Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:19   Link #942
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Can 0 Gundam goes TransAm?
Yes, it can. Every GN-Drive had the software for Trans-AM, and it activated in every single GN-Drive at once. Both Exia and Astraea were in combat situations when it first activated; and 0 Gundam's GN-Drive was in the Astraea.
Old 2009-06-20, 12:45   Link #943
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

SF does not have Wings Of Light like Destiny so then what are the blue wings?

^^This^^
Is it the Voiture Lumière thruster?
Old 2009-06-20, 13:15   Link #944
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
SF does not have Wings Of Light like Destiny so then what are the blue wings?

^^This^^
Is it the Voiture Lumière thruster?
The Strike Freedom DOES have wings of light; it was retconned later in the series and then the DVDs and movies edited the wings into appearing as early as the mobile suit's first appearance. Strike Freedom and Destiny's wings of light were based off of the Voiture Lumière as you guessed; but the Strike Freedom's wings of light do not utilize the mirage colloid system used by the Destiny, which is why there's no afterimage effects whenever the Strike Freedom is used.
Old 2009-06-20, 19:36   Link #945
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Tnx Hellbore and 4Tran.

I was excited about further Gundam and went to watch Gundam 00 but the quality ( the artwork, graphics ) was so crap that I have decided not to watch it beyond episode 1. Even Samurai X looked better!

Why the downgrade in artwork quality from Gundam Seed Destiny?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 20:15   Link #946
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Tnx Hellbore and 4Tran.

I was excited about further Gundam and went to watch Gundam 00 but the quality ( the artwork, graphics ) was so crap that I have decided not to watch it beyond episode 1. Even Samurai X looked better!

Um, what? 00's artwork and graphics are, if nothing else, better than Gundam SEED. The difference is the artist, really. If you had shitty quality, it probably wasn't because of the show but because what whatever was being used to play it.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:58   Link #947
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol, seems like someone else who doesn't know the meaning and difference between taste, style, quality, graphics and animation.

If the style of artwork, graphics and animation doesn't suit your taste, it does not mean the quality is bad.

Lets see, Gundam 00 is made using CG, HQ, widescreen and even had HD bluray, could graphics actually be bad? In artistic and animation sense, 00 had very clean graphics, good graphics due to the use of CG animation.

Artwork is bad? Kouga Yun's designs are great, mecha designs are slick, they've recieved lots of praise for artwork.

On top of that, there's almost no reused scenes, seiyuu did a great job, Miyano Mamoru and Hiroshi Kamiya both won seiyuu awards for their voices in Setsuna and Tieria.

The word here is taste, Gundam 00 no doubt has the best quality for a Gundam series, but the style may not appeal to some, which is a matter of taste. If you like Gundam SEEDs bright colours, colourful hair, big eyes and reused animation, you'd be turned off by the style of 00. Old school hand drawn animation has their own charms, but its still a matter of taste.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 08:49   Link #948
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hah, i guess the younger generations these days prefer bright colours, men who resemble girls, & multiple overused stock footages.

by the way, i have a question about the Crossbone Gundam:
Spoiler for Crossbone ending:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 08:51   Link #949
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The word here is taste, Gundam 00 no doubt has the best quality for a Gundam series, but the style may not appeal to some, which is a matter of taste. If you like Gundam SEEDs bright colours, colourful hair, big eyes and reused animation, you'd be turned off by the style of 00. Old school hand drawn animation has their own charms, but its still a matter of taste.
Well those two aren't exactly criteria he'd be disappointed by... Gundam 00 does use a rather colorful and shiny palette, similar to the original Gundam Seed (Seed Destiny uses a more washed out look that's more similar to Code Geass, and IMO, more appropriate for this type of setting). And as for colorful hair... Innovators anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
hah, i guess the younger generations these days prefer bright colours, men who look like girls, & stock multiple overused footages.

by the way, i have a question about the Crossbone Gundam:
Spoiler for Crossbone ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-21, 11:06   Link #950
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well those two aren't exactly criteria he'd be disappointed by... Gundam 00 does use a rather colorful and shiny palette, similar to the original Gundam Seed (Seed Destiny uses a more washed out look that's more similar to Code Geass, and IMO, more appropriate for this type of setting). And as for colorful hair... Innovators anyone?
Well, he has only watched 1 episode, so he has missed out on all the colours lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:31   Link #951
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Tnx Hellbore and 4Tran.

...Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Um, what? 00's artwork and graphics are, if nothing else, better than Gundam SEED. The difference is the artist, really. If you had shitty quality, it probably wasn't because of the show but because what whatever was being used to play it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
lol, seems like someone else who doesn't know the meaning and difference between taste, style, quality, graphics and animation.

If the style of artwork, graphics and animation doesn't suit your taste, it does not mean the quality is bad.

Lets see, Gundam 00 is made using CG, HQ, widescreen and even had HD bluray, could graphics actually be bad? In artistic and animation sense, 00 had very clean graphics, good graphics due to the use of CG animation.

Artwork is bad? Kouga Yun's designs are great, mecha designs are slick, they've recieved lots of praise for artwork.

On top of that, there's almost no reused scenes, seiyuu did a great job, Miyano Mamoru and Hiroshi Kamiya both won seiyuu awards for their voices in Setsuna and Tieria.

I agree completely. It's all in the preference of the viewer. I've really been enjoying 00. It and Turn A really stand out to me for using unusual mech designs, and I've really grown to like the Exia.
I never did like Destiny all that much. It was decent, but the reused animation and rehashed Zeta story really kinda put it in a low spot for me.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 00:00   Link #952
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Destiny gundam was pretty cool especially with the hands ^o^
the Dynamic kill in SRWZ for Destiny was pretty cool
Old 2009-06-29, 04:19   Link #953
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

In episode 10 of the 08th MS Team, they say that a nuclear explosion is what happens when a Mobile Suit is destroyed.

Makes sense, they have nuclear reactors. Now my question is, how come in several UC series, MS are shown exploding normally? They may have big explosions, but not nuclear.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:55   Link #954
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
In episode 10 of the 08th MS Team, they say that a nuclear explosion is what happens when a Mobile Suit is destroyed.

Makes sense, they have nuclear reactors. Now my question is, how come in several UC series, MS are shown exploding normally? They may have big explosions, but not nuclear.
It's only a nuclear explosion if the reactor is hit. That's why when Karen had a perfect shot at the MS that was on her (I believe it was Norris's Gouf, but I might be wrong) she didn't shoot, she said that if she shot she would hit the reactor.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:55   Link #955
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

But look at 0083, when Zeon stole the GP02, that one GM got blasted with a Racketen Bazooka by a Dom. At point blank range, that was a normal explosion too.

Mobile Suits throughout the UC series explode into tiny pieces of metal and are fully destroyed, but no nuclear explosion. When they're hit, it may not be directly in the reactor, but, the reactor will be destroyed in the rest of the explosion. So why no mushroom cloud?

Does the reactor shut off when the MS has critical damage?
Old 2009-06-30, 07:16   Link #956
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i thought that U.C.'S Minovsky reactors were totally different from Nuclear reactors because of their "raw materials" which were mined from Jupiter?

& also they have some sort of "stabilizing device" to prevent such huge explosions but some of them failed due to getting "damaged first" or even technical failures?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:29   Link #957
4Tran

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, nuclear reactors will not explode in nuclear reactions. Fission reactions will generally fizzle out if the precise environmental conditions aren't maintained, and fusion ones are even more dependent on proper conditions to operate. At best, one would see a steam explosion or something equivalent.

For the UC shows, mobile suit powerplants operate on fusion principles initiated/aided by Minovsky particles. This process is totally different from fusion as we know it, and such an engine apparently has the potential to cause huge (nuclear or not) explosions when it is penetrated by beam weapons. This can be seen in the very first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam where Amuro destroys his first Zaku II and a huge explosion ensues, penetrating the floor of the colony they were in. He then tries to make sure that he avoids the engine later in that episode.

Quote:
Mobile Suits throughout the UC series explode into tiny pieces of metal and are fully destroyed, but no nuclear explosion. When they're hit, it may not be directly in the reactor, but, the reactor will be destroyed in the rest of the explosion. So why no mushroom cloud?

Does the reactor shut off when the MS has critical damage?
The massive engine explosion is something that's brought up largely by plot and ignored otherwise. There really isn't all that much to read into. As far as the shows have demonstrated, reactors will not shut off automatically; instead, the failure tends to be on the catastrophic side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i thought that U.C.'S Minovsky reactors were totally different from Nuclear reactors because of their "raw materials" which were mined from Jupiter?

& also they have some sort of "stabilizing device" to prevent such huge explosions but some of them failed due to getting "damaged first" or even technical failures?
I can't recall any such safety mechanisms being brought up in the UC shows. As far as Minovsky reactors being different, they would be different because they bear little to no relationship to fusion reactions as we know them, not because of what their raw materials are (in this case, helium-3 which would be used in normal fusion as well).
Old 2009-07-01, 04:14   Link #958
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Thanks 4Tran.
Old 2009-07-03, 19:17   Link #959
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Contrary to popular belief, nuclear reactors will not explode in nuclear reactions. Fission reactions will generally fizzle out if the precise environmental conditions aren't maintained, and fusion ones are even more dependent on proper conditions to operate. At best, one would see a steam explosion or something equivalent.

For the UC shows, mobile suit powerplants operate on fusion principles initiated/aided by Minovsky particles. This process is totally different from fusion as we know it, and such an engine apparently has the potential to cause huge (nuclear or not) explosions when it is penetrated by beam weapons. This can be seen in the very first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam where Amuro destroys his first Zaku II and a huge explosion ensues, penetrating the floor of the colony they were in. He then tries to make sure that he avoids the engine later in that episode.

The massive engine explosion is something that's brought up largely by plot and ignored otherwise. There really isn't all that much to read into. As far as the shows have demonstrated, reactors will not shut off automatically; instead, the failure tends to be on the catastrophic side.

I can't recall any such safety mechanisms being brought up in the UC shows. As far as Minovsky reactors being different, they would be different because they bear little to no relationship to fusion reactions as we know them, not because of what their raw materials are (in this case, helium-3 which would be used in normal fusion as well).
Is it possible that most of the explosions are from an explosion in the fuel line? I've never heard of helium being very flammable, but with enough compressed helium-3 to keep a suit running for half an hour or so, it's possible that it could ignite after getting hit by a beam, causing the explosion.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 01:17   Link #960
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I will guess that if a beam hits the reactor, but doesn't hit one of the magnets that create the containment field, it will enter the reaction chamber, and the extra pressure and energy from the beam will push the fusion reaction to a higher level, and release more energy than the reactor can contain.