AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 16:00   Link #1
Kristen
*Author

Twilight ~The Dawn of Memories~

Twilight
~The Dawn of Memories~

Genre: Romance/Harem
Rating: TBD (Contains no adult elements)
Platform: PC

Scenario: ChrissieXD
Artwork: Doomfest
Scripting: Divinewind
Music: Talyx
Programming: Doomfest

Present Status: 40%

Project Inception Date: 02/17/08
Estimated Release Date: Q4 2008

Twilight is a doujin game which will be created using ren'py. Note that this is an original work, not a fan translation. 100% of the content and story is currently being created from scratch, and we have made significant progress over the past month.

The Visual Novel will have a minimum of 18,000 lines of dialogue and narrative, and a maximum of 28,000 lines. It will provide about 15-30 hours of total gameplay, based on a scale of 10,000 lines = 10 hours of gameplay.

On Recruiting: We have numerous positions available and are accepting applications for all of them. These will help speed along the process greatly. To apply, either contract me via a PM, or contact me on IRC at moetaku@anisubs.net Query name is Kristen.

Open Positions:
Editor - The editor takes the scripted chapters and revises them so they sound more natural as dialogue. English natives only, as this story is written by an English native. And Editor would need to edit approximately 600 lines per week, which should take about 4-5 hours.

Scenario Writer - If you have an idea for a romantic storyline and you wanted to get it published somewhere, this is the place for you. The only difference between this and writing your own story is that you write it in my universe, and it cannot copy any of the other routes. Also, it has to pertain to the themes of the story. Note that this is not an easy task, and you should ONLY apply if you have time to write it and can deal with frustration. It also has to be an appropriate length. That would mean anywhere from 28,000-36,000 words, preferably at 32,000 words and a 2,000 word introductory meeting with the main character. This would be a 4,000 words per 1/2 week deadline. Please note that criticism is to be expected at this position, and you may be asked to rewrite certain chapters or change certain events.

Cultural Check/QC - If you are very knowledgeable in the field of traditional as well as modern japanese culture and interested in applying for a position, you could contribute by applying as the cultural check / QC mentor - to look over the scripts and make sure everything is consistent with the modern japanese lifestyle and culture.

Artist - Honestly, the odds of you getting in as an artist are 100/1. You would need to perfectly mimic the style that our present artist is working with. But if you want to give it a shot, who am I to stop you? Workload will be high, and you will have quick deadlines. Please PM me for qualifications.

Scripter - Again, this is a consistancy thing. If you have the ability to mimic the scripting style of our present scripter, I'll hand you a section of the script and you can try it. Workload is about 6 hours a week.

This thread will be periodically updated for preview additions and development status updates.

(Note: NoSanninWa suggested I post this in here)

Last edited by Kristen; 2008-05-16 at 17:26.
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:19   Link #2
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Rating: TBD (Contains no adult elements)

Woah amazing people is everywhere.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:26   Link #3
Doomfest

It means I'm not drawing any naked people.
Doomfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:42   Link #4
Xarda
Slacker
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomfest View Post
It means I'm not drawing any naked people.
O_O; pff doomfest you draw those nekkid peeps.
Xarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 09:46   Link #5
Kristen
*Author

Just a little bit of a status update...

The main arc (The one where you choose which girl's route to enter) is completely scripted and is now in editing. That arc should supply about three hours of playing time in the end, and is the shortest of any arc.

The first route is completely written, and is now being scripted.

The third (main) route is also completely written, but I need to go through and make a lot of revisions to its plotline.

The second route is my next task, personally, and should be completed by May 7th.

We are still looking for anybody who would like to learn how to script a visual novel.

Also, if you can mimic a drawing style, we'd love to have you.

No previews yet, but I should hopefully have some soon.
Old 2008-04-14, 15:05   Link #6
Kristen
*Author

Just a little update. We have a screenshot for your eyes, in other words, a preview.

Script is moving along nicely. I've started writing the second route, and most of the main arc is edited now. With any luck we should have the entire main story written by the end of May, along with the entire first route scripted.

We are looking for Background Artists. If you can draw decently and own a tablet, please contact either myself or Doomfest. My IRC handle is Kristen, and you can find me on either Rizon at #tweakanime, or on Anisubs at #moetaku. Doomfest, the lead artist, can be found on Anisubs at #moetaku. You can also contact me via PM here, PM on the Moetaku forums, or by E-Mail to Kristen@moetaku.com.

We'll also hit two months since conception on Thursday, and I feel that our overall progress is around 20%.

That's it for now. Be on the lookout for more updates and screenshots!
Old 2008-04-15, 11:02   Link #7
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Ohhh this is looking very nice so far. I've heard quite a few people saying they wanna make a visual novel game, but this is probably the first time I've seen one thats so far underway

doomfest is doing a good job with the artwork too

Cant wait to see more progress on this
Satsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 13:43   Link #8
Kristen
*Author

So, it's been 3 months since project inception, so of course, another monthly update!

We slowed down a little bit this past month with school, finals, and other unimportant things pushing against us. However, we still made phenomenal progress, thanks to some amazing editors and scenario writers.

The main route (Days 1-5) is DONE. It's basically program and go for that area right now. Of course, we still need artwork and music before we can, but that's in the "ongoing" section. For the first character, we have all 8 chapter written, and we have chapters 2-6.25 completely scripted. Edits have not begun on these chapters yet, but they should very soon.
The second character was given to another scenario writer to write. She writes in script format, so it cut out a lot of time we would've have to use for scripting. We have chapter 1-5 scripted there, with 2 edited. 3-4 are undergoing 1st pass edit, and I need to read 5 before I can send that to editing. 6 is in the process of being written, along with the bad ends. We'll have it all in editing phase in 2 weeks.
Chapter 6 and the "Special" ending are being worked on right now by our main scripter (Chapter 6 is the day where you deviate into a route). I'm hoping to have that in two weeks, since it's going to be around 2000 lines long.
As for the main character's route... Um... Day 1 has been done for months. I just started on day 2 yesterday, and will finish it tonight. I'm hoping to finish all chapters of that (1-7) in 3 weeks.
So, status...
Writing:
Main: 5/5
Character M: 8/8
Character C: 5/6
Character N: 1.5/7
After: 0/8

Total: 19.5/34 (57.3%)

Scripting:
Character M: 5.25/8
Character C: 5/6
Character N: 0/7

Total: 15.25/34 (44.8%)

Editing:
Character M: 0/8
Character C: 1/6
Character N: 0/7

Total: 6/34 (17.6%)

SCRIPTING GRAND TOTAL: 40.75/102 (40%)

Anyways, if you're a background artist, we could still use your help. ^_^
Old 2008-05-16, 16:34   Link #9
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
The title name somehow reminded me of Ef ~tales of memories~, actually latter tale coming out soon. Looking forward to play it. (5/30)

Comment for the artist: The hair kind of looks a little odd.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:28   Link #10
Shana

Recently got into Visual Novels, after I finished the first one I've ever palyed, this thread just popped up in my mind and got SO interested on it.

Well, GL
Old 2008-05-16, 21:50   Link #11
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Not really the visual novel person but watching the progress is interesting enough for me ^^.

I like the concept/creation rather than the result ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 20:10   Link #12
Kristen
*Author

So... This is another status post to say that our status is presently stalled. I'm personally in a writer's block because I was too stupid to remember that every time I write out a full length story, I'm out of ideas for up to 6 months. AKA, I couldn't write the route I needed to. Also, I ran out of time when mixing in fansubbing and a job that runs for 10 hours a day.
In addition, our artist was forced to attend some camp for the summer for the reason that they didn't want him sitting home and doing work for us.
I have no idea where our scripter went, and our other scripter got busy with college life. Our editing is making a lot of progress, though. As soon as I hear back from one editor with the last 2 chapters of one route, that route will be in the books and completed. Our other editor is doing a second pass on another route, and then it'll be returned to our other other editor for a third pass.
Music is also making some progress. We have about 4 tracks now, and are gradually building up to our goal.

I'm expecting what may happen is that we will get our 2 scripted routes into the books without a problem, and then it'll work in a succession of Writing (Me) -> Scripting while I write the next chapter -> Editing while script the next chapter while writing 2 chapters ahead.

As for art, I'm expecting that to be what we'll be waiting for in the end. It happens.

But, if anyone is a good artist and wants to help out, please contact me. I'd love to have you help us push this along.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:42   Link #13
Doomfest

There's hope. I might be released soon! ...

Currently looking for method to get on IRC channel.
Doomfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 21:52   Link #14
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

wow this looks cool. cant w8 2 see the release

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:39   Link #15
Kristen
*Author

Haven't updated in two months, so I guess I can again. I managed to finally break out of my writers block, and I'm about 3,000 words into the final arc (It needs at least 28,000 total). Our artist finally got back from camp (AKA, freedom), so we're able to continue work on art after a summer of pretty much complete stalling.

So, as for our status:
Writing: Main Route, Character A, and Character B complete. Character C is at 3000/28000 words.
Scripting: Main Route, Character A, and Character B complete. Will hopefully start on Character C tomorrow.
Editing: Main Route and Character A finished. Character B is awaiting choices, and then it'll go to 3rd pass edits. Character C is at 0%

Drawing: 1st sprite almost finished, 2nd sprite by the end of the month, hopefully. Then the 3rd in October as well as a few of the minor ones. Could still use BG artist help.

Music: About 8 minutes of music out of the 60 we're aiming for.

Overall:
Scripting:
Writing: 76.85%
Scripting: 74.07%
Editing: 65.43%
Overall: 72.11667%

Drawing: 5%

Music: 13.3%

OVERALL: 30%
Old 2012-01-15, 08:07   Link #16
Xenio
Flower

it been 2 year already.... is it still alive?
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote