AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-31, 14:28   Link #2781
taelrak

Quote:
Have a feeling that Raki might be the one that kills Priscilla to fulfull his desire/dream to protect Clare. Would add some tension and inner conflict to the Raki character that he has to make a choice and he must have feelings for both. Or Raki could stay the helpless character he is now and gets injured causing Clare to go berserk on Priscilla.
I actually think he will decide in favor of Priscilla, not because he likes her more, as he probably will always think of Clare first and foremost, but because it's his role in the story to be the great humanizer and redeem those who already lost their humanity.

He probably realizes on an instinctual level, even as Galatea did when Clare went berserk and tried to kill Rifel, that if Clare does succeed in her revenge as an AB, she'd never be able to turn back. Also, it could well be his role to bridge Clare and Priscilla's vengeance and hatred and be the one to bring out forgiveness and compassion to them.

It will most likely be Rifel's protection of Priscilla that brings Clare out of her berserk mode and drags her back from being fully awakened in her fight with Priscilla. It will probably be his sacrifice that will make Clare realize that her and Priscilla's roles have been reversed and bring her back to sanity.

This is also why, ultimately, I don't believe Priscilla will be the "enemy" so to speak - it will be the Organization itself.
Old 2007-07-31, 15:07   Link #2782
half_awake
...and faintly smiling!

I'm not sure Galatea thought Clare personally couldn't come back from being an AB; it was more that she couldn't believe it was possible for anyone. I do agree with the possibility of Raki trying to protect Priscilla from Clare - not because he prefers Priscilla, but (as you said) because he wants Clare to preserve her humanity. That's why the great tragedy of the story (if it does progress this way) may be Clare killing/severely injuring Raki in an attempt to get to Priscilla. If the plot plays out like this, I think the likelihood of Clare dying/killing herself/sacrificing herself goes up substantially.

Regarding the organization being the final enemy, I had a flash picture in my head of, at some cliffhanger/teaser point in the story, Rubel with his usual sunglasses preventing you from seeing his eyes... while one of the Claymores walks away from him, he smiles in a subtly devious way (as per usual) - but his mouth just slightly opens and the sharp teeth of a Yoma become visible. It'd be a cool way, somewhere down the line, of revealing the organization as suspect/dangerous.
Old 2007-07-31, 15:12   Link #2783
Seska

Well, in the 7 Years jump. I bet, that the bond between Raki and Pricilla will deepen, as a Sister and Brother think. Where Isley will be some art of Sensei or Big Onii-san...

("it's like he guiding my Arm to perfection. So i can learn Sword fighting" the gist, Raki's lesson with Isley)

The wight that Clare holds in raki heart, will be nearly even with the wight for this two, in the meantime... or the Writer has something against it... (i only remembers on some "hime" Serie von "Moonfallen"<-Ironic..)
Old 2007-07-31, 15:49   Link #2784
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I don't think it will be brother and sister level, it will be more.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:49   Link #2785
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Yea The Way Priscilla "Clings" To Raki inst like a bro and sister more like lovers
Old 2007-07-31, 17:16   Link #2786
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quichy20709 View Post
Yea The Way Priscilla "Clings" To Raki inst like a bro and sister more like lovers
Is it possibly, although by a remote chance, that Priscilla clings onto Raki because...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-31, 17:18   Link #2787
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Okay that´s just sad;_;
Old 2007-08-01, 04:05   Link #2788
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

November seems a long ways a way. Good thing we have another extra coming up soon!

I've been thinking. What is going to happen to Riful? Will she show up again any time soon? Is she really pissed at Clare? Or will she just avoid fighting again?
Old 2007-08-01, 04:51   Link #2789
wpnsiu86

I don't think riful will show up soon... she's got her share of the limelight in the previous chapters...

The next few chapters will be all about miata and galatea and the fab4... and possibly rafela... and i hope to see some awesome fights... really interested to see what happens to clarice... since she is a really weak claymore who has some control over a insanely strong miata...

But it is really a pain to have to wait till nov... i really wan to see galatea... ;(
Old 2007-08-01, 06:16   Link #2790
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
(...)
Is she really pissed at Clare? (...)
Definitely yes. Not only Clare refused to her offer, but she easily escaped from Riful too. Another strong foe appeared before her eyes and she couldn't kill her although she was one of the most powerful beings. She must have been really irritated about this. Nonetheless I don't think that she will try to fight Clare openly again. Firstly, she has the same goal as her - she wants Priscilla dead or at least neutralized. Secondly, she doesn't want to embarass herself anymore, she couldn't kill her at that moment, she will have more problems with her in the future.

Riful said to Clare sth like this: "I'm more interested in Galatea than in you but you will suffice". I think she wasn't completely honest when she said that. She wanted Clare as badly as she wanted Galatea, it was just psychological contrivance to let her think that way. Unfortunately for her, she revealed her secrets to Clare and gained nothing. Riful is proud and she wouldn't want anyone to know that she's desperate at the moment.
Old 2007-08-01, 11:19   Link #2791
Dekigokoro
Abyssal one of the NWest.

So I don't get it, just two days ago someone told me that the new chapter would come out in the first few days of this month...now why do we have to wait until freaking November?
Old 2007-08-01, 11:43   Link #2792
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Riful said to Clare sth like this: "I'm more interested in Galatea than in you but you will suffice". I think she wasn't completely honest when she said that. She wanted Clare as badly as she wanted Galatea, it was just psychological contrivance to let her think that way. Unfortunately for her, she revealed her secrets to Clare and gained nothing. Riful is proud and she wouldn't want anyone to know that she's desperate at the moment.
Actually, she really wants Galatea, probably more than Clare. Like Riful said, she wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. She knows that Galatea is superb in this area, plus, she can manipulate youki, something even more difficult.

Riful wasn't interested about Clare in the beginning, she even let Duff do as he wanted when Clare was coming. But in the middle of the battle, as Clare fought with all her strength and tenacity, even passing her limits and coming back, (another thing that took Riful's attention) Riful realized how worth Clare is. So worth that she now really wants Clare to be her ally.

But again, Riful wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. Clare realized how strong Riful is, but only when she was really close to Riful. Galatea knew it since or even (probably) before she was there.

Clare has a good 'Claymore radar', but it can't compare it with Galatea's expertise.

I think the key question would be why she wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. What did she find (as she says) that would eliminate all her power disadvantage, compared with Easley/Priscilla?

That thing, was exactely what made Riful want Clare so badly that time. Because she wants (again) a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki, even if she can sense a little. The true meaning of this is that she wants someone who can manipulate youki. Galatea would be the perfect one for this, that's why Riful is even more interested in Galatea than Clare. Also, she quotes Galatea two times and say how fitting she would be for this.

But here stands the question. Why? And what would be that thing?

Last edited by Fate_Archer; 2007-08-01 at 21:42.
Old 2007-08-01, 11:43   Link #2793
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekigokoro View Post
So I don't get it, just two days ago someone told me that the new chapter would come out in the first few days of this month...now why do we have to wait until freaking November?
This month, and until November, we get Extra Scenes, like the last chapter with Teresa.

In November, hopefully, we get back to the main story.
Old 2007-08-01, 11:53   Link #2794
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
Actually, she really wants Galatea, probably more than Clare. Like Riful said, she wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. She knows that Galatea is superb in this area, plus, she can manipulate youki, something even more difficult.

Riful wasn't interested about Clare in the beginning, she even let Duff do as he wanted when Clare was coming. But in the middle of the battle, as Clare fought with all her strength and tenacity, even passing her limits and coming back, (another thing that took Riful's attention) Riful realized how worthy Clare is. So worthy that she now really wants Clare to be her ally.

But again, Riful wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. Clare realized how strong Riful is, but only when she was really close to Riful. Galatea knew it since or even (probably) before she was there.

Clare has a good 'Claymore radar', but it can't compare it with Galatea's expertise.

I think the key question would be why she wants a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki. What did she find (as she says) that would eliminate all her power disadvantage, compared with Easley/Priscilla?

That thing, was exactely what made Riful want Clare so badly that time. Because she wants (again) a Claymore who excels at reading/sensing youki, even if she can sense a little. The true meaning of this is that she wants someone who can manipulate youki. Galatea would be the perfect one for this, that's why Riful is even more interested in Galatea than Clare. Also, she quotes Galatea two times and say how fitting she would be for this.

But here stands the question. Why? And what would be that thing?
Agreed. Rifel has no need of Clare as a fighter or for her skills - other than perhaps an amused condescending type of interest for her ability to half-awaken. She just wants someone to excel at manipulating yoki, and as far as she knows, Galatea was far better at that than Clare. She even said, she could care less how strong Clare has gotten over 7 years - she'd just as soon rip off her limbs so she couldn't move and just use her as a yoki sensor/manipulator.
Old 2007-08-01, 18:54   Link #2795
taelrak

Someone mentioned something about Clare splitting into Teresa.

So if Teresa appears, either from Clare, or from some experiment from the Org, I wonder if Clare would ever be able to defeat her.
Old 2007-08-01, 20:21   Link #2796
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Naw, even Zombie Teresa would be too hard core for anyone to kill in a straight fight .
Old 2007-08-01, 21:31   Link #2797
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
well maybe Irene :10% any1}
Old 2007-08-02, 00:30   Link #2798
tritoch

I think the post 7-year timeskip, all 7 of those can match Teresa.. I said match.. actually trying to kill her would be another discussion.
Old 2007-08-02, 00:40   Link #2799
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I doubt they'd do any better than Irene's team. And they don't have a Priscilla to awaken into something monstrous.
Old 2007-08-02, 00:53   Link #2800
tritoch

For argument's sake:

Maybe Miria and Clare can stand toe to toe. Teresa is the best when it comes to sensing yoki and right now, those 7 people have completely suppressed their yoki that they can even kill AB w/o unleashing yoki.

Reminds you of? Priscilla. Priscilla was known to suppress her yoki to incredible limits. The only thing that she lacked then was.. experience.

I'd say 7 years of practicing skills w/o using yoki/yoma powers will prove to be a match for Teresa. Ofcourse, we only got a glimpse of Teresa's yomi powers too so it might turn out differently but it is interesting to say that those 7 might be able to sense every yoki from every pore coming out of someone with the training they did (I might exaggerated a bit.. forgive me )

P.S. maybe just 4 of the main ones. I doubt Cynthia, Tabitha and Youma are strong enough though.
Closed Thread