AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 00:36   Link #41
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Okay, I think the reason that rapist had Ohsugi's bag was 'cause he probably stole it while he was busy vomiting. I mean, he's a rapist, why not steal?

Juiz an AI? I'd call it plausible mostly I saw Eagle Eye the other day. So many things today are controlled electronically and via EM waves, so lets say that Juiz has the ability to hack into government computer and blah blah blah. She could easily send in an order via computer to a sniper to take out some wheels. She doesn't have to be related to the government, but she could be hacking it.

Also, when Akira was asking her questions about Diana, she sort of talked like she didn't know her. There are several reasons why it could be like that. but lets makes this for a support for more than one Juiz. Juiz is probably just a codename.

Concerning the fact she misinterpreted Akira when he talked about making the PM say uncle, this is a mistake an AI would make.

Firstly because the entire sentence put together was an indirect question, and on the sub I read, "...I could probably make the Prime Minister say 'uncle'...". Something like that. But this can be very flawed since I don't know the literal Japanese to English translation. Currently, computers have the intelligence of a retarded cockroach, and I'm not exaggerating at that. Juiz did not recognize the sentence as a whole, she only interpreted it with clauses, so when she heard "make the PM say 'uncle'", she had it done.
Also, during the meeting with the PM, they people are talking about problems with Selecao, so I'm guessing that Selecao is an outside organization, and doesn't have much to do with the Japanese government.

Okay, on the other side, the Eden system, can recognize objects and faces via imaging. Another technology that is not available and will not be in the near future. A computer can look at a cup and recognize all the squares and triangles and numbers but it will never identify it as a cup. So the Eden system is highly advance, people in real life would kill for it.
Oh yeah, I know this stuff from when I read physicist Michio Kaku's book Physics of the Impossible just for those of you who think I'm pulling this out of my booty. : P

I'm going to put my money on the fact that EOTE is Sci-Fi because of the use of advanced technology.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:14   Link #42
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Not necessarily, if Juiz is a highly advanced or sentient AI; if "she" has enough processing power, she can certainly handle several Selecao requests all at once.

Another thing that has me intrigued is the fact that Juiz seems to be able to fulfil what realistically should be near-impossible requests almost instantaneously. For example, IV ("bang! bang!"), IX ("gyafun", "yo I wanna trump up false charges against someone for the LULZ", "hey I wanna be a Roppongi property owner lol"), and XI ("clean up the trash, Juiz", "I need a translator stat", "trash that tanker plskthx"). If we dismiss the possibility of the Noblesse phones having a supernatural aspect or something like that, then it's not just a matter of a stupidly rich Mr. Outside anymore; it would speak of an infrastructure on an unprecedented scale serving whatever request the 12 Selecao can possibly think up.

Amongst other things, what we've seen would suggest a dedicated agent shadowing each
Selecao, capable of doing hits and shooting out tires amongst other possible skills, ready access to the deepest levels in the economic, political and military hierarchy of Japan, and perhaps even a team of skilled professionals in all fields capable of servicing every business need. That's some scary infrastructure there, and only IX is beginning to question all this by virtue of having lost his memory. The rest of the Selecao either know something IX and the rest of us don't, or they're all just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean, yeah, it's only half the series, and the full explanation is probably still coming up. But, I just can't see the explanation not ending up being completely [beep]ing crazy, somehow. @_@
if you have not noticed, each of the juiz seem to have her own unique personality. The juiz for the detective seemed cold and detached, the juiz for Akira seems to have some sense of humor as we have seen. another thing, if Juiz actually were a computer AI, she could instantly know who the "Johny hunter" is.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:31   Link #43
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Letter View Post
She could easily send in an order via computer to a sniper to take out some wheels. She doesn't have to be related to the government, but she could be hacking it.
Hacking takes time, and this organization manages to accomplish things really fast, so most likely they are related to the government.
Quote:
Okay, on the other side, the Eden system, can recognize objects and faces via imaging. Another technology that is not available and will not be in the near future. A computer can look at a cup and recognize all the squares and triangles and numbers but it will never identify it as a cup.
All the Eden system does is matching images with tagged images in a data base. This technology already exist, but it's just that the Eden program can do it faster and a lot more accurate.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:38   Link #44
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Also, when Akira was asking her questions about Diana, she sort of talked like she didn't know her. There are several reasons why it could be like that. but lets makes this for a support for more than one Juiz. Juiz is probably just a codename.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
if you have not noticed, each of the juiz seem to have her own unique personality. The juiz for the detective seemed cold and detached, the juiz for Akira seems to have some sense of humor as we have seen. another thing, if Juiz actually were a computer AI, she could instantly know who the "Johny hunter" is.
Yes, when IX was talking to Juiz, she acted as if "she" didn't already know that XI was the Johnny Hunter. But to use this as a proof that there are many Juiz's rests on the assumption that Juiz is 100% reliable.

What I mean is, just because Juiz may know who's the Johnny Hunter doesn't mean "she" necessarily has to tell the other Selecao that it's really XI. In fact, considering the Selecao are considered "enemies" to each other in the game, it's not unlikely that part of Juiz's programming is to not reveal a Selecao's identity to another explicitly (with perhaps the exception of the Supporter). And as for IV's Juiz....I think someone brought up the possibility earlier on that Juiz was relatively cold to Kondo because he was nearing his credit limit. Besides, it could be proof of many Juiz's, but it is also equally possible that part of Juiz's programming includes an increasingly colder tone as a Selecao nears failure.
Old 2009-05-23, 02:08   Link #45
MidNteJ

The Illusion effect was awesome, but in reality she was carried off by a helicopter for those who caught it.. hard to miss since it even gave the helicopter sound. O and I seriously don't think she did that to show off (well not fully atleast). Cause she knows Saki is coming and she knows that saki heard most of the convo about Selecao. In order to make things seems complicated and miraculous that it seems the illusion effect was measured in. I believe this because she believes how Akira spends his money wasn't "efficient" since he was using them on her. Giving the fact she is a business women and I'm guessing she did a lot and spend the least before Akira made her spend so much xD.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:23   Link #46
superzombie23

I gotta say the Illusion scene was one of the most surprising and well directed anime scenes I've seen in a very long time.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:40   Link #47
Bordix

A new level of wtf for me.

and does the johnny killer had to strip down TAk nakd? I mean his wound was only around his waist Poor guy always with the awkward scenes. ROLF @ Illusion scene, Tak ur ass is showing
Old 2009-05-23, 03:42   Link #48
Jaden

Juiz sounds like an AI. The conversations with her sound pretty natural but not quite. For example there's always a short period of silence when she is evaluating and processing the "orders". This episode gave a little insight on what a fight between the selecao would be like. Basically if they were serious they'd order Juiz to kill the opponent, and possibly the faster one would win, or they would both die, or it'd become a bidding war (I'm guessing that's what will happen at some point in the series, because it'd be awesome XD )
Old 2009-05-23, 04:07   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
and does the johnny killer had to strip down TAk nakd? I mean his wound was only around his waist
I think it's pretty obvious it was just fan service for the ladies (which is good for a change, really). Still, it's not that we aren't used to his naked butt already.
Old 2009-05-23, 04:47   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

God damn, that was a one hell of a WTF episode. Even though I understood absolutely everything. I'm not quite sure how I should rate this episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

And that was weird how they kept talking about Johnies. It was such a serious conversation and yet they were using euphamisms used for comedy. Plus is was weird how the Scooby-Do gang weren't being quite that serious when they thought that their best friend was kidnapped by a killer. Did they not believe him or somehing?

Spoiler for Episode 7:

I did like Juiz's little comments. They were funny.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-05-23 at 05:05.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:45   Link #51
kamikazex

wow i think that chick is pretty badass now lol
Old 2009-05-23, 06:05   Link #52
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Man, probably that was my favorite episode so far. The suspense and the mystery was so greatly combined, I was on my edge of the seat what is going to happen.
Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:
The true protagonist of EOTE: AKIRA'S JOHNNY
Spoiler for picture:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-23 at 06:26.
Old 2009-05-23, 07:38   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It puzzles me a bit too, why Outside picked Diana. She was a serial killer before the whole deal with Juiz. Did he really think, that a perverted serial killer could change Japan? (I'd better start calling her Yagami Diana Raito).

Not to be rude with any of you, but I was a wee bit disappointed in Saki though. She finally realized it's basically her fault Osugi is missing now, but other than hanging her head in shame, she didn't show much remorse (I mean I was expecting something like "Oh no! Why is this happening with me? Why didn't I called him up in the afternoon/evening?" etc. (between the arranged two o'clock and the dinner there was quite a lot of time, to be frank)
Regarding Diana, even if her methods and her aims were wrong, she was trying to make Japan a better place. It was more than just revenge and self satisfaction. She was even willing to go against the Selelcao systme to do it. I think that's why they chose her. Because she genuinly was trying to save Japan, right from the start. Kondo also said he was the same from the start. I'm sure now that's how they're selected.

About Saki, even her friends knew she felt guily which is why one them punched the fat guy when he was saying too much. I'm glad didn't make her all angsty. She did seem very worried to me but then again she always looks worried so it's hard to say. But I am annoyed that she asked about Akira first rather than both Akira and Oosugi.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:01   Link #54
BlackDove
Unheard

Hey, I was right last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post
So.

Spoilers for 6:

Spoiler:
Beyond that, great episode this week. I guess the rapist would not call the police for a variety of reasons. Posting to his kind of forum doesn't make much sense either though, especially it being one that Ohsugi frequents as well, but if the cellphone is Ohsugi's then maybe it was pre-set to post there.

Intrigue deepens I guess. Also, the "Magic Trick" could've easily been produced by drugs. When she says "Juiz, now", she could have meant for Juiz to drug Saki in some way so she hallucinates.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:11   Link #55
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I'm not entirely sure. Would japan be a better place if someone so "unofficially" kills the criminal elements by using (even worse) criminal methods? Especially perverted ones at that.
Before the selecao game, I don't think she clipped dicks (for the sake of God! I'm so sick of hearing Jonny everytime), in order to righteously make Japan a safer place.
I'm more inclined to believe, it was a sick fetish she was doing. Especially if I consider, that guy was indeed a raper (and the one before him was a raper too). I assume she might had really bad memories with a Rape-situation, which made her to take her own revenge that way.
I mean if I were Outside, and I see a woman in her mid-twenties cutting down male organs and killing them by that method, I'm not gonna think "Oh yeah, that woman will surely save the country. She's punishing non-murder criminals after all, by pervertedly murdering them!" To be perfectly honest, I'm not Outside, but that just feels wrong to me.

About Saki yeah, she didn't seemed all that concerned at the hotel scene either. I still wish she would reflect on her own deeds and it's consequences a bit more. She just seemed to me like her usual gloomy herself, and nothing else more.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-23 at 08:35. Reason: typo >.<
Old 2009-05-23, 08:31   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well I'm not entirely sure. Would japan be a better place if someone so "unofficially" kills the criminal elements by using (even worse) criminal methods? Especially perverted ones at that.Before the selecao game, I don't think she clipped dicks (for the sake of God! I'm so sick of hearing Jonny everytime), in order to righteously make Japan a safer place.

I'm more inclined to believe, it was a sick fetish she was doing. Especially if I consider, that guy was indeed a raper (and the one before him was a raper too). I assume she might had really bad memories with a Rape-situation, which made her to take her own revenge that way.
I mean if I were Outside, and I see a woman in his mid-twenties cutting down male organs and killing them by that method, I'm not gonna think "Oh yeah, that woman will surely save the country. She's punishing non-murder criminals after all, by pervertedly murdering them!" To be perfectly honest, I'm not Outside, but that just feels wrong to me.
Hmm. I reckon Mr.OUTSIDE wasn't concerned about what they thought would save japan beforehand as long as they wanted to save Japan. Or maybe he actually agrees with her ideology. She did say she would try and save Japan "by killing the enemies of woman kind and impoting fabulous foreign men". It could just be a sick fetish guided by bad memories but I think it was both a sick fetish and an attempt to save japan guided by bad memories.

I just don't see how else she was chosen and surely she would've been taken out by the supporter by now. Unless your thinking it's to do with where she works. Might make a connection as to how she knew what #1 was like. Perhaps she will play a bigger role?
Old 2009-05-23, 08:34   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I've always thought Juiz sounded like an AI. I'm pretty sure that each Selecao doesn't have a separate human concierge, since they all have the same voice. And one human couldn't serve all those people instantly and so quickly.

2. Connection to the government makes sense. Remember that #1 was at a military airfield earlier. Lots of infrastructure available to the AIs.

3. I finally figured out that Mr. Outside just chose the people for being different, since he saw that the people normally given the opportunity to fix the country all had ineffective ideas. He was thinking "outside" the box. He's very slow to decide that a Selecao is going wrong, since he realizes he doesn't know how to fix the country, either.

Diana's idea of punishing bad people is at least semi-reasonable, even though we can see how ineffective it really is.

4. Thanks for the explanations of the tricks. I myself didn't make the connection with the helicopter, which seems obvious once you mention it. Diana probably had the network of wires set up earlier? In any case, during the time Saki was running to the hotel, there was possibly time for a medical crew to treat Akira and for the illusion to be set up.

5. It looked to me as if Akira was ready to go with Diana, but just collapsed from loss of blood, etc., before they started. Complex situation, to say the least.

6. Of course I feel defensive about Saki, but it seemed to me that she felt badly inside -- although it took a while to register with her that her not showing up for the meal had anything to do with anything -- but in an Asian way she just didn't have to go weeping and shouting about it. Instead, she actually did something about it, leaving the car and rushing to the hotel alone.

However, if you have ever been in love, you know it is perfectly natural to forget about anyone but the one you love. So she was focused on Akira when she saw him lying there. I was amazed that we didn't see any indication of her feeling badly to see that half-naked vamp beside him. In any case, Oosugi is really a pretty annoying brat. They've known each other since high school and he has been hanging around like a bad smell the whole time, despite the fact that she clearly (to an objective observer) has never been interested in him. Go to eat a meal, maybe, but that's it. She only agreed to the meal because she was in a weakened state and didn't feel right coming up with an excuse not to go.

She should have told him long ago to get lost, but she had to keep interacting with him at the club, and in any case she was too nice to do it. Of course, in a situation like this, it is cruel to be kind. In any case, it is reasonable for her to feel badly, but she is not to blame in any way, really.

I think Oosugi is probably at home in his room, resting from being hung over, and unwilling to talk to anyone. The Scooby gang may have only tried his cell number. Or else he has left town for a while, to get over his disappointment, and so as not to have to see Saki.

7. Y8billion = $80 million or so. Still a sizable chunk of cash.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-23 at 08:52.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:41   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
5. It looked to me as if Akira was ready to go with Diana, but just collapsed from loss of blood, etc., before they started. Complex situation, to say the least.
I don't think it was blood loss. I think he just passed out from a broken rib. Or maybe it was to with a small bit of blood loss combined with all the blood going down to his Johnny, so that there wasn't enough left for his brain, lol.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:46   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think it was blood loss. I think he just passed out from a broken rib. Or maybe it was to with a small bit of blood loss combined with all the blood going down to his Johnny, so that there wasn't enough left for his brain, lol.
Probably not blood loss but "internal injuries" of some kind. Maybe broken rib pain, which is intense, as I unfortunately know.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:59   Link #60
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I totally went WTF when Kuroha sprouted wings, I thought this was supposed to be a story set in our world in the not-too-distant future, with a bit of surreal advanced technology added in. So I was relieved when it turns out to be a very advanced illusion programme or something like that to fool Saki.

The two Selecaos both having Juiz stop each other has got to be the highlight of this episode, really sets the pulse racing. But we already know how capable Juiz is, what amazes me this episode is the Eden system managing to pinpoint the location of the hotel with such speed and accuracy.

The real Ohsugi is probably sleeping naked somewhere, his clothes stolen by that rapist, but otherwise, he's safe.

Another revelation Akira not only ferried 20,000 NEETs, but also instigated Careless Monday himself? Surely all this time Akira could have simply checked his spending history before getting amnesia to find out right away? Rather than have another Selecao tell him.
Closed Thread