AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 15:09   Link #61
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Believe me, when I saw the news that Kenshin is coming back and the Jinchu Arc would be animated, I was jumping in joy. Bring back the older popular titles and remake them is a very good idea. Right now, they are more enjoyable than most of the newer stuff except few of them. But seeing Kenshin and friends will bring back so many memories of younger days.
Old 2011-04-18, 15:12   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Believe me, when I saw the news that Kenshin is coming back and the Jinchu Arc would be animated, I was jumping in joy. Bring back the older popular titles and remake them is a very good idea. Right now, they are more enjoyable than most of the newer stuff except few of them. But seeing Kenshin and friends will bring back so many memories of younger days.
Don't jinx it - we don't specifically know that "Jinchu" is being animated yet! As someone half-jokingly suggested, it could still end up being "The New Adventures of Kenji" or something like that...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 15:27   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fantastic news.

I had never seen the redesigns posted a few pages back before. Some of them are pretty damn nice. I seriously doubt they'll be used in the new anime adaptation though.
Old 2011-04-18, 15:41   Link #64
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It's the Jinchuu Arc anime sequel or the complete reboot that fans find better ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 16:39   Link #65
Destinyblade

While this announcement has me excited too, it does say "anime project" and not "TV Series." So this could end up being anything: a TV series reboot, an anime original OVA, or maybe even multiple movies depicting the Jinchuu Arc.

A complete reboot would be nice, but I think that's unlikely unless Rurouni Kenshin changes broadcasters. Fuji TV doesn't air anime on primetime anymore with the exceptions of the ever popular Chibi Maruko-chan and Sazae-san; they even moved One Piece out of the evenings because of dipping ratings. So where would a Kenshin remake air? I think it's more likely that this will end up being something like Inuyasha: The Final Act, where the last portion of the series gets animated, or maybe a series of OVAs or movies covering that final arc. Of course, it's also possible this could have nothing to do with the original manga (I hope not).

Whatever this ends up being, I'd like Studio Gallop to return and animate this, though I doubt that'll happen. I guess Gallop gave the rights up to DEEN when they started airing that season of fillers, so DEEN probably will end up doing this. That doesn't get me excited, but maybe they can pull off something decent. After all, Aniplex is likely to be involved, so they should have a much larger budget to use than what they're accustomed to.

I can't wait to hear more news soon. There could be some very interesting stuff coming up soon: Blood-C, possibly a new Gundam, and now this.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 17:40   Link #66
DarkLordOfkichiku

Glorious news! .

Hoping for the Jinchuu arc, but I guess I shouldn't be too optimistic before hearing more...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 20:06   Link #67
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I can't see Kenshin with today's Japanese music (e.g. UVERworld + Kenshin would make me vomit). The original openings and closings are forever engrained in my head.

That said, I'd welcome either a remaking or continuation (Jinchu), if they could do it as well as Brotherhood did.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 20:14   Link #68
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I can't see Kenshin with today's Japanese music (e.g. UVERworld + Kenshin would make me vomit).
There's Always Abingdon Boys School for it.
Old 2011-04-18, 21:45   Link #69
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Rurouni Kenshin was the first anime I ever watched, even before the Pokemon anime. Thus, I owe it a lot for the anime fan I am now. The best parts have persevered over the years and I still consider it a great anime if I ignore the filler and padding.

Hopefully, this will be a remake like what happened with FMA. The Tokyo arc in the original series was mostly quite bad, with several random stories that I couldn't give a darn about. One case in point: the sumo wrestler story was simply awful. Even the stories which introduced the main characters felt weak at a few points. As I didn't read the manga, I'm not sure how much of the Tokyo arc was filler and how much was taken from the manga. If the new anime is a remake, I hope it can improve on this arc and cut out the worst and most pointless parts.

Now the Kyoto arc was where the original anime really hit its stride and became a memorable series. To see it adapted well with updated animation would be glorious. And of course, whether it's a full remake or not, the remake should include the final arc, which I still haven't read in the manga and maybe won't even need a reason to read if the new anime is good enough.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:23   Link #70
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Good news that there going to be more Kenshin but I havnt even watch all of the first one yet
Old 2011-04-18, 22:40   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hopefully, this will be a remake like what happened with FMA. The Tokyo arc in the original series was mostly quite bad, with several random stories that I couldn't give a darn about. One case in point: the sumo wrestler story was simply awful. Even the stories which introduced the main characters felt weak at a few points. As I didn't read the manga, I'm not sure how much of the Tokyo arc was filler and how much was taken from the manga. If the new anime is a remake, I hope it can improve on this arc and cut out the worst and most pointless parts.

Now the Kyoto arc was where the original anime really hit its stride and became a memorable series. To see it adapted well with updated animation would be glorious. And of course, whether it's a full remake or not, the remake should include the final arc, which I still haven't read in the manga and maybe won't even need a reason to read if the new anime is good enough.
I actually quite like the first season in Tokyo. It's clearly not the equal of the Kyoto Arc but I think it was consistently good. There's actually not much filler to it, from what I recall.

No matter what the new animation turns out to be, you should read the manga. It's one of the very best of all-time.
Old 2011-04-18, 22:52   Link #72
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's clearly not the equal of the Kyoto Arc but I think it was consistently good. There's actually not much filler to it, from what I recall.
It's filler-heavy, actually. At least a good half of it, possibly more. Even the canon stuff is changed from the manga, especially Raijuuta's mini arc. Heck, not to mention annoying filler characters often popping up.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:54   Link #73
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Only the Kyoto arc is free of filler, and even it drags things on a bit. The original manga gets long-winded at many points. The entire story doesn't need to be that long, but compared to the anime the manga's very fast-paced.

If only the Jinchuu arc is animated, I'll have to go find decent copies of the original anime and sort out which episodes I can throw away based on what didn't appear in the manga...

Edit: Also please for the love of the FSM bring back the original composer. The RK anime had some beautiful acoustic guitar tracks! The whole soundtrack was wonderful.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:20   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Kyoto Arc...drags? Wow.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:29   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Edit: Also please for the love of the FSM bring back the original composer. The RK anime had some beautiful acoustic guitar tracks! The whole soundtrack was wonderful.
If this is in fact a reboot/remake, then high chances are we'll see a new composer. If that happens, i hope fans of the original won't block it out just because it's not the same.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:49   Link #76
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hope when Kenshin goes to slice through the sword collector its not a reverse bladed sword. I want to see him turn into the Batousai more
Old 2011-04-18, 23:50   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Hope when Kenshin goes to slice through the sword collector its not a reverse bladed sword. I want to see him turn into the Batousai more
Don't hold your breath on that one.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:52   Link #78
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
I'm pretty sure the point of the series is for Kenshin to avoid that.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:06   Link #79
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Here are the Redesigns
Kaoru looks too moe....I don't know what happened.
Old 2011-04-19, 00:15   Link #80
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

if the character designs are really going to be that different, I'd probably see this more as a re-imagining of Rurouni Kenshin then a remake ala Fullmetal Alchemiest: Brotherhood.

Tags
action, historical, shounen