Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 12:54   Link #301
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing?

Plus i don't think it's as obvious as you're making it out to be. Sure the same event could happen, though under complete different circumstances. This isn't the kind of story where it's that easy to work out how it'll progress in the future. Anything can happen.
Not a bad thing - just a sad thing.

Anyone else wonder if this 4th season news might be tied in with Midorikawa ending the manga, and having the anime end simultaneously? It's great news and certainly a 4th season was always a given, but it surprises me that it's so soon. This would mean some anime-original eps, wouldn't it? Not that it's a bad thing - the anime-original eps have been some of the series' very best.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:04   Link #302
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone else wonder if this 4th season news might be tied in with Midorikawa ending the manga, and having the anime end simultaneously?
I certainly think so.
Old 2011-09-21, 13:22   Link #303
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not a bad thing - just a sad thing.

Anyone else wonder if this 4th season news might be tied in with Midorikawa ending the manga, and having the anime end simultaneously? It's great news and certainly a 4th season was always a given, but it surprises me that it's so soon. This would mean some anime-original eps, wouldn't it? Not that it's a bad thing - the anime-original eps have been some of the series' very best.

The director has at least five story arcs to draw from that could easily be two episodes and then two or three shorter stories. There wouldn't have to be much filler at all.

I would hope for more time for the manga to resolve itself. In order not to spoil I will just say there are some interesting developements with Natsume's friends that I would like to see followed up on.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:27   Link #304
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Dunno if I'm caught up where the manga currently is (think I'm close but not there) but I don't think that another 13 episode season would be quite enough to resolve everything. I honestly feel like we're going to get a bit more background on Reiko and Natsume's parent and I just feel like it wouldn't be ending quite this soon, although I certainly hope that the anime animates all the manga someday.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 01:15   Link #305
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I've got some good news and some good news.

The good news: Natsume Yuujinchou season 4 has been announced.
The other good news: It's due January next year.
Late to the party, but this makes me an excited fangirl. Oh so very much. <3

/Continues to watch Natsume in the middle of "RL-being-biatch" mode.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 01:21   Link #306
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Wow. 4th season is announced and will start within a few months. That's great news indeed.

It'd be also nice if we get an episode about Reiko in the next season.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 14:18   Link #307
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Dunno if I'm caught up where the manga currently is (think I'm close but not there) but I don't think that another 13 episode season would be quite enough to resolve everything. I honestly feel like we're going to get a bit more background on Reiko and Natsume's parent and I just feel like it wouldn't be ending quite this soon, although I certainly hope that the anime animates all the manga someday.
I agree, there is a lot more story to tell in the manga. While I am sure there will still be unanswered questions when it does finish, it just doesn't feel like the right time.

I wonder how much they will keep as a mystery to us.

Last edited by Tworble; 2011-09-22 at 14:28.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:23   Link #308
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 13:
Old 2011-09-26, 19:41   Link #309
Kirarakim

Aww that was such a sweet episode.

After seeing the preview last week I didn't expect to like this episode much but I am happy to say I was wrong. This was a really nice way to close off the season showing us how much Natsume has gained.

Spoiler:

And I especially loved the message in the end that we will be seeing more in 3 months.
Old 2011-09-26, 22:45   Link #310
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for last episode for now:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 23:51   Link #311
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep13:
Old 2011-09-27, 00:09   Link #312
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Now that's the Natsume Yuujinchou I love.

Spoiler for 13:
Old 2011-09-27, 05:08   Link #313
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was exactly the kind of finale I wanted to see. I was very bothered by Natsume's line in a previous episode -when he said nothing good comes from meeting youkai- so it was nice to see him realize that despite the fact he's suffered a lot because of them in his childhood, they've also brought him a lot of happiness since then. It is in huge part thanks to them he's grown so close to Tanuma and Taki.

That said, while I obviously loved the final line of the episode, my favorite was Hinoe's. Even though their names aren't in the book anymore, youkai would still protect Natsume if he called for them - for the simple reason that they like him. The tsundere cat ball is obviously no exception. He's made as many precious friends in the youkai world as in the human world, if not more.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:23   Link #314
blewin

very wonderful and heartwarming ending. Like many here, I also love Hinoe's line, the first time a youkai actually said straight out that she likes him as a friend.

all in all, Natsumi has struck a balance between his friendship with both youkai and human. A great conclusion to this season.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 12:06   Link #315
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was indeed a great line, though I suspect Hinoe (and Benio) would like him more than as a friend if he gave them half a chance.

Hinoe, in fact, has already made good on the promise she made this week by voluntarily coming to watch over Natsume while Madara was on the disabled list.
Old 2011-09-28, 12:51   Link #316
Tworble

The way they orchestrated the emotional impact of the last two episodes was sublime, I haven't thought this much on an anime in a while. Growing up, healing, friendship and family seem to be the prevailing themes of this season, and it ended with a note of finality. You feel in your gut that the book has been closed one chapter of Natsume's life, and can't wait to open the next.