AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-10-30, 10:22   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 82 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:24   Link #2
strategos

Well, I think this is going to be a very sad episode. It has been a long time since a episode like this been shown on Naruto.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:39   Link #3
neshru

Great episode. Art and animation were top notch, the kind of stuff that you don't even see in the naruto movies. Definitely one of best looking naruto episodes ever, and it wasn't even an action episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:50   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

so we get to see another asuma funeral like the sandaime's?????? any fight in this epi?
Old 2008-10-30, 10:53   Link #5
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
any fight in this epi?
Quote:
and it wasn't even an action episode.
The answer was... one post before you.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 17:05   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, this episode was really well-paced. It covered the equivalent of a manga chapter and the animation was really well done. I'm impressed. The voice acting is also of superior quality I found. (Even though I've yet to seen it subbed, you could clearly feel the tension in their voices.)

This episode pretty much won me over. The animation, the drawings and colouring were done extremely nicely.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:05   Link #7
BlackShinobi07

Wow. I'm at a loss for words at how grandoise the animation was in this episode. Much appluades to those reposble for this unbelivably luadible presentation of Naruto Shippuden. I almost cried at how stunning the lights, shadows, gradation, and boldness of colors were for the artisty used here is masterful. *gives animation team a standing ovation*
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:20   Link #8
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

So, is this episode going to be the official funeral? I'll get my box of tissues ready. T_T
Old 2008-10-30, 20:39   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a good episode. Think the third had a better funeral, but this episode had a different tone. More about Shikamaru dealing with the loss and the team making a decision. No way they could just let things stand like this. This is their fight to settle, though frankly getting Kakashi is a huge boost.

Had to smile with both Ino and Chouji pretty much just waiting for Shikamaru to show up and tell them the plan . Also props to Shikamaru's dad in helping him to let it out. Much more constructive to make a plan to annihilate the enemy.
Old 2008-10-30, 21:45   Link #10
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Omgosh.....this is like the best quality Naruto episode yet. If only every episode was like this. ><
Old 2008-10-30, 21:56   Link #11
psycrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Omgosh.....this is like the best quality Naruto episode yet. If only every episode was like this. ><
yeah...i dont understand how such a popular anime like this gets those shtty quality episodes like before. im sure they have a better budget than the regular ecchi anime so they should be able to produce quality episodes like this one.

very good episode.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 22:41   Link #12
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Now we know where they spent all the money for Shippuden. This is what anime is suppose to look like. Everything was so beautiful. I wept for joy.

I can't remember the anime ever having this type of pacing. It was definitely directed like a movie. Shippuden felt so mature. The Shikamaru drama stuff with his dad felt like it was from a big budget anime movie.

I guess I know how Sasuke fangirls feel when he gets all weepy and moody since I was hot for Emo!Shikamaru. I wanted to reach out and sex glomp him.

I liked that they didn't spend much time at the funeral. Asuma was not as important and his father. His death is more about Shikamaru and the aftermath. Although it was cool seeing everyone in their funeral clothes. Lee and Gai crying youthful tears and even Anko was there.

I think my favorite part was when Shikamaru started going crazy with the shogi pieces doing the whole batman preptime thing. Great music too. He made the "Just as planned" face that all geniuses make.

Spoiler for Just as planned:
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 23:31   Link #13
APastelPainting

So like, does everyone know Kurenai and Asuma had something cooking in the oven, or was she only focused on at the funeral because the audience has prior knowledge that they were banging.

And, when Shikamaru uses Asuma's blades and chakra flairs up, does that mean Shika has wind-natured chakra too or can any type of chakra light up the blades?
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 23:37   Link #14
Cael
Lurker Mode

Wow!

That was probably my favorite episode, right there. (No Fighting, hardly any Naruto, so that says a lot.) Shikaku and Shikamaru are my favorite parent-sibling combo. Shikaku just blew me away this episode. He's on a whole other level. That shogi scene was very well done. Animation was amazing. Pacing was great! And we even got to see landscape and people we've never seen before. All the scenes were perfect. Even watching the kids shine the markers was humbling. 10 out of 10 easy.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 23:39   Link #15
Fran~
floating away...

Most beautiful episode ever!!!!....

I was shocked by those ancients vibes of the animation that i loved... (Evangelion, Bebop, etc...)

it wasnt naruto at all!.

Fantastic. Bravo. Kudos.

11/10...
Old 2008-10-31, 00:08   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
So like, does everyone know Kurenai and Asuma had something cooking in the oven, or was she only focused on at the funeral because the audience has prior knowledge that they were banging.

And, when Shikamaru uses Asuma's blades and chakra flairs up, does that mean Shika has wind-natured chakra too or can any type of chakra light up the blades?
That was definitely a surprise to find out about. Though since you only see him use shadow attacks was hard to know what kind of element he might have. With the lighter and that wind chakra, Shikamaru really is going to grow even more.

Can't wait to see what kind of strategy Shikamaru has in mind for Akatsuki. With his team ready for payback and Kakashi on board they will definitely throw everything they can. Do expect Kakuzu to say something about them needing to focus on Kakashi due to his value in bounty.
Old 2008-10-31, 00:25   Link #17
Jehuty

Not only is this the best episode I've seen from Naruto (even much, much better than the Chiyo / Sakura vs Sasori fight), but this is the best goddamned filler of all time.

The animation was superb, the voice actors were amazing. Even the extras - like that lady sweeping the floor. The opener, oh man. Kurenai's reaction was just.. wow.

And Shikamaru crying. Ho-ly SHIT. This episode, my god, what a treat. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that was not well done. Nothing. Even how Shikamaru was not smoking and how they changed it for the younger audience was amazing.

I am amazed beyond words at how much this episode pleased me. This is the first time I've cried because 1) they conveyed the sense of loss that Shikamaru felt, and 2) the quality was so amazing and so well handled.

As much as I've been hating the anime lately, THIS definitely restored my faith and then some.

Whoever this animation team is, they need to keep them. They need to pay them as much money as they want, because goddamn, they fucking well deserve every yen.

As you can tell I am definitely hyped, I am so happy.
Old 2008-10-31, 00:57   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was very well executed episode. It has been a while since I've seen such a good Naruto episode. I was dreading half way through the episode that Shikamaru will turn into a another revenge freak emo dude. When he tossed that shogi board on the wall, I sighed a sigh of relief. I've relished every episode he debuted in as the prime character under the lime light however rare or short-lived it was. Naturally, I'm looking forward to the future episode(s) he will star in.

Wonder what kind of plan he has cooked. He says Asuma is still there with him, watching over him, almost as if in person. I suppose Asuma's self-sacrifice wasn't totally in vain. Once again I'm reminded of the excerpt of the shogi strategy where a sacrifice of a piece is needed to set up a big gain on the board in the immediate future. Diversion at its grandest of scheme and in the most ruthless of forms. Hopefully the wait won't be too long to figure out what exactly Asuma told Shikamaru at his last dying breath. I'm guessing Shikamaru's plan will revolve around the content of that particular exchange. The lighter? Perhaps, more chakra manipulation? How do those two connects?

I will stay tune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty
Even how Shikamaru was not smoking and how they changed it for the younger audience was amazing.
Well, he could very well have taken one puff to light that cigarette. The camera couldn't capture anying because his back was in the way and left it to the imagination.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 01:07   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Great episode. Best stuff I've seen in a while. The subdued color palette was perfect for this episode, and I'm glad that, as monir pointed out, Shikamaru didn't turn into a "revenge freak emo dude". Animation as well as pacing was wonderful, and I thought that Shikamaru's interaction with his father was masterfully executed.

All in all, best episode I've seen in a while. 10/10
Old 2008-10-31, 01:10   Link #20
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
@monir

You don't read the manga?? o.o

Haha indeed. Semi-filler ep is better than actual non-filler fighting scenes.