AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-25, 18:26   Link #21
Thelastguardian

I remember watching cyber formula when it first aired XD I was totally addicted to it

Racing-related anime is always rare in the grand tradition of if-you-can-kill-it-we-can-air-it anime world. In addition to the three shows mentioned above, there is one (or three if you count the sequeals) that is about 4WD model car racing XD (some of you that are more elder in watching anime bound to know what I am talkig about). I remember the days when that anime was air kids rushed to spend +100$ to buy upgrade parts for their model cars so that they could beat other kids in track racing

Anyone know what that anime is call? I don't know what the anime is call in English.
Old 2004-08-25, 18:57   Link #22
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I think everyone knows Speed Racer and it's not really Formula-1. I don't think F1 races underwater, thru volcano caves and has jumps over cliffs...
Hey! I never said it was a Formula-1 anime, just that cyber formula (which I never heard of until now) its not the only thing close to an F1 anime... and, besides the volcano caves and cliffs, there were races too in speed racer iirc

anyway I would prefer an anime with vanship racers from last exile rather than with F1 cars ^_^
Old 2004-09-03, 17:25   Link #23
Yoska
フランキー

Here is a F1 comic.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...802354-4881852

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-04 at 07:10.
Old 2004-09-03, 19:25   Link #24
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
I remember watching cyber formula when it first aired XD I was totally addicted to it

Racing-related anime is always rare in the grand tradition of if-you-can-kill-it-we-can-air-it anime world. In addition to the three shows mentioned above, there is one (or three if you count the sequeals) that is about 4WD model car racing XD (some of you that are more elder in watching anime bound to know what I am talkig about). I remember the days when that anime was air kids rushed to spend +100$ to buy upgrade parts for their model cars so that they could beat other kids in track racing

Anyone know what that anime is call? I don't know what the anime is call in English.
Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go is probably what you're thinking.
Old 2004-12-08, 07:23   Link #25
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I think everyone knows Speed Racer and it's not really Formula-1. I don't think F1 races underwater, thru volcano caves and has jumps over cliffs...

BTW. As for F1 being copyright and not being able to appear in an anime. I just noticed in the latest translated Yakitate! Japan chapter that they are baking bread for F1 drivers (mentioned by name) in the Monaco Grand Prix.

So maybe it's not a copyright issue?
There's such a chapter?! Do you happen to remember which one is it?

----------------------------

I know I've posted this thread a long time ago but only now I watched Initial D 4th Stage. Wow... With CG like that it wouldn't be very hard to produce some fantastic CG F1 cars!

I for once sure would like to see sato (or an equivalent local ficticious hero, like... takeshi ) battling against michael schumacher! (or raikkonen, alonso, webber or button (the next generation of F1 stars), for that matter)

----------------------------

BTW, what was wrong with the TV director of the 2004 japanese GP?!

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2004-12-08 at 07:41.
Old 2004-12-08, 10:25   Link #26
ato
Oups...

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I have a hazy memory of an anime I saw once in my distant youth featuring a young race driver being tutored by a mystery master that turned out to be the actual (post accident) Niki Lauda. Don't think I ever knew the name of the anime in question though

As for the producer of the last Suzuka race - His Takuma Sato fanboyism could only be matched by his poor sense of timing. Resulting in a truly sucky race coverage

Last edited by ato; 2004-12-08 at 11:00.
Old 2004-12-08, 10:45   Link #27
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero
There are rules about certain things but the whole braking, turning max speed, etc.. are calculated for the drivers.
You'd be a fool to follow those computers. Schumacher is known for consistently going faster than the computer says is possible. That's why he's god. I still find Formula very interesting as I'm a road racing nut, but if someone was to give a good reason it sucked, it's because Schumacher pretty much always wins unless something goes wrong.
Old 2004-12-09, 18:48   Link #28
Bullsquat
Strange Love

How about a NASCAR anime? that would be awesome too. The final episode will be in Daytona Beach, just like in the game. God knows I've wasted so much coins on that game. I'd spent even more for the anime.
Old 2004-12-09, 21:01   Link #29
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

I do hear the Japanese love Nascar. I couldn't even begin to wonder about that fascination. Action scenes would be stupid boring unless they did some Days of Thunder thing where they are all bumping against each other and making tons of passes.
Old 2004-12-10, 17:39   Link #30
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
I do hear the Japanese love Nascar. I couldn't even begin to wonder about that fascination. Action scenes would be stupid boring unless they did some Days of Thunder thing where they are all bumping against each other and making tons of passes.
They love NASCAR...? O_O Most odd, actually.

Well, with this new information and the fact that the japanese ALSO love F1, I can deducte that they love anything with 4 wheels (and 2, even) .
Not that that's a bad thing, on the contrary.

Some years ago I used to watch NASCAR on Eurosport, but somehow I got bored of it. (Of course there's still that possibility of a huge shunt or pile-up. )

As for the "pile-up need" being the main attraction for the make of a series, F1 sometimes has that, and not always with the happiest ending. Take the example of this year's Ralf Schumacher's accident in Indianapolis, not to mention older events...

Hm... we could even make some drama out of this, why not?

But... what about a MotoGP anime? It's a bit off the topic, but I also love bike racing. (Let's just hope F1 isn't forgotten in this thread...)

[QUOTE=Bullsquat]How about a NASCAR anime? that would be awesome too. The final episode will be in Daytona Beach, just like in the game. God knows I've wasted so much coins on that game. I'd spent even more for the anime.
Daytona Beach had an anime series? The things we discover...

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2004-12-10 at 17:59.
Old 2004-12-10, 19:22   Link #31
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Yeah, apparently they did some races in the late 90s over there. I'm not going to say all the Japanese are obscessed with the sport or anything, they just got a decent following. One Japanese driver(Fukuyuma Hideo I believe was his name) came over here to drive in NASCAR. I remember reading a quote where he was asked why he wanted to race in NASCAR and he replied by saying its the greatest racing in the world. In a few years, I'm almost positive you'll see Japanese manufacturers racing in NASCAR.
Old 2004-12-12, 18:16   Link #32
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Well, I guess driving at more than 300 km/h in the middle of the pack can be nerve-wrecking, specially in Talladega!

I remember myself playing the first nascar PC racing game by papyrus. Everytime I entered the high-banked corners of talladega with cars on my both side I touched someone and crashed myself.

And in a way, to be able to maintain your concentration over almost 4 hours (on the superspeedways) while driving must be really difficult. Not to mention it's a "boring" circuit (not in the bad sense of the word ). I mean, all corners are to the same side, and there aren't any slow corners, strong brakings or desacelerations (unless a whole bunch of cars crashes in front of you )
It's very easy to get distracted and make a mistake.

It must be like driving on a motorway. I speak for self-experience: driving on a motorway at a continuous and monotonous speed can induce to sleeping (or at least distraction), even without suffering from too much drinking or sleep depravation. O_O

And going at a speed that doesn't "require" much concentration, like 120 km/h (with low traffic, of course) while hearing the continuous engive rev sound can produce an amazing "dozing" effect, specially if it's hot weather.

F1 is a lot different on that aspect, but I apreciate both F1 and NASCAR in their own particular ways. Except that I'm tired of NASCAR for the moment like I said before, but who knows, I might start watching again. Provided Eurosport gives a good coverage, that is...

---------------------------

I was reviewing and editing the 2003 US GP race on the other day (yes, I record and edit the races ^^') and I have to say... the banked corner of Indianapolis is superb!

I can imagine an "anime-like" scene of a driver going through that corner at 330 km/h. That would be stunning! ^^
Old 2004-12-13, 11:11   Link #33
kurri

Send a message via MSN to kurri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I have a hazy memory of an anime I saw once in my distant youth featuring a young race driver being tutored by a mystery master that turned out to be the actual (post accident) Niki Lauda. Don't think I ever knew the name of the anime in question though

As for the producer of the last Suzuka race - His Takuma Sato fanboyism could only be matched by his poor sense of timing. Resulting in a truly sucky race coverage
Hehe this is the one of the best anime shows ever :P

Arrow Emblem Grand Prix no Taka

is the japanese name for the show
i think the english name is Super Grand Prix.

I only have some old vhs tape of it myself, would love to get a hold of this show in RAWs :P

Link info: http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=1681
Old 2004-12-23, 23:44   Link #34
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

There should be an anime or manga that involves american street racing in some way (you know NOS or Cool looking flame decals or something like that) I have played Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune and found NOS absent in the game.