AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 07:43   Link #21
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Someone in /u/ first posted these scans:

Character sketches are found here:

http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_...0527#pid840527

Oooo, looking good!
Thanx for sharing! Yeah, the character designs really bring out the mangaka's art style. It's looking pretty good.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 09:41   Link #22
FireChick

The girl on my right kinda looks like Claes from Gunslinger Girl.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 12:24   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
But she has a very different character. I really enjoy the manga, so I'm looking forward to this. I think it could work very well as an anime, especially with Kasai Kenichi's touch, as seen in Honey & Clover and KimiKiss.

Kasai Kenichi gives me confidence. But, Woland, why are you particularly pleased that Takayama Fumihiko is involved? It that mainly based on Rescue Wings? That did look like a good show, but I didn't watch more than a couple of episodes when it was on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 18:09   Link #24
Woland
Latin Rascal

Yep Rescue Wing is a very good and underrated series capable to depict quite realistic, complex and mature characters (and situations) that you really don't see often (if never) in animation.
But I'm quite fond of most of the works in which Takeyama is involved: Rahxephon 19 is still my favorite episode of that series (and a very good one in general), Gunparade March is a series with quite good moment, especially one (too bad the main couple is just unbearable) and Gundam 0080 is the only gundam related series I really liked... and so on
Kasai need a good scriptwriter to work properly (I'd like to forget about that thing called Kimi-kiss) so that's why I'm pleased.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 21:43   Link #25
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post

I think she looks like the girl from Sasameki Koto. Except their personalities are very different.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 02:38   Link #26
Kazu-kun

Seiyuu list (came with chapter 27 of the manga):

Fumi-chan: Takabe Ai
Ah-chan: Gibu Yuuko
Sugimoto-sempai: Ishimatsu Chiemi
Kyouko: Horie Yui
Old 2009-05-10, 04:01   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Also glad that the anime plans to captured the manga's character designs. They're just that beautiful not to animated.

Browsing around, and it looks like this is going to be the first voice acting job Takabe Ai, Fumi's voice actor is doing. It makes the wait all the more special to see how well she'll match the character.
Old 2009-05-11, 05:26   Link #28
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Seiyuu list (came with chapter 27 of the manga):

Fumi-chan: Takabe Ai
Ah-chan: Gibu Yuuko
Sugimoto-sempai: Ishimatsu Chiemi
Kyouko: Horie Yui
Wanna added them to ANN's Encyclopedia entry?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10672
Old 2009-05-11, 11:36   Link #29
Midonin
Last Engage

Gibu Yuuko. There's a name I never thought I'd see in a lead role again.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 15:27   Link #30
E_I
Yuri fan

Hopefully, Fumi-chan is just as adorable in the anime as she is as in the manga.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 15:33   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Hopefully, Fumi-chan is just as adorable in the anime as she is as in the manga.
Yeah it's what i'm hoping. I don't see why not though, i mean as long as they are faithful to the story and the characters then it's what we shall see.
Old 2009-05-12, 03:29   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just seen the promo. It doesn't show any signs from the upcoming adaptation, just still images from the manga, and explaining the starting story. It's worth watching just for the outstanding piano piece.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:49   Link #33
blue skies
noch einmal?

The piano piece in that promo was gorgeous. This is one that I'm really looking forward to -- the manga is a wonderful read, and I'm hoping the anime keeps that soft, subdued nature in its adaptation. Just judging from those pretty little scans, I'd say it's a safe bet that it will.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for an adaptation of Hourou Musuko too, though. ;<

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
lol, me too. I love Fumi. It looks like the anime will capture every inch of her tall cuteness, and I can't wait to see it.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 02:25   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
...Browsing around, and it looks like this is going to be the first voice acting job Takabe Ai, Fumi's voice actor is doing. It makes the wait all the more special to see how well she'll match the character.
Thanks for pointing that out. According to 2channel and Japanese Wikipedia, this appears to be the same Takabe Ai 高部あい as a 20-year-old actress and photo idol of that name, who has appeared in numerous TV dramas, some movies, and many times as a TV personality. She starred last year in a late-night supernatural comedy-drama called Guren Onna. Of the four main roles in the anime, she is billed first and Horie Yui last.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:31   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. According to 2channel and Japanese Wikipedia, this appears to be the same Takabe Ai 高部あい as a 20-year-old actress and photo idol of that name, who has appeared in numerous TV dramas, some movies, and many times as a TV personality. She starred last year in a late-night supernatural comedy-drama called Guren Onna. Of the four main roles in the anime, she is billed first and Horie Yui last.
She must be the perfect voice actor for Fumi then. Makes me want to check her out all the more, though i won't and keep in the surprise factor for when we hear her as Fumi in the first episode.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:36   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have to correct myself: she was billed second after Gibu Yuuko as Akira.
Old 2009-05-13, 14:50   Link #37
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have to correct myself: she was billed second after Gibu Yuuko as Akira.
It's not your fault. It's just inconsistency on their part. Some sources, like the Erotic FX magazine, have Takabe Ai billed first, others, like the official website, have Gibu Yuuko first.

It's not that it matters really, since the story focuses on both characters pretty much equally (although Fumi is more involved in the drama than Akira, who is more of a support character in that respect).

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-05-13 at 17:21.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:50   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This looks as if it might be sweet and charming (yeah, yeah, I'm a sucker for that)... putting on the "to watch" list.
Old 2009-05-14, 08:41   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This looks as if it might be sweet and charming (yeah, yeah, I'm a sucker for that)... putting on the "to watch" list.
Believe me you're in for a treat then. Coming to learn your tastes over the years on this forum, then yes i can say that you'll love this one.
Old 2009-05-14, 08:46   Link #40
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I really liked Aoi Hana, even though it's yuri, but no doubt, Sugimoto is a *****. And don't try to convince me otherwise.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri