AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 12:35   Link #1481
Miraluka
Banned

LOL, so Nadeko got a death flag. To be honest I'm didn't bite the hook of the plot for this series until know, and the reasonwhy I still watch/read is because of Nadeko, Kisshot and Hanekawa.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 04:43   Link #1482
circleman

Cover for 恋物語 (Koimonogatari) + some info

circleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 05:42   Link #1483
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

^Translate now!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 05:52   Link #1484
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh God, that picture is such a flag, I sure hope I'm wrong.
Old 2011-11-28, 06:41   Link #1485
circleman

Tried to translate the important parts... by the way my Japanese is by no means perfect so feel free to correct my translation

"Don't you think unrequited love that lasts forever is happier than mutual love?"
Senjougahara Hitagi made a deal with the gods with her life in order to protect Araragi Koyomi.
As winter holidays approach with the promised "death anniversary", she chose the darkest and the worst option...

Not sure what the context of 命日 here was. It normally means death anniversary. Can someone help me out on that?
circleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 06:48   Link #1486
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleman View Post
Tried to translate the important parts... by the way my Japanese is by no means perfect so feel free to correct my translation

"Don't you think unrequited love that lasts forever is happier than mutual love?"
Senjougahara Hitagi made a deal with the gods with her life in order to protect Araragi Koyomi.
As winter holidays approach with the promised "death anniversary", she chose the darkest and the worst option...

Not sure what the context of 命日 here was. It normally means death anniversary. Can someone help me out on that?
You...Nisio...GAHAGSHSJJASAKDHKakh!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-11-28, 06:59   Link #1487
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

I think it means "destined day".
Old 2011-11-28, 08:13   Link #1488
Shikijin

In the bottom, there is written "I have a youth so that I can love you".

(note the pronoun "kimi". IIRC Senjougahara used "anata", and Araragi used "omae", so it should be someone else)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 08:15   Link #1489
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think it means "destined day".
Yup. I'm pretty certain it's referring to the appointed day after graduation, and that what circleman has translated as "the gods" is meant to refer to Nadeko...

=> As the destined day draws near, in the winter holidays it encroaches upon

What she chose was the darkest and worst option...

edit: @Shikijin: good point => leaving these two lines separate makes far more sense.

Second last line:

"Under that enormous pressure, the <story> creaks, wails*, and lets out a scream."

*the kanji is actually the one for 'tears' (涙) but the word comes from 'to distort' (捩れる).

ninja'd for the last line.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-11-28 at 09:24.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 09:07   Link #1490
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Yup. I'm pretty certain it's referring to the appointed day after graduation, and that what circleman has translated as "the gods" is meant to refer to Nadeko...
Now that you mention it, it all fits perfectly. Even the "darkest option" could just be the fact she asked Nadeko to kill her before Araragi. These are all informations we already know.

In short, while it sounded scary at first, there is actually nothing bleak

(For a moment it made me think of the last Nisio book I read, Cannibal Magical. That was certainly something I didn't see coming)
Old 2011-11-28, 10:22   Link #1491
zato_1one

If she doesn't wear the same dress, I probably can't recognize her at all.
Old 2011-11-28, 10:26   Link #1492
Miraluka
Banned

So is she what I think she is? I'm confused with different clothing... orz.
Old 2011-11-28, 10:36   Link #1493
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, am I missing something here? I see you guys seeing flags and screaming bloody murder yet I only see Hitagi in between two trains....that's it.
Old 2011-11-28, 10:39   Link #1494
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So is she what I think she is? I'm confused with different clothing... orz.
She is Hitagi, of course. Who do you think she is?
Old 2011-11-28, 10:58   Link #1495
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Okay, am I missing something here? I see you guys seeing flags and screaming bloody murder yet I only see Hitagi in between two trains....that's it.
Yeah, and if you look better at it those sentences were very likely to refer to things we already know. Also, Hanamonogatari testified Hitagi is still alive.

All this ado is fun though
Old 2011-11-28, 11:25   Link #1496
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
She is Hitagi, of course. Who do you think she is?
Well, who knows, actually I can't see the image well, its all blurred... damn you Failtiguard!!!
Old 2011-11-28, 15:42   Link #1497
Aleister

Oh man, Nisio is unpredictable, I hope Senjougahara gets out of this well. And with Koyomi.
Maybe Nisio didn't mention her in a more complete way in Hana because he hadn't decided what to do with her. Koi is make or break.

Oh, too many spoilers at once... My head is spinning... Let me see if I got this down... There is no confirmation that she is alive on Hana other than not being said that she is dead? Oh, f*** me twice on sunday...

Last edited by Aleister; 2011-11-28 at 15:55.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:25   Link #1498
Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Yeah, and if you look better at it those sentences were very likely to refer to things we already know. Also, Hanamonogatari testified Hitagi is still alive.

All this ado is fun though
Exactly: the fact that Hitagi will survive to this battle, is totally out of question.

I read it and I only can think that everything in those phrases refers to Nadeko, and the fact that she did ask for the favour of the gods, the worse choice she could make, and that now she´s waiting to face her destiny.

I think that her destiny is quite simple: resign by her own to love Araragi, and trying to kill him with all her efforts, just because that was what she agreed with Senjougahara, and as a godess now she can't turn back about it.

If she's going to be killed or not, it's something that only Nisio can decide.

Remember that this will be just a second part of Otorimono, and Hitagi (as Mayoi did in Kabuki) maybe won't have an important role this time, unless she is going to be the one who will kill my beloved loli *~*

---

Btw, in ANN there's a New where they say that Nisio will start a New Proyect, but I don't understand: is it a Bakemonogatari's Spinoff? Or it will be a totally new proyect? Because everytime they use to talk about this proyect, they also talk about the Second Season of the Monogatari series. It sounds like it's the second but no the last one.

Ah, and I'm still waiting for my awesum~ summary of Onimonogatari... or it was made and I didn't realize about it?
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 20:00   Link #1499
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
(For a moment it made me think of the last Nisio book I read, Cannibal Magical. That was certainly something I didn't see coming)
Why, why, WHY you gotta remind me of that? I was so depressed for such a long time after that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Btw, in ANN there's a New where they say that Nisio will start a New Proyect, but I don't understand: is it a Bakemonogatari's Spinoff? Or it will be a totally new proyect? Because everytime they use to talk about this proyect, they also talk about the Second Season of the Monogatari series. It sounds like it's the second but no the last one.
>>This post. New "project" has nothing to do with Monogatari series. Koi is the end of "season 2" (please no season 3).

Quote:
This is worse than Hitagi dying.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 02:31   Link #1500
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Btw, in ANN there's a New where they say that Nisio will start a New Proyect
It's Tantei Toshi Densetsu (Detective Urban Legends). It has nothing to do with bake.
Quote:
Ah, and I'm still waiting for my awesum~ summary of Onimonogatari... or it was made and I didn't realize about it?
The novel should come out December 11. Kodansha's website just showed us the cover.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance