And finally, they are closing in.

1-2 chapters i guess until they meet.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 19:42   Link #4522
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 455:
Old 2011-12-01, 23:11   Link #4523
NoLongerSane

Going from the recent chapter, it really turning out to become Kenichi vs Miu. In all honesty, the poor guy literally is going to be in for the fight of his life if Miu is still in the state she is in.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:11   Link #4524
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Yes!!!!like this!!

I waited for long time for this!!

This fight, is the most important fight for Kenichi..not only because he has to save the girl he loves.but he must also erase this part of her..(the darkness in her)...

But. the most important thing to do for him...is that he must be sure to be stronger than Miu...
you cann't protect the girl you love .. if you're not stronger than her

And i really hope.., that in the end..when Kenichi save Miu.. the Demon want to kill her...like the demon did to Jihan...and Finally Kenichi lose his mind..and go in berseker mode....

I want to see Kenichi in Berseker mode...after 455 ch..where the Author make Kenichi always that he is scared..he run away..he don't use his full power immediately..ecc...i want to see Kenichi bad ass!!!!
Old 2011-12-06, 06:27   Link #4525
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 456:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 06:50   Link #4526
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 456:

Wow!!!!spoiler for 456
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-06, 09:13   Link #4527
Franckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
I really hope this is the truth but in all honesty we're probably going to be in the long haul (as in the for the remainder of the entire series). Assuming Yami show up, you can expect Saiga to be just around the corner and he probably won't leave without Miu in tow. I'm of the opinion that Miu will only be fully "redeemed" until the end of the series.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 13:30   Link #4528
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
I really hope this is the truth but in all honesty we're probably going to be in the long haul (as in the for the remainder of the entire series). Assuming Yami show up, you can expect Saiga to be just around the corner and he probably won't leave without Miu in tow. I'm of the opinion that Miu will only be fully "redeemed" until the end of the series.
Which at the rate the series is moving, will be in about 15 years or so. It should probably be renamed "History's Strongest Masters" until Kenichi and Co. actually start growing and are actually have to really fight again, instead of taking up background scenery while the masters do the real work.
Old 2011-12-06, 23:23   Link #4529
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Which at the rate the series is moving, will be in about 15 years or so. It should probably be renamed "History's Strongest Masters" until Kenichi and Co. actually start growing and are actually have to really fight again, instead of taking up background scenery while the masters do the real work.
Not really. He's still history strongest disciple or at least he's in top 3.
However manga highlighting mostly masters fight is another thing.
If kenichi was master now then there would be no point in this manga anymore. I'm more than sure that he will stay disciple until like 5-10 chapters before the end of manga, in which we will get all sort of closures and kenichi wedding with miu or some other sh1t.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 05:15   Link #4530
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Hooo man!!!!! just watch the full raw..and my blood is burning...like when i have a match in box...
see Hongo and Sakaki like this....i can't wait anymore!!!!!!
Old 2011-12-07, 08:56   Link #4531
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
If kenichi was master now then there would be no point in this manga anymore. I'm more than sure that he will stay disciple until like 5-10 chapters before the end of manga, in which we will get all sort of closures and kenichi wedding with miu or some other sh1t.
The problem I have with that, is the main focus of the story is Yami, who's basically threatening to take over the world.... but Kenichi, the main hero of the story, can't do a damn thing about it. He's like an upcoming super hero who has to let everyone else fight for him because there's nothing he can do himself except fight the henchmen.

What bothers me the most is that Kenichi's usefulness has really been destroyed during the Yami arc. Back during the Ragnarok arc and the DofD arc, his fights and growth were the main focus. You removed him from the story and it would collapse. His fights against Odin and Shou were big fights that really meant something. Kenichi hasn't had a fight like that since the end of the DofD arc, really. He's expendable now, along with the other disciples (who've been slowly written out of the story). You could remove him from the manga and it wouldn't change much because his significance to the main plot, the fight vs. Yami, is pretty much nil. He can't do anything against them anyway.

I'm even finding it hard to get excited for the fight vs. Miu, something I've been wanting to see for a while, because in the end, the fight really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Whether she stays or goes, the world's still in danger and the disciples are still useless. Yeah, it's a more personal fight, but I really doubt it matters if Miu goes to Yami or stays. Not like she's a game-breaker that would give Yami ultimate power or anything.

It doesn't help that the opponents that Kenichi can fight, Yomi, have also been completely overshadowed by the Yami storyline. We still know next to nothing about Yomi's top fighters, even though they were introduced a long time ago.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-12-07 at 23:13.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:31   Link #4532
Xaturas

@KLGChaos

You don't need to tell me that as I fully understand how you feel.
HSDK Pre Yami arc was all about disciples, everything was circling around them and their past, + some minor details about masters.
Then came the yami arc and slowly manga took a turn for grand scheme where disciples got pushed aside.
I agree that kenichi team is now a canon fodder, they are there just for lulz or some genre antics.
Hmmm its hard for me to value the plot at the moment, at one side I like how kenichi isn't some powerhouse who rapes anything on his way just because he is the "main Hero" of the manga. On the other hand for people who wanted him to be all powerful and story only orbiting around kenichi and friends, it can be a disadvantage.
For me it seems that hsdk is now 2 branch manga, one is where kenichi is just a watcher of events (all master grand plot and fights) while on the other he is a participant (kenichi & CO fights and plots). As it is now I try not to disapprove mangaka move to use such means of storytelling, only time will tell if those 2 stories will colide and merge or stay apart forever.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:06   Link #4533
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I agree that it is bad for the author to constantly set the main character up with fights he can't win. While it doesn't really bother in this series, I can see how something like this can be off-putting for most readers.
Old 2011-12-07, 23:18   Link #4534
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
@KLGChaos

You don't need to tell me that as I fully understand how you feel.
HSDK Pre Yami arc was all about disciples, everything was circling around them and their past, + some minor details about masters.
Then came the yami arc and slowly manga took a turn for grand scheme where disciples got pushed aside.
I agree that kenichi team is now a canon fodder, they are there just for lulz or some genre antics.
Hmmm its hard for me to value the plot at the moment, at one side I like how kenichi isn't some powerhouse who rapes anything on his way just because he is the "main Hero" of the manga. On the other hand for people who wanted him to be all powerful and story only orbiting around kenichi and friends, it can be a disadvantage.
For me it seems that hsdk is now 2 branch manga, one is where kenichi is just a watcher of events (all master grand plot and fights) while on the other he is a participant (kenichi & CO fights and plots). As it is now I try not to disapprove mangaka move to use such means of storytelling, only time will tell if those 2 stories will colide and merge or stay apart forever.
I don't even need Kenichi to be all-powerful. I just want to see him and the disciples the main focus of the story again. It's why I started reading this in the first place-- not to see masters already at the top of the their game duking it out while their disciple... watches... or runs away.... or almost dies from one shot... every fight.

I have no problems with the masters stories being developed either, but in doing so, the mangaka has lost focus on who the story should be about. The masters stories should be a secondary focus behind the disciples, but it's become the other way around.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-12-08 at 07:26.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 00:45   Link #4535
Franckie

Quote:
You're not keeping long-term developments in mind. Yami is still on the move, the Eternal Sunset is about to occur, and then there's the Kuremisago. The author has more than enough material to last for several hundred more chapters. Kenichi being a master-class fighter still wouldn't change anything.

As KLGChaos points out, however, Kenichi's usefulness to the plot is nonexistant. He is suppose to be the epicenter of the manga but he is not; his masters are. Why? Because Kenichi is too weak to compete with the top-tiers. We're 455 chapters into the story and he's still described as a "Disciple-class" fighter. But hints are being dropped that the story is about to take a major turn. We have yet to learn Mikumo's motivation for tipping Silcardo off about Miu and Saiga is right around the corner. Furthermore, there is a high probability that one of Kenichi's masters will be killed and Ryozanpaku will be forced to scatter as they previously did. Without Ryozanpaku, Kenichi and the rest of the Shinpaku Alliance will be forced to pick up the fight with Yami.

Kenichi being too weak will be addressed too. Kenichi is long overdue for a major power-up and the author has been placing hints that several massive power-ups will occur. Kenichi's masters are still in the process of remodeling his body (which is nearing completion) and are still holding a substantial amount of knowledge from him (e.g., Muay Boran). Kenichi's level of skill has also been acknowledged to be "superior" to "prodigies" such as Miu in certain areas (e.g., his "Eye of Insight"). All these factors combined would grant Kenichi a massive boost in power and could very well propel him close to master-class level. After that fighting against master-class fighters would push him up to their level.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 05:16   Link #4536
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
You're not keeping long-term developments in mind. Yami is still on the move, the Eternal Sunset is about to occur, and then there's the Kuremisago. The author has more than enough material to last for several hundred more chapters. Kenichi being a master-class fighter still wouldn't change anything.

As KLGChaos points out, however, Kenichi's usefulness to the plot is nonexistant. He is suppose to be the epicenter of the manga but he is not; his masters are. Why? Because Kenichi is too weak to compete with the top-tiers. We're 455 chapters into the story and he's still described as a "Disciple-class" fighter. But hints are being dropped that the story is about to take a major turn. We have yet to learn Mikumo's motivation for tipping Silcardo off about Miu and Saiga is right around the corner. Furthermore, there is a high probability that one of Kenichi's masters will be killed and Ryozanpaku will be forced to scatter as they previously did. Without Ryozanpaku, Kenichi and the rest of the Shinpaku Alliance will be forced to pick up the fight with Yami.

Kenichi being too weak will be addressed too. Kenichi is long overdue for a major power-up and the author has been placing hints that several massive power-ups will occur. Kenichi's masters are still in the process of remodeling his body (which is nearing completion) and are still holding a substantial amount of knowledge from him (e.g., Muay Boran). Kenichi's level of skill has also been acknowledged to be "superior" to "prodigies" such as Miu in certain areas (e.g., his "Eye of Insight"). All these factors combined would grant Kenichi a massive boost in power and could very well propel him close to master-class level. After that fighting against master-class fighters would push him up to their level.

I have my idea for it..i think that she want that Kenichi become a bad guy...if Miu dies...Kenichi become crazy...and if Kenichi for save Miu has to kill..he could do it..and is also mentioned that she is interested in Kenichi...this could be the plan of Mikumo..

However..i know how people feel about Kenichi...
I practice box for 15 years...and i hate to see Kenichi that after 455 ch..he alway ran away...don't use his full strength immediately...ecc...i'm angry for it.
i'd like to see Kenichi fighting like Sakaki..or Apachi..,but the 'Author continues in this way..and we can't do anything for it..

However..i remember that is mentioned in ch 370 by the Elder.., that Kenichi is more than Disceple....

For me? There are great opportunities, that after this fight Kenichi become very close a Master...naturally not a Master like a best Master...but..i think that Kenichi in a fight with a master like a Barbarian sword..could win..

Kenichi actually know and is able to use some secret move learned from his master..like APanch and Chai Kick...and in the recent chapter, Kenichi is able to see a Master movement.., for a period of time...

So, i rally hope that the Author make Kenichi Master in a short time, focusing on him...

And for the plot...Yami Yomi Eternal Sunset and Kuremisago...

Actually, Yami Master are:Saiga Fūrinji, Isshinsai Ogata,Alexander Gaidar(beaten),Silcardo Jenazad(actually in fight),Diego Carlo(beaten),Akira Hongō(don't have a disciple to fight Kenichi),Mikumo Kushinada(her disciple missed the fight),Agaard Jum Sai(beaten),Sehrul Rahman(beaten)and Ma Sougetsu...

where i wrote that they were beaten..is also implied their disciple...at the end,there are 3 master with a disciple that have to fight Kenichi...Saiga, Ogata And ,ma Sougetsu..and the Demon in this moment...

I think that the other master, aren't like they...but are at a lower level...

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-12-08 at 05:38.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:38   Link #4537
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

I really hope his power level will get a boost. However, with how stagnant his growth has been since the DofD arc, if he suddenly jumps up massive levels in power, he suddenly becomes an Ichigo.... ass pull power ups that are basically DEMs, which are never really good, especially considering one of the main appeals of the manga was Kenichi's lack of talent being made up for with hard work. Sadly, all that hard works seems to have reached a plateau and really isn't doing anymore for him. We'll have to see how the author handles it.

Hopefully, after all this business with Miu is done, the focus will shift back to the disciples, where it belongs, but my hopes are fairly low.

My biggest hope is that Yami fades into the background once more, instead of being the forefront of the story. Bring Yomi vs. Shinpaku back and save Yami for when the disciples can actually stand a chance fighting them. As much as I love the masters, I'd rather see Kenichi and Shinpaku being the ones that save the world, instead of being background scenery while the masters do it.
Old 2011-12-08, 08:03   Link #4538
agamomoy

Kenichi is such a childish guy. but very strong when serious.
Old 2011-12-08, 09:18   Link #4539
Xaturas

Maybe its just me guys but I see kenichi as some kind of engine/sports car.
First you need to have basis as body/engine, then you just put good driver pour some gasoline and you can drive like a devil.
For me kenichi is getting to the end of the road of his long long long bodybuilding road. When he reach the peak at which he can actually learn best techniques from masters, they will start teaching him for real. I consider the lack of techniques mainly becose kenichis body/mind wasn't ready for them. Mostly because when he would use them he would hurt not only himself but probably maim/kill his opponents, which would lead him into stopping using martial arts.

Thats why I'm just waiting trough this ark so that mangaka can start masters teaching kenichi some sweet stuff, rather than him doing bodybuilding 24/7.
Of course that will happen if manga will go that route, I give it 50:50, either kenichi will learn from masters new techniques, or he will be taken by Mikumo/Saiga/Someone else, where masters will try to get him back as they wouldn't want to loose another disciple to the dark side.
Either way any of those 2 outcomes would give few stars more in my manga evaluation.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:08   Link #4540
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Maybe its just me guys but I see kenichi as some kind of engine/sports car.
First you need to have basis as body/engine, then you just put good driver pour some gasoline and you can drive like a devil.
For me kenichi is getting to the end of the road of his long long long bodybuilding road. When he reach the peak at which he can actually learn best techniques from masters, they will start teaching him for real. I consider the lack of techniques mainly becose kenichis body/mind wasn't ready for them. Mostly because when he would use them he would hurt not only himself but probably maim/kill his opponents, which would lead him into stopping using martial arts.

Thats why I'm just waiting trough this ark so that mangaka can start masters teaching kenichi some sweet stuff, rather than him doing bodybuilding 24/7.
Of course that will happen if manga will go that route, I give it 50:50, either kenichi will learn from masters new techniques, or he will be taken by Mikumo/Saiga/Someone else, where masters will try to get him back as they wouldn't want to loose another disciple to the dark side.
Either way any of those 2 outcomes would give few stars more in my manga evaluation.

Nope...Kenichi against Tirawit Kōkin use Apanch and Chai Kick...(these are the secret techniques of Apachi)without the problem to hurt his self..or killing the opponent...

For example.. Kenichi learn the secret technique of Apachi..without Apachi teach it to him...and it, is strange...

Is mentioned that become a master..decreases the gap if you not have more strength..or speed...

I think that the Author thinks this way...Master vs Master....disciple vs disciple....

I don't think that we'll see Kenichi fight Saiga, or some of these Master...because these Master are too strong..it would take too long,before he gets to their level...

But maybe we will see him fight a master like the barbarian Sword..and win...because is not like all Master are like Saiga..The demon...Hongo Mikumo..ecc..., these Master be beaten by Sakaki,Apachi,Shigure..ecc...

Kenichi is the future

An example for this is the disciple of Saiga..Kajima Satomi...i'm sure..he is a Master...but naturally he isn't strong like Saiga, Mikumo the Demon.. ecc...but he is a Master..(for me)...when Kenichi has to fight him..peobably Kenichi will be at him level of Master...or more...because Kenichi is trained by 5 Master + the Elder...i ralso remember, that the technique that the Elder teach to Kenichi (Korui Nuki), is a Technique that is above of the class disciple..like Agaard Jum Sai said during the fight..

Hahaha..i just remember one thing..that Kenichi has to fight the Elder for Miu...hahahahah

Tags
shounen