AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 49
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 5 6.58%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 6 7.89%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 5 6.58%
7 out of 10: Good... 10 13.16%
6 out of 10: Average... 12 15.79%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 9 11.84%
4 out of 10: Poor... 8 10.53%
3 out of 10: Bad... 4 5.26%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 6 7.89%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-23, 22:04   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

And what's the point of AGE Builder and EXA DB again? Deus Ex Machina?
The AGE Builders purpose is to serve as an upgrade hub in the Gundam AGE video game. EXA DB is a plot point that honestly really should have served as the location of the final battle under normal circumstances. With a more interesting writer than Hino I could have seen them doing something like having the cast in a battle of rhetoric over why it should or shouldn't be mined and the data put into production again, juxtaposed over the actual physical final battle, but I believe that would mean the show would have to be called Turn A Gundam instead.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:33   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did find it hilarious how the Diva crew stole a Pirate ship. As if they needed to do that. Well I suppose they needed to hammer us with "see, Captain is competent now."

Also makes total sense how combining the Age System and a weapons database can help make a device to clean up Mars...
Old 2012-09-23, 22:38   Link #83
galdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did find it hilarious how the Diva crew stole a Pirate ship. As if they needed to do that. Well I suppose they needed to hammer us with "see, Captain is competent now."

Also makes total sense how combining the Age System and a weapons database can help make a device to clean up Mars...
I wonder why the heck Bisidian allow that.
I think they are more competent than Diva's crew or any other Federation soldiers to be honest.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:39   Link #84
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:

I may dog this series a lot, but it makes total sense that they were able to clean up Mars that way (well, within the fictional world created for the purpose of this show...I mean, wtf is a Mars Ray?! )

A lot of technology used for virtually anything you can think of has its roots in defense/military research.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:49   Link #85
justsomeguy

There was a constant improvement in armoring and stealth. They must have found something to block or counteract Mars Rays. It would have been nice if the show was more specific on how they resolved that.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:54   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
I wonder why the heck Bisidian allow that.
I think they are more competent than Diva's crew or any other Federation soldiers to be honest.
Apparently pirates are pushovers...I mean letting that sad group actually intimidate them into taking their seats when they really don't have much left to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I may dog this series a lot, but it makes total sense that they were able to clean up Mars that way (well, within the fictional world created for the purpose of this show...I mean, wtf is a Mars Ray?! )

A lot of technology used for virtually anything you can think of has its roots in defense/military research.
I'm perfectly fine with the way they took care of Mars. But it's not exactly like either system has proven any use beyond military usage. Thought it'd make more sense to put those things aside rather than somehow saying that 1+1=cure for Mars Rays .

The problem is it was just tacked onto the end so everything would be fine. Obviously not the biggest issue, but another thing that wasn't really fully explained because they had to stuff everything into this episode.
Old 2012-09-23, 23:14   Link #87
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
The EXA-DB isn't just a weapons database it is the collection of Earth Sphere's history and technology before they decided to downgrade themselves to avoid a Lensman arms race.

Think of it as Battletech's Helm Memory Core but it is the complete Prometheus Database instead of a fraction.

I find it interesting it wasn't elaborated whether it is the fraction of the EXA-DB that the Vegan's have in possession or the EXA-DB itself that Sid saved.

Sounds more like whatever holes of the EXA-DB portion the Vegan's have was filled up by the Age System.

If so the implication is that the perfected terra forming technology for Mars was in the EXA-DB all along.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 00:06   Link #88
monster

Alright, I guess I'm just a sucker for everyone-coming-together type of ending. Besides, while not as epic, it doesn't hurt that it reminds me of G. So, as I said in a previous episode thread (might have been the last one), and details aside, this is really the only fitting ending for Flit and Kio's arc (Asem's arc ended last episode).

So, while there are many things I wish AGE had done (and not done), yeah, I'll say I enjoyed it overall.

Although, what is up with that last new weapon for Kio.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 01:18   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm another thought occured to me. I can't help but feel that this final episode would work better if it ended after Flit stopped the Second Moon from falling and just cut Zera Grins and Sid out of the story altogether. All it feels like he's there to do is serve as a final boss fight so that they can have one in the episode. Nice as it looks it's ultimately completely pointless and Ezelcant just ends up making no sense as a character to me and just looks totally contradictory about what he's trying to do. I can only take his words this episode as those of a dying madman's self-justifying incoherent ramblings thinking his son is there again. There's honestly no way they could have intended that to serve as anything other than an ironic final scene for a complete madman. At least I hope....I mean they were playing the sad music....though maybe that's for the common Vagan people finally being released from his delusion driven war that nearly wiped them all out this episode. These are the common Vagan people who we really get a look at for the first time. Maybe if we saw more of these people and less of the loonies that end up representing them there would be more feeling of drive behind Kio's obsessive quest to save them from their own stupidity.

Heck maybe if we'd seen more of that Falk guy earlier there might have been someone Kio could try to talk too. I mean he seemed like about the only one of them who realized how badly they'd fucked everything up by following Zeheart and Ezelcant into their mad war driven conquest. Anyway I could talk about so much more but I'll leave it at that for now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 01:28   Link #90
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Anyone know the name of the insert song?
Old 2012-09-24, 03:26   Link #91
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

After rewatching the last episode aswell, i realized that Ezelcant said it was all thanks to that boy, referring to Kio, when it was Flit who managed to make everyone work together.

Why?

Also, the final episode was rushed and the writing was terrible, but that part about Ezelcant dying peacefully pissed me off to no end, it almost made less sense than Sid showing up to fuse with Vagan Gear after all he did to hell, everyone just because he lost his son.

Also, the lack of anything Vagan civilian related is slightly annoying, i wanted to see if they lived peacefully after the war ended, Kio/Asemu said their Earth is doing well, but what about the Mars sphere? is it explained better in the game?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 03:43   Link #92
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Anyone know the name of the insert song?
I could be mistaken, but I think it was a different version of the first ending theme.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 03:45   Link #93
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

IMO, a series like AGE, with the 3 generations, would have worked better, if each of the Asuno boys had 50 episodes to their arc.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 04:01   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
IMO, a series like AGE, with the 3 generations, would have worked better, if each of the Asuno boys had 50 episodes to their arc.
It doesn't even need that many episodes for each gen. What AGE really needed was a better writer. Someone who actually know how to use each episode to flesh out characters, how to present good Gundam battles, and how to "cook" a smart (or at least not silly) story/plot for the vast universe of Gundam AGE.

Imagine if someone like Gen Urobuchi became AGE's writer. There would be a high chance for AGE to become the most awesome Gundam series.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:11   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Fucking rude is what they are. And yeah, the pirates are crazy. Those useless assholes have already lost one ship. Why give them an opportunity to lose another?

Quote:
Kill the deadly radiations: Kill them with fire!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 04:50   Link #96
galdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
There is 0% chance Sunrise will invest 3 x 50 episodes for a brand new AU. Especially if it made by another company( Level -5)
Seed only got its sequel green-lighted after it has proven to be successful.

Besides 49 episode is more than enough to wrap most anime.
Three generations thing is just too ambitious anyway. Plus, the writer of AGE seems doesn't have any experience handling franchise such as Gundam.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 05:01   Link #97
larethian

Diva crew taking over Asem's ship makes no sense at all. The ship is of a different make and has a set of different technologies. Even if say, the pirate crew is less competent than Diva's crew (which I frankly doubt so), there's no way the Diva crew can operate it more effectively. How ironic that it was shown in an earlier episode that Nartale had to study Diva in detail to be a better captain, and she knows shit about Baranoke (or something like that), bleh.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:59   Link #98
Scorpiopt

this ending makes no fucking sense the only thing i can compare to was the original Mass Effect 3 ending
And people complained about seed destiny ending, this is way worse
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:58   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Diva crew taking over Asem's ship makes no sense at all. The ship is of a different make and has a set of different technologies. Even if say, the pirate crew is less competent than Diva's crew (which I frankly doubt so), there's no way the Diva crew can operate it more effectively. How ironic that it was shown in an earlier episode that Nartale had to study Diva in detail to be a better captain, and she knows shit about Baranoke (or something like that), bleh.
I could see almost immediately after that scene everything falling apart. Having to ask the Baranoke crew "ummm so how do you work this thing ?" Not even sure why that scene was there. Not like we knew any of the Diva crew other than the Captain enough to appreciate them trying to step up in the final moments. Might have been more entertaining if they called security and made the Diva bridge crew walk the plank in response to trying to steal their ship .
Old 2012-09-24, 09:11   Link #100
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Eh.... meh.

This ending was.... alright. I could see them reaching the epilogue, but the way they did it was as obnoxiously irritating as ever.

Was almost hoping Flit would just launch the plasma diver and just end the series short. But of course, Kio is still spouting his "SAVE EVERYONE, somehow". At least Flit got his last Yurin moment.

That was probably the best part of the ending for me. With some degree of hindsight, I was thinking it would take Yurin telling Flit to make him forgive the Vegans Vagans. He even got to revert to child form for a while.

Did not like SID becoming the common enemy for the federation and the Vagans though. It was random, and too convenient. All of a sudden! A third party has appeared to receive all hatred from the starting sides.

The Baranoke hijacking was kind of awkward, but maybe the bridge uses the same parts as federation ships. It is a pirate ship after all; black market federation parts? Wouldn't think that they're more skilled operators as mentioned by others though.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion