AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 17:06   Link #3441
kitten320

So Ichigo dominated Aizen using quincy powers? Really? And now he will learn shinigami powers and be twice more powerful than before?

Shame on every quincy and shinigami out there!
a) None of the quincies was ever impressive until they learned to steal bankais
b) Ichigi quincy kicked shinigami butts!
Old 2013-06-13, 21:17   Link #3442
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Shame on every quincy and shinigami out there!
a) None of the quincies was ever impressive until they learned to steal bankais
Hey Ishida was pretty awesome. He was the first who defeated a bankai.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:59   Link #3443
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
So Ichigo dominated Aizen using quincy powers? Really?
Quincy-Hollow powers.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:22   Link #3444
GDB

I'm pretty sure he was still using Shinigami powers (in addition to quincy and hollow), it's just that they were suppressed. So... just barely above standard Shikai levels.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 13:25   Link #3445
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
So Ichigo dominated Aizen using quincy powers? Really?
No-no, he dominated aizen while holding back his shinigami powers. =P
Old 2013-06-15, 22:34   Link #3446
azenable
President of TecoT

this totally spit on the staff that did the zanpato arc in the filler..
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 11:29   Link #3447
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Quincy-Hollow powers.
are you sure it wasn't Fullbring-Shinigami powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
how so? i mean kubo has been spitting on nearly his entire work so far this final arc so why single that part out?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 22:45   Link #3448
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Ichigo did all that shit using only a fraction of his true power? Well at least no more boring training arc since Ichigo can pull any kind of power out of his ass right now. Hopefully there a even more badass looking and powerful full Hallow form for Ichigo.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 01:59   Link #3449
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Not really. That's why it's called filler. Whether you assume that the filler episodes are not canon, or the anime runs on its own continuity in which those filler episodes are canon, it has little to do with the manga. Kubo may or may not have in his mind that that's what everyone's respective Zanpakuto looks like in the manga continuity. Might have even designed them himself (I don't know who did). Kubo is the originator of the overall Bleach story, and the final arbiter of what happens in the manga (give or take a publishing executive or two), so if he later wants to do something that conflicts with anime filler...well, it's not really a conflict then, is it?

And in this case, it really isn't a conflict. Way I understand the Zanpakuto Arc (stopped watching long before then), all of the Zanpakuto spirits are taken under the control of the bad guy of the arc, manifest themselves, and revolt. I assume your "spit" comment refers to how that doesn't make sense if Zangetsu was never a real Zanpakuto. Well, he was acting as one, right? Presumably by wresting control of the part of Ichigo that makes up his real Zanpakuto. And Ichigo was certainly using him as one. If I were Mr. Bad Guy Zanpakuto Controller, and I were to come across Ichigo at that time. who exactly would I control? And if I were a bunch of disembodied Quincy power playing at being a Zanpakuto, isn't it possible that I might be controlled like one? Or at least pretend to be controlled so as not to blow my cover...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:11   Link #3450
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
are you sure it wasn't Fullbring-Shinigami powers?
meh...it's just a subdivision of shenanigan powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Ichigo did all that shit using only a fraction of his true power? Well at least no more boring training arc since Ichigo can pull any kind of power out of his ass right now. Hopefully there a even more badass looking and powerful full Hallow form for Ichigo.
Not sure why there's such a huge disconnect w/ this reveal. Merged powers, therefore, restrictions are released and you're at your maximum potential utilizing two energies. He was only using a fraction of his power when he fought normally w/out utilizing his Hollow.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:09   Link #3451
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Kubo may or may not have in his mind that that's what everyone's respective Zanpakuto looks like in the manga continuity. Might have even designed them himself (I don't know who did).
it's my understanding that he did design them himself. i could be wrong though. i never read that in an official interview or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
meh...it's just a subdivision of shenanigan powers
now those are powers i'd like to see. well actually, might as well just call fullbring powers, shenanigan powers... they are just random nonsense anyway

Quote:
Not sure why there's such a huge disconnect w/ this reveal. Merged powers, therefore, restrictions are released and you're at your maximum potential utilizing two energies. He was only using a fraction of his power when he fought normally w/out utilizing his Hollow.
i think the disconnect is because ichigo was so strong with just a fraction of his power. i mean how powerful does he need to be? he was already on a higher level than butterflaizen. it just seems like too much
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 16:44   Link #3452
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

i think the disconnect is because ichigo was so strong with just a fraction of his power. i mean how powerful does he need to be? he was already on a higher level than butterflaizen. it just seems like too much
Ichigo might as well just take over fighting Bach and everyone else....because I don't really see anyone being able to hold up against the VR again. Maybe they will, this time.....afterall, the VR did take them off guard....but while some are trying different tactics like Hitsu and Soi, Kensei's already teaching Shoes bankai which should tell you right there that one of 'em ain't making it. Besides, with the exception of Shinji, they all f**king suck anyway and Kubo can stand to kill them all off....

And Bach's not like Aizen; Urahara's a dead man if he attempts his Hail Mary move again on Bach while Ichigo pounds him or goes Entetsu or whatever the fucking hell his zanpakuto will wind up doing now....
Old 2013-06-18, 20:30   Link #3453
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And Bach's not like Aizen; Urahara's a dead man if he attempts his Hail Mary move again on Bach while Ichigo pounds him or goes Entetsu or whatever the fucking hell his zanpakuto will wind up doing now....
I think the main difference between Aizen and Bach is that the former just played with the others. He could have easily killed Ichigo and the others (remember Hitsugaya?) but his objective was testing the potential of the Hogyoku to... Defeat the Soul King? Bach just wants everybody dead.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:19   Link #3454
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

The form of his new zanpaktou makes sense. somehow.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:34   Link #3455
Casshern

It's mirroring the "white's" sword-arms.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:41   Link #3456
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

dual wielding zanpakutou! yay!

I wonder if he can combine it into one sword then make it huge with his reiatsu
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:45   Link #3457
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Half-waiting for the twist that Kyoraku was originally a human/shinigami/quincy/hollow thing, and underwent the same process of reforging to get his daisho pair - the presence of the second sword does somewhat reduce Ichigo's ability to call forth his mask, though, which either suggests that the hollow is gone, or he'll only mask up once he's in whatever his new bankai is (by the way, does he have to relearn bankai, as he hasn't defeated the real Zangetsu?)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 05:15   Link #3458
Awrya
U mad?

First thing I'm worried about, Ichigo spent 500+ chapters using a single blade, now he has to dual wield with no experience?
Though that hardly matters, he'll just power through grunt units.

Second, are old man zangetsu and hollow Ichigo gone? It sounds like they either merged or disappeared.

Third, I sense another incoming training arc, getting to know his new sword and obtaining his real bankai. The blacksmith guy calls them his two Zangetsus, but did his zanpaktou get a new true name since it was reforged?
Old 2013-06-19, 05:23   Link #3459
Eragon
Still Alive

I have learned to turn my brain off since the last chapter and simply enjoy the ridiculousness of Bleach and Naruto at this point in time. It just a pointless waste of calories to try and point out things that don't seem to make sense in these mangas or raging about it.
Old 2013-06-19, 06:25   Link #3460
DarkHollowIchigo

Okay.....dual blader Ichigo...bad ass!!

Tags
bleach, chapter