AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-08, 23:12   Link #101
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

This is a good manga and all but my god it could be so much better if it did not drag on and on. There are so many unnecessary fight and characters that could have been left out. I see no point of Itagaki, all he does is slowing down the manga. Imo the manga should had official Miyata vs Ippo long ago and should be lot further than this. If the pace had been better I would say this would be on par with Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21.
Old 2009-02-09, 00:15   Link #102
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think Itagaki will serve later on as the next Kimura, since Aoki and him have many loses, I think they'll finally retire sooner or later and as for Aoki's replacement, probably a new character.
Old 2009-02-16, 23:35   Link #103
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
This is a good manga and all but my god it could be so much better if it did not drag on and on. There are so many unnecessary fight and characters that could have been left out. I see no point of Itagaki, all he does is slowing down the manga. Imo the manga should had official Miyata vs Ippo long ago and should be lot further than this. If the pace had been better I would say this would be on par with Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21.
but, Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 would never be able to last as long as Ippo. it has gotten this far for a reason. i take that back Slam Dunk just maybe able to. also if i remember correctly Slam Dunk matches also lasted this long. they were long as well. Ippo is great because because it has very good charcaters and it is really well written.

as for Miyata vs Ippo the manga will end as soon as one betters one another. when they face each other also i really hope that the mangeka will not end it in a drw because that would be soooooo bad. it will have a clear winner. then the manga will end.

also Itagaki is an important character as he will be the one taking the mantle after Ippo relinquesis the tiltle. he has already passed on the batton as Date did to him. Itagaki is the next in line.
Old 2009-02-16, 23:49   Link #104
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

hajime no ippo is one of the best mangas around hands down, the focus on boxing the depth of the characters is truly amazing. I am obviously a slam dunk fan and proud of it and I also love eyshield 21 but they both have long matches that drag on as well. instead of trying to contrast them against each other we should all be thankful to have so many good sports manga to read. It is a tough thing that slam dunk is over but wishing for the end of ippo is a bad bad thing when it still gives us great stories after so many years.
Old 2009-02-17, 09:44   Link #105
AnimeFangirl

I intensely dislike Itagaki. Always have, always will. Thinking of him inheriting Date's title makes my stomach churn.
Old 2009-02-17, 10:29   Link #106
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I intensely dislike Itagaki. Always have, always will. Thinking of him inheriting Date's title makes my stomach churn.
what is so wrong with his character. i like that he has a couple of flaws and he lost, then he learned lessons as he had each fight. he has a huge amount of talent, he showed that during the Meshiba spars.
Old 2009-02-17, 11:17   Link #107
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
but, Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 would never be able to last as long as Ippo. it has gotten this far for a reason. i take that back Slam Dunk just maybe able to. also if i remember correctly Slam Dunk matches also lasted this long. they were long as well. Ippo is great because because it has very good charcaters and it is really well written.

as for Miyata vs Ippo the manga will end as soon as one betters one another. when they face each other also i really hope that the mangeka will not end it in a drw because that would be soooooo bad. it will have a clear winner. then the manga will end.

also Itagaki is an important character as he will be the one taking the mantle after Ippo relinquesis the tiltle. he has already passed on the batton as Date did to him. Itagaki is the next in line.
Well imo Slam Dunk ended at the right moment before it dragged on, of course the last match against Sannoh was amazing but if it went on longer I am not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much. And its not much as the match dragged on its the story, like I said before there were many fights that could have been left out. Also if the story ended after a match vs Miyata is kinda disservice to Date. I want Ippo truly taking Date's will and becoming world champ. But I suppose ending at that point wouldn't be bad either. And really Itagaki could have been left out, he doing nothing to the story besides slowing it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
hajime no ippo is one of the best mangas around hands down, the focus on boxing the depth of the characters is truly amazing. I am obviously a slam dunk fan and proud of it and I also love eyshield 21 but they both have long matches that drag on as well. instead of trying to contrast them against each other we should all be thankful to have so many good sports manga to read. It is a tough thing that slam dunk is over but wishing for the end of ippo is a bad bad thing when it still gives us great stories after so many years.
I will say it again its not the match itself it is the overall story. There are few fights that could have been left out. And I don't want Ippo to be over but what I want is to story to progress further. How many title challenge fight do I need read or how many pointless Itagaki fights do I have to endure? Imo after the match against Sendoh the story has not much moved further besides events of Takamura and Date.
Old 2009-02-17, 11:31   Link #108
kakakka

After Sendoh match, the series is became focused on Makunochi constantly defending his title. While its looks like its not important, it became a reasonable place in the story to explore his weaknesses and improve his strengths.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 13:03   Link #109
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^ i think that this is really important that they did focus on his development and moving up in the world. that was just well done. they focus on the other people at the gym because it is a long manga and adds character to the people he looks up to and respects, which gives him the ability to develope more.
Old 2009-02-19, 12:48   Link #110
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

just saw the latest chapter raw...gotta tell you Miyata's beatdown comebacks are getting to be a bore...there's no feel to it now, it feels like I've watched a scripted wrestling match where the losing guy still has the time to taunt and go at it.
Old 2009-02-20, 03:21   Link #111
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
just saw the latest chapter raw...gotta tell you Miyata's beatdown comebacks are getting to be a bore...there's no feel to it now, it feels like I've watched a scripted wrestling match where the losing guy still has the time to taunt and go at it.

And if miyata some how knocks out randy boy with a single hit im gonna be really disappointed
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 06:55   Link #112
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
And if miyata some how knocks out randy boy with a single hit im gonna be really disappointed
QFT...

RBJ has taken Miyata's all of Miyata's best shots, he did to all the other competitors, RBJ did however managed to lessen the blows so he could take all of them, he has toughness and gives Miyata the beatdown, but he still manages to get up. I suggest if ever RBJ is gonna win, he'd better take out the left ribs too so the ref would stop the fight.
Old 2009-02-20, 07:01   Link #113
AnimeFangirl

Please win, RBJ. Please, please win. I want to see you fight Ippo.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:50   Link #114
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Please win, RBJ. Please, please win. I want to see you fight Ippo.
That will not happen... to many chapters of HnI said it... Ippo and Miyata are destinated to fight again, same way Date and Martinez fought again, Ippo and Sendoh fought again.

Ippo will fight with Miyata, he will defeat him and the he will fight Martinez (i dont know that outcome...)
Old 2009-02-20, 09:02   Link #115
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In the latest scanlation seems Miyata's gonna gamble and will push forward for a right punch since he sees an opening on RBJ's lefts.

But remember that RBJ said to himself that Sanghuchi's data was so accurate, he's probably being cautious one reason why he only trows lefts. Seeing he can indeed dodge and put a step foot forward again for a body blow in one of the panels instead of a left.

Ippo and Miyata fight will wait since the damage on Miyata is as great or even greater that what Ippo did to Sendo. But knowing Sendo he's brick build he's tougher than rocks.
Old 2009-02-20, 15:01   Link #116
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

from the looks of it he can still win with just one hit. he does have that counter to the jaw and the jolt. both of those could do enough damage to knock RBJ out. most likely he will use the jolt in this situtation. i doubt that he will get the chance to use the counter to the jaw that severs the link.

and it's not so bad if he did win with the one counter. he did win the earlier rounds. he gave it his all. so he did damage RBJ and now is reaping the effects of that. so it's not like he just throws one punch and wins. also this would go with what there fathers did to each other. RBJ's father did hit Miyata's father with one punch. so it would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
knowing Sendo he's brick build he's tougher than rocks.
lol... so true
Old 2009-02-20, 17:38   Link #117
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That will not happen... to many chapters of HnI said it... Ippo and Miyata are destinated to fight again, same way Date and Martinez fought again, Ippo and Sendoh fought again.

Ippo will fight with Miyata, he will defeat him and the he will fight Martinez (i dont know that outcome...)
meh i dont want to see them fight anymore

miyata should just lose and move up in weight class

ippo vs rbj ftw

also i cannot see how miyata can win this fight anymore is he gonna one shot rbj or something unexpected happens to rbj

or maybe miyata comes up with new move like some type of killer uppercut
Old 2009-02-20, 18:57   Link #118
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
miyata should just lose and move up in weight class
That will not happen, the whole plot of the manga is based on the rivalry between Ippo and Miyata. If Miyata doesn't move up in weight class is exactly because the promise they did.

Quote:
ippo vs rbj ftw
RBJ will be another Arnie Gregory.

Quote:
also i cannot see how miyata can win this fight anymore is he gonna one shot rbj or something unexpected happens to rbj

or maybe miyata comes up with new move like some type of killer uppercut
It's quite simple, HnI has too many cliches, you must just review the whole backgroung of this fight, this fight started too many years before, when both dads fought... Miyata's dad dominated the whole fight, but a single blow of RBJ's dad ended his carreer.

This is a manga ruled by the laws of "Shonen Manga"... so Miyata's win is totally expected.
Old 2009-02-20, 20:13   Link #119
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That will not happen, the whole plot of the manga is based on the rivalry between Ippo and Miyata. If Miyata doesn't move up in weight class is exactly because the promise they did.

RBJ will be another Arnie Gregory.

It's quite simple, HnI has too many cliches, you must just review the whole backgroung of this fight, this fight started too many years before, when both dads fought... Miyata's dad dominated the whole fight, but a single blow of RBJ's dad ended his carreer.

This is a manga ruled by the laws of "Shonen Manga"... so Miyata's win is totally expected.
your probably right miyata gonna win

but im praying the author will surprise us all with a loss
Old 2009-02-21, 17:51   Link #120
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Kind of wondering how long they can maintain the plot of miyata in a weight class that's destroying him. (likely as long as is necessary for the plot)
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports