AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-21, 16:03   Link #1
ryublade

Gokusen Live Action Fansub Request

I know most of the groups prefer to fansub anime but I have noticed some groups have been fansubbing some live action. Since Gokusen the anime is being fansubbed currently as it is being released in Japan, I was wondering if any groups would like to consider picking up Gokusen Live Action (Jdrama). I did a search and there doesn't seem to be anyone fansubbing it and it is already completely released (11-12 episodes I believe) This is only a suggestion and by no means is it a demand. I would love to see Gokusen Live Action so I am only bringing it to the attention of the fansub groups out there. Keep up the good work by the way, I love you have doing so far.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 17:01   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you really want this, you could bring it up at #tv-nihon @ irc.mircx.com. They sub a lot of Jdrama and might be convincable.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 19:20   Link #3
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Rumor has it a major (left unnamed) fansubbing group is considering doing work on this. Wait and see.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 23:47   Link #4
K_R
also known as K!

Some competition for gokusen? We're considering doing it, but we're not a major group... Is there any confirmation to that rumour? I'm planning to buy the R2s, so as to have a HQ source, but if another groups is going to do it 1. I don't want to complete with them 2. R2s are expen$ive.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 00:41   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not a major group?!? Seichi is pretty major from where I'm sitting. Thirteen releases during the month of December alone. I watch your versions of GSG, Sakon and FMF?F. (Just counting your recent shows.) I'd say that you are in the big time

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 05:36   Link #6
drvtech

Hmm...We at Seichi are honored that some people think we're a major group. I feel more like we're a niche group and we prefer to do well with whatever we pick up and if we can't commit or do it, we'd rather drop it than put out half hearted work. We all hope that you all continue to enjoy our releases...at a steady pace of 10+ releases a month XD. Rest assured, we have a few more oldie movies that will randomly pop up soon if ppl were interested in Chibi Maruko Chan...it seems they have a Christmas special or 4...

/me goes off to hit on MCKate for her DVD collection
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 05:52   Link #7
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If you really want this, you could bring it up at #tv-nihon @ irc.mircx.com. They sub a lot of Jdrama and might be convincable.
What is this show anyway? We pretty much stick to Japanese action shows. Faiz,Gransazer etc.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 07:34   Link #8
K_R
also known as K!

Gokusen Live Action, featuring the beautiful Nakama Yukie, http://www.ntv.co.jp/gokusen/
Gokusen Anime, currently subbed by AonE, http://www.ntv.co.jp/a-gokusen/

There's another thread that describes the show: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4121
Old 2004-01-26, 16:11   Link #9
ryublade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Rumor has it a major (left unnamed) fansubbing group is considering doing work on this. Wait and see.

Hmm.. Well, in that case, I will wait patiently in hopes that the rumor pans out and somebody will fansub the jdrama.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 16:31   Link #10
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
the chick is cute
Old 2004-01-28, 00:49   Link #11
gohmifune

http://www.d-addicts.com/bt/torrents...pecial.torrent

That is the rather dead link to the special, but from what i know it was partially subbed.

I think if no one has picked it up, Live-evil would be a good choice for a subbing of the show.
gohmifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 15:46   Link #12
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Please just pick it up, , major group or not...I really wanna see it...mwaaahhhhh.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 16:17   Link #13
MrBrown

Gokusen live action is a great show, someone should sub it. It does require an experienced translator though, as many of the jokes are language related (but not untranslatable). Dunno how the anime is, haven't watched that.

As with all j-drama, the eps are around a hour long. 12 total, I'm at ep8 atm, watching the rest in a day or two.

There are DVD ISOs on winny, so getting raws is definetly not a problem. Not sure if all the DVDs are out yet, though.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 05:53   Link #14
YoYo

Is there any news on this? The anime's great and I'd love to see the drama.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 07:22   Link #15
K_R
also known as K!

I have the DVDs, but we are currently experiencing a staff shortage, so it's somewhat on hiatus.

Last edited by K_R; 2004-03-03 at 08:46.
Old 2004-03-03, 15:15   Link #16
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

I wanna see this

I love the anime + manga, so the live action should be interesting.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 18:34   Link #17
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i would like to see this too....
in better quality and no lag
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 16:48   Link #18
foxy

Send a message via AIM to foxy Send a message via Yahoo to foxy
Yeah, i just finished watching the first 3 eps. i really like it. =) i hope they continue to sub the rest of the series.
foxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 21:20   Link #19
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I have the DVDs, but we are currently experiencing a staff shortage, so it's somewhat on hiatus.
-This is way off topic, but check your PM box!!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:33   Link #20
aniforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
do you guys need help? i don't know much japanese but i can do other things if you need. i already saw gokusen when it was being shown on tv though no sub. hehe first japanese drama i watch without sub. though i must say it was hella funnie.
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote