AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-01, 09:17   Link #121
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
All you need is one admiral and a few marine ships to buster call the hell out of Amazon Lily and it's over. The Kuja tribe don't stand any chance against that.
While i don't agree you most of the time they could most likely hold out vs BC call for a while , Don't forget it in clam belt seas kings can attack even worst from all the cannon noise. Who knows how many people on AL , they could shoot down cannon balls with there haki arrows this is a nation full of pirates . They have some damage but just stick one place to try and kept everyone alive.

But all you need to get rid of AL is a admiral any one would do just fine.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:24   Link #122
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
While i don't agree you most of the time they could most likely hold out vs BC call for a while , Don't forget it in clam belt seas kings can attack even worst from all the cannon noise. Who know how many people on AL they could shoot down cannon balls with there haki arrows this is a nation full of pirates .

But all you need to get rid of AL is a admiral any one would do just find.
The sea kings wouldn't pose any threat whatsoever if an admiral is there. An admiral would make everything else look like cannon fodder. Also, the Kujas wouldn't be able to handle all of that cannon ball fire coming quickly and at multiple angles.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:27   Link #123
andy

Quote:
The sea kings wouldn't pose any threat whatsoever if an admiral is there. An admiral would make everything else look like cannon fodder. Also, the Kujas wouldn't be able to handle all of that cannon ball fire coming quickly and at multiple angles.
You don't even need ships if a admiral comes just him alone could do the job . But if it just a BC i think they can hold out for a while. AL is not like any other nation yes they have small children and old people but a nation full of people you can use haki and fight. If it only a BC depends on how much sea kings come it could be a problem for them after a while.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:34   Link #124
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You don't even need ships if a admiral comes just him alone could do the job . But if it just a BC i think they can hold out for a while. AL is not like any other nation yes they have small children and old people but nation full of people you can use haki and fight.
Well, the admiral has to get there some way, right? Considering that there's a vast ocean out there and that all 3 are devil fruit users, some kind of transportation is essential. Aokiji, however, can just go there on his bike since since he makes a trail of ice as he rides it. Even if he were to be in danger of falling into the ocean, he can just do Ice Age and problem solved.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:02   Link #125
seiji_kun

Quote:
I did not lay words in your mouth i said she too strong or broken to join the crew you said she not broken or over powerd enough to join the crew , Well she would have to be weak to join a rookie crew if the captain is luffy who only getting his ass save so far in the war. Plus nothing we seen in manga so far shows she's around the level of the SH . Also there has never been the a SH to join crew stronger than luffy. Unless you think luffy stronger than her.
You do when you say I say she's weak when I haven't even remotely said anything a like. Luffy is strong, it's not cause he got raped bye Kuma when he was exhausted and Magellan at ID and the admirals before that he suddenly becomes weak.

And I already said that I think Luffy, Smoker and Hancock are around the same strength. Zoro is also around Luffy's strength which makes Boa if she joins bye my reasoning just be around their strength. The only difference is that Smoker has his natural advantage of beeing logia which makes him unhittable for most opponents. If Luffy would just be able to hit him I think he has a fair chance against him though I do think Smoker is still the superior one of the three

Quote:
Quote:
Well, the admiral has to get there some way, right? Considering that there's a vast ocean out there and that all 3 are devil fruit users, some kind of transportation is essential. Aokiji, however, can just go there on his bike since since he makes a trail of ice as he rides it. Even if he were to be in danger of falling into the ocean, he can just do Ice Age and problem solved.
Of course you have to use the most haxed person available. Since when have we seen an admiral actively participating a buster call? And if you exclude Ao Kiji, all they have to do is fire some haki arrows at their battleships and make sure the sea giants surface and they are already having a rough enough time making it not worth the trouble. Sea giants + rain of haki arrows > cannons.

I highly doubt the admirals will be used for an island that won't threaten their balance or is creating some chaos in parts of the world. Those admirals will be needed in much more important places. And I wonder if the admirals who are logia would even have it that easy against a nation full of haki users. And if you'd immediately use the most extreme measures bye sending an admiral or several admirals or buster calling it or buster call + admiral, yeah then everything becomes easy to solve.

However, why haven't they done it with Jaya which was a lawless island that a vice-admiral could have even sorted out in a day or with all those islands that the revolutionists are conquering? Probably cause those admirals and even those vice-admirals have more important issues to deal with. So again, I doubt AL will ever rank that high on their treat meter to waste the amount of men or high officials that you are suggesting.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:10   Link #126
kakakka

I think the chapter is nice. I really liked how the confrontation between Luffy and Smoker went. It looked awesome.

It's nice to see Hancock kick Smoker to save Luffy. It seems Luffy and Hancock are alike in some way, that they don't care about "rules" just to save their close friends. Well, Hancock's motivation is more to the selfish side, but still almost the same. Though got to wonder what will happen to AL after this war.

The good thing about these recent chapters is that even with (main) characters talking to each other, you don't lose the feeling of something chaotic(?) is going on around. Nice to see something like that here.

Quote:
Since when have we seen an admiral actively participating a buster call?
In that archipelago arc, Kizaru(?) wrecked the rookies (well most of them) after being summoned by a buster call, if I'm not wrong.

Quote:
I highly doubt the admirals will be used for an island that won't threaten their balance or is creating some chaos in parts of the world.
Quote:
I wonder if the admirals who are logia would even have it that easy against a nation full of haki users.
I think that's enough threat?
Old 2009-10-01, 10:21   Link #127
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And if you exclude Ao Kiji, all they have to do is fire some haki arrows at their battleships and make sure the sea giants surface and they are already having a rough enough time making it not worth the trouble. Sea giants + rain of haki arrows > cannons.
If Kizaru is standing on his ship, he can shoot lazers at the island repeatedly and that would be the end of it. Akainu can have a molten lava meteor shower rain down on the island and game over. Amazon Lily and the sea kings don't present any threat to the admirals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
So again, I doubt AL will ever rank that high on their treat meter to waste the amount of men or high officials that you are suggesting.
It's not about ranking high on the threat meter, but rather dealing out a punishment to Hancock and her nation all because of her defiance. She's helping out one of the worst criminals opposing the WG right now, and that cannot be forgiven in their eyes. Like I said, they don't have to deal with her right now due to other much more important issues, but they will be sure to seek revenge sometime later on. The WG and marines are vindictive once you get on their bad side.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:23   Link #128
shankss
CP10

Did we even have a Buster Call in Sabondy? If we did the island should be burned to ground by now including Rayleigh and the rest.
As far as I know:
Aokiji landing Ohara and killing Saul, but letting Robin escape.
Akainu's ship destroying the fleeing survivors.
Both were critical Admiral actions that lead to %99 successful Buster Call but only Aokiji personally participated in.

Also dont waste your time sending Aokiji or Kizaru to AL.Akainu can one handedly torch that tropical island.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:25   Link #129
kakakka

Quote:
Did we even have a Buster Call in Sabondy?
I thought it was.

Or you can say "Admiral call" or something.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:30   Link #130
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I thought it was.

Or you can say "Admiral call" or something.
But Buster Call destroys the island and everything living on it and requires a special call from Golden Den Den Mushi (which only Admirals have) Sabondy was just an exception because Kizaru felt personally insulted by that Tenryubito punching.Sengoku would have never let a buster call out at such time anyway.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:36   Link #131
kakakka

No need for lectures. I said "I thought it was." No arguing there, mon.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:51   Link #132
kakakka

Quote:
Does a Buster Call really have to result in the destruction of an island?
I read in Wiki that if it's where the "criminals" reside/hide, then it has to be obliterated. Anything on the path of destroying the threats has to be removed and destroyed. Part of some sort of Absolute Justice or something.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:03   Link #133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Good chapter, the rematch between Luffy and Smoker was as good as WB's and Buggy's dialogue (plus Buggy's face was hilarious at some point). While I did expect half the shichibukai to defect, I never thought that things would go the way they did. Eagerly waiting for the next one~
Old 2009-10-01, 11:04   Link #134
seiji_kun

Quote:
If Kizaru is standing on his ship, he can shoot lazers at the island repeatedly and that would be the end of it. Akainu can have a molten lava meteor shower rain down on the island and game over. Amazon Lily and the sea kings don't present any threat to the admirals.
I don't even think Akainu would make it to shore, he'd be sunk before he get there or do you think he can do meteor rain from miles away...

Kizaru is a though one but even him I don't think would make it that far. All they have to do is find a way to make the sea giants surface which imo is rather easely when you throw some rock in the sea. Cause I think a nest like these would even sink a warship with an admiral on.

And like I said, imo they'd hardly see it as worth a treat to bother. And we have proof that other things got left ignored which are even easier to deal with. Hell they got a pact with pirates (shichibukai) which clearly shows how understaffed they are yet you think they would absolutely go deal with AL with even their best man. Can't see it at all.

Quote:
It's not about ranking high on the threat meter, but rather dealing out a punishment to Hancock and her nation all because of her defiance. She's helping out one of the worst criminals opposing the WG right now, and that cannot be forgiven in their eyes. Like I said, they don't have to deal with her right now due to other much more important issues, but they will be sure to seek revenge sometime later on. The WG and marines are vindictive once you get on their bad side.
No it is imo, when Hancock joins the strawhats it'll be only about treat. The WG ain't an idiot organisation who'd just buster call something out mere spite. And when Hancock would join the strawhats it'll look like she sold out her country to the WG. They'd be shifting responsibility which wouldn't necessarily happen and in case Boa will join obviously won't happen.

The elder stars look like a bunch of intelligent elders who only grab to drastic measures when absolutely necessary. Just like they only started the buster call till Clover went as far as revealing that they did reveal a great part of the lost history. I don't necessarily find them vindictive, cruel yeah but I haven't seen enough to find them vindictive necessarily.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:05   Link #135
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Did we even have a Buster Call in Sabondy? If we did the island should be burned to ground by now including Rayleigh and the rest.
Whata re you talking about?

Rayleigh could easily defeat a Buster Call, and even if he couldn't, I'm sure he could escape. He was able to hold Kizaru to a standstill, 5 VAs shouldn't be too much trouble.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:15   Link #136
marvelB

Uh, is it just me, or is Doflamingo sitting on top of a heap of bodies?

Anyways, awesome chapter. I pretty much already gave my impressions of it from the spoilers, so there's not much else to say, except that the unconfirmed summary turned out to be completely false, after all (no Marco vs. Kizaru, no Garp vs. Akainu, and Sengoku's plan still hasn't been revealed yet....). I still don't think Hancock will join Luffy, but I'm still interested in seeing her true fighting style now that she's confronting Smoker......

Also, I still feel pretty certain that Moria isn't out of the picture yet. Yeah, he got punched by Jinbei, but there was still nothing to suggest that he was put down for the count. Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for Moria to adapt the abilities from the shadows he absorbs, as well. I mean, if it could happen to Luffy, then it should be more than possible for the shadow man himself. If that's the case, then his fight with Jinbei is probably far from over (at least, I hope that's the case).......
Old 2009-10-01, 11:30   Link #137
andy

Just read the chapter was pretty good. Some set up , WB doing some stuff good all around.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:47   Link #138
marvelB

The more I look at that pic of Doflamingo, the more certain I am that he's sitting on a pile of (what might be) corpses. I find that creepy, yet pretty badass at the same time......

By the way, I thought it was pretty cool to see that the walrus dude is one of the NW captains. One of those pirates told Whitebeard that that Spider Squad guy had suddenly disappeared, so maybe interesting will come out of that within the next few chapters. I want to see Doma and Makugai again, though......
Old 2009-10-01, 11:48   Link #139
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Whata re you talking about?

Rayleigh could easily defeat a Buster Call,
Lol.Im sure your haki image gives one total immortality against cannonballs and a horde of high rank marine officers but its just a power up after all.He will surely flee but for destroying a buster call you'll require more than a haki blast.Not even mentioning that if Mr Magma or Ice coming up.Wanna try haki-kicking those?
Old 2009-10-01, 12:04   Link #140
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
So now Buggy and Whitebeard are allied.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread