AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-03, 09:40   Link #2021
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Wrong since as I just mentioned in the nichijou thread bandai is going to be focusing on licensing only as of February with distribution and most likely other work being sub-licensed to other companies.
What you say is true. However at this point in time, Gosick no longer has a US DVD release planned. I hope (very much hope!) that another company picks up Gosick, but we don't know if that will happen. (Unless something new has been announced overnight that I don't know about.)

ETA: New interview article says that the rights to Gosick will revert to the licensor.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-01-03 at 10:15.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:36   Link #2022
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Maybe Funi or something else will release it. They shouldn't bother dubbing it anyway since there is no way they any English speaking voice actress can match Yuuki Aoi's performance.
Old 2012-01-05, 15:50   Link #2023
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They shouldn't bother dubbing it anyway since there is no way they any English speaking voice actress can match Yuuki Aoi's performance.
Not being able to meet the standard set by the Japanese VA has never stopped a dubbing company before. And really, it shouldn't matter as long as both languages are on the release.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 08:01   Link #2024
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
News out on Wednesday has stated that the Australian release is not affected and is still due out although it might be a sub only release.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...out-bandai-ent
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:00   Link #2025
Sumeragi
Banned

Did a marathon and finished all the episodes in a day.

I just wish they had a sort of "Aftermath" original OVA. Knowing how the couple spend their lives would be just a perfect closing for me.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:12   Link #2026
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Did a marathon and finished all the episodes in a day....

.....Wow.

Quote:
I just wish they had a sort of "Aftermath" original OVA. Knowing how the couple spend their lives would be just a perfect closing for me.
Hmm ... that does sound like a good idea!

I wonder if more details are mentioned in the light novels?
Old 2012-02-08, 06:39   Link #2027
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

.....Wow.

All while maintaining a 12 hour work day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... that does sound like a good idea!

I wonder if more details are mentioned in the light novels?
I think not.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:54   Link #2028
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
All while maintaining a 12 hour work day.
Leaving you about 4h for sleep if my math's right... UOU!
Old 2012-03-14, 00:10   Link #2029
taichi-kun

The manga will finish in volume 8

I hope we could find translations or the raw to see how It ends
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 07:07   Link #2030
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have Volumes 2-6 in raw, and I still have to look for Volume 7.
The manga is quite interesting, actually. There are new mysteries adopted from the light novels (which includes a mystery that came up just after Kuiaran's arrest and a mystery Avril encountered during her summer vacation in the Mediterranean) and new information regarding the characters (most especially the past between Sophie and Cecile).

All I know about Volume 7 is that it will talk about Leviathan, judging from the cover and some Chinese-translated scans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:05   Link #2031
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I wish we had more Avril. They should make an OVA for her.
Old 2012-03-18, 21:46   Link #2032
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

All I know about Volume 7 is that it will talk about Leviathan, judging from the cover and some Chinese-translated scans.
So I guess all volume 7 will adapt leviathan's arc... and then they will skip some arcs to reach the end

I want to see If It's like the anime end or a different end .. maybe more complete

I still don't know how the novels ended

Well.. we still have time,volume 8 will be released in April
Old 2012-03-18, 21:50   Link #2033
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I still haven't read volumes one and two. They are sitting on my shelf too. I guess I have less motivation knowing there is no volume three for me.
Old 2012-03-19, 19:09   Link #2034
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@taichi-kun
I doubt that. I think they will just reach until Episode 15 of the anime series and close the manga series with a sign that Victorique and Kazuya are getting closer already. It's quite disappointing that we will not be able to get to the final arcs of the light novels. I want to know what actually happened.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:20   Link #2035
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
The manga will finish in volume 8

I hope we could find translations or the raw to see how It ends
Mmm, if the manga is more close to the novel i'm wondering how it will end. Hope it will have more explanations about the last events.

Btw, when it supposed to be released the last volume?
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:13   Link #2036
taichi-kun

April 9th

And yes maybe is like you said Marcus..
Old 2012-05-14, 17:51   Link #2037
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Gosick is an anime related Victorique is too cute, all investigations are also made
Old 2012-06-04, 20:31   Link #2038
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Did a marathon and finished all the episodes in a day.

I just marathoned the series myself, although, I did it over the weekend, instead of 12 hours straight. (Also, I after watching the series, I took the time to read through all 103 pages of this thread.)

Now I understand what the fuss was all about, and I'm somewhat sorry I skipped it before.

Despite some of the complaints other posters have made, some of which were legitimate, other were kind of silly, I found this series to be absolutely gorgeous. The central story of the relationship between Victorique and Kujo, I thought was very touching. One could tell that they really loved each other without them declaring it to each other. It really tugged on my heart strings when they were torn apart.

Victorique and her sarcastic laugh, in episode 2, her rolling kick (I forget which episode), that agonizing cry at the end of episode 22 (that made my eyes water a bit), Aoi Yuki was simply brilliant in this role.

One thing I noticed in the last episode, was that Kujo seemed to be fighting the Soviets, who were using what appeared to be a T-34 tanks, and the planes appeared to be Pe-2s. So obviously not only was the timeline advanced, but the technology as well.

I think I'm going to have to re-watch this soon. I'm very impressed, and still somewhat moved by this series.

Endless "Old and sentimental" Soul
Old 2012-06-05, 02:14   Link #2039
Enishi

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Despite some of the complaints other posters have made, some of which were legitimate, other were kind of silly, I found this series to be absolutely gorgeous. The central story of the relationship between Victorique and Kujo, I thought was very touching. One could tell that they really loved each other without them declaring it to each other. It really tugged on my heart strings when they were torn apart.
Sure, gorgeous! Sure, they’ve loved each other! It’s one of my favourites series, sure, I feel sad that it’s over. ;-(
Enishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:46   Link #2040
guayaba

I just discovered Gosick a few days ago, and marathoned all of the episodes over the weekend, plus the first light novel and all volumes of the manga. I was captivated by the romance between Kazuya and Victorique, so courtly and pure. It seems like it's hard to find good romantic series like this where there's no harem, love polygon, or exasperating misunderstandings, just a genuine bond of affection and caring between two kindred spirits.

I've just read the raw for manga volume 8, and it's adorable just like the previous volumes. But I was surprised to see at the end of the tankoubon that the manga is over, even though it ends abruptly with no resolution to the main plotline.

I guess Gosick is now truly a dead franchise with no new content ever to be released again? I just don't understand why the manga had to end after adapting only part of the LNs. Were the ratings in Dragon Age declining, or did Sakuraba Kazuki or Amano Sakuya feel like moving on? I had really been looking forward to the manga covering later arcs like Beelzebub's Skull and the ending with adult Kazuya and Victorique in Japan.

I already feel like I'm in withdrawal. At least I have the rest of the LNs to read, but I wish I could find more anime or manga romances where the guy is as doting and sincere as Kazuya, and the girl is intelligent and poised like Victorique.
guayaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen