AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 07:14   Link #441
novalysis

Still, I'd like to see how they squeeze everything into 20 minutes.

It seems from the PV that the Special Boss fight may only form a very short segment - the bulk of the episode might be devoted to how Kirito met the Black Cats, mentored Sachi and how the Black Cats got slaughtered and Sachi killed. The other 5 would be Klein being a massive bro, and Kirito soloing the boss in a few shots, before ending with the haunting sounds of Sachi singing Red Nose Reindeer.

Aaand, cue the ED. Thankfully, it's not a upbeat, but a melancholic one.

Well, I'd wonder what Non LN readers would think of Chapter 16 too, if they presumed both Sachi and Kirito... ahem....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 07:20   Link #442
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Episode previews are located on the main site.
http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index03.html
Oh derp, thanks.

@nova: I think you mean 'cue the ED'? ;p

The preview looks pretty intense.. but maybe's that just because we know what happens. x:
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 07:24   Link #443
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Oh derp, thanks.

@nova: I think you mean 'cue the ED'? ;p

The preview looks pretty intense.. but maybe's that just because we know what happens. x:
I'd judge this episode by the Episode 3 thread reactions. If Blogosphere and the anime threads burst in a torrent of tears, then they've adapted RNR properly. As LN Readers, I think our opinions are quite tainted, since most of us already either cried, or felt really felt emotionally affected by the end of RNR.

This is really the character defining episode for Kirito I think. If the audience sympathy is still not with Kirito, if Kirito still does not feel like a true character to them after this, if anyone dares level the charge generic, then this episode does not work for them.

To me, RNR is the episode that's either going to make or break the adaptation. Even conveying part of the emotion in the LN Across is adequate, but if they completely flop there, and we get hordes asking WTH should we care about Sachi, then they've failed.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:44   Link #444
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I'd judge this episode by the Episode 3 thread reactions. If Blogosphere and the anime threads burst in a torrent of tears, then they've adapted RNR properly. As LN Readers, I think our opinions are quite tainted, since most of us already either cried, or felt really felt emotionally affected by the end of RNR.

This is really the character defining episode for Kirito I think. If the audience sympathy is still not with Kirito, if Kirito still does not feel like a true character to them after this, if anyone dares level the charge generic, then this episode does not work for them.

To me, RNR is the episode that's either going to make or break the adaptation. Even conveying part of the emotion in the LN Across is adequate, but if they completely flop there, and we get hordes asking WTH should we care about Sachi, then they've failed.
Agreed. This will be the moment of truth for this adaptation. And I'm praying they really do nail it this time. If this episode works then us fans could heave our chests out proudly and declare that the hype was not at all unfounded. If it doesn't work then... lets just say it won't be pretty
Old 2012-07-18, 07:48   Link #445
Ray
Garnet

Quote:

Yeah, that's the best course of action. Another forum I frequent loved episode 2 (even the few that were L/N fans).

It definitely is. Here's hoping that they adapt it well.

We'll see. But.. you always have people asking why we should care about characters that are introduced at the start of an episode, and die at the end. It's possible to get to care with only 1 episode but.. it'll be difficult. Don't disappoint me, A-1.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:59   Link #446
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Nah. I'm just messing around LOL But seriously why did they include her when she's just going to appear for a few minutes in the entire show after they retconned her role in ep. 2 Confused much LOL Ah what the heck! It's ARGO THE RAT!!! BOOOYAH!!! And I imagine non LN readers are already discussing the "bed scene" LOL
That is what make me confuse the most as well

Quote:

That is pretty much best course of action I guess. That and keep our expectation as low as we can
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:00   Link #447
novalysis

Quote:
Yeah, that's the best course of action. Another forum I frequent loved episode 2 (even the few that were L/N fans).

It definitely is. Here's hoping that they adapt it well.

We'll see. But.. you always have people asking why we should care about characters that are introduced at the start of an episode, and die at the end. It's possible to get to care with only 1 episode but.. it'll be difficult. Don't disappoint me, A-1.
Well, we managed to care for Sachi in one single side story.

In any case, someone brought up this opinion on the Kirito character thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
My thoughts on the whole Sachi stuff.

I'm of the thought that Kirito didn't harbour any romantic feelings towards Sachi. I don't think he was oblivious of her feelings; but he just didn't feel that way, and even if he could had developed something for her, it was already too late.

If Sachi could've been revived, I feel that they would've developed an unhealthy romance, even if built on an obsession. But it would've been self-destructive.
I've always wondered how much Asuna knew about the entire affair. Perhaps Kirito was lucky he dodged a potentially very messy Love Triangle, in which both parties were prepared to compete for their claim. In canon , no-one else dared to contest Asuna's claim, and I prefer to think that Sinon's teasing in Calibur was just a joke, and made in the spirit of platonic friendship.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:01   Link #448
Ray
Garnet

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You really can't go wrong with that mindset.

@nova: Yeah, I suppose we did..

Kirito was very lucky to have dodged that Love Triangle.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:06   Link #449
novalysis

Quote:
Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You really can't go wrong with that mindset.

@nova: Yeah, I suppose we did..

Kirito was very lucky to have dodged that Love Triangle.
Well, I don't think he sees it that way. I am sure he does know that Sachi liked him in THAT manner.

Though if RNR had made him more reluctant to fall in love, I honestly wonder whether Silica unwittingly handed Asuna the victory by helping Kirito overcome the Sachi issue sufficiently for Asuna to reach him. Kirito's Harem serves Asuna, whether they know it or not.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:26   Link #450
Deltaray

Well from that episode 3 pv it seems we get Argo, 1 episode late, atleast there was character with whiskers, + Klein holding that guild with his own, fuck yeah.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:27   Link #451
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Well here is the PV of Episode 3 of SAO.
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/07/18/s...rd-episode-pv/
Someone posted it in the anime discussion thread. Looks like we get to see Argo on a strange whim of the anime creators. Question is, why the heck did they not credit her for the guide in the second episode then?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:30   Link #452
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Someone posted it in the anime discussion thread. Looks like we get to see Argo on a strange whim of the anime creators. Question is, why the heck did they not credit her for the guide in the second episode then?
Does it really matter, though?
Old 2012-07-18, 08:31   Link #453
Deltaray

Expecting rage from anime only viewers as this episode seems to tell Sachi's dead at the end of the episode, and Kirito has new (black) coat too.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:32   Link #454
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Believe me we're just as confused as you are But anyway at least we get a dose of Klein being an awesome bro as usual

And the PV doesn't really hint that they die. So it should still be a surprise.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:45   Link #455
Utsuro no Hako

If ep3 sucks, there'll be hundreds of posts from LN readers raging; if it's good, there'll be hundreds of posts from AO viewers weeping. Either way, the thread is going to be epic.

Too bad we can't tease the AO viewers with, "If you think this is bad, next week we get this:

What horrible fate awaits this cute loli?"
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:46   Link #456
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Expecting rage from anime only viewers as this episode seems to tell Sachi's dead at the end of the episode, and Kirito has new (black) coat too.
Well, did they want to see an ugly Love Triangle between Kirito, Saachi and Asuna?

Or even worse, a Grand Melee between Sacchi, Silica and Asuna, with poor Lizbeth on the side-lines.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:48   Link #457
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If ep3 sucks, there'll be hundreds of posts from LN readers raging; if it's good, there'll be hundreds of posts from AO viewers weeping. Either way, the thread is going to be epic.
Yeah, it's going to be lots of fun either way.

Quote:
Too bad we can't tease the AO viewers with, "If you think this is bad, next week we get this:

-snip-

What horrible fate awaits this cute loli?"
You, sir, are evil to the core.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:51   Link #458
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Well, did they want to see an ugly Love Triangle between Kirito, Saachi and Asuna?

Or even worse, a Grand Melee between Sacchi, Silica and Asuna, with poor Lizbeth on the side-lines.
Holy!... What the heck got into you painting scenes from the depths of harem hell like that? Granted that some people actually dig that sorta stuff
Old 2012-07-18, 10:03   Link #459
DurararaFTW

We get Argo, Klein, Kirito and Sachi relationship, they actually look to be fleshing out the three remaining Black Cats more then the light novel.

I am actually feeling some cautious optimism now. Very cautious.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:27   Link #460
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
To me, RNR is the episode that's either going to make or break the adaptation.
Yup, I've been dreading it ever since it became clear it was only going to be one episode, and placed right after Aria.

Quote:
As LN Readers, I think our opinions are quite tainted, since most of us already either cried, or felt really felt emotionally affected by the end of RNR.

what!, I...I didn't cry! those were tears of... allergy! yes, allergy!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote