearly is done poorly (from the coherence point of view).

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-05-24, 18:19   Link #23
kitten320

As I said those are brainless dolls and those are possible candidates for further's place. If things would be so easy, Roy could have blown up Bradley long time ago with everyone else.

Roy is cool and strong but not to such extend.

And the reason why things got stretched is because they must hold somehow until last chapter is released.
Old 2010-05-24, 18:26   Link #24
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
You do remember the ridiculous precision he had when he burned the dolls, don't you?
The problem here is that in the manga the fighting doesn't take place. As soon as they go inside the room the doctor activates the circle.
The anime staff wanted to make this battle longer for don't know what reason so they put the fight, which clearly is done poorly (from the coherence point of view).
IThe rejects are pretty fast and they're swinging around swords, and everyone's moving around, so I don't think Roy had the time to attempt any explosions... As we all know Roy's not much of a hand-to-hand combatant.

Bradley is very fast, and so are his rejects. Just keep that in mind for future reference.
Old 2010-05-24, 19:04   Link #25
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I was expecting a more vicious attack from Greed/Lynn but still the action scenes were acceptable. Now Mustang is in a vexing situation, letting Riza die just like that will screw him in the head so it seems almost certain that he'll end up opening the gate.

Makes u wonder what he will have to lose when he opens the gate... Izumi lost part of her guts, Al n Ed the obvious... if Mustang were to lose his fingers he'd be screwed. Well.... nothing that automail can't remedy.

Gosh.. Winry's auto-mail business is recession proof I tell ya!
Old 2010-05-24, 20:53   Link #26
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

no riza
Old 2010-05-24, 21:16   Link #27
speez

Quote:
The anime has done a poor job of showing the viewer how dangerous the mini Bradley are. They are fast (didn't one deflect bullets with his sword?), smart and know how to fight. And remember how long Mustang sat there against the room full of dolls and calculate the room engulfing flame so it didn't hit his allies?

Just take it what it is, they are too fast and they aren't giving him the time he needs to make precise flame attacks.
Old 2010-05-24, 21:42   Link #28
Vicious108

Quote:
Don't forget that Roy's precision against the dolls wasn't nearly as ridiculous in the manga either.
Old 2010-05-24, 22:12   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was awesome. But once they started talking about the next sacrifice I knew it'd be Mustang and I feared the worst. Sad what happened with Fu and Buccaneer too.
Old 2010-05-24, 23:22   Link #30
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP57 thoughts

1. Why those Brigg's soldiers & Dog Soldiers are fighting each other? Probably they fighting against Bradley's men?

2. Somebody put that goldtooth guy up to this! How could they killed Riza! That lousy SOB!

3. How did Hoenheim got inside by the Blob inside the flash?

4. I can't believe both Fu & Captain Bucaneer died!

PS - Ran Fan, why don't you take off your mask to see your true face?

I'm eager to see what happens NEXT. It's going to get worst to me. I mean they are doomed...

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-05-24 at 23:38.
Old 2010-05-24, 23:56   Link #31
klare

by the look of the preview for eps 59, Mustang will open the door too...

oh the whole-body-with-eyes "Father" does not look scary, instead he looks a bit funny
Old 2010-05-25, 01:35   Link #32
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

oh the whole-body-with-eyes "Father" does not look scary, instead he looks a bit funny
Father is not supposed to look scary. He's supposed to look menacing, dangerous, powerful, and alien. His children were supposed to look grotesque and scary.

Father considers himself a demi-god and near perfection since he cast away his "humanity" as children named after seven deadly sins.
Old 2010-05-25, 03:14   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
How could they killed Riza!
Rather then 'killed' she's in the process of dying.
Old 2010-05-25, 04:02   Link #34
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn this is one of the toughest cliffhangers the series has thrown at us. I mean we are actually supposed to wait a week to find out what happens!? Mustang is pretty much put in a terrible situation and doesn't have many choices. Even if he does it the cost will be tremendously high. I doubt he'll luck out like Ed and only have to hand over a limb. Not that losing a limb is easy, but there are certainly worse things.

Things are looking pretty bad below the city. Ed and company are captured and Hawkeye is bleeding out.
It's just one week compared to the whole month of speculating/waiting/freaking-out readers of the manga went through.

...I don't want to spoil anything, so it's safe to say that Truth-kun masters irony.(?)

Back to the topic, I technically bawled at Buccanear's death and I think it was better done than in the manga.
Or it is that I am generally weak when it comes to character deaths....
(Fu, RIP.)
Old 2010-05-25, 05:19   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was really looking forward to how they handle this particular page in the anime:

Spoiler for space:

And I was a bit disappointed. He didn't look quite as evil and intense in the anime.
well there's always that one short scene in the OP you can always reflect on
Old 2010-05-25, 08:31   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I was expecting a more vicious attack from Greed/Lynn but still the action scenes were acceptable. Now Mustang is in a vexing situation, letting Riza die just like that will screw him in the head so it seems almost certain that he'll end up opening the gate.

Makes u wonder what he will have to lose when he opens the gate... Izumi lost part of her guts, Al n Ed the obvious... if Mustang were to lose his fingers he'd be screwed. Well.... nothing that automail can't remedy.

Gosh.. Winry's auto-mail business is recession proof I tell ya!
As far as I know Izumi doesn't have automailed insides
So not everything can be fixed
Old 2010-05-25, 10:38   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

First of all Miyano's acting as Ling was brillant! This is why Ill only ever be able to hear Ling as him. Fullmetal Greed () was a nice sight as well since (and not comparing of course) we see him more like that in the 1st anime.

Ok question, with no spoilers of course, so the higher ups set up the Promised Day without actually having 5 sacrifices? Obviously we knew who the 4 were but aside from their evil plan to get Roy to do it, really this was there only plan? I guess from a storyline stand point you could say, well they knew this would all happen, but still since I dont know what happens, I dont know if Roy is gonna open the gate, it just seems like a high priced bet on Father's part. To me since this had bee planned for who knows how long they were have made sure to have 5 in the first place. Of course less dramatics for us then
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-25, 10:44   Link #38
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
First of all Miyano's acting as Ling was brillant! This is why Ill only ever be able to hear Ling as him. Fullmetal Greed () was a nice sight as well since (and not comparing of course) we see him more like that in the 1st anime.
Question, does it remind me of Setsuna F Seiei during gundam 00 days (He could make a seiyuu joke of these because he was in 00 as set himself)?

<--- PS - are you guys recoqnized this avatar? This is Regene Regetta wearing Edward's outfit because her VA was same in 00 as well as an Innovator, Regene Regetta.
Old 2010-05-25, 11:00   Link #39
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Question, does it remind me of Setsuna F Seiei during gundam 00 days (He could make a seiyuu joke of these because he was in 00 as set himself)?

<--- PS - are you guys recoqnized this avatar? This is Regene Regetta wearing Edward's outfit because her VA was same in 00 as well as an Innovator, Regene Regetta.
I LOLed that Greed-Ling(Greedling or GreeLin?) are voiced by Miyano Mamoru and Nakamura Yuuichi.
少年!ようやくお前とひとつになった!
Anyone getting this joke?

Wait I just realized that half of the Gundam 00 cast is in Brotherhood...
Old 2010-05-25, 11:39   Link #40
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
PS - Ran Fan, why don't you take off your mask to see your true face?

I'm eager to see what happens NEXT. It's going to get worst to me. I mean they are doomed...
I was thinking the same exact thing! Cute girls shouldn't wear masks like that.

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

He doesn't look that scary. He's too...round, maybe? But yeah, it doesn't look that scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Ok question, with no spoilers of course, so the higher ups set up the Promised Day without actually having 5 sacrifices? Obviously we knew who the 4 were but aside from their evil plan to get Roy to do it, really this was there only plan? I guess from a storyline stand point you could say, well they knew this would all happen, but still since I dont know what happens, I dont know if Roy is gonna open the gate, it just seems like a high priced bet on Father's part. To me since this had bee planned for who knows how long they were have made sure to have 5 in the first place. Of course less dramatics for us then
I don't think it was that big of a gamble. It was pretty a given that if you hurt Riza, Roy would open the gate without anyone telling him. I'm surprised they talked so much. One sword in her neck and he would have snapped and done it all by himself.