AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-09, 11:51   Link #1461
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
You can't make nitrogen from sea water. Electrocuting would only dissociate it into Oxygen and Hydrogen. Wtf.
Sorry, I meant hydrogen .

Quote:
Also, I thought that guy died. Is he actually any good?
He is a good guy and is in love with Mikoto, he just wants to protect the world around her preventing any concflicts between magic and science.
Old 2010-01-09, 11:56   Link #1462
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
about Kuroko-

so "The Citadel of Pure Yuri Love" not falling?
Quote:
So Kuroko and Touma = friendish?
Erm, if he's lucky

Let me quote from Volume 9, just after that incident from the previous, still recovering from her injuries...

Spoiler:

EDIT:

So nobody knows the answer to the previous questions on magic ?
Old 2010-01-09, 12:11   Link #1463
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So nobody knows the answer to the previous questions on magic ?
Maybe they are taking their time to answer you the best.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:13   Link #1464
walt

Parents of Touma and Misaka
Have come to opinion, that Touma have a sort of magic - to crush women's hearts
so question about Kuroko is interesting twice
Old 2010-01-09, 12:17   Link #1465
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Afterall, he still is a guy and he can't avoid to enjoy some services moments when he has the chances(Anieze... damn lolicon!), has his own fantasies about women.... and for some reason looks like he tends to "harass" Seiri Fukiyose XD.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:51   Link #1466
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Sorry, I meant hydrogen .

He is a good guy and is in love with Mikoto, he just wants to protect the world around her preventing any concflicts between magic and science.
So, is he dead? And I know he was a good guy, I meant if he was actually powerful?

Also, what is the relationship between the parents of Touma and Mikoto? I thought I read that they met in a volume summary. Also, since the powers seem to be genetic (Misaka clones), do their parents have any powers?
Old 2010-01-09, 13:02   Link #1467
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So, is he dead? And I know he was a good guy, I meant if he was actually powerful?
No, he is still alive and far I know he got a new replica of his obsidian spear and later stole a magic grimoire.

Quote:
Also, what is the relationship between the parents of Touma and Mikoto? I thought I read that they met in a volume summary. Also, since the powers seem to be genetic (Misaka clones), do their parents have any powers?
Far I know.
Fathers, colleagues in job.... Tabikake somehow makes me think of a gangster
Mothers, Shiina jealous because like her son, Touya is still a women magnet(genetic maybe??). Misuzu teases Touma when Index is front of them(maybe she noticed Index likes Touma during the Daihaisei festival of sports).

About power maybe they can have the potential but first they have to pass throught Academy City's curriculum.
Old 2010-01-09, 13:17   Link #1468
babohtea

Quote:

Far I know.
Fathers, colleagues in job.... Tabikake somehow makes me think of a gangster
Mothers, Shiina jealous because like her son, Touya is still a women magnet(genetic maybe??). Misuzu teases Touma when Index is front of them(maybe she noticed Index likes Touma during the Daihaisei festival of sports).

About power maybe they can have the potential but first they have to pass throught Academy City's curriculum.
Shiina is jealous with Misuzu over Touya? Lol. So Tabikake is Mikoto's dad. How does Mikoto react when she realizes she's basically family friends with Touma?

Also, where in the world is Touma's little sister? Assuming gemstones are hereditary, is Touma's imouto a monster?
Old 2010-01-09, 13:31   Link #1469
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Shiina is jealous with Misuzu over Touya? Lol. So Tabikake is Mikoto's dad. How does Mikoto react when she realizes she's basically family friends with Touma?
Somehow ehh yes, but Mikoto doesn't know this because the whole time was jealous(from the distance) over Index who made company to Shiina & Touya during the festival and Touma was in a distress because some magicians were causing problems and he had to deal with them together with Styil and Tsuchimikado.

Quote:
Also, where in the world is Touma's little sister? Assuming gemstones are hereditary, is Touma's imouto a monster?
Oi!..... Otohime is his cousin. And I have no proof to say the gemstones are hereditary just wonder, don't you think the scientists in Academy City didn't thought this? So, they aren't.
Old 2010-01-09, 13:35   Link #1470
babohtea

Ahh, that makes sense. I know esper powers are hereditary though... I'm surprised the sick scientists of Academy City haven't tried selectively breeding the level 5's to create the legendary level 6.

TO ARU MAJUTSU NO INDEX ALTERNATE FUTURE:
SCIENTISTS FORCE MISAKA MIKOTO AND ACCELERATOR TOGETHER AND THEN THEY HAVE LEVEL 6 BABIES. THE END.

hahahahaha XD
Old 2010-01-09, 13:49   Link #1471
Miraluka
Banned

Be aware of your words, afterall like Touma and Last Order said, the experiment was proposed thanks to both Accelerator and Mikoto. And actually the clones are a bond between them....
Spoiler for just a fan art...:

Puttin aside that.. anyone wonder why Blue hari and pierces doesn't show his real name??? suspicious....
Old 2010-01-09, 14:14   Link #1472
babohtea

Quote:
Be aware of your words, afterall like Touma and Last Order said, the experiment was proposed thanks to both Accelerator and Mikoto. And actually the clones are a bond between them....
Spoiler for just a fan art...:

-___-

Honestly I'm really not a fan of Accelerator. His powers make no sense to me. A vector is actually nothing; its a theoretically intangible concept similar to numbers (they don't really exist!). Vectors are used in science because they allow us to simplify complex interactions as only a certain value going in a certain direction. They are not a part of physics, they are something we assigned to physics in order to understand it.

Therefore, there are actually no limits to Accelerator's power. A vector is just a concept: it can refer to forces, acceleration or even the trajectory depending on what you want it to mean. So, being able to "change vectors" = change anything anywhere. I can assign a vector in a plane and set the x-axis being the light absorbancy of my urine and the y-axis as the acidity of said pee. Then, if Accelerator can alter vectors, he could easily make pee an infinitely corrosive black sludge.

Not just that, but he can control energy transfers! Every single object has infinite potential energy. Just transfer all that potential energy into kinetic energy and he can launch cakes at the speed of light.

His powers are... how do I say it? Not only is he ridiculously powerful, but the concept on which his powers are based off of is actually retarded.

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-01-09 at 14:32.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:28   Link #1473
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
How does Mikoto react when she realizes she's basically family friends with Touma?
They're not really family friends. Touma's parents met Mikoto's mom for the first time during the sports festival. Touya and Tabikake have met before during their business trips (they weren't colleagues), but they didn't really talk much about their family. And Tabikake did not come to the sports festival, so Touya probably doesn't realize that he has met Mikoto's dad before.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:29   Link #1474
Miraluka
Banned

You answered yourself
He already said something like that about the energy in the thrid arc an that the reason why he and the second are powerful so far compared to the other level 5s.
Old 2010-01-09, 14:33   Link #1475
babohtea

His powers are are as ridiculous as this: "I have the power to control math, now watch me multiply your blood pressure by 0".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
They're not really family friends. Touma's parents met Mikoto's mom for the first time during the sports festival. Touya and Tabikake have met before during their business trips (they weren't colleagues), but they didn't really talk much about their family. And Tabikake did not come to the sports festival, so Touya probably doesn't realize that he has met Mikoto's dad before.
How does the reader know, then?
Old 2010-01-09, 15:01   Link #1476
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
How does the reader know, then?
How does the reader know what? Touya and Tabikake's first encounter was in SS2, and the meeting between Mikoto's mom and Touma's parents was in vol. 9 and 10.
Old 2010-01-09, 15:09   Link #1477
babohtea

Oh okay, makes sense. I meant that if Touya didn't really know he met Tabikake how would the reader know. But now I know why the reader knows. Thanks.
Old 2010-01-09, 15:12   Link #1478
stillmissing

Shiina and Misuzu meet again during SS2 as well. They seem to be getting along pretty well.

And of course, Misuzu meets with Touma in the first SS during her unfortunate adventure. Touma can't take a hint at all though. At all. And she causes problems for her daughter like usual.

Which Touma ends up paying for in vol 14, lol.
Old 2010-01-09, 15:13   Link #1479
LastResolve

Quote:
Therefore, there are actually no limits to Accelerator's powe
totally if you think that his skin is in direct touch with the flow of the atmosfaire and the atmosfaire is in direct touch with every possible thing he could control the vectors of anything gravity,rotation of the earth, just anything
Old 2010-01-09, 20:10   Link #1480
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Komoe did joke that Touma releases an AIM that attracts girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
totally if you think that his skin is in direct touch with the flow of the atmosfaire and the atmosfaire is in direct touch with every possible thing he could control the vectors of anything gravity,rotation of the earth, just anything
Lets no get carried away... Digging up from the past-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
He can control the vectors of the objects he touches. He can't change the vectors of things he isn't touching. Nothing more, nothing less.

While he could reverse the direction of the ground he's standing on/touching, what happens geologically is that the rocks he's touching can only push so much else before they break.

It's the Superman-plane delima: no matter how strong or invincible Superman himself is, the plane he's catching isn't strong enough to be held at two tiny points of pressure. Material strength would fail, and it would crumple. Same things would happen to Accelerator if he tried to change planetary rotation: the rocks he's touching go different direction, and then consequently get demolished by the rest of the planet that isn't going for the ride. He can through spare beams because they have the strength to hold themselves together to extreme points, but after a point any and all objects will break into smaller parts when force is applied like so.

If Accelerator got to Level 6 and was able to expand his effect indefinitely over entire systems of objects, it might be possible. Might. But currently Accelerator is limited to what vectors come into contact with him.

Accelerator doesn't change gravity: Accelerator changes the effects of gravity vectors on himself.

That's the fundamental limit of Accelerator's power at its present level: something has to be in direct contact with him in order to be changed. Field-forces, which are infinite integral sum effects, and not single items he could change elsewhere.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen