AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-19, 18:45   Link #81
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Dubbing aside are people saying the change to a high schooler is for american audiences? You do realize the majority of anime is aimed at high schoolers and below and features high schoolers? To think this change was intended just for Americans is rather lolworthy.
Actually while most anime do feature high schoolers, the general audience for anime are otaku, post high-schooler single men who are still leeching off of their parents or get by on some small job. It's manga that has a broader audience.
Old 2008-12-19, 18:46   Link #82
einhorn303

"High schoolers or people with the mentality and social maturity of high schoolers," right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Actually while most anime do feature high schoolers, the general audience for anime are otaku, post high-schooler single men who are still leeching off of their parents or get by on some small job. It's manga that has a broader audience.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 00:03   Link #83
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
"High schoolers or people with the mentality and social maturity of high schoolers," right?
My opinion is that they pick high school cause it's sort of the golden era before college and the pressures of adult life start really piling on.
Old 2008-12-20, 04:43   Link #84
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Definitely one of the shows I am look forward to watch this season . Here is hoping am not disappointed
Old 2008-12-27, 05:17   Link #85
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I am also interested in the censorship. The manga is quite graphic and I wonder how much of the violence and fun-service will get animated, as well as broadcasted. I also expect different censorship level between the three countries ... you also get that already within Japan, between different channels.

Anyway, I gathered the colored art from the manga along with the previews and the technical details here. Enjoy!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:46   Link #86
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Hey. Episode 1 'aired' on the Bandai channel.

Please tell me Keita doesn't spend the entire damn thing angsting over his dead mother, because that's how he spent most of the episode.

On the other hand... there's this
Spoiler:

Caps etc if you're impatient
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:58   Link #87
iceyfw

Spoiler for episode 1 and manga:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:01   Link #88
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Out of curiosity, shouldn't this be in the Licensed forum since Bandai Entertainment has rights for it?
Old 2008-12-29, 01:35   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Please tell me Keita doesn't spend the entire damn thing angsting over his dead mother, because that's how he spent most of the episode.
Can't tell you yes or no since they've changed his character around completely from the manga. Awesome action scene is awesome but I'm going to lower my expectations a bit since they seem to be changing stuff around from the excellent manga. (though at least we will get a conclusive ending out of this) Didn't expect the last scene to happen so early on though... but I guess that avoids the viewers hating some characters who're about to be introduced.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 07:35   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode one worked great for me. Character design close enough. Censorship not much. Reworking of events worked fine. Storyboard was great. Good angles, good motion, good fights (as far as I can tell). Fine voice-acting all around. And I get a hit of Sasaki Nozomi as the little girl.

I myself -- having read the manga -- think they played the mother-angst stuff perfectly.

Very nicely made episode. Kudos to Kobayashi Tsuneo, the director, who directed and storyboarded ep1. He also did Emma and Twelve Kingdoms, and I think he gave us some of the depth of a show like Emma, which this story both has some of and can use more of. Written by Yoshida Reiko (Marimite, RomeoxJuliet, etc.).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 14:21   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 18:08   Link #92
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The first episode was a mixed bag and reading the manga really makes things worse for the anime.

Animation was very good, especially the first fight was amazing. Background art was also very well done and character designs were also well drawn and in line with the manga.

The BGM was rather disappointing, but I always get to complain when some chick begins shrieking in the middle of an action scene (like in Ga-Rei or even worse in Macross).

Now to the worst part, the characters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
This is the worst part as I feared. Anime Keita is just an emo, spineless harem and generic lead character we usually get from Sunrise (Mai-HiME, Macross, etc.)

As for the other miserable change ... what the hell did they do to Akane, I don't remember her being a such a stupid cow!

Finally, Kuro ... well it's hard to judge at this point and considering the manga she was not that impressive in the beginning.

Also a lot of new (I think) characters show up in the school, which makes me fear the worst.

Anyway it's kind of early to make a judgment, but probably I'll try to treat the adaption as much as possible by discarding the hope that it would follow the manga. At this point it seems that they change a lot stuff plot-wise, in order to avoid extensive censoring and target younger and american audiences ... it's from $unrise anyway!

And by the way, they will probably cut or significantly alter one of my favorite scenes, when ...

Spoiler for for the manga:

And let not forget ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
ROTL, I think some people got influenced a lot by Ga-Rei's mortality rates and CLANNAD's Mei, because when you combine the two this is what you get
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:47   Link #93
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The first episode was a mixed bag and reading the manga really makes things worse for the anime.
Indeed but I don't feel that the changes make the anime any worse than the manga. They are on the same level of enjoyment for me, minus the jackass-ness personality of Keita but plus one generic emo slob

Quote:
ROTL, I think some people got influenced a lot by Ga-Rei's mortality rates and CLANNAD's Mei, because when you combine the two this is what you get
I thought it was more like the second season of ef

As for my thoughts on this first episode...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-12-30 at 20:09.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 19:08   Link #94
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
For those wondering too it is doppleliner not doppleganger
Bah, there's little difference. Just a lame name in an attempt to sound cool or something...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 19:24   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Bah, there's little difference. Just a lame name in an attempt to sound cool or something...
Damn I made a typo -____-

Doppeliner.

And isn't a little difference

Spoiler for something you would find out next episode anyway:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:46   Link #96
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Episode 1 seems to be decent looking at the other posts, would be great if not for the mentioning of emo-keita

Hopefully the changes from the manga won't be too extreme and turn it into a generic shounen ... got a pretty high expectation from sunrise

And lol at the doppeliner misspelling, at least it didn't become denliner or something

raw download 89% after 6 hrs (bloody internet) y does this have to happen on the 1st anime I ever dl after a year

at Deathkillz, long time no see!! (if u even remember me)
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:58   Link #97
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for First ep:
Old 2008-12-31, 10:42   Link #98
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Spoiler for ep1:
Wait for eps 2+, when a lot of your objections should be washed away.
Spoiler for ep1:
Based on the manga and ep1, I expect to enjoy this a lot more than I did Shakugan no Shana or the few eps of Index I watched. We'll see.

I've got to say that I didn't find Keita generic. He is not a generic shounen protagonist, but has some of the great shoujo emotion stuff that Yoshida Reiko can bring. He was too much of a pr*ck in the manga, at first, and this is better, for me, so far.

By the way, in case it hasn't been mentioned, check MangaFox for the scanlation, called Black God...if you dare. Hasn't ruined the anime for me so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-31 at 11:09.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 13:27   Link #99
einhorn303

Or read the official and legal English manga release from Yen Press:

http://yenpress.us/?page_id=151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
By the way, in case it hasn't been mentioned, check MangaFox for the scanlation, called Black God...if you dare. Hasn't ruined the anime for me so far.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 14:59   Link #100
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'd hardly hold Mai-Hime and it's stock of generic characters up as the "usual" type we get from Sunrise, and Macross is a trademark of Studio Nue and Big West so I have no idea what your going on about there Malkuth, assorted non sequiturs aside. It helps to do your research before you talk about what is standard for something, especially when you end up being way off the mark otherwise.

As for changes from the manga, like I've explained in the past, I don't watch anime that are adapations in the strict interest of seeing everything transfer verbatim from the source. If a series can succeed on it's own as an adaptation then it should not be restrained by it's source, so changes mean little as long as they don't cause the story to fall apart as a result of them being made. We'll just have to see how it goes, but I guarantee that one episode will never be enough to judge a show accurately.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise