AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 20:03   Link #401
willx
Nyaaan~~

So having read through all the translations, I have to admit this is a fun read, although the M nature of these guys is something I can't relate to..

Let's see where this goes, with a female protagonist this time.. Gotta admit I love the world-building scale that Kamachi manages! Admittedly though the "clean war" reminders over and over again (when we know it ain't true) has gotten a tad tiresome
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 23:48   Link #402
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So having read through all the translations, I have to admit this is a fun read, although the M nature of these guys is something I can't relate to..
Whats hard to understand about liking beautiful women to do various things to you with their armpit?

Quote:
Let's see where this goes, with a female protagonist this time.. Gotta admit I love the world-building scale that Kamachi manages! Admittedly though the "clean war" reminders over and over again (when we know it ain't true) has gotten a tad tiresome
I don't really pay much attention to that; I just take it that the characters were using it in an "ironic bad joke" kind of way.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:11   Link #403
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whats hard to understand about liking beautiful women to do various things to you with their armpit?
^ That's the part that's hard to understand .. And I'm more of an S than an M myself..

Quote:
I don't really pay much attention to that; I just take it that the characters were using it in an "ironic bad joke" kind of way.
Well, I'm not talking about the parts in character dialogue or monologue, I'm talking about when the author goes 3rd party omniscient. Again I'm reading the English translations, so I'm always cognizant I may be losing something in the process
Old 2012-10-20, 20:09   Link #404
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for New faction chart:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:34   Link #405
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

From the Dengeki festival, one is by the LN illustrator, the other is the artists for the new Manga series.

Old 2012-10-28, 08:44   Link #406
tsunade666

cute.... indeed cute

is that a plushie object!?
Old 2012-10-28, 08:46   Link #407
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
cute.... indeed cute

is that a plushie object!?
Can't you tell? Its Baby Magnum
Old 2012-10-28, 09:32   Link #408
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for New faction chart:
Dragon.... now i really need to download the raw for this...
well most Object illustration are design or being blackened so it hard to to tell( only after i read your comment i do realized it) but i have to admit : the manga artwork is really good
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 23:00   Link #409
chancs

From what I have read till now on BT, that Quenser has been destroying/ capturing Objects in every chapter. Such consistence performance. Must be a good student in school
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 23:53   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
From what I have read till now on BT, that Quenser has been destroying/ capturing Objects in every chapter. Such consistence performance. Must be a good student in school
Well... In Volume 2 and 4 they have only fought one Object throughout the entire book

In any case, considering the Object destruction is not part of his learning curriculum it wouldn't play a part in his evaluation, at most he'll receive a letter of recommendation from the Military for 'good performance' or they could bastard them by giving multiple disciplinary records, but they can't write the details because it'll be classified
Old 2012-11-09, 12:26   Link #411
willx
Nyaaan~~

Random:

I just noticed an illustration in Vol 4 where Helvia is drinking out of a Starbucks cup that has "Moby Dick" written on it instead..

Reply hazy, try again
Old 2012-11-10, 01:33   Link #412
chancs

Quote:
I didn't join the army to be some hero of justice. It was to gain the valorous deeds I need as a noble. And you're a student who is only here to learn about Object design!!
These lines have become repetitive for Heivia. What a coward! How was he inducted in the army? Don't they have PI for this?
Old 2012-11-10, 01:39   Link #413
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
These lines have become repetitive for Heivia. What a coward! How was he inducted in the army? Don't they have PI for this?
Do you really think all soldiers are courageous go-getters and hard workers? They do what they have to do, nothing more nothing less. There is nothing coward about being realistic.
Old 2012-11-10, 01:53   Link #414
chancs

Quote:
Do you really think all soldiers are courageous go-getters and hard workers? They do what they have to do, nothing more nothing less. There is nothing coward about being realistic.
That's true. But when a person speak like this for each and every damn mission, then what? Aside from the novel, what about team morale?
Old 2012-11-10, 01:59   Link #415
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's true. But when a person speak like this for each and every damn mission, then what? Aside from the novel, what about team morale?
The most important thing to a soldier is not what someone says, but whether the time comes can this person be counted on to do the job.

Heivia complaints a lot, Qwenser as well, but when it comes down to it both of them are reliable and capable people without needing to hold their hands and drag them along. In other words, actions speak louder than words.
Old 2012-11-10, 02:02   Link #416
chancs

Quote:
In other words, actions speak louder than words.
True to the last word
Old 2012-11-10, 03:11   Link #417
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
True to the last word
Mah~ short of the few obvious fantasy elements, Heivia and Quenser feels more like your average soldier compare to the cool and usually professional ace pilots of Macross and Muv-Luv

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-10 at 04:04.
Old 2012-11-10, 08:39   Link #418
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ In war, you don't have the time to go YAMATO DAMASHII when all those Objects are this close to turning you into a smudge on the ground.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:00   Link #419
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ In war, you don't have the time to go YAMATO DAMASHII when all those Objects are this close to turning you into a smudge on the ground.
Ah, that also reminds me- None of the main characters have a drop of Japanese Blood in them

No, Froleytia doesn't count.
Old 2012-11-10, 09:21   Link #420
chancs

Quote:
Ah, that also reminds me- None of the main characters have a drop of Japanese Blood in them

No, Froleytia doesn't count.
Let Froleytia get some limelight. It will be more fun. And introduce a new girl

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen