AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-01-08, 00:33   Link #1
Ducati_nut

Question Computer cases ATX/mATX

I have simple questions regarding computer cases. I was looking for a new case and I noticed that some ATX cases claimed to be compatible with mATX motherboards. Will a standard ATX case have all the necessary mounting locations for a micro ATX motherboard? Are all ATX cases compatible with mATX motherboards?
Ducati_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 07:04   Link #2
Esperchld
Photographer

I have seen some that don't have mount points for mATX boards, but most seem to have them. If you have your doubts order it in person, and inspect the case yourself. If you don't want to do this, how much extra is peace of mind worth to you?
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 11:25   Link #3
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Another way is to take down the model name and do a internet search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
I have seen some that don't have mount points for mATX boards, but most seem to have them. If you have your doubts order it in person, and inspect the case yourself. If you don't want to do this, how much extra is peace of mind worth to you?
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 16:17   Link #4
Liddo
wheeeee!~

Send a message via AIM to Liddo Send a message via MSN to Liddo Send a message via Yahoo to Liddo
compatability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Another way is to take down the model name and do a internet search.
most ATX fitted towers can fit the Matx types.... and if u cant... all u have to do is take a drill and drill the hole for it.. .. mark holes for the Matx board areas... (most likely all u will have to drill is the 2 bottom holes near the PCI cards) drill the holes.. put the copper props in.. and then screw it in.. and voila u have ur matx in your tower now.
Liddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 15:51   Link #5
ameoba

Send a message via ICQ to ameoba Send a message via AIM to ameoba Send a message via Yahoo to ameoba
A compliant ATX case should support an mATX board. The problem is that, if the case isn't quite compliant, a mATX board has less mounting holes and might not be mounted right & doesn't have any 'backup' holes.

The mATX standard essentially defines a mATX board to be the 'north' side of a full ATX board.
ameoba is offline   Reply With Quote