AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-19, 18:43   Link #181
Kadrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
This was a pretty good episode, I'm really liking the soundtrack for this show, I may have to acquire the opening and closing songs when they're released. Wow that one girl has Saya's sword from Blood+ only with out the gemstone. The school nurse smoking still cracks me up, it's something I've never seen before.
The opening's out, actually. 8D
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 20:47   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 23:18   Link #183
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Bats in public? It reminds me more of Sentou Oumi hitting an invisible Plug.

I have a feeling this will be more heroine centric than story centric.
Old 2009-10-20, 23:58   Link #184
Doria

Ha ha, no, not bats in quite that manner. Not that I've anything against Misuzu, who's my favorite character so far... But yeah, I wouldn't expect to see a scene quite like Juuden-chan's use of bats. Nice image, though, ha ha.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:40   Link #185
Wrath88
Kissing...

As I haven't reached this part in the game yet, I still have to say that some parts of it seem disjointed, like how Misuzu finds the pair afterwards, which hopefully they'll explain in coming episodes. At least they keep the 'Red Night comes suddenly' feel, I like seeing that glass breaking effect.

Stuff I'm theorizing about or just pointing out:
Spoiler:

Game differences that I just point out for the fun of it:
Spoiler for Includes my meagre progress, not recommended for those who don't play:
Old 2009-10-21, 11:10   Link #186
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Nice presentation, but plot ...

Characters ... ... their prospects for development ...

Still, that latin/hungarian/romanian that lead into the OP are priceless as is the OP itself ... cheesy, but I love them. Plus, there are all those Persona influences that I love
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:58   Link #187
Midonin
Last Engage

Ayane, spelled in kanji, means "painting with sound". "Arrival of Tears" lives up to that name.

[Edit: This video is no longer available.]

Spoiler for 11eyes 03 - The Deep Fat Friars:

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-10-21 at 13:45.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 12:25   Link #188
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep 3:
Old 2009-10-21, 12:25   Link #189
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I fairly enjoyed this episode ... up until the last third of it - what did they do to the fight

The developments felt somewhat rushed, and Gura's fight with Misuzu and Ira's chase of Kakeru and Yuka (He didn't manage to catch up on them ...ya right) felt quite anticlimactic. It is possible i am biased due to my game knowledge here, but the fights don't even compare - this one did Gura no justice and made him look like a weakling instead.

Spoiler for Comparison (rant? :heh:) compared to the game fight:

So ... yeah. Ah well - i just hope they do the other knights more justice than Gura got, though Ira's chase after Kakeru and Yuka and his gorilla stomping on the car roof didn't leave me exactly hopeful It will be interesting to see where they are going with keeping Kukuri's appearances wrapped in mystery and what that would lead to in the end.
Old 2009-10-21, 12:29   Link #190
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I fairly enjoyed this episode ... up until the last third of it - what did they do to the fight

The developments felt somewhat rushed, and Gura's fight with Misuzu and Ira's chase of Kakeru and Yuka (He didn't manage to catch up on them ...ya right) felt quite anticlimactic. It is possible i am biased due to my game knowledge here, but the fights don't even compare - this one did Gura no justice and made him look like a weakling instead.

So ... yeah. Ah well - i just hope they do the other knights more justice than Gura got, though Ira's chase after Kakeru and Yuka and his gorilla stomping on the car roof didn't leave me exactly hopeful It will be interesting to see where they are going with keeping Kukuri's appearances wrapped in mystery and what that would lead to in the end.
Damn that was a good fight. They have to redo it now. Just reading it makes it more impressive than what the anime put out there .

I'd agree the chase scene was pretty anticlimatic. Of course he found them. They had to open the van door and then close it which is hardly a quiet thing especially when he was walking right beside the vehicle. He would have had to be an idiot to miss them. Got a bit better once they were in danger of being killed since Misuzu was pretty busy at the moment.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:54   Link #191
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

I don`t even want to watch the episode now
Old 2009-10-21, 15:41   Link #192
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
After see episode 3
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-21, 16:30   Link #193
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm a bit inclined to call that big guy Yammi.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 16:46   Link #194
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I'm a bit inclined to call that big guy Yammi.
Might be acceptable for his anime version.

His game version is like Berserker minus godhand.
Old 2009-10-21, 21:35   Link #195
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
That wasn't a bat...
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 22:46   Link #196
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is definitely not my genre of anime, but I've surprised myself by enjoying it so far. Can someone please tell me why everyone is so...
Spoiler for ep3:
I've liked the fact that we were thrown directly into the action and are being gradually introduced to the concepts and the characters as we go on. The frequent pantsu, while not exactly off-putting, have seemed a little weird. Is this normal in anime or games of this kind? Or is it just the fashion of the last half of 2009?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 23:24   Link #197
Wrath88
Kissing...

Pantsu fashion... who can tell? Those who are disappointed about the fight is because the guy went down pretty easily for all he was one of the six bosses.
Old 2009-10-22, 00:33   Link #198
Johnny
Working the bags...

Haven't played the game so everything is all new to me. After 3 episodes I'm still in the dark as to what's going on. With what only 12 episodes I have a sudden fear that this will turn out to be another Asura Cryin. Where I was left scratching my head like I'd just been Rick Rolled...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:36   Link #199
Wrath88
Kissing...

To sum up for those who have no experience with the game whatsoever:

In Ayamegaoka, Satsuki Kakeru and Minase Yuka are childhood friends who somewhere find themselves in another dimension which resembles a red-colored night, hence the term Red Night. (Think Silent Hill transitions) The place is filled with hostile monsters, as well as six other humanoid beings they call Black Knights, who guard over a girl encased in crystal where the landmark tower of the town should be. The Red Night seems to include only them and a few others, like Kusakabe Misuzu and Hitohara Yukiko.

So yeah, that's the basic gist of what has occurred this past 3 episodes. Questions that will most likely be addressed in later episodes are:
1. Who else is in the Red Night (obviously we know thanks to the OP) and why (this is the more interesting area)
2. Who are the Black Knights, and the girl they guard?
That's pretty much the main questions that hold the story.
Old 2009-10-22, 01:59   Link #200
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, episode 3 gave a hint to the identity of the imprisoned girl, though why the Black Knights are imprisoning her remains to be seen...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen